• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
One and done. I tip my fedora to you.

giphy.gif

Leeness

With kids come excuses to go to Disney World!
do not have kids for this purpose

I go to Disneyland on my own, thank you very much. Children would get in the way of having fun. 😑

The idea of children and pregnancy horrified me more than you can even know.

I can't even.

I'm actually having anxiety over this thread right now.
I don't think you need to feel anxious over anything. Just he protected at all times and you are good to go, it's as simple as that.

Best wishes to Ashby as well. Two new fathers in the same week. Let this be a testament that their children can one day come back to and read on.

Salamando

I go to Disneyland on my own, thank you very much. Children would get in the way of having fun. 😑

The idea of children and pregnancy horrified me more than you can even know.

Heh, true enough. I'll be heading to DL in November for the Avengers Half-Marathon. It makes for a convenient excuse!

I might not be horrified about pregnancy, but I still have no intention of getting involved with one anytime soon. When it comes to birth control, my favorite word is "redundancy".
You're right though, I couldn't imagine your horror. As a guy, I just have to deal with my entire life's plan getting smashed to pieces if a surprise baby enters into it. Women also get the body stuff, hormones, possible depression, potential career issues...

gaiages

Banned
I had my second date with Dreamcast Lady. She lured me with pizza and drinks.

I also had my first ever vodka mixed drink (i barely drink at all, i've made maybe like 4 whole cans of alc lifetime to this point). Man I felt warm after drinking that.

And now you know why Russians like it.

Dating Age |OT7| She's getting an abortion. We made it y'all!

Savage

Are condoms out of vogue now or something? What is going on?

Leeness

I don't think you need to feel anxious over anything. Just he protected at all times and you are good to go, it's as simple as that.

Would never be good enough for me to kill my anxiety lol

Heh, true enough. I'll be heading to DL in November for the Avengers Half-Marathon. It makes for a convenient excuse!

I might not be horrified about pregnancy, but I still have no intention of getting involved with one anytime soon. When it comes to birth control, my favorite word is "redundancy".
You're right though, I couldn't imagine your horror. As a guy, I just have to deal with my entire life's plan getting smashed to pieces if a surprise baby enters into it. Women also get the body stuff, hormones, possible depression, potential career issues...

I need to wait on DL for a bit though.. I want to wait for SW land to be done so the place isn't in partial construction. And if I'm waiting till then, I may as well wait until your government isn't so detestable lol. Hopefully.

Oh my god stop, you'll give me a panic attack. 😭

Anyway, I AM glad it will work out for both Ashby and Ray, despite being mortified at this thread right now lol.

This is just too much lmao

edit - Already back to a good pace since the last girl. Is it odd I'm like still friends/talking with her friends? lol like I said in a previous post I'm pretty sure they liked me more as a friend than even she did. I'm not complaining, more friends sounds good to me.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Good lord, guys. Condoms. Birth control. Anything!

Makes me glad the bf has had a vasectomy. Pretty much no chance of having this happen.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
She's keeping it. Told me last night. You know what though, these past few days I've honestly never felt like I loved someone more though. Idk if there's some kinda evolutionary trait that makes me feel like protecting her.. But for example, I got super worried when she almost pulled off without her seatbelt on. I damn near chased her car down. I'm cautiously optimistic that this could turn out very well.

You got a girl pregnant? Or she lied to you about religious differences to break up? Or you lied to us about a previous relationship ending?

I'm not clear on what "Ray Wondering" is anymore

I don't even know what this means anymore.

She's getting an abortion. We made it ya'll!

Congrats on the freedom

This is beautiful

Makes me glad the bf has had a vasectomy. Pretty much no chance of having this happen.

Tell that to my coworker who had a kid at 40+ while being post vasectomy.

gaiages

Banned

I keep asking my bf to get a vasectomy. He says no, but he'll definitely get the Vasagel thing when it comes out. Probably be first in line :p

Shit needs to hurry up and get tested and get out to market already, these birth control pills are horrid and make me an emotional mess lol
:/

Xun

I have 3 dates this week, with the 1st tonight.

It'll be good to finally get back into dating again after coming down with mono.

She's getting an abortion. We made it ya'll!
I bet that's a relief!

She's keeping it. Told me last night. You know what though, these past few days I've honestly never felt like I loved someone more though. Idk if there's some kinda evolutionary trait that makes me feel like protecting her.. But for example, I got super worried when she almost pulled off without her seatbelt on. I damn near chased her car down. I'm cautiously optimistic that this could turn out very well.
That does sound pretty instinctual to be honest, but hopefully it works out for you.

Congrats anyway!

I need to start following my own advice. It's the 4th date and I still haven't made a move. Attraction is obviously there on both sides but she makes me nervous in a way I haven't felt before.

I'm normally not scared to act, I've been on many dates with kissing and sex on the 1st night; it usually comes to me quite easily. With this one, I just can't do it. She seems ok with taking things slow, but I really felt like she was expecting a kiss last night and I didn't deliver.

It's quite strange. I've never felt such a block with a girl before. I think also I've never had such a good connection with someone so quickly before that I'm more in my head and less confident than normal. Tips to snap out of it?

Though seeing the last few pages, my problems seem quite irrelevant. Protip: always use protection.

Jokab

I need to start following my own advice. It's the 4th date and I still haven't made a move. Attraction is obviously there on both sides but she makes me nervous in a way I haven't felt before.

I'm normally not scared to act, I've been on many dates with kissing and sex on the 1st night; it usually comes to me quite easily. With this one, I just can't do it. She seems ok with taking things slow, but I really felt like she was expecting a kiss last night and I didn't deliver.

It's quite strange. I've never felt such a block with a girl before. I think also I've never had such a good connection with someone so quickly before that I'm more in my head and less confident than normal. Tips to snap out of it?

Though seeing the last few pages, my problems seem quite irrelevant. Protip: always use protection.
Feeling a block where you usually don't feel one could be a sign of low physical chemistry. On how to snap out of it, you just gotta go for it. You could greet her with a kiss next time you see her, just out of the blue. Or try to meet her a bit away from where you are heading and hold her hand on the way there to warm up to it. Touch her lower back when you walk through a door. Also just go for it, it'll be fine.

Feeling a block where you usually don't feel one could be a sign of low physical chemistry. On how to snap out of it, you just gotta go for it. You could greet her with a kiss next time you see her, just out of the blue. Or try to meet her a bit away from where you are heading and hold her hand on the way there to warm up to it. Touch her lower back when you walk through a door. Also just go for it, it'll be fine.

No, I'm definitely attracted to her. I guess all the advice from the dating threads usually comes down to "JUST DO IT" lol. If I'm in the mindset of just wanting to have sex, like on a Tinder date or in a club, I can escalate things quickly no problem. With her, I'm seeing a real potential relationship so I can't seem to act as I normally do.

Ozorov

I don't even know what this means anymore.

Congrats on the freedom

This is beautiful

Tell that to my coworker who had a kid at 40+ while being post vasectomy.

Congrats on becoming a dad, I guess.

WolfeTone

Reading this thread the past couple of days makes me want to get a vasectomy.

Congrats to Ray on impending fatherhood and to Ashby on his freedom.

Ogodei

Put the text of my OKCupid profile in the Community thread last night, to which nobody responded (irony is not lost on me, but that thread seems slow-moving).

I revised my text today while thinking on it overnight, just made it a little more energetic and fun (my fundraising work actually prepares me pretty well for online dating, i'm constantly having to write stuff that makes people feel good about and want to make a commitment to something. I just have to figure out how to apply that to me).

http://pastebin.com/YCndfT1K

Thoughts? Any red flags in there?

Put the text of my OKCupid profile in the Community thread last night, to which nobody responded (irony is not lost on me, but that thread seems slow-moving).

I revised my text today while thinking on it overnight, just made it a little more energetic and fun (my fundraising work actually prepares me pretty well for online dating, i'm constantly having to write stuff that makes people feel good about and want to make a commitment to something. I just have to figure out how to apply that to me).

I would hang out with you! But I'm not a cute girl, sorry.

Seems pretty solid, but I'm always wary of any references to Video Games or TV watching. I think board games and trivia are nerdy enough, but at least are seen as more social activities. I would also mention some activity that's outdoor-related, unless you're really not into that.

gaiages

Banned
Nope. In fact her biggest worry before we met to discuss it was that *I* might have misgivings about getting it taken care of. I was like, am I the first man you ever met lol

Remember, Republicans exist and they don't like it when women do what they want with their bodies!

Goddammit, I wish I was joking ._.

-Don't mention politics
-Don't put Myers-Briggs
-Close the parentheses after "non-profit development"
-List some actual board games and craft brews. "I've experienced the horrors of Cards Against Humanity, which really should be called Cards Against Humani-TMI."
-Take out "all over the map". Let the list speak for itself.
-6 things is too vague. What are you writing? What are you cooking?
-"Thinking about" section: pick one thing and stick with it. "I've been to a few museums and after looking at the art exhibits, I wonder if I can trash my apartment and then charge people admission."
-Don't mention running out of money.
-Don't mention "binge TV/video games".
-Don't mention "hold your own in conversation". Leave it at "want your name on a charity list" and take out the emoticon (since that's the only appearance).

You want to tell a story, not a checklist.

gaiages

Banned
Both Vasectomies and tube-tying can fail or self-reverse, although it's a really small chance, it can still happen.

I mean, literally all birth control methods have a chance of failure, even something as extreme as getting your tubes tied.

The chances are just *extremely* low for some of them.

FyreWulff

I mean, literally all birth control methods have a chance of failure, even something as extreme as getting your tubes tied.

The chances are just *extremely* low for some of them.

it has to be irritating sometimes though. You go under for a tubal and then the uterus is like "where is that ovary again? Oh I found it over here, hi ovary, INITIATE DOCKING PROCEDURE"

Also it can result in eptopic pregnancy as sperm can traverse the severed area but the ovum can't get out.

Not to gloat, but being sterile takes a large portion of the stress out of sex.

True. I dated a girl who was sterile once. Until she told me her mother was also supposedly sterile.

Then I started wrapping it.

Oh, so you like to earn your misery.

Keep at it and you'll never be disappointed.

Dookkake, PLS

That poor boy did nothing to you. Why? Lol.

But he's got a point. Let a gal you know that you like her and want to go out / smash / be platonic friends with / etc. as soon as you've got the inkling. It'll make it a bit easier and if you get let down you won't have been as invested into it and it shouldn't hurt as much.

fireflame

Are there people here who have never fallen in love?I don't know how to approach women and i am always surprised to see some people start to date so young, not afraid or being hurt or being called out for what they are inside, or looking weird,etc, but i also wonder how they manage to "feel".I can say i have desired women in the past, but never been in love, and i have this feeling to be on another planet thatis hard to fight on a daily basis. I have the feeling some answers will only come with time but tipme is starting to be long.

Leeness

Not to gloat, but being sterile takes a large portion of the stress out of sex.

I'm doing this soon. Maybe it won't help with my anxiety but maybe it could and I could attempt to have a normal-ish human relationship 😐

If not, then at least I will feel more in control of myself. Idk. Just something I've wanted to do for a while.

Are there people here who have never fallen in love?I don't know how to approach women and i am always surprised to see some people start to date so young, not afraid or being hurt or being called out for what they are inside, or looking weird,etc, but i also wonder how they manage to "feel".I can say i have desired women in the past, but never been in love, and i have this feeling to be on another planet thatis hard to fight on a daily basis. I have the feeling some answers will only come with time but tipme is starting to be long.

You can't be in love with someone without first dating them.

It's like saying you love cake without ever having eaten any.

fireflame

But what about falling in love while working in an environment(for now i have no job but i am hoping i will fix that soon) or bumping someone accidentally while walking, or just seeing someone while in a supermarket(random encounters). But yes i have never dated anyone.

But what about falling in love while working in an environment(for now i have no job but i am hoping i will fix that soon) or bumping someone accidentally while walking, or just seeing someone while in a supermarket(random encounters). But yes i have never dated anyone.

Of your 3 examples, only the first is a relationship of any kind. A working relationship, of course, but even in that you do have the chance to get to know someone. It's still not going to lead to love without one-on-one time, probably outside of work, with the express purpose of courtship.

In the latter two examples, it is possible to get the hots for the person, but to fall in love with them would tale actually talk to and getting to know them.

I think you have some bad ideas absorbed from romantic comedies.

Ogodei

-Don't mention politics
-Don't put Myers-Briggs
-Close the parentheses after "non-profit development"
-List some actual board games and craft brews. "I've experienced the horrors of Cards Against Humanity, which really should be called Cards Against Humani-TMI."
-Take out "all over the map". Let the list speak for itself.
-6 things is too vague. What are you writing? What are you cooking?
-"Thinking about" section: pick one thing and stick with it. "I've been to a few museums and after looking at the art exhibits, I wonder if I can trash my apartment and then charge people admission."
-Don't mention running out of money.
-Don't mention "binge TV/video games".
-Don't mention "hold your own in conversation". Leave it at "want your name on a charity list" and take out the emoticon (since that's the only appearance).

You want to tell a story, not a checklist.

Good advice. I doctored it up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom