• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

roytheone

No problem on my end.

I have the rain problem too, so it is defiantly not a problem on our end but of the game. That makes this port so incredibly bad and weird, two people with exactly the same hardware can get two completely different experiences, it's baffling.

holygeesus

Banned
What are the odds that this patch will drop a couple of days before Metal Gear V comes out, and nobody will give a damn any more, if they still do?

So any new mention of PC patch yet? Last I heard that talked about something happening in August.

Probably end of August for what's being called an interim patch.

In the meantime, check out this screengrab

208650_2015-08-18_000ojo6u.jpg

Unfuckingbelieveable. 11 more days until this "interim" patch drops. If this shit doesn't fucking work by then I will buy MGSV and play that.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145592751466193037

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC community,

The teams have been working hard to address the issues with the PC version of the game. We are happy to confirm that we are now putting the first interim patch into testing. If all goes well, we expect to issue the patch in the next few weeks. We’ll be sure to report back in the next two weeks on how the testing is coming along.

Below are some of the major fixes and improvements you can expect in the upcoming patch:

• Reduced frame rate hitches
• Optimized system memory and VRAM usage
• Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
o Min Spec AMD GPU is once again the Radeon HD 7870 2GB

• More Robust In-Game Settings, including:
o Added the ability to change settings for Max FPS to 30/60/90
o Added toggles for Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, and Film Grain
o Added a “High” Texture Resolution value
o Added Texture Filtering option
o Added an Adaptive V-Sync option (NVIDIA only)
o Added VRAM Usage Meter
o Added Mouse Sensitivity Slider & Mouse Smoothing Option

• Fixed low resolution texture bugs
• Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)

While our first priority is fixing the issues listed above, the team is continuing to work on the following:

• Skipping the boot up splash screens
• DLC/Season Pass content
• Additional updates such as Photo Mode

We again thank you for your continued patience as we work on these issues. As always, we are continuing to monitor and listen for any additional issues.

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

The teams have been working hard to address the issues with the PC version of the game. We are happy to confirm that we are now putting the first interim patch into testing. If all goes well, we expect to issue the patch in the next few weeks. We’ll be sure to report back in the next two weeks on how the testing is coming along.

Below are some of the major fixes and improvements you can expect in the upcoming patch:

o Added VRAM Usage Meter

While our first priority is fixing the issues listed above, the team is continuing to work on the following:

We again thank you for your continued patience as we work on these issues. As always, we are continuing to monitor and listen for any additional issues.

All of this in the interim... Nice.

etta

my hard graphic balls

o Added VRAM Usage Meter

This looks great, if true. Now time to find me a $15 Steam pamphlet.

Well at least they've finally said something again.

Considering there's only 10/11 days left in this month that "few weeks" means this isn't going to be making it in August.

Is GMG still accepting season pass refunds? On top of this mess they've revealed absolutely nothing worth a total of $40 or even the $24 I spent on it. I should probably do more than just asking them on Twitter.

So the patch isn't coming in August, then? One disappointment after another with this game.

They're going to report back in two weeks about how the TESTING IS COMING ALONG. So maybe not even September.

Buburibon

So there is a high res texture option after all. Whoops, played it all on normal :|

I am skeptical that they're including a new set of textures that are actually superior to the current "normal" setting. In my opinion they're just renaming things while fixing texture-loading bugs, but I'd love to be proven wrong. :p

scitek

I PM'ed that guy on the WB forums about getting to test the patch. I wonder if it'll work. Probably have to agree to an NDA, if so lol

jett

D-Member
For some reason I'm setting my expectations really low. Reduced framerate hitching? Naw bruh, that shit should be eliminated.

If the patch fixes all those things then what is left to be fixed?

Any trust we used to have in WB. But that's probably unfixable.

Good to hear a news update but it's going to take way more than just fixing the game for me to ever consider buying any of their games at launch window or even before GOTY steam sale status.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Fucked up once again WB. Come September I'll be engrossed in Phantom Pain

"Improved" and "Reduced" is not specific enough for me considering how garbage this game runs. That and the fuzzy time frame shit again is just laughable.

"Improved" and "Reduced" is not specific enough for me considering how garbage this game runs. That and the fuzzy time frame shit again is just laughable.

so the patch is really hitting in september or later. wow. this came out in JUNE.

So the patch isn't coming in August, then? One disappointment after another with this game.

They're going to report back in two weeks about how the TESTING IS COMING ALONG. So maybe not even September.

...a few weeks
Here we go again...
sf1I2zH.gif

Layell

posting spoilers in latest trailers

hyping DLC we won't get for months now

giving non-responses for over a month

tumblr_lhsh8hJhcx1qc021b.gif

This could have been my favorite trilogy of games, but after this it's not happening. WB will never see a cent from me.

Xyber

Looking forward to see how well it improves, but that won't be for quite some time. MGSV will eat up all my gaming time.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Well... That makes it useless for trying to run Lightboosted? Can they seriously not go the extra step and provide a 120 and 144hz option? That seems like such an absurd limit

Fucked up once again WB. Come September I'll be engrossed in Phantom Pain

They don't care if you play it. They care if you buy it.

Maximo

Meh screw it, it's been put further and further down my list and now its down to the cheapest I can get it off the summer sales. Too many good games to keep caring.

Spaghetti

honestly, as someone who gave up and slogged through the game the best i could, there's a lot more wrong with this game than just the performance issues.

Sajjaja

honestly, as someone who gave up and slogged through the game the best i could, there's a lot more wrong with this game than just the performance issues.

eh, but atleast people like you and I who sucked it up don't have to worry about playing it again lol.

Probably something we can tweak ini wise but we'll see.

Yeah, we'll see. It's something that should be able to be tweaked, just like 980ti and Titan users should've been able to run this game respectably at the very least. Let's not speak too soon with this.

Shame, because it should've been a much better experience than it was. The game is the best Batman simulator, but a lot of cool moments were just marred considerably by the hitching. At least taking screenshots is feasible

Yeah, we'll see. It's something that should be able to be tweaked, just like 980ti and Titan users should've been able to run this game respectably at the very least. Let's not speak too soon with this.

Shame, because it should've been a much better experience than it was. The game is the best Batman simulator, but a lot of cool moments were just marred considerably by the hitching. At least taking screenshots is feasible

Right we know it "should" have been amazing at launch but I'm just saying if they've tested the game and got it to work correctly at 60 and 90hz it seems unlikely that it wouldn't be able to run at 120/144. Implies frame rate independence from game logic. Usually games offer 30/60/unlimited as the framecap options, idk why they wouldn't just offer unlimited here too but hell, if all it takes is an ini tweak I'll be happy with that.

Opinions vary. Still like a 9/10 game for me ignoring technical issues.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Right we know it "should" have been amazing at launch but I'm just saying if they've tested the game and got it to work correctly at 60 and 90hz it seems unlikely that it wouldn't be able to run at 120/144. Implies frame rate independence from game logic. Usually games offer 30/60/unlimited as the framecap options, idk why they wouldn't just offer unlimited here too but hell, if all it takes is an ini tweak I'll be happy with that.

The way they offer those options makes me think the framerate needs to be a multiple of 30, since that was the framerate on consoles I believe.

That will be sort of a bummer for the 144hz crowd.

Well... That makes it useless for trying to run Lightboosted? Can they seriously not go the extra step and provide a 120 and 144hz option? That seems like such an absurd limit

So when people turn it off through ini files and even high end cards cant maintain that fps, WB can just say its not supported.

Before they pulled this game off the market they said even the 30 fps cap shouldn't be messed with.

Salsa

o Added VRAM Usage Meter

on the one side; waiting even more

on the other side; wasnt even expecting a film grain toggle and that makes me happy for real

made it this far already, so, bleh.

Top Bottom