• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord open Beta starts July 18

T0minator

- Very long TTK
- Ugly as fuck art direction
- Auto AIM which would make a paraplegic unbeatable against a PGM
- Bad sound design/no impact or feeling
- Gender in character select because... well you know why
- A dodge which switches the camera to TPS AND we lose control of our character

The TTK looks fine, it doesn't need to be another CoD. You're screwed when getting shot from any angle other than face to face in Cod or those twitch shooters.

This game is more similar to Halo, it's slower and the skill 1v1 moments are what will make this appealing to those that like that PvP (me)

The character designs are ugly, I can't argue that, luckily it's an FPS. The gun designs looks good. The music seems great the sound effects will have to see accompanied with the DualSense and see how impactful the shots are.

Dodging is just as risky as a reload do it when you can, moments of not having control is part of the strategy.

The game won't be as bad as some are saying especially those that haven't even played it yet

Last edited:

Katatonic

I'll appreciatively take a code if anyone has extras.

Edit: Bah, just as I posted. All gone.

Last edited:

Varteras

I'll appreciatively take a code if anyone has extras.

Edit: Bah, just as I posted. All gone.
Life Smash GIF

Varteras

A pre-beta to a beta is stupid.

Nah. They're trying to get people to pre-order now for early access. They know some people can't help themselves. They also know that some people will just forget they pre-ordered for it and even some of them who try it and aren't impressed won't bother to cancel anyways. A friend of mine has done that before. I give him shit for it.

S0ULZB0URNE

Nah. They're trying to get people to pre-order now for early access. They know some people can't help themselves. They also know that some people will just forget they pre-ordered for it and even some of them who try it and aren't impressed won't bother to cancel anyways. A friend of mine has done that before. I give him shit for it.
I disagree, it's also anti-consumer.

T-0800

If someone would like to PM me a code I would appreciate it very much. Would need to be a European one I guess.

DonF

Im curious about this game, if someone PMs me a code It would be greatly appreciated (americas)

Varteras

Charging for a beta is anti-consumer. Charging for earlier beta access is even more anti-consumer.

They charged you for the price of the game. They gave you a benefit for paying that price early. Which is access to a beta before anyone who hasn't already put down their $40 to buy a game. You're really not actually thinking this through. Words have meaning and you're not grasping this one

S0ULZB0URNE

They charged you for the price of the game. They gave you a benefit for paying that price early. Which is access to a beta before anyone who hasn't already put down their $40 to buy a game. You're really not actually thinking this through. Words have meaning and you're not grasping this one
Everything I said still stands.
I'm quite sure that if a poll was setup most would agree with this view.

Varteras

No argument so here comes the insults.

Yikes!

Do you really want me to break it down for you why what you believe is ignorant of reality? I'm not sure you'll care, but if you'd like, I'm willing to do so.

EDIT: Nah. I'm just gonna go ahead and do it.

See, you're not being charged for the beta. There's no extra money involved. You're being charged the same amount as someone who waits and buys the game after release.

That is called a pre-order. Now here's the thing, as it is a pre-order, you can cancel prior to release. For that pre-order, they give you early access to a beta test so you can decide even earlier than the open beta if you like what you played. That's terrible!! If you don't like it you can cancel??

WOW! They gave you the ability to see if you like the game before they actually take your money. SO ANTI-CONSUMER! And! They even give you extra codes to hand to your friends! So they don't even have to put ANY money down to try it with you! And again, if you don't like it you can get your money back!

BUT! If you don't want to be even remotely hassled with that.... then don't pre-order and you and your friends can just try it for free a little later. WHAT?! They're giving you these options for you and your friends to decide if you want to commit money by playing the game before its release date?? HOLY CRAP. That is anti-consumer as fuck!

Last edited:
This game really does expose how ridiculous people are some times. The hate this game gets even before it's playable highlights how disgruntled some people are.
Maybe you would prefer reception Foamstars got.

Completely ignored by the community. Nobody knows it came and went away already.

Varteras

The anti-Woke people start to look as pathetic as the Woke people.

I'm not a fan of it. But at the same time, I'm trying to see things from different perspectives. Like, I can't get upset about them changing existing characters and franchises, yelling that they should just create new characters and franchises if they want that stuff, and then get mad when they do. Like, pick your battles.

T0minator

Varteras committed a FATALITY against soulzbourne
Very valid points and a great reply to those that complain about preorders.

I'd much rather pay $40 with everything else after that being free.

Instead of free to play and then getting milked for every bit of new content resulting in over $40 over time..

Jakk

That doesn't mean it isn't stupid. Fucking greedy cunts.

Varteras

That doesn't mean it isn't stupid. Fucking greedy cunts.

It's a bonus for a pre-order. It costs you nothing extra. It's just an early access to a beta where you could then decide to cancel your pre-order if you don't like it. They even give you four codes to hand to friends for free so they can try it. Don't want to pre-order? You just wait a week and try the open beta to see if you like it a month before it's out. Yeah. So stupid and greedy. Get out of here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom