• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

vern

What's the protocol for calling it off with a girl I've been on three dates with and haven't slept with yet?

Proper protocol is take her home next time, seal the deal, then ghost.
Obviously a joke

Just ghost or send message saying you aren't into it. 3 dates is nothing.

Ashby

I feel bad because I think this girl is pretty into me. I already ghosted one girl before this and now there's two I'm seeing now that I just am not into. Feels like since I got dumped I've just been spreading the pain around.

I feel bad because I think this girl is pretty into me. I already ghosted one girl before this and now there's two I'm seeing now that I just am not into. Feels like since I got dumped I've just been spreading the pain around.

Don't date someone just because you will hurt their feelings or you think you'll be the bad guy if you split up, that's also a dick move.

Message, you're not feeling it "you're a nice girl, you'll find someone" Then block and delete.

gaiages

Banned
Breaking news from another thread I happened to wander into, vern hasn't always been a master bachelor:

Tried to show this chick I wanted to sleep with Nintendogs way back in college. There wasn't another date. My apartment was nice too for a college dude.

Just another example that dating and stuff is a learned skill, not just something you're born with :p

Also I thought this was pretty funny

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Can't knock Vern's game. Everyone knows women love dogs. If you don't have a dog, the next best thing is a virtual dog.

So it's been over 6 months since me and my ex broke up and I've been on and off with this one girl but it seems nothing is happening. Lately it's just been the feeling of I see girls who are attractive out around the town but just don't feel motivated to make a move. I'm guessing this normal it's a mixed bag, I want to find someone but I don't want to force it just let it come naturally. Being in an unpaid placement 40 hours a week and work on the weekends doesn't help either. This one girl at work I've always had a crush on but sadly she has a boyfriend and also I have that mentally I don't want to date someone from work because if anything happens I don't awkward tension. So far it's been an uninspiring year.

Not sure where you are, but if you're working 40 hours a week with no pay, there better be a very good reason for it, because that's straight-up illegal in some parts.

Breaking news from another thread I happened to wander into, vern hasn't always been a master bachelor:

Read it too fast and thought he wanted to sleep with Nintendogs.

Yeah it's not my first language but I don't really think it's the problem. I guess I was just too shy to ask her since she is really someone who I care a lot about, don't have that kind of trouble with girls on dating apps.

I've never been in this situation where I am with another person and the girl I want to date so that's why I'm kind of wondering if it's still possible

So anyone ? Sorry I'm kinda insisting on this but I'm still not sure :/

What more do you want to hear? Ask her out on a date. Already going to the movies with her? I dunno, ask her what time you should meet her for your movie date or something like that. Or just chill and go with the flow.

WolfeTone

What exactly are you asking us?

If you're hanging out with her and her friends, just make sure you are relaxed and sociable with her and the others. After this hang out, tell her that you had fun and that you'd like to go on a date with her.

What exactly are you asking us?

If you're hanging out with her and her friends, just make sure you are relaxed and sociable with her and the others. After this hang out, tell her that you had fun and that you'd like to go on a date with her.

yeah that's what I'm wondering, I better go with a date later, thanks man

No_Style

What's the protocol for calling it off with a girl I've been on three dates with and haven't slept with yet?

Isn't this more about yourself and what you would do? I never ghost people and always communicate if I'm not feeling it or whatever. I even try to do it in person if it's multiple dates in. But that's just me...

y2dvd

Finally got a date scheduled tomorrow since my break up several months ago. I guess it's about time I finally try to move on. Gotta shake off this first date rust. :l

dcelw540

Not sure where you are, but if you're working 40 hours a week with no pay, there better be a very good reason for it, because that's straight-up illegal in some parts.

Canada my friend, and it's through my program. It's sad the best way my coordinators say it's all above the connections and the experience. It was like this from September to December as well. I'm barely holding onto my money due to making only 300 pay checks bit weekly.

vern

Just another example that dating and stuff is a learned skill, not just something you're born with :p

Also I thought this was pretty funny

I had my struggles. That one was a swing and a miss for sure. Worse was that she had told her friends she was into me so basically all I had to do was not be a complete weirdo and I would have been in there. Had to take care of my virtual pet though when she came to my apartment after the date. Pretty similar to showing her how far video games had come since Mario.

College was tough because back then I was still kind of a hopeless romantic and also wanted girls that were into the same shit as me, like Nintendo games for example. I still dated plenty and was successful with girls for the most part, but there was lots of learning going on. That's one thing I see in the dating threads from people that constantly strike out is people don't learn from their previous experiences or from the advice we are giving based on our prior experiences.

Ashby

I don't mean to be blunt but is OkCupid as typically dire as I've found it to be in my area? I don't think I have amazingly high standards but I'm only finding like 1 out every 15-20 girl I see within ten miles of my location attractive at all. It's probably just because I live in the fucking woods.

So me and the girl have talked or hung out pretty much everyday for the last three weeks and we both admitted we've caught feels, so... I guess we're officially going steady now.

It's a weird feeling. I'm pretty crazy about her and we're super-compatible (so far).

bluethree

I don't mean to be blunt but is OkCupid as typically dire as I've found it to be in my area? I don't think I have amazingly high standards but I'm only finding like 1 out every 15-20 girl I see within ten miles of my location attractive at all. It's probably just because I live in the fucking woods.

i live in one of the biggest metro areas in the world, and okcupid is mostly a disaster here too

Ashby

So me and the girl have talked or hung out pretty much everyday for the last three weeks and we both admitted we've caught feels, so... I guess we're officially going steady now.

It's a weird feeling. I'm pretty crazy about her and we're super-compatible (so far).

Good to hear. How'd ya'll meet?

vern

I met a girl off OKC when I was on an extended business trip in Milwaukee. It was cold as fuck so she just came to my apartment for the first date and we had some wine and talked. I commented on her fingernails, can't remember what exactly, just something I thought was kind of playful and funny. She got super offended and left.

I also met a gorgeous college girl from OKC in shenzhen, china. She flew to Shanghai to meet me and then we had a great week (😏) together before never meeting again and slowly losing contact.

Those are my only OKC experiences, when I was on there though the vast majority of girls seemed some combination of weird, ugly, or terribly out of shape. Probably cuz Milwaukee.

I never tried POF but my high school friend met a girl off there one night and had sex and then she got pregnant (it happens sometimes) and now they are still together 8 years later or whatever it is now. Two kids. Romance.

Tinder is hit or miss depending on your area, not many users of tinder in shanghai/tier 1 Chinese cities but they are mostly Eastern European "models" and western educated and wealthy gorgeous Chinese girls.

Tantan is still the king. Worked great for me last month in Seattle and Vancouver, and all across asia.

Since the rise of tinder, OkC has definitely gotten uglier.

gazele

Banned
I actually found my now ex girlfriend on POF, but that was 4 years ago, seems like times have changed

Bumble is interesting

I feel bad but I seem to be matching with girls I'm not super into, and then I don't respond in the 24 hours

Does that make me a bad person?

I don't do it to people I'm actually talking to, but when a girl just says "Hey" or "Hi gazele" it's really hard to want to have a conversation, guess I know how girls feel on these things haha

Dryk

That pain's not going to get better if you lead her on

Ed-Silver

Neo Member

A lot of girls (hot and girl next door types) wised up and joined SA. Why go on a date with a boy who can barely support himself when she can get a date with an older man who has confidence and can treat her out properly. Add in the fact that student loans are at an all time high and you see why SA is so popular with girls at even early age of 18. I can guarantee you at least 75% of the girls in your college has heard of it or even experimented with it.

vern

A lot of girls (hot and girl next door types) wised up and joined SA. Why go on a date with young boy who can barely support himself when she get a date with an older guy who has confidence and can treat her out properly. Add in the fact that student loans are at an all time high and you see why SA is so popular with girls at even early age of 18. I can guarantee you at least 75% of the girls in your college has heard of it or even experimented with it.

Bing gives me South Africa dating sites? I'm guess you are talking about some sugar daddy site but I didn't see it... clue me in?

No_Style

No... it's not you. It's pretty dire here too. I'm amazed that I managed to find a half decent date earlier this month.

The girl I am currently seeing is from POF which seems to be on the upswing.

In related news, I just got off the phone with the girl and it has to be at least 15 years since I chatted it up with a girl like that. Weird nostalgia trip.

Salamando

See your PM. I kind of even regret writing my original post, as it could ruin a great thing.

For those curious, he is talking about a sugar daddy/baby site. Never heard of it being used for dating though. Female friends who've dabbled with it say the guys there tend to look for exactly what you think they'd be looking for.

A lot of girls (hot and girl next door types) wised up and joined SA. Why go on a date with a boy who can barely support himself when she can get a date with an older man who has confidence and can treat her out properly. Add in the fact that student loans are at an all time high and you see why SA is so popular with girls at even early age of 18. I can guarantee you at least 75% of the girls in your college has heard of it or even experimented with it.

This reads like young male insecure paranoia. "I can't get a date because.." whatever external thing other guy has that you don't and that's why and not because of my own shortcomings. Be it a motorbike/car/own place/money now the reason is sugar daddy sites. Its got a nasty underlying tone of misogyny that women just care about money and they'll open their legs if he opens the check book. The only people I imagine using those sites, if the reporting on them is true are two people deluding themselves that it's not prostitution.

75%? I wanna see the receipts.

The real answer is that Tinder is easier, requires less investment, is easy to show friends ("What do you think of this one?"), and girls get a pool of easily filterable dudes.

Probably-okay alternatives are the paid sites like Match and eHarmony, if that's what you're looking for. But OKC is a cesspool. The last time I was on, in December, the girls weren't particularly attractive and I recognized nearly all of them from months (sometimes years) ago.

Female friends I talked to agreed: hell, I had one search for girls in DC and she was like "... yeah, no."

y2dvd

I've been cold on all dating sites for the past 3 months. I was way more successful a little over a year ago. Competition gone up or something?

No_Style

I've been cold on all dating sites for the past 3 months. I was way more successful a little over a year ago. Competition gone up or something?

New year resolutions have people signing up in droves this month. But it was a real dry spell for me during the latter half of the year. A few convos that petered out and that's it.

Ed-Silver

Neo Member
This reads like young male insecure paranoia. "I can't get a date because.." whatever external thing other guy has that you don't and that's why and not because of my own shortcomings. Be it a motorbike/car/own place/money now the reason is sugar daddy sites. Its got a nasty underlying tone of misogyny that women just care about money and they'll open their legs if he opens the check book. The only people I imagine using those sites, if the reporting on them is true are two people deluding themselves that it's not prostitution.

75%? I wanna see the receipts.

I'm not suggesting to be a sugar daddy or even exchange money for sex, as that is prostitution. I'm just going to say there are girls in that website who are just looking to be taken out whether for dinner or a fun night out. Same thing you are doing with the OKC and Tinder girls, except you get a better selection of attractive girls to choose from. You got to realize a lot of them are broke college students with limited funds to go out.

As for the 75%, that might be a little over exaggerated but you will see a lot of the same girls who were once in OKC or Tinder resurface on SA. Heck you might see your cousin or sibling there.

A lot of girls (hot and girl next door types) wised up and joined SA.

This is the statement you made that I was referring too. Which reads like you are saying the girls you want to date are on sugar daddy sites. So you've seen a few profiles that are on both sites, you've put 2+2 together and confirmation bias equal 75%.

It's an excuse as to why you can't get a girlfriend through online dating. That was my point.

Good to hear. How'd ya'll meet?

On POF. I sent her a joke message, she sent a serious one back. Ignored me for a while and then messaged me back cause turns out I was the only person to send her a funny message since she was on that site. We talked about random funny topics, I asked her out, and boom, had an amazing first date, a crazy second date, a short and sweet third date, and awesome fourth date, and here we are. Talking pretty much everyday.

It's weird, it's only been a few weeks, but we talk like we've known each other since we were kids, that's how weirdly comfortable it is.

Armadilo

Banned
possible date for Thursday, I don't know what to do. I want to do something fun. Might not be perfect but as long as she has a good time . it's all good.

Have you shown her how far gaming has come? Or Person Of Interest?

vern

Speaking of exes... I dreamed about my ex two nights ago. Dreamed she was some kind of famous dancer lol... sent her a message in the morning just with some pleasantries and mentioned the dream. No reply. We left on decent enough terms though... oh wel. Shouldn't have sent her anything.

The real answer is that Tinder is easier, requires less investment, is easy to show friends ("What do you think of this one?"), and girls get a pool of easily filterable dudes.

Probably-okay alternatives are the paid sites like Match and eHarmony, if that's what you're looking for. But OKC is a cesspool. The last time I was on, in December, the girls weren't particularly attractive and I recognized nearly all of them from months (sometimes years) ago.

Female friends I talked to agreed: hell, I had one search for girls in DC and she was like "... yeah, no."

I'm amazed by how picky ladies can be when I watch them Tinder. I'm swiping right on like 80%, but the women I've seen use it swipe right like 5% of the time. It's a miracle I get any matches at all.

I'm amazed by how picky ladies can be when I watch them Tinder. I'm swiping right on like 80%, but the women I've seen use it swipe right like 5% of the time. It's a miracle I get any matches at all.

Many men just swipe left on anything that looks like it has a pulse to be fair. It's a numbers games and women hold the cards. That 5% is probably 99% guaranteed reply's for women.

You don't get to play "It's a miracle I get matches" card as a white guy in Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom