• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 1 |OT| Offseason's over. Back to #TALKINBOUTTHENOLES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm perfectly happy to have given Utah State false hopes before crushing them under harsh reality
a fitting punishment for sending Gary Andersen to Madison.

here is my CFB bet this week:

Texas to defeat Maryland
UNC to defeat Cal
Michigan to defeat Florida
Notre Dame to defeat Temple
Georgia to defeat App State
Louisville -24.5pts to defeat Purdue
Alabama to defeat FSU
Nebraska to defeat Arkansas St
UCLA to defeat TA&M
Virginia Tech to defeat WVU

$40 @ 16.5:1

Andrea Adelson
ESPN Staff Writer
Lane Kiffin's debut at FAU ends after nearly six hours and three lightning delays ... in a 42-19 loss to Navy. Game ends at 1:47 am ET.

The game was frustrating, way too long, and most people just wanted it to end.
A prophetic start to the Lane Kiffin era at FAU!

I think Oregon State is gonna battle Cal for worst team in the Pac-12 this year.

The Beavers have finished 11th in the Pac-12 for 3 straight years in the composite recruiting rankings. Colorado finished 12th two of the last 3 years, so they might be the only team with less on paper talent in the conference, but their coaching staff has obviously shown a bit more ability.

Andrea Adelson
ESPN Staff Writer
Lane Kiffin's debut at FAU ends after nearly six hours and three lightning delays ... in a 42-19 loss to Navy. Game ends at 1:47 am ET.

The game was frustrating, way too long, and most people just wanted it to end.
A prophetic start to the Lane Kiffin era at FAU!

DIsc28CUIAElrbK.jpg

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I think Oregon State is gonna battle Cal for worst team in the Pac-12 this year.

The Beavers have finished 11th in the Pac-12 for 3 straight years in the composite recruiting rankings. Colorado finished 12th two of the last 3 years, so they might be the only team with less on paper talent in the conference, but their coaching staff has obviously shown a bit more ability.

Makes a man appreciate the Mike Riley era that much more.

here is my CFB bet this week:
Louisville -24.5pts to defeat Purdue

speaking as a lifetime Cardinal fan, I wouldn't come anywhere near putting money on that game, not saying Purdue is great, but I will say their new coach Jeff Brohm is a former Louisville quarterback and Petrino assistant coach, QB coach but with a lot of OC roles. He turned down an offer to be Alabama's OC under Saban. He was the OC under Petrino at Western Kentucky before Petrino returned to Louisville. On top of that Brohm has proven to be a hell of a coach at every spot, especially after taking over the head coaching spot at Western. Then we have the fact the Brohm family themselves are royalty in our program, with only the likes of Johnny Unitas and Howard carrying the same name recognition.

If we get out to an early 21 point lead, I see us going conservative to finish the first half and putting Puma aka Jawon Pass, in for the 2nd half and still playing fairly conservative. If there is 1 program I can say I dont see us trying to stack 50 pts on, its this team. Even with that, its entirely possibly we cover the 24.5, but again I wouldn't want to put cash on it

BigAT

I had to take photographic proof that Rutgers did have a lead. And in the second quarter!

WWoM9iT.jpg

What a time to be alive.

Slo

After recent events, Minninois has halted acquisition talks with Rutgers and has instead decided to offer entry-level fanhood positions to prominent Rutgers-GAF members on a case-by-case basis.

Sirpopopopopop, please submit resume and cover letter.

BigAT

After recent events, Minninois has halted acquisition talks with Rutgers and has instead decided to offer entry-level fanhood positions to prominent Rutgers-GAF members on a case-by-case basis.

Sirpopopopopop, please submit resume and cover letter.

My resume is just a picture of my 50-50 Gophers/Scarlet Knights Philip Nelson jersey, in the style of Brady Quinn's sister.

puke.jpg

Slo

My resume is just a picture of my 50-50 Gophers/Scarlet Knights Philip Nelson jersey, in the style of Brady Quinn's sister.

puke.jpg

If you join now, Sirpop will report directly to you. If you hesitate and join later, you'll report to Sirpop.

What's it gonna be?

Gary Andersen is repeating all the mistakes he made at Wisconsin, but this time he doesn't have Dave Aranda's defense to bail him out and he inherited far less talent. I shudder to think what those offenses would've looked like if he didn't have Melvin Gordon to lean on.

AntoneM

Arizona and ASU will have a say in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom