• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord bombs on Steam with less than 1k players on launch day

FunkMiller

Gold Member
There's a really active Steam CCU thread there. If people are creating new ones that could be a reason for the crackdown, since there's already a thread for that. People were making fun of the double digits this morning and have't been banned. I'm all for giving them shit when they deserve it, but as far as discussions there go the CCU thread is surprisingly rational.

A lot of them are trying to blame the low CCU on lack of advertising and not enough people knowing the game exists, but mods don't seem to be banning people for saying the reason is lack of appeal. If anything they banned sensitive people in the first pages of the thread for trying to shout down and dismiss people criticizing the game.

I tried to have a look, but one of the first words I saw there was ‘fatphobic’ and immediately fucking left.

Yes, being fat is bad, you wandering elephant. Having big fat characters in a game is bad. Get Off Era and go get some exercise. Then maybe you won’t defend idiotic character design decisions, meant to appease lazy fuckers like you.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I think it needs more intestines

35VmGX6.jpeg

Got you covered fam.

jubei

Neo Member
I don't think I've seen anyone of any demographic defend these character designs. Surely there was negative feedback, but where did it go? Do we not playtest our $150mil games?

That is a bizarre article, especially with quotes like that:

That is blatantly not true or at least not the case here. Concord failed not because of pronouns, pink hair, etc. (Sorry GAF), it did so because there is nothing it does better than the competitors, where people already invested months and years in. The average score - 5/10 or 6/10 - means exactly what it means: the game is perfectly average, there is no compelling reason for people to switch from whatever they were playing.
That's not even the worst quote. This one is the best / worst one

where multi-billion-dollar institutions like Sony now often struggle to be heard

It is like living embodiment of
leave-the-multibillion-dollar-corporation-alone-v0-l74acc5sczxc1.jpeg

Bernardougf

I've never seen more shills than for this game. The industries push to try and recover this game or literally push the player numbers up is really something and scary.

Does Sony have such a grip on their review codes etc that this is the outcome?
Sony dont have to do shit.. they are defending "the message"

Killjoy-NL

The issue is on the flipside (before the recent mismanagement) you have smash hit successes in the same space with Helldivers 2.

They know the PC market will respond well to the correct motions, they just don't yet understand what those motions are.
It was a tongue in cheek comment.

You're probably right though, PC is a different market from consoles.

peish

As if on cue, here comes the gaming press needing to defend their access journalism to wag a finger at us, rather than Sony & Firewalk’s incompetence

Lol western woke media. What about the efforts to cancel stellar blade and wukong using shaky arguments about anti feminist studios

BlackTron

PC Gamer said the game is fun?? I'm glad to finally have proof from a reliable source that the game deserved success and only failed due to toxic gamers killing its momentum. People who like the game should plaster this news all over social media to help turn it around. If all 93 people start at the same time, maybe they can get somewhere.

FUBARx89

Don't know why people keep saying the gameplay is good. The beta was utter wank even without the character designs being an abomination.

Could shake the feeling it was having an identity crisis and didn't know if it wanted to be an old arena shooter or a hero shooter.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
the game offers various type of skins so if you don't like the default one you can change them

GV8lgNeXkAEVDVL

I simply don't get the look of these characters ... were they made by a colorblind person and the rest of the team were afraid to criticize the designs because of that?

BlackTron

I simply don't get the look of these characters ... were they made by a colorblind person and the rest of the team were afraid to criticize the designs because of that?

The character could be a cardboard box but if it's a gay box with a colorful little rainbow in the corner you can't criticize it.

The funny thing is they could've gone with a retro 80's vibe for this similar to Guardians of the Galaxy and that would be more than okay...those vibes are all over the logo and some art style of the game.

It's like they had 2 different teams with opposite ideas on what this game should be and this happened. I don't get it.

Guilty_AI

The funny thing is they could've gone with a retro 80's vibe for this similar to Guardians of the Galaxy and that would be more than okay...those vibes are all over the logo and some art style of the game.

It's like they had 2 different teams with opposite ideas on what this game should be and this happened. I don't get it.
They were probably going with that but somewhere along the way felt they needed to own the chuds.

Top Bottom