• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Sacrificed textures for 1080p/60fps. Which version are you playing btw?

That's not exactly true and a common misconception. Virtual texturing (megatextures) essentially sacrifices texture detail for a nearly limitless number of unique textures per scene. It loses the fine detail on the individual surfaces, but gains the benefit of the artists being able to hand-paint every inch of the world without worrying about VRAM limitations. It's a great idea in concept, but current hardware/storage media isn't quite there yet.

The textures don't have as much impact on the framerate as other optimizations and cutbacks.

Anyone playing with a 560ti?

I am, with a 3GHz dual core CPU, no less. Works pretty great at 1080p with medium quality preset. 45-60fps.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Up to the end of Chapter 4. I am loving every second of this.

BJ going around eating dog food never gets old.

MattyG

Banned
After finishing this and immediately starting it again (something I rarely do), I feel like this game is very similar to Dishonored. Of course, they aren't the same at all, but the feeling I got from them is the same. They are both huge experiences packed with content and unique ideas, multiple ways to go about things, expertly made, and damn fun. They're both games that I just don't want to put down, even though I know the story. Only 2 or 3 games did that for me last gen, Dishonored being the most recent. I played Dishonored 8 times, and I get the feeling I'm going to be seeing much more of Wolfenstein, too.

Oh, and the silenced pistol is so OP.
I love it

Anyone else have trouble installing this on XBONE? I kept getting 'installation stopped' messages. Eventually I just downloaded it from the store even though I've got the disc.

On the other hand, it's cool that it'll let you download a game from the store if you have a disc.

sorry if this has been covered

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If you have the knife out and hit right on the dpad, he'll switch the way he holds it. Pretty neat though I don't think it changes anything.

If you have the knife out and hit right on the dpad, he'll switch the way he holds it. Pretty neat though I don't think it changes anything.

It changes the type of swings, and the kind of takedown kills you perform. Nice little detail that doesn't make a big difference but one I love to mess around with. I'm constantly switching my grip while running around.

Fotos

Just finished the game. I reallllyyyyyyy enjoyed this game. Can't wait to start a new play through.

It's crazy how Deathshead's finally dead. He's been in the series for 13 years. Also there's obviously going to be a sequel or DLC because Frau was never killed. I really hope there's a sequel because I now love B.J. as a character.

Best game of this gen so far imo

zorbsie

Almost 3 complete playthroughs later...
wolfstats8nujd.png
Kind of want to try out a couple of the extra modes. Really love this game. Is there any word on DLC?

Levyne

Banned
Maxed out the Stealth tree first, awww yeah.

I think I like the perks. None of them are too grindy to feel like chores, they reward you in a way that is interesting but doesn't "break" the game. They are game-y enough that they motivate you to try different weapons and approach things in different ways. It's also really easy to open your journal and check your progress, no going deep into menus to see where you're at.

It can be a bit distracting where you find yourself systematically crossing off the perks, but that's relatively minor.

This game is really impressing me in the story department so far.

Some of the graphics and the overall technical quality of the game is lacking but its not a huge deal.

Biggest thing is that the audio all sounds like shit. They really should patch in a better audio mix. I'm using the gold headphones and going from infamous which I finished last week to this is a HUGE downgrade.

Also does anyone else notice that the occlusion culling is wayyy too overzealous. Like when you turn a corner or a pillar crosses your view, a lot of objects pop out and back in quickly, but visibly?
I noticed this in last gen games but this game doesn't seem to be anything too technically demanding.. Its just very distracting to turn a corner and have a table, the boxes in the room, and a mounted turret pop in a split second after the room enters your view.

I wish the game gave you more control of the audio, I'd like to bump the voices up since I can barely hear them instead of having to use subtitles for everything.

Thorgi

Beat it in a day, but that's because I'm a bit crazy, not because the game is short. One of the best shooters I've played in a while, though the shotgun toting, armored enemies drove me crazy. Also, is the alternate timeline different enough to justify a second playthrough?

Dammit. I was on the final chapter and I got an error taking me out of the game saying I had to start a new game. It allowed me to complete the game still surprisingly, but it deleted all my game completion and collectibles. So no chapters are registering as completed anymore. Damn. PS4 version btw

Marcel

Almost 3 complete playthroughs later...

Kind of want to try out a couple of the extra modes. Really love this game. Is there any word on DLC?

Hopefully they will be selling the Kill Hitler campaign as DLC and not Frau Engel's Revenge or whatever.

God damn it need help with what may as well be a QTE. A few hours into the game.

I just got to the prison. I go down into a tunnel and a panzer hound chases me. I need to use the laser cutter to cut a chain so I can drop down but it never seems to register. I've died like 5 times on this part, what am I supposed to do?

Edit: figures as soon as I post this I do it on the next try, haha

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
More importantly, he should be able to throw knives farther than 20 feet. You gotta arc those things so hard even when they are just a little far away. I've thrown playing cards more commandingly than he throws knives.

Hmm...so far this is seeming pretty generic. I just started, so maybe it picks up? I see what people are saying about the sound mix being off, too

Made the observation when reading B.J.'s profile that Wolf2009 is indeed canon I suppose. Think I'm gonna go pic k up a copy from Gamestop tomorrow for collectors sake. That and it seems like one of the few places that isn't charging absurd prices for it as of right now.

Top Bottom