• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord bombs on Steam with less than 1k players on launch day

PCgamer is having a heart attack.

I never saw a site so triggered by the fail of this game like PCgamer. They really defend DEI games to the death.
They just try to be as contrarian as possible to get actually triggered morons to click, link and discuss their articles. That's how they create revenue....
So for Pete's sake, stop giving these people attention. It doesn't matter for them if the attention is good or bad.

Fake

Gold Member
They just try to be as contrarian as possible to get actually triggered morons to click, link and discuss their articles. That's how they create revenue....
So for Pete's sake, stop giving these people attention. It doesn't matter for them if the attention is good or bad.

Wasn't already proved this is not the case?

I mean, look at their Redfall articles.

Chechack

We can do that, I believe in the gaming community!
6PHxSEW.png

Do what?we are literally doing nothing lel 🤷🏻‍♂️

NickFire

That is a bizarre article, especially with quotes like that:

That is blatantly not true or at least not the case here. Concord failed not because of pronouns, pink hair, etc. (Sorry GAF), it did so because there is nothing it does better than the competitors, where people already invested months and years in. The average score - 5/10 or 6/10 - means exactly what it means: the game is perfectly average, there is no compelling reason for people to switch from whatever they were playing.
The agenda is absolutely a contributing failure factor here IMO. Clearly too much focus on pushing an agenda or appeasing fringe beliefs than making a good game. And yes, it contributed to audience rejection too. But if companies want to keep releasing flops they are free to keep ignoring the massive amount of anecdotal evidence that suggests the average guy wants nothing to do with it.

Topher

Gold Member
I've never seen more shills than for this game. The industries push to try and recover this game or literally push the player numbers up is really something and scary.

Does Sony have such a grip on their review codes etc that this is the outcome?

You think Sony forced PC gamer to write that article? lol

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You think Sony forced PC gamer to write that article? lol

No, not at all.

I'm saying with this and the double standards pc gamer have shown compared to this game and redfall.

And the videos from kindafunny trying to push this games engagement...

...I think these publications have an agenda both dei and also maybe some fear that they don't want to upset sony. Or potentially they have staff that are ps fans and the cracks are showing.

StereoVsn

People are having more fun watching this dumpster fire burn, than playing the game.
Schadenfreude, at its best. :messenger_beaming:
It’s like a slow moving train crash. Everyone basically was thinking this is going to crash and burn post reveal. Then came the beta and atrocious numbers. Then we got the reviews, impressions and abysmal concurrent players.

I mean everyone saw this a mile away, but the train conductor (ie Sony) never pulled the brake.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
No, not at all.

I'm saying with this and the double standards pc gamer have shown compared to this game and redfall.

...I think these publications have an agenda both dei and also maybe some fear that they don't want to upset sony. Or potentially they have staff that are ps fans and the cracks are showing.

I think outlets like PC gamer and the Guardian are coming to Concord's defense primarily because they see a battle line being drawn over the game's "wokeness" more so than having anything to do with Sony.

NickFire

No, not at all.

I understand everything you are saying except the last sentence. Are you of the belief that PS fans want this game to succeed? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If so I can’t agree there. I have seen one fella who tried justifying a preorder to himself a bunch of times. Beyond that I think most PS fans hope Sony learned a lesson here.

Killjoy-NL

If so I can’t agree there. I have seen one fella who tried justifying a preorder to himself a bunch of times. Beyond that I think most PS fans hope Sony learned a lesson here.
That one fella might have been me, but I pre-ordered to try the beta, as I was under the assumption you needed to do that to gain access at the time:
For €40 I'll bite for the pre-order, just to try out the beta.

NickFire

That one fella might have been me, but I pre-ordered to try the beta, as I was under the assumption you needed to do that to gain access at the time:
Yup. It was you. And I’ve felt bad for you ever since the closed beta was opened to all PS players. But not too bad. We all waste 40 sometimes. Many of us on a regular basis I bet.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I understand everything you are saying except the last sentence. Are you of the belief that PS fans want this game to succeed? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I have absolutely no idea why people like kinda funny and other "influencers" are trying to push this game.

My only logical conclusion was that they are want to clearly show sony they are defending the game in the hope that it unlocks more preferential treatment in the future.

Which would be pretty terrifying.

Killjoy-NL

Yup. It was you. And I’ve felt bad for you ever since the closed beta was opened to all PS players. But not too bad. We all waste 40 sometimes. Many of us on a regular basis I bet.
No need to feel bad. It's just a game. I never even had any expectations for the game. Lol

And they do deserve all the shit for going Woke, so...

Last edited:

NickFire

I have absolutely no idea why people like kinda funny and other "influencers" are trying to push this game.

My only logical conclusion was that they are want to clearly show sony they are defending the game in the hope that it unlocks more preferential treatment in the future.

I could see an outlet trying to preserve access for sure. I just can’t see anyone cheerleading here because they prefer PS.

Topher

Gold Member

Who on Kinda Funny is pushing this game? Greg Miller?

StereoVsn

That and might have gotten promotional $$$ from Sony.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
The game's development supposedly started 8 years ago, Firewalk was formed in 2018 and Sony didn't enter into a partnership deal until 2021 and acquired Firewalk in 2023.

The game was already 3-4 years in development before they even got involved, so Sony knew.
That makes it seem worse that Sony knew what this was and still backed it.

Esppiral

I may be the only one that never liked the game because it is online only? I actually liked the cinematic trailer and was hoping for a single player campaign, anyway I allways celebrate online only games bombing this is not exception

Kotaro

def not true, unless they're counting buying the studio on top of that lol

buying the studio should be counted as part of the loss, this game is the reason Sony bought the studio, which makes it worse, because now Sony has to continue paying salary for 170+ employees, that's on-going cost.....unless of course they lay them off soon

I don't think I've seen anyone of any demographic defend these character designs. Surely there was negative feedback, but where did it go? Do we not playtest our $150mil games?
It’s a classic case of emperor’s new clothes. Everybody thought it, but nobody dared to question it out loud. So everyone assumed they were the only ones thinking it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
buying the studio should be counted as part of the loss, this game is the reason Sony bought the studio, which makes it worse, because now Sony has to continue paying salary for 170+ employees, that's on-going cost.....unless of course they lay them off soon
It totally should since the value of the company is no doubt worse than it was in 2023.

It’s like buying a house. If there’s nothing wrong with it or the market trends up, you’re good.

If you buy the house and suddenly you find out it’s junk and you got got played buying high, the market value of the house after it’s exposed to be trash is now much less….. unless you can find a sucker to take it off your hands at a good price.

But in the meantime you take the hit and your asset value drops.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
PCgamer is having a heart attack.

I never saw a site so triggered by the fail of this game like PCgamer. They really defend DEI games to the death.
They should get to real reviews and scores like the 90s magazines.

For those of you who never read their old game mags (I think their first mag was 1994 Transport Tycoon cover my bro bought but might be wrong)

Back then it was no nonsense. Detailed reviews, solid production values, and games could get scored so laughably low like 10 or 20%, the editors had no problem grilling a lousy game with bugs. Now, just about every game gets a 6/10 or more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom