• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashby

thirded.

I literally have nightmares about still being with exes.

you broke up for a reason.

REMEMBER THE REASON.
Yeah, but what if i do an evaluation and the things that sucked about her suck less than dating sucks. I gotta start asking girls out at the supermarket or something. I was good at that shit in person in college.

y2dvd

Speaking of exes... I dreamed about my ex two nights ago. Dreamed she was some kind of famous dancer lol... sent her a message in the morning just with some pleasantries and mentioned the dream. No reply. We left on decent enough terms though... oh wel. Shouldn't have sent her anything.

I feel ya. I dreamt the most pleasant dream of my ex the other night and messaged her about it. She responded though, but it was a bitter sweet short message and I was probably better off not telling her about the dream.

vypek

Yeah, but what if i do an evaluation and the things that sucked about her suck less than dating sucks. I gotta start asking girls out at the supermarket or something. I was good at that shit in person in college.

Do you mean "suck less" or the things that sucked about her are completely gone now? Why bother with an ex unless the reason you two broke up no longer exists and won't be coming back?

Ashby

Do you mean "suck less" or the things that sucked about her are completely gone now? Why bother with an ex unless the reason you two broke up no longer exists and won't be coming back?
Im mostly just kidding around. I meant what if she sucks less than having to date around does. Besides she broke up with me so I'd have go grovel and all that shit, fuck that. Just kinda bitching because online dating hasn't produced many winners yet (been out with three girls so far two from bumble one from tinder, wasn't feel any of them)

gazele

Banned
Lol, just saw a girl from the Bachelor on Bumble

Did finally get a good intro message though

"how's your drunk taco game? assuming you get to enjoy tequila tuesday cause you're not a slave to work"

I think i finally hit my max of amount of girls i can talk to and go on dates with. None of them have done anything that would make me want to drop them.
All of them are really nice and cute and have stuff i like.

With only 2 dates in all of them its hard to tell where the chemistry is the best.

Denzar

There is absolutely no way to talk to a girl you're following on Instagram (who's got no idea who I am) without coming across as a total creep/stalker, right?

Ashby

Well, I broke it off with the one girl. She took it really well. Almost makes me have second thoughts. She was fun to hang around with but the physical attraction just wasn't there.

There is absolutely no way to talk to a girl you're following on Instagram (who's got no idea who I am) without coming across as a total creep/stalker, right?

Depends on how you approach it. Slide into those DM's, my man.

Just don't be fucking greasy about it. Say hi, you've been following her and like her posts, go from there.

Well, I broke it off with the one girl. She took it really well. Almost makes me have second thoughts. She was fun to hang around with but the physical attraction just wasn't there.

You can still remain friends though, but that may take some time to reset the relationship back to that level. Don't force it, but don't ghost her completely if you liked her as a person.

oh god. my friend gets a tooon of these messages. One guy straight up sent dick pics. There are ways you can be nice about it though.

He sent a dick pic to indicate he was no longer interested in dating her?

That's my strategy, too

Many men just swipe left on anything that looks like it has a pulse to be fair. It's a numbers games and women hold the cards. That 5% is probably 99% guaranteed reply's for women.

You don't get to play "It's a miracle I get matches" card as a white guy in Asia.

I get matched worldwide, homey

gaiages

Banned
A lot of girls (hot and girl next door types) wised up and joined SA. Why go on a date with a boy who can barely support himself when she can get a date with an older man who has confidence and can treat her out properly. Add in the fact that student loans are at an all time high and you see why SA is so popular with girls at even early age of 18. I can guarantee you at least 75% of the girls in your college has heard of it or even experimented with it.

lol, it takes more than you think to be a sugar baby, and that is definitely not a relationship.

This feels a bit like... projecting, though?

I'm not suggesting to be a sugar daddy or even exchange money for sex, as that is prostitution. I'm just going to say there are girls in that website who are just looking to be taken out whether for dinner or a fun night out. Same thing you are doing with the OKC and Tinder girls, except you get a better selection of attractive girls to choose from. You got to realize a lot of them are broke college students with limited funds to go out.

As for the 75%, that might be a little over exaggerated but you will see a lot of the same girls who were once in OKC or Tinder resurface on SA. Heck you might see your cousin or sibling there.

That's pretty much defining a sugar daddy/baby relationship. Most sugar daddies do want sexual favors in exchange for buying their babies shit and paying for things. A few don't, but that's a rarity.

EDIT: Oh and you can see a lot of people on Tinder on Fetlife as well, I mean, you don't have to be only on one site for one kind of relationship :p

oh god. my friend gets a tooon of these messages. One guy straight up sent dick pics. There are ways you can be nice about it though.

Er... I think you responded to the wrong person >.>

So one of my goals for February is to try dating seriously for one month, ladies most/none of my friends know or people I met through other friends. The lines have been too blurred since summer lol.

Going to remake/check my Tinder which is kinda a crap shoot here but can't hurt. I've only had it because my friend put it on my phone so she could check out the girls haha. Always been kinda eh about using it somewhat serious since most of the ladies on it are looking for either A) An English teacher or B) 'and A' a white dude. Might just start charging for English lessons lol.

Also going to try and go out with a lady I met in November, kept in contact with but never had our schedules match up lately though we wanted to meet on new years. Shes not the best looking but shes by far the most fun to just hang out with.

My 3 months of just hanging out, avoiding putting effort into meeting girls, and just catching up on games is almost over. (Though I still can't beat Bloodborne -tear-)

Where are you actually?

Try feeld and Tantan if in a major metropolis.

West coast, central valley in California.

Sucks ass getting matches in L.A. and then realizing it's an hour drive just to meet someone for a "maybe" kind of thing.

There's a ton of single mothers and nursing students in town lol.

Might try other apps because Tinder has just been a mess for me with very few matches. I remember OKCupid getting me better results last time I tried it.

vern

West coast, central valley in California.

Sucks ass getting matches in L.A. and then realizing it's an hour drive just to meet someone for a "maybe" kind of thing.

There's a ton of single mothers and nursing students in town lol.

Might try other apps because Tinder has just been a mess for me with very few matches. I remember OKCupid getting me better results last time I tried it.

My hometown is in the Central Valley and I was back at xmas time. Attractive, non redneck, non mothers were like 1 out of every 200-300 women on there. I feel for you.

Astral

So I had a fight with this girl I've been dating for a few months and I'm not sure how to proceed. We've been watching a lot of movies together. The first couple of movies, she chose. Then it took some convincing to have her agree to watch a movie of my choice. She got sleepy and we weren't feeling it so we called it a night. The next movie night we watched another of her choosing and then I convinced her to watch Oldboy with me. She didn't like it because she hates foreign movies and she couldn't tell the characters apart,which I thought was really weird. Next movie night we watch one of her choice and then I ask if we could watch The Wailing which a friend suggested. She said hell no because she was not watching another Korean movie. So we watched one of her choice. Then I convinced her to watch It Follows because I had been dying to watch it. She thought it was ok. Then we watched one of her choosing. Next movie night I bring up another movie and she refused because she wanted to watch something else. I didn't wanna watch it because it looked really bad but we watched it anyway. Then another. Then next movie night we watch another one of her choosing and I suggested Dope. She refused because it looked like a movie she wouldn't like. I told her that if she didn't like it within like 15 minutes we could stop. She started saying how I have horrible taste in movies, that all my movies were bad, and that our tastes were so different. She kept bringing up movies I thought sounded terrible (and apparently were according to rottentomatoes) so I kept saying Dope. She gave in but was quiet the whole time and not a single reaction to the movie. Then we called it a night.

One more movie night. We watch something she wanted to watch and then I suggest another movie that my friend suggested. Again says me and my friends have terrible taste in movies and that they all fucking suck. She starts looking for other movies to watch and I say "So were just never gonna watch a movie I wanna watch, like, ever?" I said it in a pretty annoyed tone and this pissed her the fuck off. I had been getting the silent treatment ever since. So now today I told her to just tell me she was mad because she always Denys it. She texts me a long text saying how I was basically calling her a bitch that always has to have her way. That wasn't at all my intention obviously. So now she blocked me. She always does when she's mad. I'm not even sure if I should bother anymore honestly. I really really like her but she can get really bratty and plain nasty when she's mad. Says all sorts of shit.

Your first mistake was letting her pick two in a row.

Out of morbid curiosity, what movies has she made you watch?

That you haven't named them says a lot.

Astral

Jebus you guys watch a lot of movies together. Do something else.

We do lol. We usually hang out most of the day and end it with movies.

Your first mistake was letting her pick two in a row.

Out of morbid curiosity, what movies has she made you watch?

That you haven't named them says a lot.

Two were good. The Ones Below was ok and They Look Like People which I really liked. The other ones were very forgettable and just really bad which is why I can't remember their names lol. Um, Suicide Theory, The Watcher, Return to Sender, and Clinical, some Netflix original, off the top of my head. It really upset her that I didn't like them. I guess we should just not watch movies together?

Sounds bitchy and pretty racist with the "I can't tell them apart" and not wanting to watch another Korean movie lol.

Also sounds like a bit boring... unless movies is code for netflix and chill. Which is already code for what I'm really asking.

Astral

Sounds bitchy and pretty racist with the "I can't tell them apart" and not wanting to watch another Korean movie lol.

Also sounds like a bit boring... unless movies is code for netflix and chill. Which is already code for what I'm really asking.

Yes we chill as well. When she's not angry.

Scotch

Two were good. The Ones Below was ok and They Look Like People which I really liked. The other ones were very forgettable and just really bad which is why I can't remember their names lol. Um, Suicide Theory, The Watcher, Return to Sender, and Clinical, some Netflix original, off the top of my head. It really upset her that I didn't like them. I guess we should just not watch movies together?
I've never even heard of any of those, which is probably telling.

But yeah, if your taste in movies is that different you should probably stop watching together.

Personally, the way she sounds in your story is really immature and I'd be long outta there.

gaiages

Banned
So I had a fight with this girl I've been dating for a few months and I'm not sure how to proceed. We've been watching a lot of movies together. The first couple of movies, she chose. Then it took some convincing to have her agree to watch a movie of my choice. She got sleepy and we weren't feeling it so we called it a night. The next movie night we watched another of her choosing and then I convinced her to watch Oldboy with me. She didn't like it because she hates foreign movies and she couldn't tell the characters apart,which I thought was really weird. Next movie night we watch one of her choice and then I ask if we could watch The Wailing which a friend suggested. She said hell no because she was not watching another Korean movie. So we watched one of her choice. Then I convinced her to watch It Follows because I had been dying to watch it. She thought it was ok. Then we watched one of her choosing. Next movie night I bring up another movie and she refused because she wanted to watch something else. I didn't wanna watch it because it looked really bad but we watched it anyway. Then another. Then next movie night we watch another one of her choosing and I suggested Dope. She refused because it looked like a movie she wouldn't like. I told her that if she didn't like it within like 15 minutes we could stop. She started saying how I have horrible taste in movies, that all my movies were bad, and that our tastes were so different. She kept bringing up movies I thought sounded terrible (and apparently were according to rottentomatoes) so I kept saying Dope. She gave in but was quiet the whole time and not a single reaction to the movie. Then we called it a night.

One more movie night. We watch something she wanted to watch and then I suggest another movie that my friend suggested. Again says me and my friends have terrible taste in movies and that they all fucking suck. She starts looking for other movies to watch and I say "So were just never gonna watch a movie I wanna watch, like, ever?" I said it in a pretty annoyed tone and this pissed her the fuck off. I had been getting the silent treatment ever since. So now today I told her to just tell me she was mad because she always Denys it. She texts me a long text saying how I was basically calling her a bitch that always has to have her way. That wasn't at all my intention obviously. So now she blocked me. She always does when she's mad. I'm not even sure if I should bother anymore honestly. I really really like her but she can get really bratty and plain nasty when she's mad. Says all sorts of shit.

Do something else together other than watch movies.

She's definitely crazy and overreacted and I think it's time to move on but I want you to know, for next time, to at least change the activity up. Doing nothing but Netflix and chilling for a few months sounds immensely boring for a relationship so early on. That's more for couples that don't wanna do shit because they have to be up for work in the morning lol

I've never heard of any of these.

Astral

Do something else together other than watch movies.

She's definitely crazy and overreacted and I think it's time to move on but I want you to know, for next time, to at least change the activity up. Doing nothing but Netflix and chilling for a few months sounds immensely boring for a relationship so early on. That's more for couples that don't wanna do shit because they have to be up for work in the morning lol

I think we were just in a little movie watching craze. We do go out and do other things, especially in the weekend where she doesn't have to get up in the morning the next day. I guess my main issue is her reaction to some things. I can't tell if I'm an asshole sometimes or she just overreacts to everything. I've snapped at her a couple of times when I was angry or stressed about something. By snapped I mean saying "what" in a raised voice or saying something rudely. I apologized immediately each time. She gets pissed and starts ignoring me though. She says she doesn't like the way I treat her sometimes yet there some shit she says that's ridiculous. Yesterday when we were arguing through text I tell her I wanna ask her something. Her response is "Go ahead I bet it's something stupid." Thinking about it now, I shouldn't have said shit. But I asked her why it's ok for her to say that to me when I never have and never would speak to her like that. Her response is "Wow. Bye." I think she truly believes she can do no wrong.

Thinking about all of this now, I don't know how the hell I'm still with her. I guess it's because she then goes on to do something that surprises me. She can be really sweet and smart and fun one minute and the next she can be like this.

I've never heard of any of these.

I guarantee no one has. And for good reason.

Kyne

reminds me of a girlfriend who's favorite movie of all time was Lady in the Water.

like holy fuck. I've never been so bored out of my mind.

Jokab

My GF legit thought Identity Theif was a funny movie. I have never laughed that little in my entire life. Then again she hasn't seen Star Wars and thinks LotR are crap movies so I shouldn't be surprised

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Thinking about all of this now, I don't know how the hell I'm still with her. I guess it's because she then goes on to do something that surprises me. She can be really sweet and smart and fun one minute and the next she can be like this.

If you've been with a girl only a few months and you're already fighting a lot, your relationship isn't heading in the right direction.

gaiages

Banned
My GF legit thought Identity Theif was a funny movie. I have never laughed that little in my entire life. Then again she hasn't seen Star Wars and thinks LotR are crap movies so I shouldn't be surprised

I know right, how weird is it to have different tastes in movies?!

How can anyone not like 3 hour long epics filled with fantastical characters in a medieval world

:I

I am by no means whatsoever a movie buff, but there's so much shit out there that you really don't even have to see the "classics" to find all sorts of stuff to entertain you... and whether or not LOTR is a classic is kinda up in the air. I mean, it's certainly impressive, but... It has its own set of issues, really.

gaiages

Banned
Whoops I was too busy being argumentative to respond to this

I think we were just in a little movie watching craze. We do go out and do other things, especially in the weekend where she doesn't have to get up in the morning the next day. I guess my main issue is her reaction to some things. I can't tell if I'm an asshole sometimes or she just overreacts to everything. I've snapped at her a couple of times when I was angry or stressed about something. By snapped I mean saying "what" in a raised voice or saying something rudely. I apologized immediately each time. She gets pissed and starts ignoring me though. She says she doesn't like the way I treat her sometimes yet there some shit she says that's ridiculous. Yesterday when we were arguing through text I tell her I wanna ask her something. Her response is "Go ahead I bet it's something stupid." Thinking about it now, I shouldn't have said shit. But I asked her why it's ok for her to say that to me when I never have and never would speak to her like that. Her response is "Wow. Bye." I think she truly believes she can do no wrong.

Yeah, that's some bullshit, she sounds super immature and maybe emotionally unstable? Either way, that's not how someone should be treating another person in a relationship.

Astral

Don't get in text arguments ever.

THIS! Always try to speak to the person...

This should be in the Bible.

Yeah I got a little impatient there. I was tired of the silent treatment. I think despite everything I need to learn how to handle arguments. I'm the type that likes to resolve the conflict on the spot or asap but I understand some people don't like doing this, so then I just get lost.

Jokab

I know right, how weird is it to have different tastes in movies?!

How can anyone not like 3 hour long epics filled with fantastical characters in a medieval world

:I

I am by no means whatsoever a movie buff, but there's so much shit out there that you really don't even have to see the "classics" to find all sorts of stuff to entertain you... and whether or not LOTR is a classic is kinda up in the air. I mean, it's certainly impressive, but... It has its own set of issues, really.

I mean she mocks me for not having seen Finding Nemo so it all kind of evens out in the end

Yeah I got a little impatient there. I was tired of the silent treatment. I think despite everything I need to learn how to handle arguments. I'm the type that likes to resolve the conflict on the spot or asap but I understand some people don't like doing this, so then I just get lost.

All signs point to trouble in paradise, buddy

Scotch

Having different tastes in movies is fine and all, but there are limits. Whenever my ex-gf wanted to see a movie it was without exception some 35% Rotten schlock. Never again.

I guarantee no one has. And for good reason.

This movie thing sounds so hilariously juvenile. Fighting over insignificant things like this means it's only going to get worse. Break up already. Also, she has terrible taste and maybe slightly racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom