• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

The Crimson Blur said:
You are trying to argue Horford's last two shots weren't buttfuck retarded? Really dude?

That shit was indefensible.
No, of course they were dumb shots. I'm disputing his statement that we have the personnel to play big.

Hilariously, playing outside the paint was the reason we won Game 1. Anyways, I think we'll be able to run at home. Joe will have a game where he shoots lights out, and Hedo doesn't seem interested in forcing the issue.
tmdorsey said:
On that last shot, the shot clock was down to like 3. That entire offensive series was bad.
Years of Woodson's ISOs have ruined the psyche of this team.

And we're all dumber than a sack of hammers in halfcourt.

Gigglepoo

Who's the best former King? Peja, Turkey, or Bibby?

Personally, I'll take C-Webb. I liked his play-by-play.

masud said:
Again, stern better suspend those Boston bench players. That rule screwed us out of a playoff series...

What happened

Tom Penny

From a unbiased perspective view unlike myself. What pictures of Glen Fatty ass piece of shit Davis have of Doc Rivers that he plays all those minutes and is utterly useless. It's like I'm seeing the Spurs run Bonner out there for a ton of minutes.

Sanjuro

Pristine_Condition said:
Garnett got a loose ball, called a time out. Boston Bench came out to chest bump. All legal. It was a time out.
I'm starting to think most of these guys are just joking or really don't watch much of the games. It's getting kind of annoying at this point to be honest.

Most Ages have their "yahoos" and whatnot, that's fine. When it is 100% there is just no room for actual posting and gets old fast.

masud

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Who's the best former King? Peja, Turkey, or Bibby?

Personally, I'll take C-Webb. I liked his play-by-play.

What happened
3 guys ran off the bench when kg called timeout (Oneil, West and someone else). There wasn't a fight but it looked like it was getting testy. They definitely ran out for "support" though.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Are you being serious?
Fuck yes, in the 90's half our team got suspended for taking one step on the court in that Heat series.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Then why are you taking the points I'm making and using them, then saying I don't know what I'm talking about immediately after? You still haven't answered this question.
Are you being serious?
I am honestly asking you that and still haven't received an answer. You defend what you call "points" first.

giri said:
I don't think you understand the rule...
Yeah masud. Since there was no fight they can't be suspended, they SHOULD have been called for a Delay Of Game but it wasn't an issue. Celts hadn't been called for one all game.

tmdorsey

Talon- said:
No, of course they were dumb shots. I'm disputing his statement that we have the personnel to play big.

Hilariously, playing outside the paint was the reason we won Game 1. Anyways, I think we'll be able to run at home. Joe will have a game where he shoots lights out, and Hedo doesn't seem interested in forcing the issue.

Years of Woodson's ISOs have ruined the psyche of this team.

And we're all dumber than a sack of hammers in halfcourt.
I was hoping that game 1 would helped repair their pysche alittle. Hopefully we are able to get it done at home. This game might had turned out differently if Horford didn't have to sit out damn near all the first half and did Howard actually play all 48 mins tonight?

Duki

Banned
players jumped up before the ref signaled time out

clearly jumped up because they thought an altercation was happening

make it happen stern

also can you suspend jeffries even though there was no actual fight

giri

masud said:
What don't i understand about it?
For it to go to a automatic suspension situation, there has to be an actual altercation. It's not just entering the court. There was no fight/altercation, so they won't get suspended.

masud

Banned
Again
So if you can get suspended for taking one step on the court during an altercation shouldn't you get suspended for running all the way into the crowd because you think there’s an altercation?

Pepeole were being held back, it was definitely heated. Those guys ran on the court with the same intentions that the rule was created to prevent. So if one of the Knicks players started throwing punches would they have been suspended then?

Duki said:
players jumped up before the ref signaled time out

clearly jumped up because they thought an altercation was happening

make it happen stern

also can you suspend jeffries even though there was no actual fight
See, now this is how you articulate a great point. And the final sentence is the capper!

national-high-five-day.jpg

masud said:
Again

People were being held back, it was definitely heated. Those guys ran on the court with the same intentions that the rule was created to prevent. So if one of the Knicks players started throwing punches would they have been suspended then?
If Knicks threw punches and refs got involved yes, they would.

Sanjuro

The Frankman said:
I am honestly asking you that and still haven't received an answer. You defend what you call "points" first.
I'm not sure what you are asking, you are too busy trying to be a jerk. I've been serious with you most of the time. Again, I never used to have any sort of problem with you...but you just go out of your way to annoy me for whatever reason you seem fit.

As far as the bench thing goes, the ref had already called time out for the Celtics. The problem and the part noted by the announcers was Doc being upset about them rushing out not having seen the time granted himself.

giri

masud said:
Again

Pepeole were being held back, it was definitely heated. Those guys ran on the court with the same intentions that the rule was created to prevent. So if one of the Knicks players started throwing punches would they have been suspended then?
No, they didn't. Stop trying to create drama where there isn't any. I'm sure this will go into the "everyone hates the knicks" basket, but you're just looking for something that isn't there.

dream

masud said:
Again

What?

They ran on the court to celebrate.

masud said:
Again

I'm gonna guess they would suspend the Nicks player who was stupid enough to throw down just because some guys were coming off the bench to congratulate a teammate.

Duki

Banned
The Frankman said:
See, now this is how you articulate a great point. And the final sentence is the capper!

national-high-five-day.jpg

If Knicks threw punches and refs got involved yes, they would.
so wait if jeffries had just swung at kg, gotten kg to retaliate, the entire bench and kg would be suspended AS WELL as jeffries?

not doing this is less clutch than botching that gimmie layup

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm not sure what you are asking, you are too busy trying to be a jerk. I've been serious with you most of the time. Again, I never used to have any sort of problem with you...but you just go out of your way to annoy me for whatever reason you seem fit.

You're not being very genuine Sanjuro :/

Tom Penny

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm starting to think most of these guys are just joking or really don't watch much of the games. It's getting kind of annoying at this point to be honest.

Most Ages have their "yahoos" and whatnot, that's fine. When it is 100% there is just no room for actual posting and gets old fast.

Dude. Your one of the few Celtics fans. Why was that piece of shitty Baby getting all those minutes? I literally almost broke things. He was a layup line or foul waiting to happen with no offense and meh rebouding the whole game. He literally was why they blew a 10 point lead in the first in like 2 minutes. Then shockingly he was inserted with an 11 point lead with 2 minutes left in the 3rd and the Knicks came right back. What am I missing?

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

Honest Question GAF. More Likely to Troll, me or Sanjuro?

Seriously, stop.

Sanjuro

The Crimson Blur said:
You're not being very genuine Sanjuro :/
During the game I make pot-shots with the rest of the crowd, but if you ask me I'll be honest with you. Crimson, this nonsense has been going on for too long through too many threads. I'm pretty much at the limit to nonsense I can really take.

Tom Penny said:
Dude. Your one of the few Celtics fans. Why was that piece of shitty Baby getting all those minutes? I literally almost broke things. He was a layup line or foul waiting to happen with no offense and meh rebouding the whole game. He literally was why they blew a 10 point lead in the first in like 2 minutes. Then shockingly he was inserted with an 11 point lead with 2 minutes left in the 3rd and the Knicks came right back. What am I missing?
Jermaine racked up a ton of fouls fast. Kristic isn't healthy. He is pretty much the only other available guy suited up.

The Frankman said:

Honest Question GAF. More Likely to Troll, me or Sanjuro?

Seriously, stop.
You are more interested in what other people think than actually addressing anything I ask you. You purposely keep calling me that and I've asked you to stop. You are just avoiding any sort of discussion with me outside of here because you enjoy making a mess of a thread / trying to seem like you are embarrassing me.

giri

SVG is going to ruin dwight if he keeps making him play 45min+ a game. By the time the second round happens he's going to need a rest.

Duki said:
so wait if jeffries had just swung at kg, gotten kg to retaliate, the entire bench and kg would be suspended AS WELL as jeffries?

not doing this is less clutch than botching that gimmie layup
I'm sure not all at once, but again the key:
dream said:
What?

They ran on the court to celebrate.
No fight even remotely occurred.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@johnschuhmann: Amar'e's back spasms forcing him to stand in front of the podium instead of sitting.

Duki

Banned
giri said:
SVG is going to ruin dwight if he keeps making him play 45min+ a game. By the time the second round happens he's going to need a rest.
i reckon dwight wouldnt have wanted to sit

whats the point of being the most physically and athletically gifted athlete in the nba if youre not going to use this to its maximum

edit: which i realise is a question everyone should be asking dwight himself during the regular season but the mans trying when it matters i guess

TNT crew did a good job of completely ignoring the BS offensive foul called to give the ball back to the Blazers there. I actually had to find out what happened via the ESPN gamecast.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
During the game I make pot-shots with the rest of the crowd, but if you ask me I'll be honest with you. Crimson, this nonsense has been going on for too long through too many threads. I'm pretty much at the limit to nonsense I can really take.

What exactly are you talking about? The triple Ls? Yeah, they've gotten pretty bad. We are now bigger than we've ever been so we have the most lurkers/LLLs we've ever had. I think I've done my part to direct conversation, but I don't think I am getting enough help from everyone else.

The Crimson Blur said:
What exactly are you talking about? The triple Ls? Yeah, they've gotten pretty bad. We are now bigger than we've ever been so we have the most lurkers/LLLs we've ever had. I think I've done my part to direct conversation, but I don't think I am getting enough help from everyone else.
Hey I'm trying to help myself. The vets have to set an example or you get Wizman23's and TripleU's shitting up the thread. Starts at the top, I've called out every teams' GAF out on that. That's why Blackace and Stumpokapow started coming down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom