• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord | State of Play Reveal Trailer

The game is coming out less than two months before Black Ops 6. It's DOA going up against what is going to be the biggest selling game of 2024.

Yeah you're right. Every multiplayer game in existence fails miserably next to CoD. Especially if it releases within 2 to 3 months of it and is DIRECT competition. And nope, I don't care how different it is. It's doomed.....just like every other multiplayer game that has attempted to come out amidst this Goliath.

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

If Concord fails, it'll fail on it's own merits....not because of freaking Call of Duty.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Are financial wagers allowed on this site?
I doubt it, was more talking about the avatar variety 😁. I stupidly made one with myself two years ago that the Switch version of Nier Automata would run like crap and it actually was a miracle port that managed to run at a higher resolution than the PS4 version at a decent frame rate and I had to change my profile to the Square Enix logo for a year 🤦🏻‍♂️

I doubt it, was more talking about the avatar variety 😁. I stupidly made one with myself two years ago that the Switch version of Nier Automata would run like crap and it actually was a miracle port that managed to run at a higher resolution than the PS4 version at a decent frame rate and I had to change my profile to the Square Enix logo for a year 🤦🏻‍♂️
I honestly think the game will be quite popular. I have a hard time believing Playstation, with Bungie consulting, is putting out a mediocre hero-shooter to die. Especially when they dedicated 12min of their State of Play to showcasing the game. That tells me they are quite confident. Playstation didn't do anything close to that for Helldivers 2. And just like Helldivers 2, I don't see Playstation rushing Concord to market without sitting on a good amount of content

What do you deem a success/failure? CCU/Sales/Critics? I don't really like critics for GAAS games, mostly because launch issues can bring them down, like With HD2. CCU or sales data would work for me. I'd be cool for an avatar change wager. Make a reasonable metric for success and I'll accept

Last edited:

Umbral

I honestly think the game will be quite popular. I have a hard time believing Playstation, with Bungie consulting, is putting out a mediocre hero-shooter to die. Especially when they dedicated 12min of their State of Play to showcasing the game. That tells me they are quite confident. Playstation didn't do anything close to that for Helldivers 2. And just like Helldivers 2, I don't see Playstation rushing Concord to market without sitting on a good amount of content

What do you deem a success/failure? CCU/Sales/Critics? I don't really like critics for GAAS games, mostly because launch issues can bring them down, like With HD2. CCU or sales data would work for me. I'd be cool for an avatar change wager. Make a reasonable metric for success and I'll accept
That Sony didn’t see the appeal of Helldivers 2 and didn’t give it this kind of marketing push should give you pause. Confidence doesn’t mean anything if you have poor taste.

Last edited:
That Sony didn’t see the appeal of Helldivers 2 and didn’t give it this kind of marketing push should be give you pause. Confidence doesn’t mean anything if you have poor taste.
Meh, Playstation greenlit HD2 in 2016 and then doubled Arrowhead's budget in 2019 when they saw the potential. HD2 would never have seen the light of day without Playstation partnering with Arrowhead and building them up from a AA studio to a AAA studio

And the people at Arrowhead were as shocked as anyone how popular HD2 became. They didn't see it coming either. It's impossibly hard to predict whether an original GAAS experience like HD2 will take off with the masses or not. It's a lot easier for Playstation to market Concord because it is an established genre of GAAS with a large player base. And again, Bungie is not only consulting, but many Ex-bungie developers are developing Concord. There is a shitload of GAAS experience for Playstation to lean on here

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

That Sony didn’t see the appeal of Helldivers 2 and didn’t give it this kind of marketing push should give you pause. Confidence doesn’t mean anything if you have poor taste.
Tbf Sony greenlit Returnal and that didn't sell particularly well, same goes for The Order.

So who knows?

Concord could easily bomb. That's why I want to try the beta, as they fucked up the gameplay reveal.

Having said that, Predecessor also doesn't do amazing numbers, but I can find matches rather quickly.
So if I end up likinh Concord and it'll be like Predecessor as far community goes, I'll be good.

If not, I'm sticking with Predecessor (will most likely happen either way).

eNT1TY

Won't lie i was digging the Guardians of the Galaxy vibes of the cinematic then saw the actual gameplay, such a let down. Marathon is gonna be trash too sadly.

Three PvE (single player gamers) explain why a PvP games looks bad.

"It takes something really special, like Helldivers 2, to impress us...I like Darktide as well too because..."

BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT PVP GAMERS! This is the theatre kids explaining why sports are bad.

Exactly, these guys were never going to like it

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Exactly, these guys were never going to like it
One of the interesting things is that there's a ton of genres these people aren't interested in like fighting games, RTS, city builders etc..., but they'll come off much more even handed with those.

"Street Fighter VI looks really good. It's not for me but I think Capcom has done a great job here."

The tone does not get applied to 5v5 hero shooters though. Hmm....

Sushi_Combo

I've seen the tweets which the article centers itself around.

I'd rather avoid this game thanks.
Thats fine, but I just went to the website and literally every article is centered around knocking lgbt people lol.

Either way the game looks terrible.

This explains everything.

Everyone needs to ignore this game.
This does explain everything

But not everyone need to ignore this game. If you are woke and want to play a game that reinforces your world view in which white people, males and cisgender heterosexuals are the root of all problems, you should definitively give this game a try

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
This does explain everything

But not everyone need to ignore this game. If you are woke and want to play a game that reinforces your world view in which white people, males and cisgender heterosexuals are the root of all problems, you should definitively give this game a try

This is going to be the ultimate litmus test of how many people like that there are out there who play games and have the capacity to purchase them.

Warablo

Like some people are saying in the comments of youtube, seemed like a cool single player bounty hunter companion game.

Soodanim

The writing/voice work in the gameplay trailer makes me think the target audience is exclusively 8-12 year olds.

When I first started watching I thought it was a Borderlands clone, and I was okay with that. But another team PvP FPS in a saturated market doesn't seem like the sort of thing that will quite make the splash they want it to.

The stuff brought up ITT is just the icing on the cake that this foregone conclusion of irrelevancy is.

Top Bottom