• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I missed the part where Daria is going to be working alongside #1.

Leave #2 alone, you're just going to end up hurting her because any time #1 shows interest, you'll go running like a lovesick puppy.

You can't cut #1 out of your life. If you could, you would have done so by now. If respect was really that high on your list of things someone should show you, you would have bailed from #1 a long, long time ago.

Denzar

Venting.

Had 2 girls flake on me last week. One girl that randomly started talking to me on Instagram through Instagram Direct. We "hit it off" and I set up a date. She came across as curious and enthousiastic. Asked her if she was still game the day before and she backs out due to her having a rough weekend.

The other was through Tinder. Ask for her number, start chatting on whatsapp and I asked her if she wanted to meet. She ghosted.

In both cases, the Brad Pitt rule was applied.

Didn't know people were that desperate for confirmation. Kinda sucked the will to date out of me again.

Ixion090

Or if you do, say you share the same height as the all-time greats, Mozart and Beethoven, Picasso, and more importantly, Stalin.

Oh I'm so doing this, just for the laughs lol

Thanks everyone, I like the idea of making a joke about it in the bio. Plus, a good tongue-in-cheek joke may get more matches, right?

I will consider the idea of Thai/Filipino girls

Oh I'm so doing this, just for the laughs lol

Thanks everyone, I like the idea of making a joke about it in the bio. Plus, a good tongue-in-cheek joke may get more matches, right?

I will consider the idea of Thai/Filipino girls

The girls I've dated here in Thailand are generally 5' to 5'3"

Venting.

Had 2 girls flake on me last week. One girl that randomly started talking to me on Instagram through Instagram Direct. We "hit it off" and I set up a date. She came across as curious and enthousiastic. Asked her if she was still game the day before and she backs out due to her having a rough weekend.

The other was through Tinder. Ask for her number, start chatting on whatsapp and I asked her if she wanted to meet. She ghosted.

Didn't know people were that desperate for confirmation. Kinda sucked the will to date out of me again.

Only two? I've had the ghosting happen from like a dozen, just makes it easier to know they're not serious and move on. Get back on the horse, they weren't worth your time anyway.

Ralemont

not me
Venting.

Ghosting is unfortunately very common these days. Just remember that you need far far fewer successes than failures to get a lasting relationship. Just gotta keep trying.

One thing that really does confuse me though is the amount of girls who ghost after giving the guy her number. I've had that happen more often than girls ghosting before (which isn't really ghosting I'd say since it's at such an early stage, but still). Numbers used to mean date at a pretty even 1:1 ratio.

Llyranor

Don't forget Napoleon.
Well, I wouldn't use Napoleon as an example (though he is a different height than the poster anyway, apparently), just because of the pervasive myth that he was particularly short even though he may actually be taller than the average Frenchman of the time.

Kumquat

I'm at a real hard place right now.

I've been dating this girl since spring of last year. She is head over heels in love with me but it isn't the same for me. I love her in the sense I care about her very much but the attraction just isn't there for me. She is going through a real difficult time in her life and I don't want to be the bad guy and bail on her while she is going through all of that and I'm being as supportive as possible but now she is talking about moving in together and all that and I just don't want it. It's tough, especially as she helped take care of me after I had major surgery and everything earlier in the year.

I want her in my life but it just isn't working for me romantically. I feel like such a jerk for having these feelings but I can't change them. I know what I should do but the emotions get in the way. Any help would be appreciated that is constructive on how I can approach this.

Never cross the streams and let your EX meet your current girlfriend..

I dunno. However your ex feels about the situation aint really matter. Who the fuck cares what she thinks and or does? That shouldnt stop you from pursuing a good thing.

Meeting her there isn't the problem, that can be avoided. It's the fact that (as she puts it) they're "work pals". I couldn't care less how my ex feels but I can see why it would put the new girl in an awkward situation.

New girl is a big girl. She can make a decision. I don't think you should in any way acknowledge that it is best you dont see her because your ex girl is around. Fuck that. You should pursue her if you are interested and she can be the one to say no "I like being friends with your ex".

I dunno. Me personally. I'ma pursue what I want. The other person has agency for themselves. They can say naw. I am not gonna bring it up at all.

Denzar

Only two? I've had the ghosting happen from like a dozen, just makes it easier to know they're not serious and move on. Get back on the horse, they weren't worth your time anyway.

OHSHIT

I'll stop complaining now.

Ghosting is unfortunately very common these days. Just remember that you need far far fewer successes than failures to get a lasting relationship. Just gotta keep trying.

One thing that really does confuse me though is the amount of girls who ghost after giving the guy her number. I've had that happen more often than girls ghosting before (which isn't really ghosting I'd say since it's at such an early stage, but still). Numbers used to mean date at a pretty even 1:1 ratio.

Yeah, boggles my mind as well. I must be getting old...

Miles, you should do a thread about how awful it is to plan a wedding.

You've been dropping some gold in here.

I might just do that as this thread is started to getting cluttered with my rants. Look out for it after I get through the seating arrangements this weekend.

I'm dreading it. We talked about it briefly and the amount of bullshittery that came out from her side nearly caused a stroke. This cunt can't sit next to this cunt because they don't get on, this asshole recently broke up with her but he'll come because I invited the brother. I'm sat there thinking why invite half these fuckers then...invite the ones who get on with each other and fuck the rest, but am I going to say that out loud?

Fuck that.

They work together, gonna compare notes and if the EX is jealous or competitive that's trouble.

The ex dumped him for "the guy that wasn't a problem".

Why the fuck would you consider her in "any" decision making?

Like I said, this girl can have agency to decide for herself. As of now the ex is controlling aspects of his life. Why?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

There was also a time when girls would give out their number just to get a guy to back off.

Venting.

Um, your boy was ghosted so many times I lost count. I was ghosted before meeting, after meeting, after sex, after going on multiple dates. Each one teaches you signs to look out for with the next one and what phrases like 'had a rough day' or 'rough weekend' really mean. (I forgot/can't be arsed/met someone I like more. I turned it into a pot luck)

It's all in the game, yo.

I could really use some advice, from anybody. Thank you in advance.

Last summer around June, i started talking to this girl but never hung out because we both were out of the state. Fast forward to September, after a little bit of not talking, and we make plans on seeing each other when we get back.

We hangout November 9th and hit it off, we spend the next week hanging out. Everything is going good but then about 3-4 weeks into it, she tells me about this other guy (Guy B) who she's trying to distance herself from. I knew about him before she told me but this confirmed he was important. We had a lot of talks about it. There was Guy A as well but he didn't matter.

Fast forward another couple weeks, she hangs out with Guy B for the "last time" so he could get closure. She goes ghost for 24 hours because she was afraid to tell me what she did. She tells me things changed and she realized she didn't want to cut him out of her life. Fast forward a week, i tell myself that she made her choice, i don't want to deal with that.

So i start hanging out with an old friend. Things move quicker than i expected and she ends up catching feelings for me, which i did too a little bit, she's a sweet girls who respects me more than Girl #1.

And then another week goes by, christmas passes out, and Girl #1 tells me she "cut both of them" out of her life and that she truly wants to be with me. Cool. I blew off Girl #1 on NYE to hang with Girl #2 but i kind of regret it because it gave a wrong impression to #2.

The problem for me is, Girl #2 wants a relationship. Girl #1 wants a relationship **but** she tells me last night that she's been talking to Guy #1 because she felt sad when they weren't friends and she's a little happier that he's back in her life. This irritated me to the max. We had a blowing out last night but agree to talk about everything later tonight, for good or bad. She also responds to Guy #2 sometimes when he texts her because she wants to be on "good terms" with him.

She asked me if i'm trying to dictate who she talks to and i'm not really. I just view this as sort of a respect issue. If i have problems with you talking to someone you had relations with in the past, and you care about me, wouldn't you respect my wish and cease communication? Or am i being too controlling and having personal problems? I wanted to be with Girl #1 originally but i fear that these little things we had thrown at us is a solid indicator of our relationship would be. On the other hand, Girl #2 shows me mutual respect and treats me good but i don't know if i see myself being as happy as i would with Girl #1.

I need to make a decision fast because i don't want to keep dragging people along for nothing.

TLDR: Statted talking to a girl, she had a love triangle going on, i eventually distanced myself, she tells me she wants to be with me, i start having feelings for an old friends, but i really want to be with the original girl who did my wrong but she's still talking with the triangle guys as "friends" because they "bond". Also, original girl is going to start working at my job in a couple weeks.. so.

Lol drop both girls. Girl 1 is a bitch, girl 2 seems sweet and should have someone who thinks she's worth a damn which you do not. Figure out what you actually want and then pursue new people

Denzar

Um, your boy was ghosted so many times I lost count. I was ghosted before meeting, after meeting, after sex, after going on multiple dates. Each one teaches you signs to look out for with the next one and what phrases like 'had a rough day' or 'rough weekend' really mean. (I forgot/can't be arsed/met someone I like more. I turned it into a pot luck)

It's all in the game, yo.

It appears so. As mentioned before, I will not complain any more, holy shit.

Daria

Lol drop both girls. Girl 1 is a bitch, girl 2 seems sweet and should have someone who thinks she's worth a damn which you do not. Figure out what you actually want and then pursue new people

I know it looks as if i don't care about girl 2, but i do, honestly. I know i'm going about this the wrong way but it's an emotional attachment that keeps me around 1 (because we moved so quick). I've been told over and over to drop 1, even in the beginning, but i didn't listen and i got myself deeper into this than i should have.
But like someone said earlier, i'd respect was on my list of priorities, i would've left a long time ago.

I did however talk to girl 2 on my lunch today, we went out for coffee, and i told her about me asking for advice and that everybody had reiterated the same thing everybody else has been telling me and what she told me. she likes me, she doesn't want to leave, but she did mention that she feels like i bring up this baggage a lot (to admit, i do). The only problem i think i'm going to run into is when i tell girl 1 she doesn't respect me, she's not going to believe it.

Last night when i found out she was snap chatting guy 1 again, and i only found out because we no longer had a heart on our streak. I confronted her and she said "oh" "YIKES". She knew she messed up. But then when i told her this is just how it was before she cut them out of her life, she just tried to justify it by saying they're friends and nothing more. Because when she sees something she thinks "hey, guy 1 would love this" and sends him a picture. obviously she still thinks about him and what his interests are because in her words they all three "bond" well. She flat out said "i don't have to explain myself to you" (because we're not dating) and when she did bring it up the other week, i acted distant and said i was confused.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Off to another first date. Wish me luck GAF. If I see a comedian tonight I swear I'll stab them in the eye ;)

Edit: Daria, cut your losses and leave both girls now or this will get worse.

Ralemont

not me
I know it looks as if i don't care about girl 2, but i do, honestly. I know i'm going about this the wrong way but it's an emotional attachment that keeps me around 1 (because we moved so quick). I've been told over and over to drop 1, even in the beginning, but i didn't listen and i got myself deeper into this than i should have.
But like someone said earlier, i'd respect was on my list of priorities, i would've left a long time ago.

I did however talk to girl 2 on my lunch today, we went out for coffee, and i told her about me asking for advice and that everybody had reiterated the same thing everybody else has been telling me and what she told me. she likes me, she doesn't want to leave, but she did mention that she feels like i bring up this baggage a lot (to admit, i do). The only problem i think i'm going to run into is when i tell girl 1 she doesn't respect me, she's not going to believe it.

Last night when i found out she was snap chatting guy 1 again, and i only found out because we no longer had a heart on our streak. I confronted her and she said "oh" "YIKES". She knew she messed up. But then when i told her this is just how it was before she cut them out of her life, she just tried to justify it by saying they're friends and nothing more. Because when she sees something she thinks "hey, guy 1 would love this" and sends him a picture. obviously she still thinks about him and what his interests are because in her words they all three "bond" well. She flat out said "i don't have to explain myself to you" (because we're not dating) and when she did bring it up the other week, i acted distant and said i was confused.

I don't know what else you want us to say, lol.

I will say one last thing, that I think the next conversation you have with Girl 2 should be either telling her you're committing to her or you're taking a break from all of this and focusing on yourself. Continually bringing up the leash Girl 1 holds over you is clearly pissing her off and if I was her I'd think I was being used. Which she is. I'd go for the "not going to date at all" route right now because as someone pointed out above, you're doing the same thing to Girl 2 that Girl 1 is doing to you and that's shitty.

Denzar

Off to another first date. Wish me luck GAF. If I see a comedian tonight I swear I'll stab them in the eye ;)

Edit: Daria, cut your losses and leave both girls now or this will get worse.

Godspeed.

Daria, I'm sorry to say but I agree with the people saying you should cut ties with both. I think it's for the best.

Girl 1 is using you Daria, you're using Girl 2, and I've been in Girl 2's shoes enough times to realize that and she's going to stick around until she blows up at you and then she'll look like the bad person in all of this.

At least give her some respect and forget Girl 1 if you actually care about Girl 2. Otherwise take a step back from both and look elsewhere.

Stop talking and start doing.

I know it looks as if i don't care about girl 2, but i do, honestly.

Son ditches this girl on NYE to hang with the girl who treats him like shit. An emotional yoyo of sorts and you out here tahm bout "I know how it looks but I do care about". Lmao, son your actions speak louder than your words. Don't tell us you do but its complicated. No it really is not.

I know i'm going about this the wrong way but it's an emotional attachment that keeps me around 1 (because we moved so quick). I've been told over and over to drop 1, even in the beginning, but i didn't listen and i got myself deeper into this than i should have.

Cause you like the drama. Which is fine but dont be out here tahm bout care and respect.

This obviously aint just about you respecting yourself. It is about you respecting others. You do know what respect is right?

I did however talk to girl 2 on my lunch today, we went out for coffee, and i told her about me asking for advice and that everybody had reiterated the same thing everybody else has been telling me and what she told me. she likes me, she doesn't want to leave, but she did mention that she feels like i bring up this baggage a lot (to admit, i do).

I dunno why you even told her you asked advice. She doesnt need to hear you saybshit obvious to everyone. She needs you to "do" shit obvious to everyone.

The only problem i think i'm going to run into is when i tell girl 1 she doesn't respect me, she's not going to believe it.

There you go again, embracing drama. Let me spell it out for you plainly

Who fucking cares what she thinks? Why the fuck do you need to tell her anything? Answeris because you like the drama. You like the thrill. You love the emotions of it all.

Last night when i found out she was snap chatting guy 1 again, and i only found out because we no longer had a heart on our streak. I confronted her and she said "oh" "YIKES". She knew she messed up. But then when i told her this is just how it was before she cut them out of her life, she just tried to justify it by saying they're friends and nothing more. Because when she sees something she thinks "hey, guy 1 would love this" and sends him a picture. obviously she still thinks about him and what his interests are because in her words they all three "bond" well.

Man, I dont give a shit about this. What does your snapchat drama with the girl that treats you like shit have to do with you anything I said. You like drama. You dont really care about girl 2. Leave her alone. Pursue the crazy if that is what your heart wants. But dont bullshit us like this is complex. No it is not.

This is pissing me off. Girl #2 doesn't deserve this shit, if you're not gonna be serious with her, cut it off with her. Stick to Girl #1 and wallow in your stupid soap drama.

You're using Girl 2 to talk about your fucking Snapchat streak with someone who's using you?

Man. You do love drama and you don't respect the people in your life either.

Llyranor

Wtf, you need to learn some respect for yourself and for others.

You don't deserve Girl #2. You will try to win her back when she's fed up with your BS and ends it, but it will be too late. And Girl #1 will ditch you for the next drama of the week

Daria

You're using Girl 2 to talk about your fucking Snapchat streak with someone who's using you?

Man. You do love drama and you don't respect the people in your life either.

Huh? No. i've talked to girl 1 about it. Girl 2 knows everything because in the beginning we were just a fling, nothing serious, i then brought everything (not a "fucking snapchat streak") up when it started getting there.

Huh? No. i've talked to girl 1 about it. Girl 2 knows everything because in the beginning we were just a fling, nothing serious, i then brought everything (not a "fucking snapchat streak") up when it started getting there.

jenniferlawrenceokay.gif

This is the only time that all of DatingGAF is united, I think.

Llyranor

Do you like it when Girl #1 talks to you other guys while throwing you morsels of false hope? Stop wasting Girl #2's time, you are doing the same thing to her. You say you care for her, but your willingness to drop her at Girl #1's whims says otherwise.

Salamando

You talked about girl 1 to girl 2, today. Why? Talking about dating drama with a friend, I get that. Girl #2 is no longer just a friend. When you're with her, you should be with her, and not talking about your emotional investment with other girls. That's just wrong.

Man this one is nuts.

"I have to tell girl 2 that she doesn't respect me and she wont agree"

How can anyone read that shit and not instantly just be like "man what is this"?

I hope girl 1 comes to dating age asking for advice so we can tell her to drop this dude. Because that's what the fuck we would say if the situations was reversed.

Y'all getting too annoyed by this stupid ass drama.

Daria, you have lots of advice and you're not taking any. At least most people here listen and don't continue trying to validate their shitty behaviour. Stop seeking validation for your shitty behaviour.

Brother out here telling us about how he is playing snap detective. How are we not gonna get irritated?

This isn't someonw with girl problems. It is just someone who wants attention. What did he think we were gonna say?

"Oh you're right?"

Hell no.

Y'all getting too annoyed by this stupid ass drama.

Daria, you have lots of advice and you're not taking any. At least most people here listen and don't continue trying to validate their shitty behaviour. Stop seeking validation for your shitty behaviour.

I think it's because most of us have been in Girl 2's situation, hoping that the person we caught feelings for would be honest and either make a move or at least tell us to move on.

Seems like the guy is trying to have both cakes and eat them too, and he's getting mad that people aren't having it.

Or maybe he likes drama, but I can't see how anyone would. It's like the most negative form of attention.

I barely have time to ask people out, fuck drama taking up what little time I do have.

This is like some high school BS.

I dunno. However your ex feels about the situation aint really matter. Who the fuck cares what she thinks and or does? That shouldnt stop you from pursuing a good thing.

New girl is a big girl. She can make a decision. I don't think you should in any way acknowledge that it is best you dont see her because your ex girl is around. Fuck that. You should pursue her if you are interested and she can be the one to say no "I like being friends with your ex".

I dunno. Me personally. I'ma pursue what I want. The other person has agency for themselves. They can say naw. I am not gonna bring it up at all.

I've got no problem pursuing it but there's not much I can do when the new girl feel's it would be too weird and awkward.

Kyne

I've been dating this girl since spring of last year. She is head over heels in love with me but it isn't the same for me. I love her in the sense I care about her very much but the attraction just isn't there for me. She is going through a real difficult time in her life and I don't want to be the bad guy and bail on her while she is going through all of that and I'm being as supportive as possible but now she is talking about moving in together and all that and I just don't want it. It's tough, especially as she helped take care of me after I had major surgery and everything earlier in the year.

I want her in my life but it just isn't working for me romantically. I feel like such a jerk for having these feelings but I can't change them. I know what I should do but the emotions get in the way. Any help would be appreciated that is constructive on how I can approach this.

Hey man, I've been there. In fact I was there just a couple of weeks ago..

It's nice that she has those feelings for you and it sucks that you do not reciprocate the same. There's honestly nothing that can be done about it and you already know what you have to do. I know it's hard but look at it this way... if you have no intention of moving forward with her in your life then you are just wasting her time.

She doesn't know that she's wasting yours because her intentions are known, but you need to step up and call it.

are you 12?

god damn. Everyone is trying to sugar coat this and be respectful. Just break it off with both girls. You deserve neither. Go to class.

Makonero

Just went through this (although thankfully it was only a few months in). It's more courageous to break it off honestly and let her find someone who is equally head over heels for her than it is to just coast and hope you'll develop stronger feelings.

And there is never a good time to break up with someone. There's always an excuse. Just do it quickly and respectfully and stay firm.

How long does it take you guys to become emotionally open in a relationship? Cause it feels like me and this girl are really clicking and we are super emotionally open and vulnerable even though it's not even been a couple weeks. It's a bit alien for me, but I'm okay with it.

Just curious what your guys' experience has been with this. It's honestly so refreshing to be with someone who can be so open and I can be open too.

How long does it take you guys to become emotionally open in a relationship? Cause it feels like me and this girl are really clicking and we are super emotionally open and vulnerable even though it's not even been a couple weeks. It's a bit alien for me, but I'm okay with it.

Just curious what your guys' experience has been with this. It's honestly so refreshing to be with someone who can be so open and I can be open too.
There shouldn't be a hard rule in my honest opinion.

Opening up could lead to a more honest relationship. At the same time, opening up means you could at any point take a huge L. It's a double edged sword.

So I think it just depends on who you are dealing with, and your comfort level with them. I've opened up within a couple of dates, I've opened up after a few months, I've also not opened up at all. Again, it all depends on what you want of the relationship and who you are with.

Peltz

Open up immediately and be vulnerable. You're doing it 100% right even though it's way scarier that way.

That doesn't mean being a sissy and being super emotional about every little thing. It just means being honest and open about caring if that's honestly how you feel.

When I really click with someone, it's probably within 2 weeks that I really start feeling it. If we don't click quite that fast, I'm still 100% open and honest about things.

No rule. You just do what you think feels right. It is different for everyone.

Makonero

I don't know how to be closed. I've had girls weirded out by how open I am and honestly, I'm just being me.

gaiages

Banned
I might just do that as this thread is started to getting cluttered with my rants. Look out for it after I get through the seating arrangements this weekend.

I'm dreading it. We talked about it briefly and the amount of bullshittery that came out from her side nearly caused a stroke. This cunt can't sit next to this cunt because they don't get on, this asshole recently broke up with her but he'll come because I invited the brother. I'm sat there thinking why invite half these fuckers then...invite the ones who get on with each other and fuck the rest, but am I going to say that out loud?

Fuck that.

Miles I just want you to know you're my favorite GAFfer

It's different for everyone. It actually took me almost a year in my most current relationship to truly open up all the way, but I also had a lot of emotional baggage about opening up cuz of how doing so in the past fucked me over so yeah.

So whenever you feel it's good to?

--

Also geez Daria just move on, don't date any of these girls, rub one out or something, and just don't keep feeding Girl 1's petty ass drama.

Oh and I was in girl 2's shoes once (and only once), so just stop being an asshole to her, because you're just taking advantage of her kindness and her feelings for you at this point. Stop talking to her if need be, better cut it out now than later down the road. If you actually cared you wouldn't lead her on in the first place.

Afrocious

I think it's about time I did a write up about dating again.

Also, are there no women on GAF? Not to date, but as of late, I'm becoming quite aware of how male-centric posts and threads are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom