• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

RobbieNick

Älg;170613182 said:
What I wanted to say was that we live in a world where most of the responsibility is on the consumer. Wrong. You buy the products that you think are good, and it's up to you to do your own research. If the prodyct you bought doesn't work to a degree that satisfies you then that's your own fault. How? They lied to us and showed us false PC footage from the beginning and then had the nerve to jack up the minimum specs mere HOURS before launch! Maybe you should have done more research, or, in the worst case scenario, you get a refund.I bought mine with a code from a third party. Where's my refund? Only digital products bought from Steam get refunds.

That's what I'm getting at. You bought a broken product; that's your own fault. It's not if the seller lied about the product not being broken!! If this bothers you you don't call the manufacturer and force them to fix it, and you ceratainly don't ask them to give you a bunch of free stuff as "compensation". Instead, you call them and ask for a refund. Get a refund. What country do you live in where this is an okay form of business?

There's probabaly a lot I'm missing here, but this is where I'm currently at.

You're still forgetting the part where many people bought their codes from a third party source and cannot get a refund. Also, they flat-out lied to us and you tell us it's our fault?!! I cannot begin to understand your train of logic here.

jediyoshi

You're still forgetting the part where many people bought their codes from a third party source and cannot get a refund. Also, they flat-out lied to us and you tell us it's our fault?!! I cannot begin to understand your train of logic here.

What are the third party distributors that didn't offer refunds?

Älg

How? They lied to us and showed us false PC footage from the beginning and then had the nerve to jack up the minimum specs mere HOURS before launch!

None of what they've shown is unattainable,and they didn't actually jack up the specs, they just added an AMD spec.

I bought mine with a code from a third party. Where's my refund? Only digital products bought from Steam get refunds.

Well, maybe you shouldn't have bought it from there. It's probably not a secret that they don't offer refunds.

It's not if the seller lied about the product not being broken!!

The game clearly works for some, maybe even for most. There will always be circumstances that the manufacturer can't account for.

MaLDo

Älg;170657069 said:
How? They lied to us and showed us false PC footage from the beginning and then had the nerve to jack up the minimum specs mere HOURS before launch!

None of what they've shown is unattainable,and they didn't actually jack up the specs, they just added an AMD spec.

I bought mine with a code from a third party. Where's my refund? Only digital products bought from Steam get refunds.

Well, maybe you shouldn't have bought it from there. It's probably not a secret that they don't offer refunds.

The game clearly works for some, maybe even for most. There will always be circumstances that the manufacturer can't account for.

image.php

So.

I know we're PC master race and all..

But in desperation, I knocked the res down to 720P.

Performance literally DOUBLED.

I'm getting 50FPS in the fucking BATMOBILE.

ktroopa

does anyone know how to fix the game from minising everytime i start it? it starts to load and then just before the physx logos and stuff comes up it minimises to desktop, i have to alt-tab to go back to full screen. very fucking annoying.

i assume its a game bug, before i had the crash on exit but that is fixed now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Those of you that asked for a refund at GMG, did you receive it yet?

I was told that it would be refunded to my paypal account within 24 hours and that was 5 days ago. :\

Are you sure PayPal didn't place a "temporary hold" on the refund?

Skyzard

Banned
980ti does this maxed out at 1440p 30fps np so far (driven the batmobile, smoke on).

I changed physx to cpu and it's working at 4k (locked) - ahh that turns off a few effects though.

Setsuna

Seems like this games performance has been degenerating as time goes on

At launch it was pretty much fine got through 23 hours of gameplay with 1 crash
The patch happened and introduced a metric ton of stuttering on both the highest and lowest graphics settings
Today I wake up and the game has crashed 7 times in the last hour

Seems like this games performance has been degenerating as time goes on

At launch it was pretty much fine got through 23 hours of gameplay with 1 crash
The patch happened and introduced a metric ton of stuttering on both the highest and lowest graphics settings
Today I wake up and the game has crashed 7 times in the last hour

Yup - same here. Went from no problems at all to suddenly crashes and frame drops regularly. No change in hardware or software.

Going to try to be vague but towards the end of the game there is a huge change in the look of the city (spoiler for what I'm talking about)
Ivy's petals
and that change has taken my framerate from a steady 30 to anywhere from 15-25 FPS, and most of the time within indoor locations as well. Anyone else had similar issues or is this on my end?

Or is this the performance over time issue people were talking about? 20 hours of playtime on my part.

Zakalwe

Banned
Going to try to be vague but towards the end of the game there is a huge change in the look of the city (spoiler for what I'm talking about)
Ivy's petals
and that change has taken my framerate from a steady 30 to anywhere from 15-25 FPS, and most of the time within indoor locations as well. Anyone else had similar issues or is this on my end?

Or is this the performance over time issue people were talking about? 20 hours of playtime on my part.

I made me drop frames too.

Don't worry, it's temporary.

Restarted my computer and performance is much closer to a locked 30 so I guess it was mostly on my end. Do get a few extra drops here and there though.

Jedi2016

those motherfuckers

BpyqWzq.jpg
That doesn't even make sense... even the console versions are running higher than that, who the fuck thought that PC gamers would ever run any game like that? Sure, you turn the settings down low enough, even a laptop can muscle its way to decent performance, but that's not what PC gaming is.

Evo X

Turned off smoke and debris and playing with framerate unlocked without many issues at 4K.

Played for 14 hours now. Not a single crash. Rare stuttering and occasional low res texture are the only problems, but I don't mind because the game is so much fun.

Noticing between 7-8GB of VRAM usage during gameplay.

Specs are:

2500k@4.7Ghz
8GB Ram
Installed on 256GB SSD
1400Mhz OC Titan X
Windows 8.1 Pro
ROG Swift 144hz GSYNC monitor

Turned off smoke and debris and playing with framerate unlocked without many issues at 4K.

Played for 14 hours now. Not a single crash. Rare stuttering and occasional low res texture are the only problems, but I don't mind because the game is so much fun.

Noticing between 7-8GB of VRAM usage during gameplay.

Specs are:

2500k@4.7Ghz
8GB Ram
Installed on 256GB SSD
1400Mhz OC Titan X
Windows 8.1 Pro
ROG Swift 144hz GSYNC monitor
Are textures loading for you? They do not load for me... like... ever.

Evo X

Most load high res versions right away. Sometimes when I fly to a new area quickly, it takes about 10-15 seconds for them to load in. Biggest culprits I've noticed are Riddler's doors where Catwoman is being held, and her suit. Don't think I ever had one that never loaded.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I had the same thing when I set the FPS lock to 60 and turned on half-rate adaptive Vsync in the control panel (980 GTX Ti) while running at 4k using Geforce Experience.. Textures just wouldn't load, so I turned the framerate settings back to default 30fps lock with regular Vsync.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm playing on a REALLY modest system (FX6300, 260x 2GB, 8GB RAM) with everything set to low/off and at 900p, and I would consider the game to be playable. That said, I can run other games way better than this (GTAV, Witcher 3), and if I had a machine like some of you lot, I wouldn't be okay with 1080p/30, that's for sure.
I have a worse videocard (7770) and the game works somewhat at 720, the only real issues are when gliding far distances the game stutters, and the batmobile sections are cinematic experiences regardless of the settings.

I am reading topic about compensation for bad Arkham Knight PC port on WB forums and can't believe what i am reading. People think that giving away Season Pass to PC owners is too much. Some of them think that skin packs would be enough.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...the-season-pass-for-free-for-this/td-p/576229
lolololol what the fuck?
How can people defend this bullshit?

Älg;170545826 said:
WB doesn't owe it to us to fix the game. They will, because that's probably what's best for them, but they don't have to compensate us in any way, and thinking that they do is just naive.
Uh, yes they do, they sold a product that barely works (if at all) and does not fit with what was shown prior to release.

Sources: Warner Bros. Knew That Arkham Knight PC Was A Mess For Months

http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-br..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
GG WB, next time I'll wait until your games hit the magical $5 mark.

Älg;170613182 said:
Maybe my post was a bit rash; there's obviously a lot of nuace to this. First of all I just want to say that any claim if false advertisment obviously isn't true, unless I've missed something. Nothing of what they've shown is unattainable. Sure, it might take $6000 to do so, but that's totally irrelevant.

What I wanted to say was that we live in a world where most of the responsibility is on the consumer. You buy the products that you think are good, and it's up to you to do your own research. If the prodyct you bought doesn't work to a degree that satisfies you then that's your own fault. Maybe you should have done more research, or, in the worst case scenario, you get a refund.

That's what I'm getting at. You bought a broken product; that's your own fault. If this bothers you you don't call the manufacturer and force them to fix it, and you ceratainly don't ask them to give you a bunch of free stuff as "compensation". Instead, you call them and ask for a refund. Get a refund.

There's probabaly a lot I'm missing here, but this is where I'm currently at.
They released a GameWorks video, which showed the game with all bells and whistles running at 1080p60 constant, and *that* is unattainable regardless of configuration (yes, not even SLI'd Titan X because dual card configs don't work with the game). Let's not forget that game was released without AO or rain effects.
Also no idea how "research" applies in this case, since that all of was known *after* release given that WB did not give access to the PC version to the press, so it's not our fault that we bought a broken product because there was NO WAY to know before release.
And if I buy a broken product, you know DAMN well I'm forcing the manufacturer to fix it because it's their fucking responsibility. Only if they CAN'T in a reasonable timeframe I'm getting a refund.

Älg;170657069 said:

Again, what was shown of the PC version before release is unattainable, let's not forget the missing effects, the constant stuttering and crashes for the majority of people.
Also digital refunds are a really new thing, Steam started offering refunds exactly one month ago, so stop with the bullshit please.

AU Tiger

Happy to say my 980ti runs it at a relatively smooth 60fps @ 1440p with everything maxed out.

Got the core up to around 1500mhz and RAM at 3830

There is some hitching here and there but it's not hard stutters but more of a slight dip in the frame rate down into the 40's and usually once I've flown somewhere new. I am guessing it's the texture streaming thing that WB claim they are working on fixing.

As for VRAM usage, I think Afterburner is bugged because it was saying it was using into the trillions or something like that worth of megabytes :/

Haha wow. Removing the 30 fps cap will actually mess with physics calculations in the game. And it will prevent you from getting at least one Riddler trophy:

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...ed-Outside-Riddler-Mansion/m-p/582799#U582799

I fear that fixing this could take a while.

On another note, there was some activity in steamdb yesterday, and not much since then:

https://steamdb.info/app/208650/history/

I don't actually understand what those entries mean, but the words "qa" and new build numbers made me think that they could be testing a new patch or something?

KingV

The WB defense force is baffling to me. And there is also a defense force for every bad gaming decision.

I just wonder who are these people. In my opinion it's like the same attitude that blames Trayvon Martin for wearing a hoodie and getting himself shot Or blames consumers for buying cars with faulty airbags.

It's so foreign and weird to me that I literally can't understand it.

WB at the very least should make this right by fixing the game ASAP and fully. I'm not sure why anyone would disagree.

vg260

I don't think they technically owe us anything other than a properly working game in a reasonable time frame or an avenue for a refund or reasonable equivalent compensation if bought outside Steam. That includes other retail channels or via Nivida's promotion considering it was essentially delivered non-functioning and advertised under misleading pretenses. That is logistically complicated, but they need to set some kind of process up for these customers with no recourse.

As far as additional content, they don't owe us a season pass or more skins, but some sort of good-will gesture certainly seems like a wise thing to do in their situation. I don't think demanding a season pass on top of a Steam refund is a reasonable demand though. Maybe not unreasonable as a comparable compensation if you had no refund option available.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I doubt WB is going to offer any compensation. They've already said to get a refund if you're unhappy.

How long did it take after AC Unity for Ubisoft to offer the apology and free stuff?

vg260

I doubt WB is going to offer any compensation. They've already said to get a refund if you're unhappy.

I'm actually not expecting anything either. Sucks they're using the Steam refunds to kinda let themselves off the hook in that regard, especially since not everyone bought it there directly.

I really feel like Nvidia needs to have a sit-down with WB about how to handle those customers. They really did them a disservice with their promotion.

pahamrick

The hell… Are you locking to 30 in the INI file as well? I used to get issues only when I set the MaxFPS to anything 60 or above...

When running off a HDD I still get issues with textures not showing up even when locking to 30 in the INI. Texture streaming is all kinds of messed up.

viveks86

Oh... that may be why. I guess I will mess with the ini and report back.

30fps though :(

You should be able to pull off 4K though. And given how variable the framerate is otherwise, I'd say it's worth it, assuming you want to play until there is a fix. From my experience with the game so far, locked 30 with the game's motion blur on Titan X is way smoother than 30 fps on any PC game I've played recently. Still not 60, of course, but it's the next best thing at the moment, unfortunately.

When running off a HDD I still get issues with textures not showing up even when locking to 30 in the INI. Texture streaming is all kinds of messed up.

Yeah seems like a cocktail of issues that cause it. Unlocked framerate, HDD streaming, memory leak etc. If any of those hit a a ceiling in your configuration, you end up with problems.

Just played an hour after installing another stick of ram, it's perfectly stutter free now, even in the batmobile...what a shit port.

You should be able to pull off 4K though. And given how variable the framerate is otherwise, I'd say it's worth it, assuming you want to play until there is a fix. From my experience with the game so far, locked 30 with the game's motion blur on Titan X is way smoother than 30 fps on any PC game I've played recently. Still not 60, of course, but it's the next best thing at the moment, unfortunately.

Yeah seems like a cocktail of issues that cause it. Unlocked framerate, HDD streaming, memory leak etc. If any of those hit a a ceiling in your configuration, you end up with problems.

Just tried out bringing back 30 to the .ini.

That stops the texture loading problem.

pahamrick

Yeah. I'm done messing with the game. I started getting random crashes again even with all Gameworks stuff off and all overclocks disabled, so I backlogged it until it gets fixed.

AU Tiger

How long did it take after AC Unity for Ubisoft to offer the apology and free stuff?

Well, we have to consider the fact that steam/GMG refunds didn't exist for AC:U either. People demanding their money back (and getting it) makes an impact on WB's bottom line and they know they have to actually pay attention to a paid customer now because they can quickly become a got paid back customer.

Not so with AC:U. Those who were foolish enough to preorder or day 1 AC:U were just shit outta luck and Ubi had their money.

pahamrick

If WB doesn't offer any consolation it would officially put them under Ubisoft and EA as far as customer service. Ubisoft offered compensation for AC:U, and EA offered compensation for SimCity.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the refund thing is a big deal, don't be surprised if WB doesn't compensate people who bought it before it got yanked and didn't refund. They yanked it so quickly, and people can refund, so I wouldn't expect anything. As mentioned above, Unity was a very different situation. It's actually really instructive and maybe a long-term net good for the industry that Arkham Knight came out as broken as it did now, right after Steam refunds. I think/hope publishers will think twice before putting out more broken-ass PC ports. This is just what the PC ecosystem needed.

It's actually really instructive and maybe a long-term net good for the industry that Arkham Knight came out as broken as it did now, right after Steam refunds. I think/hope publishers will think twice before putting out more broken-ass PC ports. This is just what the PC ecosystem needed.

The game we needed, but now the one we deserved right now.

Or whatever

Top Bottom