• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord bombs on Steam with less than 1k players on launch day

Elginer

Dq3cTFp.png

Even in the discord the butt hurt mods want the game to be an echo chamber. People posting feedback on how to save the game is being taken as hate or trolling. The delusional shit I’ve read in that discord today is insane.
That's not going to help them somewhat save the game. I'll admit I love the gameplay it's damn fun but the character design except for a few characters is dog shit. I see they're trying to do something with a story with the map and such but it's just not implemented well. Could this game find an audience? Maybe, stranger things have happened but it needs massive amounts of new content and some that is pure coop or PvE.

This is actually hilarious

beginning with their incredibly successful infiltration/takeover of the gay community (which i think still can't quite believe what hit them), these 'folx' have always been at their best when sneaking up & springing themselves at you from out of nowhere. if they give advanced warning? there's hardly anyone there left to 'enlighten'. which's why sweet baby never saw the upside to the steam group (free promotion), & only the downside (warning!). but, despite knowing this, their egos & their sense of superiority demand that they speak out anyway, & they eventually just end up blowing their cover & giving the whole thing away, anyhow (&, in this case, it'll likely be in more ways than one)...

BbMajor7th

That's unusual that they play the same. Generally at the extremes you get the big, slower characters that are harder hitting and the smaller, less powerful characters that can dodge and move quickly.
Larger characters move slower for sure. Going from It-Z to Emari or Bazz to Star Child is very noticeable. They also have fewer traversal abilities like dodging or double jumping. It's actually more pronounced than in most similar games, to the extent that characters like Bazz and It-Z feel crazy OP in a lot of scenarios. Star Child and Emari both pack heavy weapons, but with their slow speed your chance to get a bead on one of the faster characters is pretty small.

The intention, I think, is that heavy tank characters are supposed to hold ground (Emari can through down a shield; 1-OFF can hoover up incoming fire and return it), but in something like TDM that doesn't ever really come together because the game doesn't do enough to incentivise team play.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Larger characters move slower for sure. Going from It-Z to Emari or Bazz to Star Child is very noticeable. They also have fewer traversal abilities like dodging or double jumping. It's actually more pronounced than in most similar games, to the extent that characters like Bazz and It-Z feel crazy OP in a lot of scenarios. Star Child and Emari both pack heavy weapons, but with their slow speed your chance to get a bead on one of the faster characters is pretty small.

The intention, I think, is that heavy tank characters are supposed to hold ground (Emari can through down a shield; 1-OFF can hoover up incoming fire and return it), but in something like TDM that doesn't ever really come together because the game doesn't do enough to incentivise team play.

That sounds a lot more typical at least. I haven't played, and honestly don't see myself ever buying it.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
That's not going to help them somewhat save the game. I'll admit I love the gameplay it's damn fun but the character design except for a few characters is dog shit. I see they're trying to do something with a story with the map and such but it's just not implemented well. Could this game find an audience? Maybe, stranger things have happened but it needs massive amounts of new content and some that is pure coop or PvE.
We literally already have the roadmap of how this game is going to play out. Go see what happened with lawbreakers. This is the exact path this game is on.

BlackTron

beginning with their incredibly successful infiltration/takeover of the gay community (which i think still can't quite believe what hit them), these 'folx' have always been at their best when sneaking up & springing themselves at you from out of nowhere. if they give advanced warning? there's hardly anyone there left to 'enlighten'. which's why sweet baby never saw the upside to the steam group (free promotion), & only the downside (warning!). but, despite knowing this, their egos & their sense of superiority demand that they speak out anyway, & they eventually just end up blowing their cover & giving the whole thing away, anyhow (&, in this case, it'll likely be in more ways than one)...

Yeah insightful post. Don't worry, they will continue to strike from their wretched hiding places inside other companies and projects. They need something of value someone else made to drag down in order for it to work.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The more I look at it the worse it gets. Who was this game even made for?!
Their targeted audience is as follows. Feel free to try coming up with an actual number of gamers who fit this description

- Hero shooter fan
- Shooter fan who likes predictable modes with short rounds
- Willing to pay $40
- Enjoys art style that is pastel colour palette
- Wants 2 minutes video vignettes on YT showing story
- Wants a diverse 16 character cast complete with lousy uniforms, cringey dialogue, he/her pronouns, and no white people. Gamer gets extra excitement agreeing with dev's anti-white Twitter remarks
- Wants a segregated online pool of gamers where console and PC gamers are separated even when finding a match is hard due to almost nobody online (yesterday a Twitch guy streaming couldnt even get into a Rivalry mode match because there werent enough gamers to make a 10 person match on day two, so he had to pick a different mode! lol)

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Things could look a lot worse for Sony considering they only acquired them last year.

I have a feeling Haven's game is going to be Sony's BIG flop this gen. Haven basically founded the studio with Sony's money and everything is being done under Sony's wing.

When that thing flops Sony will have paid for the entire development process. That's gonna be something to witness for sure.

The money sunk into making the game would have been built into the purchase price.
Concord is not a Firesprite game

A meteor strike kills Bazz, DaVeers, Daw, Duchess, Emari, Lark, IT-Z, Kyps and they dissapear from the game.

A new ship arrives with white, heterosexual player friendly replacements:
  • Badass blonde white fit chad
  • Badass red haired white jacked mega chad
  • Badass brown haired white super jacked giga chad
  • Badass ninja robot
  • Sexy blonde white woman
  • Sexy red haired white woman with big boobs
  • Sexy brown haired white woman with huge boobs
Take note from the character design from The First Descendant and ZZZ.

Remember that over 90% of the FPS players, over 90% of the tactical shooter players and over 90% of the eSports games players are (cis) men, and statistically most of them heterosexual. Also remember that most FPS are played in Europe and mostly NA. So, looking at the skin color statistics in these regions, most are white (which includes Mediterranean/latin tan whites).

I mean, most FPS players are white heterosexual cis men from NA and EU. So the character design should be mainly focused to appeal them, who mostly are the ones who pay these games. "Diverse" characters are ok as fillers to complete the cast adding visual variety with different colors and body shapes, but if you want to make a character based (hero shooter, fighting, gatcha) game successful you must make several characters very appealing to the demographics of that gaming genre instead of filling woke/DEI representation quota checklists.

Man, you certainly aren’t subtle about this shit.

There are black heroes/agents/legends in Apex Legends, Valorant etc. And it hasn’t hampered popularity one bit.

All that matters is quality.

Raven117

e
The money sunk into making the game would have been built into the purchase price.

Man, you certainly aren’t subtle about this shit.

There are black heroes/agents/legends in Apex Legends, Valorant etc. And it hasn’t hampered popularity one bit.

All that matters is quality.
With respect to quality of characters, all that matters is that they be awesome. That’s it. Black, white, Latino, LGBTQ, whatever, they have to be appealing and awesome.

In this, they are neither appealing or awesome.

All that matters is quality
while true, the current conditions create a weird divide between certain pieces of media/entertainment. so far, there has been a lot of flops (not only in games) that can be categorized in "certain way".

to me the biggest problem is that some (very specific kind of people) creative leads have lost the plot about what good entertainment is.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
while true, the current conditions create a weird divide between certain pieces of media/entertainment. so far, there has been a lot of flops (not only in games) that can be categorized in "certain way".

to me the biggest problem is that some (very specific kind of people) creative leads have lost the plot about what good entertainment is.
And a lot of bosses, execs, investment firms have lost their minds regarding what sells and doesn't.

They are somehow greenlighting this shit.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Twitch update:

c6w6dEb.png

Looks like all the ad money to pay streamers has dried up. 437 viewers. 34 streams. 17 of those streams have no viewers.

There are almost as many people watching Powerwash Simulator or Mario 64 than this on Twitch right now. I guess it's (just barely) beating out TF2.

The Simpsons GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Twitch update:

c6w6dEb.png

Looks like all the ad money to pay streamers has dried up. 437 viewers. 34 streams. 17 of those streams have no viewers.

There are almost as many people watching Powerwash Simulator or Mario 64 than this on Twitch right now. I guess it's (just barely) beating out TF2.

The Simpsons GIF
Tomorrow morning, the gang at Firewalk should boost their spirits highfiving each other with free breakfast and starbucks.

"Ok everyone, lets give three cheers!............. we surpassed Poppy Playtime in Twitch viewers!"

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Tomorrow morning, the gang at Firewalk should boost their spirits highfiving each other with free breakfast and starbucks.

"Ok everyone, lets give three cheers!............. we surpassed Poppy Playtime in Twitch viewers!"
It's also a major accomplishment that they've been able to stay above Truck Simulator's numbers. It's a sad day when people would literally rather watch other people fake-drive an over the road semi truck through a virtual landscape than to watch people play your hero shooter.

laynelane

I have this feeling that this whole Concored negativity is a meme.

I am obviously out of the loop, but beyond it being a bland Overwatch clone with DEI diversity-for-hire requirements, what is the actual negativity on this game?

This isn't a hit, i am just geniunely asking (and out of the loop, mind you.)

The two points you mention are pretty major, to be fair. A game bringing nothing new to the table, but it charges $40 unlike the games it's mimicking. As for DEI, it's so painfully evident that it comes across as tone-deaf in terms of expectations. There are other points, though. I think people are getting tired of the non-stop cycle of GaaS releases. The motivation is recurring revenue and not making great games and it shows. Then there are people who are not onboard with Sony's GasS push and hope this will make them reconsider. There are some other motivations here and there, but those seem to be the major ones. It also doesn't help that a dev who worked on the game chose violence (called critics "talentless freaks").

Finally, pretty much everyone called it that this game would fail. Months ago, even. In a situation like this, it invites mockery of a studio and publisher who thought they knew better than their audience.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I have this feeling that this whole Concored negativity is a meme.

I am obviously out of the loop, but beyond it being a bland Overwatch clone with DEI diversity-for-hire requirements, what is the actual negativity on this game?

This isn't a hit, i am just geniunely asking (and out of the loop, mind you.)
Pretty much that.

The core gameplay is solid, performance is good and visuals/animations are amazing, imo.

It just needs some QoL adjustments and content.
And players.... lol

Considering that Helldivers 2, a 7 month old game is at #33, while Concord, a barely week old game is at #42.

How is that seen as "much, much better" ?
Much much better*

* 10 ranks behind a game that came out in Feb, in its launch week.
clearly the "media" is trying to make damage control, fortunately there not abnoxius endorsed influencers, blaming some kind of tax, or hate from the media.

the comparison with HD2 is even worse because HD2 already sold like crazy.

this game is such a humiliation for the studio and Sony.

the week numbers are going to so juicy.

yurinka

Yes, but they also have the type of characters I mentioned. Like let's say Street Fighter, which has characters for everybody.

Guess who is the most played game in Concord: the one more similar to a (non-gorilla/leper goblin freak) white heterosexual man. Because, guess what, most players of that subgenre happen to be young white heterosexual men, demographics that whoever designed these wokefest character decided to reject on purpose.

Considering that Helldivers 2, a 7 month old game is at #33, while Concord, a barely week old game is at #42.

How is that seen as "much, much better" ?
You can see it as "Concord is almost passing Sony's fastest selling game ever that was released half a year ago"

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Yes, but they also have the type of characters I mentioned. Like let's say Street Fighter, which has characters for everybody.

Guess who is the most played game in Concord: the one more similar to a (non-gorilla/leper goblin freak) white heterosexual man. Because, guess what, most players of that subgenre happen to be young white heterosexual men, demographics that whoever designed these wokefest character decided to reject on purpose.
If this was based on the beta data, the white guy was the only freerunner with a variant that had multiple challenges to unlock it, which is likely the primary reason why it was the most played character.

That top 3 happened to be all three characters with variants during the beta.

It wasn't what you think it was.

Last edited:

peish

Concord woke art style is the final nail. Though having a more conventional art won’t save it. Having it and making f2p(with no psn registration) from the getgo may gave it some mileage

We are having a laugh at sony for overpaying yet again. Herman hulst should be investigated by shareholders.

We are also seeing yet again, DEI hires may not be the most suitable talents for the jobs they paid to do

tommib

Thanks for this. Despite loving Concord crashing and burning and everyone laughing and pointing at it, I hate it when people group the gays who have been hijacked by the communist folx movement. Just look at what they did to the fucking rainbow flag. It’s a design nightmare and now totally meaningless except for virtue signaling.

I absolutely hate what these people have done to old classic gays and lesbians from the 80s and 90s that completely integrated and everyone was cool with. The folx movement keeps backfiring and it’s a fucking shame.

Fuck Concord.

Last edited:

pasterpl

With firewalko costing approx 150-250 M + game development between 50-150M that’s max 400M burned by Sony. They will get back max 1M in sales. This is turning out to be biggest flop in gaming history. Thank god for HellD2 that made some money.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

This is the case in every game - if there is a pre-made character majority of people will play as that one. In World of Warcraft the most popular race ever was always Human Male, and that game had skinny Night Elves chicks.

Bernardougf

Disney still isn't getting it so there is basically no hope left for western gaming industry either.
Maybe... but the rumors coming from Marvel from a well comnected person are that all the woke producers and activists were purged by Feige and the studio is taking an 180 in their new fase tbd starting with the new avengers. Apparently Feige is very aware that they tried a "new direction" and it failed miserable.

It maybe just fud but at least that is hope.

Fabieter

Maybe... but the rumors coming from Marvel from a well comnected person are that all the woke producers and activists were purged by Feige and the studio is taking an 180 in their new fase tbd starting with the new avengers. Apparently Feige is very aware that they tried a "new direction" and it failed miserable.

If true time to buy some disney stocks.

peish

I sure this is fake rumor

Top Bottom