• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

The Crimson Blur said:
What exactly are you talking about? The triple Ls? Yeah, they've gotten pretty bad. We are now bigger than we've ever been so we have the most lurkers/LLLs we've ever had. I think I've done my part to direct conversation, but I don't think I am getting enough help from everyone else.
Yeah, pretty much. This thread and the NFL at times is pretty much just drivel. You sometimes get a whole page without anything relevant.

giri

Branduil said:
I can't believe they're playing Matthews again after he hit his head like that.
Its the blazers, they know nothing about injury management. I'm fairly sure their medical staff is the cookie monster.

TheFatOne

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Yeah, pretty much. This thread and the NFL at times is pretty much just drivel. You sometimes get a whole page without anything relevant.

To be fair there isn't much to talk about in the NFL thread because of the lockout situation.

incoming "refs are biased!" even though matthews hit dirks elbow.

after watching nba gaf post the past few days, i'm convinced that there is no such thing as a foul in this league

Sanjuro

TheFatOne said:
To be fair there isn't much to talk about in the NFL thread because of the lockout situation.
Well that's a given. It's just lousy when there really aren't any decent Knicks posters for a series like this. It's always cool to have some people on the other end in these threads.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
incoming "refs are biased!" even though matthews hit dirks elbow.

after watching nba gaf post the past few days, i'm convinced that there is no such thing as a foul in this league
There is just Stern and wired transfers apparently.

This DAL/POR game is really good.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

For sure. We are so, so big this year that cleaning up the thread is a bigger chore than its ever been. But I don't think thats reason for us to give up.

The Frankman said:
Hey I'm trying to help myself. The vets have to set an example or you get Wizman23's and TripleU's shitting up the thread. Starts at the top, I've called out every teams' GAF out on that. That's why Blackace and Stump started coming down.

Frank, you know I love your post game, and I have had a healthy relationship with Knicks-age throughout the years. But all I am saying is to just call out some of these scrub posters every once in a while.

You saw what I did to Baby Bulls age last night (and then Jeff came in with the finishing blow)? I just wish other people helped me with stuff like that so I wouldn't have to do so much.

Just came back from watching the Knicks/Celtics game at my friend's house and while I am obviously bummed about the loss I can honestly say that I was extremely proud of the effort from my team based on the situation. I just hope that Stat and Chauncey can recover from their injuries within the next couple of days because that Garden crowd is going to be absolutely insane on Friday night.

thekad

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Well that's a given. It's just lousy when there really aren't any decent Knicks posters for a series like this. It's always cool to have some people on the other end in these threads.

soundscream, captmcblack, masud (though his last comment was crazy)?

Tom Penny

Zep said:
No way Amare is ready by Friday.

Like it matters. Doc is playing Fatty Davis just to troll Knick fans and piss of Celtic fans. I'd arguably play Troy Murphy or Sasha Pavlovic over that bum the 1st 2 games.

reilo said:
There was no contact on the replay.

what?? you didn't watch the replay then. rewind your DVR if you have it, clear contact on his elbow and it wasn't even close. from a certain angle you can't see it, but on the replay angle it was clear

Brinbe

Dallas crowd, oh man.
KuGsj.gif

Sanjuro

thekad said:
soundscream, captmcblack, masud (though his last comment was crazy)?
I haven't seen soundscream.

captmcblack has reverted to SternBall nonsense, although strangely he is pretty tolerable and normal in the MLB thread.

DCX just doesn't post much anymore.

masud...his last post...I just don't even.

Branduil said:
There's no way Haywood is going to make these free throws.

I was about to post the same thing.

I don't know why teams just don't hack a haywood when hes on the court. I guess because they want to keep him on the floor and don't want Rick to sub him out lol.

This is a nice game, stunned Peja is alive. Please refs don't interfere.
The Crimson Blur said:
Frank, you know I love your post game, and I have had a healthy relationship with Knicks-age throughout the years. But all I am saying is to just call out some of these scrub posters every once in a while.

You saw what I did to Baby Bulls age last night (and then Jeff came in with the finishing blow)? I just wish other people helped me with stuff like that so I wouldn't have to do so much.
I hate to call out stuff unless it gets so bad I have to. Most of the time I get stupid replies like "lol you're a Knicks fan" like it effing matters. If the higher-ups and alot of vets condone it what can really be done? Each Sports-GAF is different in that regard...

post game? I leave the work in the paint to DCX. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom