• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

BigLee74

Animated GIF

Deft Beck

Easily the biggest bomb in PS history. They wasted a lot of time and money on this game and they're going to regret it.

Aenima

Sorry to ask, but apart of woke crap in this game, what else was wrong with it, or it flopped only on this?
Seems like a combination of things.

- Woke with pronoums + anti white privilege message on twitter from the devs.
- Ugly ass /boring AF characters in a hero shooter
- 40$ when the competition is Free 2 Play
- Serviçable gameplay that dont bring nothing new to the genre.

Last edited:

finalflame

Seems like a combination of things.

- Woke with pronoums + anti white privilege message on twitter from the devs.
- Ugly ass /borring AF characters in a hero shooter
- 40$ when the competition is Free 2 Play
- Serviçable gameplay that dont bring nothing new to the genre.
Realistically only the bottom 3 actually contributed to the game’s abject failure.

Kurotri

I dunno... they're not hiding from the truth and they are facing it head-on, unlike Redfall but I suppose, that team was shut-down wasn't it? So, we have to at least wait to see if that happens with Firewalk, to call this a bigger blunder.
I guess it depends on how you see it. Concord died after less than 2 weeks of service on consoles, to me that is some next-level shit.

Darsxx82

A big warning for all the studios that develop games of this type that are looking for the goose that lays the golden eggs.

It hurts the Studio and those who have worked for so many years to see their dreams destroyed in this way that I don't remember before. But this is the situation of the video game industry today😑

Quantum253

Gold Member
Sorry to ask, but apart of woke crap in this game, what else was wrong with it, or it flopped only on this?
You can't have a "hero" shooter, in today's competitve market, with boring, horribly designed, and uninspiring character designs. It doesn't work.. The gameplay can be tight and have interesting mechanics, but the highest level of interaction is with the characters.
The goodwill is gone, however. This will be a case study for how to destroy a studio and franchise.

zapper

I was thinking that this was one of the smartest moves of Sony in recent times (shut it down in less than a month) but from what they wrote in the blog they want to relaunch it? like f2p...? I take it all back, they didn't understand anything if that's the case

Last edited:

Three

Guys, that scam The Day Before had a longer lifetime than this.

Jesus.
What do you mean by lifetime? The Day Before shut down the studio one week after release and just ran with the money. The 'lifetime' of the game was just the fact that they continued to scam people by not taking the game down.

With concord they refunded 2 weeks after and stopped further development. It was the right thing to do, especially if they had promised content previously.

Top Bottom