• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 56-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 51 16.4%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 121 38.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 99 31.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
John Candy Reaction GIF

HrOu82x.png

4 and a half stars is quite literally not a Perfect Score.

Zathalus

If only it was just the screenrant review that was done by an agenda driven moron.
Then just ignore meta reviews entirely, you have no idea what any reviewer might secretly think about a game if it’s not specifically mentioned in the review itself. Maybe some of them are rating the game higher because they secretly want to fight against the terrible woke agenda, or maybe one rated it a point lower because it’s not available on Xbox. Any review that doesn’t meet your arbitrary cutoff for a review score can be dismissed, be the score too high or too low for your tastes.

Reactions: GHG

tommib

Which one of you did this?

What the fuck is going on.

Anyway, I thought the IGN video review was pretty good and I’m now on the fence to get it actually. Just need to know if this is running ok on PS5:

I haven’t seen an extensive good IGN video review for some time.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Don’t play dumb. You know what I mean. If Wukong was exclusive, it would’ve gotten the same score.

ok.

I mean to be fair you could apply the same criticisms to Armored core 6. The levels were barebones and it was just a matter of getting to the boss to beat it. Not much else to do.

Another game I have yet to rent.

Bernardougf

No, I’m stating that claiming this game would Goty material without reviews complaining about diversity doesn’t make sense, as only one review complained about that. Changing the score of a single review won’t significantly impact the meta score it has.
You honestly think that only the very very few reviews that will say specific woke things are reviewing it with bias ? ...

adamsapple

Not a huge fan of boss rush games honestly and I do wish there was more to do in the actual levels but honestly the game\boss fights are really fun.

Yeah, I know the game's got good critical reception and fan feedback, but it sounds like the kind of thing I'll play once and then put down for years, if not forever, so it makes very little sense for me to buy it at full retail. Others may feel differently, and that's ok.

Zathalus

You honestly think that only the very very few reviews that will say specific woke things are reviewing it with bias ? ...
What the point of speculating? You can use any sort of logic to justify whatever review score you want for any game if that’s the case. You’d be no more right then those who seriously believe in the Xbox tax.

Sentenza

I just checked the review thread on the purple forum and OF COURSE there are the usual suspects worrying why the "long history of misogyny" isn't mentioned in more reviews.
At some point some people should really stop to think about how they are turning in their own caricature.

Last edited:

CosmicComet

If you change the Screenrant review from a 6/10 to a 9/10 the overall meta score for the game barely moves. None of the other 7 or lower rated reviews even bring up diversity or anything like that.
Oh not all of them may be bold enough to bring up the talking points, but you just know the deductions are already pre baked in.

I just checked the review thread on the purple forum and OF COURSE there are the usual suspects worrying why the "long history of misogyny" isn't mentioned in more reviews.
At some point some people should really stop to think about how they are turning in their own caricature.
Could you give an example of "misogyny" displayed in this game?

Ozriel

M$FT
Read through the Techradar review and they don't take any of that 'sexist controversy' into consideration. GHG GHG I guess she just put that one line so nobody else from her circle accuses her of neglecting the issue.

That said, I do have issues with the review. It was done on a ROG Ally, running at medium-low settings. I'm not sure it's best to review a game like this on a 7 inch display at those settings, and this may have contributed to some of her issues with the bosses. Why can't Techradar buy a gaming laptop for reviewers?

Stuart360

I really hope the game is ok on PS5.
I think the PS5 version will be fine to be honest. I know its a worry when they only send out PC review codes but they obviously want to show the game in its best light.

The benchmark ran at High settings, very high textures, at 1080p/60 for my 1080ti, and i know the PS5 version is 1440p but with extra console optimization i'm sure the PS5 could do 1440p/60 with a mix of medium and high settings.

Little Mac

Gold Member
I think the PS5 version will be fine to be honest. I know its a worry when they only send out PC review codes but they obviously want to show the game in its best light.

Hope so. I want to preorder before the 20th but I’m not going to until I get impressions on ps5 performance.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
IGN video review sounds like the score could have been higher if the game didn’t have technical problems. Will definitely get on a sale and hopefully performance is better then.

God bless japan and its big breast fetishism...
I have seen a couple episodes of that one . It is literally just bbw fetishism. Have you seen those webtoons with a racist elf and a grubby human? That's the mcs whole personality but she also likes fries.

Her name is Elfuda. "It's an elf". She has a belly and big tits. Her rival is a dark elf with a big butt. Plenty of full nudity not including genitals.

Shine on Japan you crazy diamond

I strongly advise against console preorder bro, if game has issues on high end pc's u can bet ur ass it will run far from flawlessly on consoles :p

The game seems right up alley, I don't have a high end PC for now and I really want to play this. It's so discomforting for not having proper answers.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I strongly advise against console preorder bro, if game has issues on high end pc's u can bet ur ass it will run far from flawlessly on consoles :p

It's more than likely the PS5 Version will be a mess, but current PC issues are due to Unreal Engine 5 and Denuvo

Last edited:
Top Bottom