• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 1 |OT| Offseason's over. Back to #TALKINBOUTTHENOLES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevtones

Damn. Browning's going to be feeling that one for a minute. Don't see too many hits on the QB like that these days.

Seriously. He's coming off an injury too.

Oh and btw I saw your response the other day about Eugene. I bet we crossed paths back then once or twice. I worked at the Game Crazy during College and all that. I'm in Los Angeles these days but I'll be in Eugene for a game in October. Can't wait!

Kevtones

Just their fans.

I realize this Rutgers lead won't last, but I was shocked when I turned on the game just now.

Yeah, I think UW probably scores a couple TDs this quarter. Probably crushes their souls in Q3. Rutgers needs to get a couple turnovers and start throwing the ball down field to have a chance.

Draxal

Oooph, got to throw that ball away.

Just their fans.

I realize this Rutgers lead won't last, but I was shocked when I turned on the game just now.

You have to realize these are college kids flying 3 hours into an EST time zone from a PST, coast to coast travel is really rough for collegiate athletes.

We don't have the depth to really compete past the half, but I wasn't surprised that Washington didn't look sharp.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
WatchESPN feels so foreign to me, the quality is so nice and it's not randomly distorted to the limits of recognition. It also lost multistream, which is extremely disappointing.

Kevtones

Nice punt/coverage.

Rutgers D playing big so far. Impressed by their lineman's lateral movement, particularly on that screen call. It was a good call from UW and they had it setup but the lineman slid off blocks perfectly.

Oooph, got to throw that ball away.

You have to realize these are college kids flying 3 hours into an EST time zone from a PST, coast to coast travel is really rough for collegiate athletes.

We don't have the depth to really compete past the half, but I wasn't surprised that Washington didn't look sharp.

Eh so their bodies thinks it's 5PM big whoop.

Now if this was a 12 noon game on a Saturday I can see it being more of a factor.

impirius

vkAIuY1.jpg

Is this something they decided to do in Small College Football games? Inverted Exposure Fields

To be fair, they do play in Pleasantville, MI

Draxal

Knew specials would kill us, our grad transfer punter is great.

But the team is so top heavy, we just don't have the depth for special teams.

I remember when I ran track in 7th grade and my race was the 800. I typically finished near the back, never better than 5th or 6th on what I think was our 8 man team (but don't quote me on that, it's been a while). The 8th graders were the best, and there was one who was the best of them all, who won every single race.

One day, I set out to give it my all, to go 110% (the extra 10% is possible in sports, as we know), and try to finish near the front. At the 500 meter mark, I'm right behind the best on the team. Heading down the back stretch over the next 100 meters, everyone notices, my teammates, my coaches, and they're shouting all kinds of encouragement, and I feel it, and I go even harder.

That's where Rutgers is right now.

Scarlet Knights, this is your day.

I totally gave out over the last 200 meters. I was toast.

Star of the game so far is the Washington Punter and their Coverage Team.

Forcing 2 drives to start from inside the 1 is a HUUUUGE thing for Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom