• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
cEDkdSj.jpg

PsychBat!

Banned
it upscales the image even if you have a 1080.

its one of those do you care about better graphically output or saving 100 bucks with less space.
Well, as we saw on the stream there's a major difference between the two displays. It'll look gorgeous, but not entirely from what I understand.

I think we can agree that many people who are informed will probably hold off on preorders for the Pro, at least until 4k Bluray is supported. In the meantime, that Xbox One S has 4k Bluray support I hear. A fine machine for a strapping young lad like yourself, theflow. Only $299!
Wait until the Scorpio.

Now on to waiting for what Nintendo has in store for the NX.

Hmm. Finished extraordinary xmen vol. 1. Definitely the dodgiest book out of the recent haul that I've read so far. There were some nice moments in there, I liked the stuff with Logan and Jean throughout, it was a good subplot running through the arc, giving both characters a reason to even there through each other. Iceman really bugged me by the end though. I love Jeff Lemire but jeez. Iceman is quipy but some of that was cringe and not in a good way.

Overall though the volume really didn't leave much of any impression on me at all, no moments I'm racing to reread or anything. In end the stuff that was hinted at was more interesting than what was on the actual pages, and that's not a good way to write a book.

The Walking Dead today gave me flashes of All Out War. I'm already not liking it and want it to be over with. The action is so boring and takes up too many pages from the interesting character stuff.

Amazing Spidey- Not a good showing for the Prowler.

TheFlow

Banned
Well, as we saw on the stream there's a major difference between the two displays. It'll look gorgeous, but not entirely from what I understand.

I think we can agree that many people who are informed will probably hold off on preorders for the Pro, at least until 4k Bluray is supported. In the meantime, that Xbox One S has 4k Bluray support I hear. A fine machine for a strapping young lad like yourself, theflow. Only $299!
Wait until the Scorpio.

Now on to waiting for what Nintendo has in store for the NX.
true.

honestly all jokes aside a regular 4k blu-ray player is so pricey it would actually be a better value to buy a xbox slim.

I am just going to wait till next e3 before I decide on another console.

Hmm. Finished extraordinary xmen vol. 1. Definitely the dodgiest book out of the recent haul that I've read so far. There were some nice moments in there, I liked the stuff with Logan and Jean throughout, it was a good subplot running through the arc, giving both characters a reason to even there through each other. Iceman really bugged me by the end though. I love Jeff Lemire but jeez. Iceman is quipy but some of that was cringe and not in a good way.

Overall though the volume really didn't leave much of any impression on me at all, no moments I'm racing to reread or anything. In end the stuff that was hinted at was more interesting than what was on the actual pages, and that's not a good way to write a book.

yah it ain't grate breh

ElNarez

Banned
that cartoon-of-a-cartoon quitely riff is possibly the greatest drawing of our young generation

the little bumps on the jacket are such a perfect way to ape the quitely style, I said god damn

in other news: Batman #6 in the context of Batman #5 was my favorite thing of the week so far, I love when comics use the format like that

yah it ain't grate breh

Pretty much a) I knew what I was getting into and heard of some peeeps that it gets better later on and b) I hedged my bets on Lemire. I figured if the plot was lacking Lemire had the potential to write good character stuff in, but his work for hire stuff is up and down and I guess it's the law of averages. If logan and Moon Knight are so good, this is the weak book.

Hey, it happens. It was pretty much the only gamble of out the stuff I picked up last week.

ElNarez

Banned
What do you mean by this, specifically

I like that it uses the fact it's one story told over time in separate piecemeal installments.

For instance, at the end of Batman #5,
there's that whole narration about Gotham Girl marrying Duke and killing Batman.

At no point it's brought up, or even hinted at, in Batman #6. which, on its own, is a really sweet, and at times even quite touching story.

Knowing and remembering the end of Batman #5, and having that in mind when reading it, however, changes the mood of that whole issue in a really cool way.

Another example of this is the Gillen/McKelvie Young Avengers teaser from the very first Marvel Point One special, which came out before the end of the Gillen Journey Into Mystery run, and which read a whole lot more messed up once that came out.

Vainglory engine + HotS streamlining, polish & branding would rival LoL in popularity.

Not really. HOTS' streamlining is why it will never be a top game. The XP system means a good player can't carry a team. If there's no benefit to getting better, there's no desire to keep playing.

Nothing that isn't on PC could ever rival League in popularity, since League's biggest playerbase is in Korean PC bangs where an external company runs the game for Riot and monetizes it in a different way. Overwatch has been the only thing to even challenge in popularity for almost half a decade now.

Vainglory is a niche product for a niche audience. Not something that will ever be close to a League or even a Dota 2.

I like that it uses the fact it's one story told over time in separate piecemeal installments.

For instance, at the end of Batman #5,
there's that whole narration about Gotham Girl marrying Duke and killing Batman.

At no point it's brought up, or even hinted at, in Batman #6. which, on its own, is a really sweet, and at times even quite touching story.

Knowing and remembering the end of Batman #5, and having that in mind when reading it, however, changes the mood of that whole issue in a really cool way.

Another example of this is the Gillen/McKelvie Young Avengers teaser from the very first Marvel Point One special, which came out before the end of the Gillen Journey Into Mystery run, and which read a whole lot more messed up once that came out.

o shit
amazing

Top Bottom