• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YAY!!! My Metroid Prime 2 Demo disc shipped

aparisi2274

So I just got this e-mail from Nintendo:

Hello!

You recently received an e-mail from Nintendo explaining that because you have registered your Nintendo system and five or more games online, you've qualified for the METROID PRIME 2 ECHOES BONUS DISK.

We wanted to let you know it is on its way to you. Your award is being sent via First Class Mail. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.

Thank you for your interest in Nintendo products!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Anyone else get their confirmation yet???

aoi tsuki

Considering i just qualified around Thursday, i'm surprised i just got the email a few minutes ago. Seems rather fast.

I think they're shipping right now to everyone who qualified since the beginning of the promotion.

I guess I'll have to hold onto this too, if it's in a different package than the Prime/Prime 2 set. Which it probably will be. Ah, the sad life of a collector.

ge-man

I got the email. I almost missed it though--for some reason my hotmail account sent the mail to the junk folder.

Man, I hope this is a lot smoother than the Zelda disc.

Tritroid

Yay! I got an email! Odd how it was in my spam folder though...

Aside from the crappy MM port, what was wrong with the Zelda disc?

aparisi2274

I hope that this goes smoother than the Zelda Disc, because I waited like 3-4 weeks for the Zelda disc, and I never got it, and I called, and then they sent out another, so I actually have 2 copies of that bonus disc. So, um... yeah scratch that about it going smoother than the Zelda disc. I'll take 2 copies of Metroid Prime 2 Demo.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the value of this disc will shoot up? Really it shouldn't.

Anyhow, I got my Zelda disc in one weeks time, so I should be playing by next week

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
clipunderground said:
fuck me. :(

60+ games, 6 controllers, 2 GBA's etc.. and I still don't meet there stupid criteria.
Seriously, How could you not have enough PINS? What did you purchase since last November?

I hate you all and I hate nintendo forced me to subscribe to Nintendo power in order to get the Zelda disc. I am a fan and I am willing to pay a resonable amount for these collector stuff and preview discs but come on, subscribe to a magazine for a year or forced to buy games that I don't like? Don't treat your fans like this.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I wish I could get ahold of this disc, but there is way...

I don't understand why Nintendo is so difficult about these things....

Ha! I was all sad because I didn't get the mail, then I checked my junk mail folder after reading the other comments and there it was! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

I can't wait.

Necroscope said:
I am a fan and I am willing to pay a resonable amount for these collector stuff and preview discs but come on, subscribe to a magazine for a year or forced to buy games that I don't like? Don't treat your fans like this.
If you don't like five out of the twenty-five games released thus far with PINs inside, are you really a Nintendo fan?

dark10x

Kobun Heat said:
If you don't like five out of the twenty-five games released thus far with PINs inside, are you really a Nintendo fan?

Wait, 25? Just which games are included in this (or more specifically, where is the list)?

edit - Nevermind, I found it. That list sucks ass. I don't have a single one of those games. Most of them are GBA titles (a system I do not own) and only like three or four of those games are even something I'd consider playing (OK, a lot of those older games are good...but I wouldn't buy them nowadays). Oh well... :(

I don't see why a "true" Nintendo fan would own 5 of those games. It isn't as if those represent Nintendo's quality or anything...

dark10x said:
Wait, 25? Just which games are included in this (or more specifically, where is the list)?

Okay, 23 to be exact:

1. Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games
2. Mario vs. Donkey Kong
3. Mario Golf: Advance Tour
4. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
5. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
6. Classic NES Series: Ice Climber
7. Mario Party 5
8. Metroid: Zero Mission
9. Pokémon Colosseum
10. Legend of Zelda, The: Four Swords Adventures
11. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
12. Classic NES Series: The Legend of Zelda
13. Classic NES Series: Pac-Man
14. Classic NES Series: Xevious
15. Classic NES Series: Excitebike
16. Custom Robo
17. Classic NES Series: Bomberman
18. 1080° Avalanche
19. Classic NES Series: Donkey Kong
20. Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros.
21. GBA Video: Pokémon - For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll!
22. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$
23. GBA Video: Pokémon - Johto Photo Finish

Okay, I can see not buying the Classic NES series, GBA Video, or Rape Rape Hamster, but...

Mario Kart: DD;
Mario and Luigi;
Zero Mission;
Zelda FSA; and
Wario Ware?

Those are must-haves right there.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm just going off the top of my head here, so I'll no doubt be missing some.

NES Classic Series (8 PINs)
GBA Video (2 PINs)
Hamtaro - Ham Ham Games
FF Crystal Chronicles
Mario Party 5
1080 Avalanche
Mario & Luigi
Fire Emblem
Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures
Custom Robo
Metroid Zero Mission
Pokemon Colosseum
Mario Golf Advance Tour
Mario Kart Double Dash
Wario Ware Inc GCN
Mario vs Donkey Kong

Beaten to the punch!

dark10x

You're right, those are 5 good games. I don't like Double Dash, however, and I don't own a GBA. I've played Wario Ware on GBA enough to not bother with the GC release either.

I have finished Four Swords Adventure on a freedom pass rental and loved it. I would have purchased it if I had known it was a good single player game before renting it...

Still, I really want that promo disc. Metroid Prime is far and away my favorite game on the GC, and I would love to have anything associated with it.

And also, you could always just get the Nintendo Power subscription. It's not a bad magazine if you know what you're getting into...

dark10x

Ristamar said:
Dark, if you need a PIN or two, I can get some to you tonight...

Really? That would rock (and you rock too)! :D Just PM me...

And also, you could always just get the Nintendo Power subscription. It's not a bad magazine if you know what you're getting into...

Well, I'll only be in the US for another 6-7 months...so I wouldn't even get to take advantage of the whole sub.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Kobun listed the 5 games I have registered, though I wasn't at all impressed by MK:DD either and sold it less than a week after purchase, but that still left FF:CC, Zelda GBA, and Mario Vs. Donkey to make up for it.

Ristamar

dark10x said:
Really? That would rock (and you rock too)! :D Just PM me...

No problem. Look for it late tonight, since I'm heading out for my birthday after I get off work. I'll send them once I get back home.

aoi tsuki

The list is a bit incomplete. Even owning a GBA, i doubt i'd buy Four Swords (great game, sucky ending) or Crystal Chronicles, which are really dependant on the GBA. And Wario Ware for GC but not GBA is kinda weak. And no F-Zero? Wasn't it released around the same time as 1080 (which i have)? And then when i think about how much trouble i went through to get pins for a freaking demo, it sickens me all over again.

The list started with Mario Kart in November iirc, F-Zero came out in September.

I'm probably going to run out and get Zero Mission and Advance Tour so I get five.

I'm also bummed that there's no option or reward for owning multiple GBA/SPs. I've got four of the fucking things, come on!

I don't see why TTS isn't on it.

Doogdogg

Damn, I need one more PIN. ALready registered FFCC, MKDD, Four Swords and Metroid Fusion.

Ristamar, think you can hook me up with one more qualifying PIN? :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hmm, strange. I received two emails saying the demo has been shipped...wonder if I'll get two copies

cvxfreak

ge-man said:
I got the email. I almost missed it though--for some reason my hotmail account sent the mail to the junk folder.

Same thing happened to me! But at least I got it! :D

Dyne

I thought we weren't getting the confirmations for another four days. This is a welcomed surprise!

I hope it gets here earlier than the Zelda disc did. That took three weeks. Stupid Canada.

Huzzah, I would like to add myself into the cheers and rejoicing. Just checked my email and saw it there. Pretty cool, I hope I actually get it, been wor dof kids stealing mail from our apartment's set of mail boxes.. soo, I'll just have to be on my toes.

I hope Nintendo does another promo disc like this for Donkey Kong Jungle Beat or possibly Geist. I think it's a better way to get consumer interest rather than just doing what they've been doing.

Memles

I found my e-mail in the junk mail section too...I also discovered that Camp Hyrule started today.

I then realized I, as a Canadian citizen, am inelligible to win one of the Five DS systems.

I then got incredibly pissed.

Top Bottom