• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 15 minutes late and ghosting is a distraction to Johnny's actual issue of not taking dating seriously and using the dating app to waste time chatting to girls because of his long commutes and good data plan. Until you start taking the person seriously and whether they actually meet your standards instead of just striking up a convo with whoever, you'll just keep on getting disappointed. If you just want sex, go to the club and get with some girl. But a dating app isnt a surefire way for that, so if you want something more, you've gotta put in the effort. You've gotta feel it out when a girl's not actually into you, then quickly move on instead of wasting more time and then freaking out when date time comes.

No_Style

Sorry to hear that, bud.

Hmm... so I guess all that laughter wasn't enough. She said she wasn't sold on me after the date and wasn't sure about it until after we set up the second. I played it cool, offered friendship and wished her the best. I really would have liked a second date to see how we would have fared but alas... onto the next.

Ashby

Hmm... so I guess all that laughter wasn't enough. She said she wasn't sold on me after the date and wasn't sure about it until after we set up the second. I played it cool, offered friendship and wished her the best. I really would have liked a second date to see how we would have fared but alas... onto the next.

I had a girl cancel on me for tonight and I was relieved. I guess that says about where my actual desire to be dating is at.

Llyranor

Hahaha, the spoilered stuff is on a whole other level of pathetic. How dare this ugly girl ghost me after I did her this huge favor she didn't deserve! I didn't really want to date her, anyway!! No puppet, you're the puppet.
"Messofanego
(Today, 03:58 PM)
Remove user from ignore list View Post
This message is hidden because Messofanego is on your ignore list."
I would consider this a mark of distinction and honor, M.

Hahaha, the spoilered stuff is on a whole other level of pathetic. How dare this ugly girl ghost me after I did her this huge favor she didn't deserve! I didn't really want to date her, anyway!! No puppet, you're the puppet.
I would consider this a mark of distinction and honor, M.
"Distinction"?! Maybe (relative term), honour... nah.

Well with that fake edit, I see your head exploded.

Llyranor

My head exploded at the thought of going on a date with people where I already know within the 15 minute of online conversation that, no way in hell I can date this person for any decent amount of time, whose social, political, moral values and even general outlook in life are quite opposing than mine, on top of that red flags popping up left and right, where I knew there was no future, etc.

Even if you discount completely wasting their time, I couldn't fathom wasting my own time and energy doing that. How desperate does one have to be...? There are easier way to make 'friends'.

For a guy who says he's out, you sure do come back a lot.

But then again, for a guy who says he doesn't care, you definitely care way too much.
Shouldn't be posting and driving. You're absolutely correct. "I'm out" Because I literally have to be somewhere. I'm driving now. So please be gentle with your responses. Unless you fuckers hate me so much to involve me in a crash.

I really should focus on the road.

My head exploded at the thought of going on a date with people where I already know within the 15 minute of online conversation that, no way in hell I can date this person for any decent amount of time, whose social, political, moral values and even general outlook in life are quite opposing than mine, on top of that red flags popping up left and right, where I knew there was no future, etc.

Even if you discount completely wasting their time, I couldn't fathom wasting my own time and energy doing that. How desperate does one have to be...? There are easier way to make 'friends'.
Entertainment while I commute." Rather than "making friends"

Getting gas a.t.m.

But honestly let's stop.

If you really want to ruin my day, you can always quote the "M" dude. But all jokes aside stop.

Scotch

When someone wasted your time, money and energy, simply because they were vindictive due to their own terrible past experiences, or they were bored and confused and didn't know what they wanted, it's ok if you react a little more than with a sigh and a smile to that, and also deliver a" food for thought" message....
You seem confused as to why people in this thread were bagging you earlier. It's not because you sent her a "food for thought" message. It's because of the way the message was worded. Telling someone "they're not a catch anyway" and boasting how you have your next date already set up is not "food for thought", it's petty.

vypek

Classic sour grapes.
Yep. Mentioned this a few pages ago. It's the fastest way to explain it.

You seem confused as to why people in this thread were bagging you earlier. It's not because you sent her a "food for thought" message. It's because of the way the message was worded. Telling someone "they're not a catch anyway" and boasting how you have your next date already set up is not "food for thought", it's petty.

The food for thought part was completely unnecessary as well. No need to even send the message.

Ugh! Ok ok, I never said "you're not a catch anyway" to her directly dude. I said "I had a date lined up" to give her the impression that she didn't deserve the right to leave me hangin, and I could make better use of my time with others. I really gotta watch out how I word things here sometimes.

