• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord open Beta starts July 18

Jakk

Tell me you're one of the triggered ones without telling me....

happy the walking dead GIF by FOXtvUK
? I mean yeah, I guess everyone with a half-functioning brain can infer who you were referring to. What I wrote still stands, don't you think it's a bit childish?
EDIT: Guess you're not capable of normal discourse, then. But I kind of get it, a lot of people nowadays will rather shut up and ignore everyting they have an issue with instead of voicing their opinion - and for some reason they also expect others to do the same.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
So you want me to boycott games I want to play over practices that do not bother me because of what this may or may not lead to, maybe?

Sorry I don't stand with you as of yet, if things get to a point I do get bothered I will join forces but this aint it

I am one of the whales who would pay even more money for more perks as long as they are not game breaking if I am being honest

If I am being honest I would pay thousands extra to get a PS5 Pro today

Inglorious Basterds Idk GIF

Stop having fun.

Fun Toronto GIF by No Fun®

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
You are way too invested into how much other people spend on whatever game.

Especially over €40. If it's that much to you, maybe you should find another job or re-evaluate your finances.

Don't project your issues onto me.
As I already told you, I made 4k/month. I build anechoic chamber if you wanna know. So no, money is not the issue. Think again, I explained to you why I think it's stupid so I'm sure you can do it.

Killjoy-NL

As I already told you, I made 4k/month. I build anechoic chamber if you wanna know. So no, money is not the issue. Think again, I explained to you why I think it's stupid so I'm sure you can do it.
And I make barely above minimum wage.

Now, why is it that you get so worked up over €40?

You actually just made yourself sound more petty than I thought you were.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
And I make barely above minimum wage.

Now, why is it that you get so worked up over €40?

You actually just made yourself sound more petty than I thought you were.
I just don't understand someone who says "I don't care about 40e", and since you don't see the problem, we will never agree or even find a middle ground. This discussion could go on and on for hours that you will just go back to the same arguments (just like me, it's not a criticism). I knew what I was getting myself into by responding in this thread, yet it's too much now I just can't stand the bullshit (with people like FalsettoVibe FalsettoVibe ). We can't have a discussion. So enjoy your game (or not, I don't care) and once this fail I will be there to laugh at you.

Now if you excuse me, I have an amazing game to play.

Killjoy-NL

So enjoy your game (or not, I don't care) and once this fail I will be there to laugh at you.
And just like that, you made yourself look even more petty, as at no point have I stated I have full faith in this game or that it will be successfull.

All I ever said about this game, was that gameplay looks pretty solid and that I'd like to play the beta to see how it plays.

I just don't understand someone who says "I don't care about 40e", and since you don't see the problem, we will never agree or even find a middle ground. This discussion could go on and on for hours that you will just go back to the same arguments (just like me, it's not a criticism). I knew what I was getting myself into by responding in this thread, yet it's too much now I just can't stand the bullshit (with people like FalsettoVibe FalsettoVibe ). We can't have a discussion. So enjoy your game (or not, I don't care) and once this fail I will be there to laugh at you.

Now if you excuse me, I have an amazing game to play.

Mariah Carey Diva GIF

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
And just like that, you made yourself look even more petty, as at no point have I stated I have full faith in this game or that it will be successfull.

All I ever said about this game, was that gameplay looks pretty solid and that I'd like to play the beta to see how it plays.
That why I said "OR NOT".

Wow, you are so edgy (for a 14 years old kids, which you are right? Because anything older would be cringe as fuck)

And now I'm truly out

1eMy.gif

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23

This seems pretty specialized to only earn 4k a month.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Say what you will about the character designs, it does look like a better scifi setting than Rebel Moon.

Might grab the pre-order this week and if so I'll post when I have codes.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
This seems pretty specialized to only earn 4k a month.
Is it? It's better than 90% of the salaries where I live so... I'd say it's ok. And there are many advantages, for example I don't pay for my food (or rather everything is reimbursed). I also choose the apartment when I travel and I get some pretty nice ones. And last Christmas the PDG took us a week of skiing, all expenses paid. This is the kind of stuff I do:

BUMgtLE.jpeg

It's super cool honestly.

I know, I know. What can I say, I love to respond to bullshit (also did you just assume my gender? I though you would be the better person especially with how gender is important for Concord since it's in the select screen).

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Is it? It's better than 90% of the salaries where I live so... I'd say it's ok. And there are many advantages, for example I don't pay for my food (or rather everything is reimbursed). I also choose the apartment when I travel and I get some pretty nice ones. And last Christmas the PDG took us a week of skiing, all expenses paid. This is the kind of stuff I do:

BUMgtLE.jpeg

It's super cool honestly.

I know, I know. What can I say, I love to respond to bullshit (also did you just assume my gender? I though you would be the better person especially with how gender is important for Concord since it's in the select screen).

I just thought a specialized skill like that would earn more, that is all. I am glad you have a cool job you enjoy.

Varteras

Gameplay looks good. Just wish the characters were better designed. Can't wait to try it.

Also, I got a couple of codes if anyone wants to give it a try this weekend.

I feel ya on the designs, man. I've been saying for a minute now that only about a third or so of those characters look interesting. To be fair though, in combat I probably won't spend a terrible amount of time worrying if my opponent is a hot French chick with a nice ass or a gorilla with glasses.

Last edited:
I feel ya on the designs, man. I've been saying for a minute now that only about a third or so of those characters look interesting. To be fair though, in combat I probably won't spend a terrible amount of time worrying if my opponent is a hot French chick with a nice ass or a gorilla with glasses.

Hope there is some free content that gives updated outfits or something.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
why does it keep an energy bar on the competing player so you know exactly where they are running. Do other shooters do that? it seems like cheating to me.

Varteras

Hope there is some free content that gives updated outfits or something.

I seem to recall them saying that there would be some unlockable cosmetics but that most would be paid. That's how they're monetizing the game so no surprise there. I want to say it was in an interview with VGC but I'm not sure. I'd hate to be locked into a single look unless I pay more. But that also gives me hope either way that there might be certain character skins that make the base ones dull by comparison

why does it keep an energy bar on the competing player so you know exactly where they are running. Do other shooters do that? it seems like cheating to me.

That seems to only be there briefly to let you know how much health they have after your attack on them. Doesn't seem to last long enough to be a big deal. But I'm sure they'll get feedback in testing if it gets exploited in ways they didn't intend.

Last edited:

Varteras

Can someone please remind me:
If you pre-order a game on PSN, can you ever cancel that pre-order?

Yes but unlike Steam there are stipulations. First, if the pre-download for the game's release started, you can't refund it. You also have 14 days from when you pre-ordered to ask for a refund. I've heard people who managed to get it after that but said it was a hassle. If you haven't pre-ordered yet, considering early access is this week, I'd do it, see if you like it, cancel if you don't. If you already pre-ordered, well, depending on when you'll be cutting it close or might be hassled. But that's just what I've read before of their rules for refunding a digital pre-order.

EDIT: Sorry. This is more accurate. Though it may also depend on where you live to. Sometimes different countries have different laws for this.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yes but unlike Steam there are stipulations. First, if the pre-download for the game's release started, you can't refund it. You also have 14 days from when you pre-ordered to ask for a refund. I've heard people who managed to get it after that but said it was a hassle. If you haven't pre-ordered yet, considering early access is this week, I'd do it, see if you like it, cancel if you don't. If you already pre-ordered, well, depending on when you'll be cutting it close or might be hassled. But that's just what I've read before of their rules for refunding a digital pre-order.

EDIT: Sorry. This is more accurate.

You also have to talk to someone to cancel. There's not a easy cancel button like on other stores.

Varteras

You also have to talk to someone to cancel. There's not a easy cancel button like on other stores.

Yeah that's the kinda shit I find a bit "anti-consumer". They make it a hassle. It should never be. I only ever pre-order when I know for sure I want the game. And only on PSN if it's something I can't get on PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom