• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S Thread: The S is for Sexy

Anion

Just got shipping confirmation from the ebay/newegg deal. So hyped

Im also now looking at 4K TVs lol. The Samsung KS8000 peaks my attention with its HDR10 and 18-20ms input lag

finalflame

Just got shipping confirmation from the ebay/newegg deal. So hyped

Im also now looking at 4K TVs lol. The Samsung KS8000 peaks my attention with its HDR10 and 18-20ms input lag

Unless you're willing to spend twice as much on OLED, your best choices right now are P-Series or KS8000. Tradeoff between having FALD and Dolby Vision support (P-series) or higher peak brightness and better content upscaling (KS8000).

aaronwt

You're happy with HDR on your 850c? I've found my screen (brightness) takes a major hit while watching HDR content on Netflix, regular 4K content looks way better. But like I said I've only streamed it over Netflix, haven't had the opportunity to watch a UHD Blu ray movie yet.

Netflix is borked on the XBOne S. Unless they recently fixed it. Because it forces the TVs to HDR mode as soon as the apps starts. It should only be going into HDR mode when streaming back a title with HDR. And most of the Netflix UHD titles do not have HDR.

Streaming Netflix HDR content from my other devices has looked very good from my 850C. I haven't had any brightness hits with HDR. Just the opposite.

Updated my set-up pic...

164311_full.jpg

Almost all of my games are installed on the external 4TB HDD from the transfer from my 1TB console. I am pretty sure I could move everything over to the Xbox now and not have to worry about running out of space again since I probably won't be playing any newer games on it (I bought it for the UHD BD player, all future exclusives will be played on PC). Is it really worth keeping the HDD for the faster loading, or should I move it all over and find another use for the HDD?

nick776

Last years TV's are HDR 10 as well, they may just not be in spec as to what the UHDA defines as HDR but if they have HDR it is going to be HDR10.

Didn't the P series just do an update with HDR10? Maybe something is off with the HDR update they implemented. Do you have anything else that will do HDR?

Yes, the P updated to HDR10. I don't have any other HDR10 components other than the XOS.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Picked one of these up and put an amplified OTA antenna on it.

Holy shit I've been missing out. I underestimated the awesomeness of the Xbone for cord cutters looking for their television fix; just in time for the Olympics too.

Lots of nice little features like when turning off the system it automatically powers off my TV and sound bar.

Forza, Gears of war ultimate and Rare replay should keep me busy in the games front for a while.

T.O.P

Banned
Picked one of these up and put an amplified OTA antenna on it.

Holy shit I've been missing out. I underestimated the awesomeness of the Xbone for cord cutters looking for their television fix; just in time for the Olympics too.

Lots of nice little features like when turning off the system it automatically powers off my TV and sound bar.

Forza, Gears of war ultimate and Rare replay should keep me busy in the games front for a while.

Sunset Overdrive should be on that list :)

Been trying to connect my new controller to my PC via Bluetooth but can't seem to get it to work, it starts pairing but keeps asking me to enter a code to pair it. When I enter a blank code it seems to install but then immediately disconnects again and the controller keeps flashing.
I've updated it already, any ideas what could be wrong? Maybe it's not compatible with the Bluetooth dongle, it's rather an old one.

For anyone with the same problem, I got a new bluetooth dongle that's supports 4.1 and it now works fine, my old one only supported 2.1 so that's what must have been causing the error.

Weevilone

Wow just got my newegg package. Shipped yesterday and just came! Didn't even pay the extra $50 shipping! Wow

Got mine in a day too!

Sadly, this unit was destined for my kids' TV since it's 4k if not UHD. Sadly my son decided to sneak around and try to make his own Xbox Live account while with one of his friends, despite being told explicitly not to. (he's 10)

Now I have a dilemma since that's my only 4k display.

I almost went and traded in my original Xbox One yesterday, but held off.

I'm thinking that, because all XBO games are coming to PC now and I have a 1080, there's no point in spending the extra money for the 2TB system since I'll be playing on my PC. Am I right that I should just wait for the 500GB? Or is there something I'm missing?

You would think that's the case, until you start paying games that seem to run smoother on the S.

Of course to answer your question, wait for thr 500 or the 1TB. I didn't because I have a sickness, and I can't control myself.

SOR5

Updated my set-up pic...

164311_full.jpg

Almost all of my games are installed on the external 4TB HDD from the transfer from my 1TB console. I am pretty sure I could move everything over to the Xbox now and not have to worry about running out of space again since I probably won't be playing any newer games on it (I bought it for the UHD BD player, all future exclusives will be played on PC). Is it really worth keeping the HDD for the faster loading, or should I move it all over and find another use for the HDD?

beaut.

Anion

Unless you're willing to spend twice as much on OLED, your best choices right now are P-Series or KS8000. Tradeoff between having FALD and Dolby Vision support (P-series) or higher peak brightness and better content upscaling (KS8000).
I'll probably go for the Samsung KS8000 eventually. Hopefully around October I'll jump in
Same. Will be here this afternoon. Pretty glad I did not spend an extra $50 to get it delivered today.
Definitely glad I didn't either lol. Haven't bought from Newegg in a while. I completely forgot they always ship fast
Got mine in a day too!

Sadly, this unit was destined for my kids' TV since it's 4k if not UHD. Sadly my son decided to sneak around and try to make his own Xbox Live account while with one of his friends, despite being told explicitly not to. (he's 10)

Now I have a dilemma since that's my only 4k display.
LOL. Your son is a clever boy! You never know, maybe the TV could magically move to your room...

My Quantum Break from Newegg was delivered yesterday (in my mailbox) but the leasing office is acting like they can't find my Halo 5 CE... All of this could have just been avoided if they had shipped them all together. I for the life of me can't understand why they didn't.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Some more quick pics of it in an all-black electronic cabinet

I believe you lol! Right now I game on a 2012 (I think) ES8000, so it's a few generations old lol
I'm so sad I sold my matte black Xbox 360 S 😭😭😭.
I've been trying to find a decently priced new/sealed unit and haven't yet. One day hopefully, but the production having stopped will make them more expensive in the future I bet.

DirtyLarry

So I said I would not post back in this thread unless I saw the black out video issue again, and yep, I saw the blackout video again. It is back with a fucking vengeance.

So unfortunately, my fix of not using PC RGB for the Color Space has nothing at all to do with anything. It is completely back. Damn it.

EDIT - It just blacked out at the very end of the Men's 200M in the Olympics! Seriously WTF.

So I said I would not post back in this thread unless I saw the black out video issue again, and yep, I saw the blackout video again. It is back with a fucking vengeance.

So unfortunately, my fix of not using PC RGB for the Color Space has nothing at all to do with anything. It is completely back. Damn it.

EDIT - It just blacked out at the very end of the Men's 200M in the Olympics! Seriously WTF.

try the things I listed earlier.

Bsigg12

Then the new M series would be a decent way to go if you want a new 4K TV with HDR.

Idk im just remembering what the Cto said over on the AVS forums. Said the update will roll out to both the p and m series.

Too much traffic on that forum it's hard to keep up now.

Fair enough. I bought a P series this year and haven't looked much at the new M series (I had an M60-C3 which is a great TV before buying a new P65-C1 for the increase in Active LED zones)

Anion

My OCD is twitching haha cmon announce the black version.
I know LOL. I wish it was black haha. But its sooooo good. Dashboard has like no lag to me. Maybe my launch X1 was just messed up or something - but finally everything opens much quicker. And like native settings/activity apps open instantaneously.
I'm so sad I sold my matte black Xbox 360 S 😭😭😭.
I've been trying to find a decently priced new/sealed unit and haven't yet. One day hopefully, but the production having stopped will make them more expensive in the future I bet.

I love the matte black version, so I am sorry for you lol! I'm just sad I scratched it slightly with dropping my xbox one controller on it when I unboxed the launch xbox one :(

Then the new M series would be a decent way to go if you want a new 4K TV with HDR.

Fair enough. I bought a P series this year and haven't looked much at the new M series (I had an M60-C3 which is a great TV before buying a new P65-C1 for the increase in Active LED zones)

P series is also a 10 bit panel over M series which is an 8 bit panel I believe.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
For those wondering the Vizio P series supports BOTH Dolby Vision and HDR 10 with the firmware update that was realesed a couple weeks ago. Seems there's some confusion about that.

Top Bottom