As far as the food for thought comment goes it was basically explaining to her how it may be a little unwise and irresponsible to do these to men she barely knows online. After she tells them her place of work and residence.

Dawg

So I had a great date yesterday. We went to grab a bite and went drinking afterwards. It was the first time we met but there were no awkward silences or anything. We had a lot of common interests and everything. Told eachother tons of stuff and got to know eachother really well. I was surprised by how well it went.

Near the end I asked her if she enjoyed the evening. She said she had a lot of fun and that she'd like to meet again. I was pretty happy. Gave her a goodnight kiss and she sent me a snapchat an hour later saying goodnight.

So yeah, I had a great feeling until today. I haven't heard her in twenty four hours now. I know that's not that long, but you'd expect at least a single text after a first date, no? Unless I'm just being paranoid. I sent her a good morning text with no answer and I also sent her a snapchat a few hours ago which she read, but didn't answer. She usually always replies. This is actually the first time she doesn't.

I don't know what to feel right now. Last time something like this happened I found out the girl was dating multiple guys at the same time and that she picked someone else. I really liked this girl though and we had such good chemistry, at least I thought so.

why.jpg

No_Style

I don't know what to feel right now. Last time something like this happened I found out the girl was dating multiple guys at the same time and that she picked someone else. I really liked this girl though and we had such good chemistry, at least I thought so.

why.jpg

I sincerely hope your situation ends up in your favour. Try not to dwell on what will happen or what you could have done differently.

Dawg

I sincerely hope your situation ends up in your favour. Try not to dwell on what will happen or what you could have done differently.

S-should I text her tomorrow and ask? Or wait? One of my close friends says it's weird I haven't heard anything in 24 hours.

Llyranor

Ugh! Ok ok, I never said "you're not a catch anyway" to her directly dude. I said "I had a date lined up" to give her the impression that she didn't deserve the right to leave me hangin, and I could make better use of my time with others. I really gotta watch out how I word things here sometimes.

Either lying or making it all up hence the lack of consistency
The whole thing ended with me telling her "You weren't a catch anyway, I'm already going on my second date this weekend with this other girl I met on Tinder, (True story) and I may in fact be half an hour late for that date, because that's just me, and I am going to do me, and if she still accepts me after being late, that would be awesome, and if she doesn't, I hope she a decent enough human being to tell me to fuck off right away! Unlike some other child I met recently ;)"

MTE

After wasting too much of time on late assholes, I've set myself hard limits for how long I'll wait for anyone. For anything.

So nothing you wrote can be attributed as factual? It was a nice attention-grab, though.
I don't think I am inclined to quote a private text message I had with someone, word for word on GAF. Criticise my inconsistencies, and my poor way of explaining a conversational exchange between two parties, and finally, believe what you want to believe . But when I quote something on GAF regarding mine or her words. I'm not doing it Verbatim. Due to my attitude here, You're correct to assume that I wanted to tell her a lot more nastier things than I did. But I kept it civilized (mostly)

Ozorov

So I've a question about Tinder (just got it, ye I know I'm like 5 years behind) and didn't find a better thread than this I suppose.

If I set my age range from 24 - 29, do all the girls that pops-up on that swipe page have set their age range to include me?
Or is it just my age range that matters what girls pops up on the swipe page? So I can swipe girls that never will see me etc?
Anyone?

I'm not Sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but whatever age you set, those are the age range women that will show up for you. This works the same for everyone. So yes, if let's say you're 32 and wanting to date women between the ages of 25-29. You will get women in that range. But let's say a woman is 26 years old and her age range for men is set to 25-30. Chances are you won't be matched with said woman.

Ozorov

I'm not Sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but whatever age you set, those are the age range women that will show up for you. This works the same for everyone. So yes, if let's say you're 32 and wanting to date women between the ages of 25-29. You will get women in that range. But let's say a woman is 26 years old and her age range for men is set to 25-30. Chances are you won't be matched with said woman.

To keep it simple: If a girl shows up at my swipe-thingy, am I in her age range?

I need some help, my fellow GAFfers; online dating related. Before the turn of the year I messaged a woman. She legit hits me up 3 weeks later. I reply and then... nothing. Fast forward to this morning and I get another message. This time, though, it's been a whole month!

Should I even bother? If so, I think I would call her out on this. From a purely playful and "funny ha-ha" kind of way.

Any advice will be appreciated!

FyreWulff

I need some help, my fellow GAFfers; online dating related. Before the turn of the year I messaged a woman. She legit hits me up 3 weeks later. I reply and then... nothing. Fast forward to this morning and I get another message. This time, though, it's been a whole month!

Should I even bother? If so, I think I would call her out on this. From a purely playful and "funny ha-ha" kind of way.

keep the conversation going but don't put anything on hold for her. continue talking to / dating other people. just send one reply back

After wasting too much of time on late assholes, I've set myself hard limits for how long I'll wait for anyone. For anything.

It's not an unreasonable policy at all, as long as the time limits you set are reasonable. If you don't respect a persons time you don't respect the person.

Your one of a number of backup guys she's bulk messaging because the last person she dated didn't work out. She seems to be under the impression you're all patiently waiting for your chance/turn to date her. When you respond to her your enabling this behavior.

She's not responding to you because someone else she was more interested in messaged her back also.

Bock/delete and move on.

Your one of a number of backup guys she's bulk messaging because the last person she dated didn't work out. She seems to be under the impression you're all patiently waiting for your chance/turn to date her. When you respond to her your enabling this behavior.

She's not responding to you because someone else she was more interested in messaged her back also.

Bock/delete and move on.

What crazybacon says is truth, you are indeed a "fall back option" "hmmm, I reallly wanted it work out with that hot guy, I'm depressed now, I feel like I want to be needed. Let's see who was chasing after me a month ago! Oh there it is, I remember this sucker was all over me, I need to feel good about myself, let's message him"

That's her train of thought, right before she messaged you. So act accordingly, keep your guard up. My advice: don't mention or call her out on disappearing on you, not in a funny way, not in anyway.

Best way to handle this, is give her the minimal attention. As if you forgot who she was, and she's someone totally new to you...

Keep your responses short and generic. "Hey what's up!" "Oh yeah, that's cool" "nice..." act as if every time you're answering to her you're thinking to yourself "who the f are you agan?! How do I know you?" Let her get conversational, not you. Don't chase her, you also don't have to block/delete her.

Vire

Hey GAF... it's been a while.

So early last year I met the woman who I think I want to spend the rest of my life with... let me back it up and explain. I work in a small IT consulting company and my boss decided to hire a Russian immigrant because she was brilliant.. but also my boss is a pervert and he must have been shocked to see someone in the computer science field as attractive as her. At first I thought nothing of it, there was the obvious physical attraction but I knew she was married so I tried to pay no mind to it. We spent eight hours a day, every day together, and developed a really beautiful friendship. She didn't have a car so I would drop her off at the train station every day, and we would go to lunch together - spending an increasing amount of time together.

It started like this.

Then she started to flirt endlessly with me. Sending texts late into the wee hours of the night and sending videos that would be seen as innaprooriate for a married woman. Hearts and kisses being sent through texts, jokes about creating an FAQ but she rather "fa-q" as in fuck you. Things continued and one day, we were setting up equipment for a major client in Miami and a giant camera fell on her head. She couldn't form sentences and I began to worry and rushed her to the hospital. I waited in the ER four hours waiting to hear back what happened.. thankfully she was okay but ever since this moment she never looked at me the same. This is when her husband learned about me since he found out that I took her to the hospital.

Months pass and we are sitting in my office and I take a look at her phone while she isn't looking. She starts to freak out and she jumps on top of me and we literally wrestle for the phone for thirty seconds or so. Meanwhile the executive of the client walks in at this moment and says "it seems you guys are having fun". After this point I had resolved to end all of this as I knew I was heading into dangerous territory. I didn't think much of it at first... but I knew the age old adage don't shit where you eat. Especially with someone who is married and doesn't even have a green card.

I was rather blunt with her in the following day, we went out for drinks and I confronted her about this whole situation and how she can't be flirting with me like this. At first she tried to play stupid, that she didn't understand what I was talking about, but then the tears started to come. She cried in my car and explained that she doesn't love her husband and that of course if she wasn't with him she would date me. She muttered under her breath that her sister wasn't the only stupid one in the family... I told her that we can remain friends, but I could tell that this wasn't an answer she wanted to hear.

She later sent me conversations with her best friend talking about how "no matter what you choose" I will always be there for you. Choose? As in, there's a choice? Holy shit? Sooner rather later I actually began to think about this, maybe I really do care for her in a way that I didn't want to. A few weeks pass and we are still flirting with each other every day... one day we take a walk down the pier in Miami and we are sitting in front of the ocean. She wraps her legs around me and we share our first kiss. It starts to rain heavily and we run throughout downtown together trying to find shelter.. at this point we are shivering wet and we embrace and kiss deeper. It was honestly one of the most romantic and beautiful moments of my life.

I thought to myself, fuck it... I couldn't help myself. We started to share more and more of these moments, every day when I would drop her off we would spend hours kissing and touching before letting go and going home. Eventually, she came to a crossroads and got into more and more fights with her husband at home. Not mentioning me or the reasons why.. but explaining to him that she doesn't feel there is love in their marriage anymore.

Some more weeks go by and she finally decided to leave her husbands apartment. She spends the next few weeks staying at her friends place and eventually she finds her own room that she shares with a few roommates. I make daily visits and we start a more traditional relationship. I cook for her, watch movies together, laugh together... and stayed the night together. We have sex together, two or three times each day.. with each time better than the last. She screams in Russian while we are fucking and it drives me crazy. This goes on for months, going on on frequent dates, renting scooters, going to concerts and so on... eventually and we start to talk about the possibility of living with each other. The guilt inside of her started to brew and she understood that she could no longer play this game, that she had to make a decision and divorce her husband.

So around month ago, she starts the conversation with him about divorcing. And everything went to shit.

She explained to him that she didn't love him anymore, that she had found someone else and even that she had sex with me. Naturally, he was furious stating how he's going to fucking kill me, repeatedly calls her a whore over and over, how she ruined his life and so on. After this fight, she entered a deep depression and began to hate herself, telling me that she can't see me because it reminds of her of things she did. I was of course heartbroken as I love this woman... eventually she breaks and tells me she misses me so much, that she loves me like she has never loved anyone before and that she needs to see me. We share a intimate week together and things seemed to be back on track... until her husband randomly showed up one evening at her apartment begging and pleading for another chance at things and how he still loves her despite all of this. She hadn't expected this given how the last time she saw him it ended, and once again she enterered sucidial depression, telling me that the guilt is all consuming. This caused me to feel like A constant seesaw, one moment feeling okay and the next feeling like I want to die.

We had a plan.. she was going to divorce her husband and we were going to move in with each since we were so madly in love. She says she still felt this way but she wasn't sure she could follow through.. that she needed to rest and gain strength. So here I am, in limbo waiting, hoping and praying that I can continue my life with her.

She continues to meet with him and try to end things.. but each time he begs and pleads with her. We start to fight, and have dozens of hour long conversations over the phone about how this was meant to be, how we can't give up after all of this, how we still love each other deeply.

On Valentines Day, we meet in person after not seeing each other for two weeks. At this point I am an emotional wreck and can't take much more of this any longer. I would go to work, come home and sleep and cry after each day... thinking that it was over. I told her if you can't follow through, I can't hold on any longer and we need to end this. She freaks out and starts going into a mass hysteria and seemingly understands how she needs to make a decision. We part with a kiss and she later decided she needed to meet with her husband once more. This time she is more straight with him... and she explains to him again that she cannot live in a loveless marriage and he seemingly finally accepts this fact and says "ok". She explains to me that she feels she can forgive herself at this point, that if he can finally accept this.. then I can move on with my life.

I plan to meet with her tomorrow.

I could go on and on for hours about our courtship and why she is worth all of this to me, as well as many other details I had missed... but I feel I have said enough.

Jindrax

I would take advantage of your novelty now. You already messaged her out of the blue after only briefly seeing each other in person. You got a response. So keep that train going and just ask her out now. Save your inquiries for the date. You can even express it like this: "I was going to pepper you questions about "what you've been up to since high school?" etc but why not do it in person? Interested in catching up over coffee instead? :)"

You're comfortable at public speaking, so I presume you are at your best in person, so you should do whatever you can to put yourself in that situation sooner rather than later.

To be fair, most the girls I have met lately have looked better or very close to their pics. It's been a long time since there was a drastic difference.

got hit with the, I'm not looking to meet somebody right / don't have time to go on dates line.

Oh well, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. On the next one, thanks for the advice anyway

No_Style

got hit with the, I'm not looking to meet somebody right / don't have time to go on dates line.

Oh well, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. On the next one, thanks for the advice anyway

You're welcome! At least you didn't invest too much time exchanging messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom