• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord bombs on Steam with less than 1k players on launch day

Bernardougf

Hopefully this is Sony's Bud Light moment and they will stop supporting all of this DEI garbage in games.
Not going to happen.... insomniac has apparently been overrun by this shit and naughty dog is lost to Cuckman woke ideas.... thats 2 of the 3 more important Sony Studios... Santa Monica must be in the same boat ... I really dont see any way out of this, only if Sony Japan takes full charge of western operations and radically changes things... that would be the only way.

Bernardougf

Good video of Asmongold commenting on that dev video dude.

At the 9:30 minute mark, he hits the exact mark I say when it comes to artsy people in terms of personal bias, ego and ignoring the business side.

Thats exactly right.. this people dont want do to a product that sells anymore.. they want put their reality and feelings into the game and shove down anybody throats.. its really the echo chamber generation...

AAA Video games should not be only an art project imho.. it should be a product that have to sell millions of copys ... Marvel movies are not art they are a product... but have billions of dollars in sales... artsy movies are the ones that nobody sees but wins awards and oscars... Art its divisive because its more open to subjectivity and not made to reach everybody ... making a game should be objective first and made to reach a vast number of players

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Dropped 7 more people (-10%) in 5 minutes.

2HJFmCv.jpeg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Midnight EST. Time for the big drop. Now at 90.

On the plus side propping it up is it's Labour Day long weekend.

When the regular weekdays come next week, this game might drop to under 100 permanently at all times. Today Steamdb shows it maxed out at 125 today, which is the lowest daily high so far. Trending down 20+ gamers a day on an already low CCU.

D1cEcVs.jpeg

Last edited:

AMSCD

IMO Wolverine will be their final coffin.

I mean, Wolverine vs Deadpool is like the movie back from the badass gigachads, but when people that saw the movie go and play Wolverine they will get a huge surprise.

This will open the eyes of the consumers.
What will happen in Wolverine?

hemo memo

Gold Member
Good video of Asmongold commenting on that dev video dude.

At the 9:30 minute mark, he hits the exact mark I say when it comes to artsy people in terms of personal bias, ego and ignoring the business side.

You can easily fix Concord. Even Sony knows but they’ll never do it. Change the characters to more relatable and normal looking instead of the freak show they have currently. Relaunch the game. Done.

Cakeboxer

IMO Wolverine will be their final coffin.
Spider-Man 2 was the wokest piece of crap i ever saw. The game was so woke it should be mentioned unter Wikipedias woke entry. Yet it sold well.
Wolverine has the usual Sony formula critics love and Sony will give it a very huge marketing budget. It will sell well. People here may see the woke BS in games, but causuals not so much.

Bernardougf

Spider-Man 2 was the wokest piece of crap i ever saw. The game was so woke it should be mentioned unter Wikipedias woke entry. Yet it sold well.
Wolverine has the usual Sony formula critics love and Sony will give it a very huge marketing budget. It will sell well. People here may see the woke BS in games, but causuals not so much.
Sell well is different from selling what they want and/or need ... we can only hope that sales deep enough, so they notice something isn’t aligning with their expectations, if the game turns out to have even more shit woke elements than sm2, wich I very much suspect it will.. more than happy to be proven wrong though

Topher

Gold Member

Primarily because with these comic book games the woke content is not front and center. It is relegated to the side content and themes. Create a Spiderman game with an overweight transgender man fighting in full-fledge SJW mode with all that woke content up front and I think you will see a much different result in sales. Of course, that's exactly why this stuff will remain in side content. Stockholders don't care about any of this as long as they get the returns they want. Studios like Insomniac are happy to virtue signal only as long as sales don't suffer. It is one of the greatest hypocrisies of the entertainment industry.

GermanZepp

Primarily because with these comic book games the woke content is not front and center. It is relegated to the side content and themes. Create a Spiderman game with an overweight transgender man fighting in full-fledge SJW mode with all that woke content up front and I think you will see a much different result in sales. Of course, that's exactly why this stuff will remain in side content. Stockholders don't care about any of this as long as they get the returns they want. Studios like Insomniac are happy to virtue signal only as long as sales don't suffer. It is one of the greatest hypocrisies of the entertainment industry.

I think Even Sony removed the LGBT flags to sell the game in middle east, so there is that.

It sold well but did it sell on the original SM1 level? Keep in mind that it cost more to produce SM2 than it was to produce SM1.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I also think that a lot has changed even in the last year. Feels like the normies are finally getting sick of The Message being shoved into everything. They’ve caught on, and they’re starting to vote with their wallets.

Guess we’ll see, but my feeling is that if Wolverine or the next Spiderman game tries to lay it on as thick as they did with Spiderman 2 there’s going to be a pretty large pushback starting with the very first trailer, and it will make a noticeable dent in their sales.

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
You can easily fix Concord. Even Sony knows but they’ll never do it. Change the characters to more relatable and normal looking instead of the freak show they have currently. Relaunch the game. Done.

You're under the assumption that they can easily do this. Has anyone considered the possibility that they are just not talented enough to do that? Maybe this game looks like this because this is the best that this studio can offer when it comes to character designs?

I think gamers need to face some inconvenient facts. The modern day AAA gaming industry just isn't filled with that much talent as it was in the past. The best has been consolidated to a select few studios, and the leftovers make games like Concord and Star Wars Outlaws.

You're under the assumption that they can easily do this. Has anyone considered the possibility that they are just not talented enough to do that? Maybe this game looks like this because this is the best that this studio can offer when it comes to character designs?

I think gamers need to face some inconvenient facts. The modern day AAA gaming industry just isn't filled with that much talent as it was in the past. The best has been consolidated to a select few studios, and the leftovers make games like Concord and Star Wars Outlaws.

Exactly this. In cinema it's the same, people presume that it's only a question of willingness and it's lack of talent what is hurting the industry the most.

Really can't tell if this is serious.

If they can make them ugly on purpose, they can just as easily make them attractive.

Last edited:

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
I’m pretty sure when the new CGI character cinematic trailer releases, the player count will pick tremendously

Oh man. The modern day artist and character designers would beg to differ on the ugly part. Make no mistake, these people see these abominations and think that they are beautiful.
I'm thinking you have no idea how many people are involved in a modern AAA production on the art side, and how few of them are in a position to influence design decisions.

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
I'm thinking you have no idea how many people are involved in a modern AAA production on the art side, and how few of them are in a position to influence design decisions.

So what does an artist do then? Does someone make an outline of a character and they color it in with fucking crayons? Are you trying to tell me that an artist had absolutely no say in anything related to this game? Why hire them? Just use AI then.

hemo memo

Gold Member

I mean they have Sony’s backing and a ridiculous budget and they couldn’t bring talents that can create better than this monstrosity?

8fdd4-17213344033860-1920.jpg

828ba-17213361116958-1920.jpg

0e329-17213340717854-1920.jpg

9b80a-17213358280907-1920.jpg

ae4bb-17213341461689-1920.jpg

d51d2-17213371740254-1920.jpg

3ae21-17213356670324-1920.jpg
ab632-17213353819220-1920.jpg

First one looks like someone’s gut is out. It’s disgusting. What the heck.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I mean they have Sony’s backing and a ridiculous budget and they couldn’t bring talents that can create better than this monstrosity?

these are really really ugly characters, and they dont like unique at all.

What are they thinking? seriously are these charcters designed by intern ?

Cakeboxer

It sold well but did it sell on the original SM1 level? Keep in mind that it cost more to produce SM2 than it was to produce SM1.
Keep in mind that Spider-Man 1 had a larger hardware base with like ~80 million PS4. That's a huge advantage. The only advantage Spder-Man 2 had were the bundles when the PS5 was hard to get.

Resetera admins

Keep in mind that Spider-Man 1 had a larger hardware base with like ~80 million PS4. That's a huge advantage. The only advantage Spder-Man 2 had were the bundles when the PS5 was hard to get.
True. But that makes it worse considering that the game cost more to make.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It sold well because it was Spiderman. If you think Spiderman 2 is the wokest piece of crap you havent seen Disney Star Wars or Marvel Phase 4.

At least Spiderman 2 didn't emasculate Peter Parker, they way Disney did with every male character.

Bruce Banner is She-Hulk being the worst.

Top Bottom