• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

DukeBobby

The Laserkraftwerk is a pretty useless weapon at first, but man, when you find some upgrades it turns into a thing of beauty.

Those gibs!

Lima

The Laserkraftwerk is a pretty useless weapon at first, but man, when you find some upgrades it turns into a thing of beauty.

Those gibs!

Funny thing. When I first looked at the description of one of the perks and it said get kills with LKW I was like wait a minute am I supposed to get kills using a Lastkraftwagen? Then I felt dumb.

Nemesis_

The Xbox One version has voice commands with Kinect (you can open menus and whatnot) which is pretty nifty albeit pretty useless in a game this fast paced.

Does the PS4 version manage to incorporate use of the touchpad or the camera?

It's actually really disappointing that of all the XBO features they could've used, they didn't utilise the Impulse Triggers.

Cmagus

Glad I bought the digital version of this on PS4.... It says the game is finished downloading I play the first cockpit area and then I get a message telling me I can't play anymore because the game isn't downloaded.

BoNrugbIIAAtFOR.jpg:large

I check everything and it says its all installed and good to go only to realize that only the patch downloaded and the rest of the game is downloading still which I had to dig around to find. I left this on over night and its now been 16 hours and I'm only at 29/52 gig and my internet is not slow. Like wtf is this its beyond ridiculous at this point.

This game looks like absolute shit to the point where it's almost unplayable (on PS3). Seriously, the textures take forever to pop in and some even don't, it looks worse than a PS2 game whenever I run and gun. I died when placing C4 on a wall because it looked so fucking bad I couldn't believe it.

Thank god I rented this.

PS3? There's your problem. Time to let last gen go.

Bittercup

No mistake, Bethesda just changed its mind. Still no luck for Austria*, though.

* Israel and Japan are also excluded, but the game isn't available in the former at all and it doesn't release in the latter for another couple of weeks. If nothing else I suspect the game's general status will change once Japan gets the game.
And now Austria as well! :)

Watching the Giant Bomb quicklook and kinda amazed at how much ADS is used. Am I the only one hip firing almost exclusively? It's just more satisfying IMO.

SkylineRKR

Chapter 12 was brilliant. Linear, but brilliant. There were still different ways to deal with groups of mobs though.

Also like the graphics of this. Its just colorful and framerate is smooth.

ADS, yeah, I use it not that much compared to other games.

AJ_Wings

It's shocking how utterly pointless ADS in this game for a modern shooter. I think it's only useful function is more damage at headshots. Not that I'm complaining!

MC Safety

I don't mean to keep harping on this, but do you need to complete the game to play the records you collect?

I've collected two records now, and neither one will play. I've tried to access them via main menu and the in-game (collectible) menu.

Is this a bug? Has anyone experienced this?

If I start a new game, do I keep my collectibles and perks?

You don't need to start a new game I don't think. Just select a previous chapter at a different difficulty or whatever.

It's shocking how utterly pointless ADS in this game for a modern shooter. I think it's only useful function is more damage at headshots. Not that I'm complaining!

I think at this point if you don't have ADS in your shooter you'd cause riots. So it's there just to please the unwashed masses.

Watching the Giant Bomb quicklook and kinda amazed at how much ADS is used. Am I the only one hip firing almost exclusively? It's just more satisfying IMO.

I'm only using it when the perks require me to.

PS3? There's your problem. Time to let last gen go.

I'd rather not buy a $400 console when the PS3 version plays perfectly fine at 720p and a solid 60FPS. The textures aren't as good as the first-party PS3 stuff, but it's a decent trade off for performance this good.

If I start a new game, do I keep my collectibles and perks?

Yeah you can bounce between all the chapters and keep everything you've unlocked.

I've been browsing this thread for past week or so. I'll hopefully have a chance to play later this evening. I have a 5 hour flight from Hawaii to LAX and then the drive home. At least my sleep patern is all screwed so I can have a late night session.

nded

I feel like it's there mostly as a concession to analog sticks since the console versions seem to have minimal aim assist if any. Otherwise, it's only ever useful for the Marksman and the fully upgraded LKW.

Jito

Banned
I'd rather not buy a $400 console when the PS3 version plays perfectly fine at 720p and a solid 60FPS. The textures aren't as good as the first-party PS3 stuff, but it's a decent trade off for performance this good.

It was clearly a direct response to the guy complaining it looked like a PS2 game. Some people have problems with the way it looks and yet are playing it on ancient hardware, its laughable.

O.DOGG

What the fuck is it with these bullet sponge enemies? Emptying a full clip of double assault rifles doesn't bring a shotgun Nazi down? What the fuck? I've been screaming in frustration with this shit.

Arkanius

What the fuck is it with these bullet sponge enemies? Emptying a full clip of double assault rifles doesn't bring a shotgun Nazi down? What the fuck? I've been screaming in frustration with this shit.

They are the hardest enemies in the whole game. They scare me more than giant mechs.
How is that shit even possible?

Sliver

Jito

Banned
Seriously? How is last gen an excuse? You can turn around in hallways and see blurry textures covering everything.

Just look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs_MKOExEt4#t=839

It's ridiculous to blame that on "ancient hardware."

You want the best quality you'll have to get a better system to run it on. You really expect games to look as good and run as good as the other consoles when playing on old hardware? It's the equivalent of me having shit PC hardware and moaning I can't run a game on ultra.

Seriously? How is last gen an excuse? You can turn around in hallways and see blurry textures covering everything.

Just look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs_MKOExEt4#t=839

It's ridiculous to blame that on "ancient hardware."

That's how RAGE looked too; it's the nature of idtech5. Like I said, the first half-hour doesn't look as good as the rest of the game (which that video is showing), but it gets much, much better by the third chapter. By the fourth chapter you're running around fairly large maps with multiple enemy bases with barely a blurry texture in sight.

Hell, even despite the fact that this is cross-gen, we've got massive, huge maps with a wide variety of textures and tons of fighting occurring with mountains of moving geometry running at 60 FPS.

Jito

Banned
Then what if I said "It remains unclear to me." Because as far as I can tell, it's an unqualified statement. Ditch last-gen. Uh, no, thanks.

I read it, and I disagree with your interpretation.

Well the guy who you originally quoted was replying to someone saying it looked like shit, he suggested not playing it on PS3. I don't see what's unclear now?

Jito

Banned
You're wasting my time. I've already explained what I thought the post was saying. You'd just rather harass me over it.

Lol harass? I was simply trying to understand why you'd reply like that when he was talking to someone who had complaints with the PS3 version. Anyway enough of this pointless conversation.

Mask

I just realized that Set Roth looks almost exactly like Dr. Bosconovich from Tekken. Even gets the same glasses later on.

Not many collectibles left now. Finished chapter 16 on the
Fergus timeline
, and I'm on chapter 10 on the
Wyatt timeline
. Just have about 10 or so Enigma codes, a few Letters, some Gold, 2 Health upgrades, and a few more Armor upgrades, then it's time to complete it again on Uber for the trophy.

Top Bottom