• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

Is love blooming between two dating age regulars right before our very eyes!?

Can love bloom in the battlefield, Gaiages???

No lol, I just force travelling people to hang out with me for an hour or two (or however long they can stand it, maybe 15 minutes) when they come to Vancouver.

Ogodei

Huh? This is the most idiotic thing I've heard in a while.

The implication was that you had no social life and were trying too hard.

To avert the obvious follow-up question, it doesn't come from PUA sites or any of that garbage, just advice i've absorbed from other people over the years.

gaiages

Banned

To avert the obvious follow-up question, it doesn't come from PUA sites or any of that garbage, just advice i've absorbed from other people over the years.

Nah, that's just silly. Nothing wrong with going out with a person on Friday.

Solo

I mean, my GF and I had our first date on a Tuesday, but that's just because that was the day that lined up. I'd have had no issue with it being Friday though. What kind of immature people have that mindset? If anything, a Friday date shows you have interest in prioritizing her over doing some other shit on your weekend.

I know you should always propose a specific date or date-range when talking about asking out, but i just asked someone out and did not do so because this weekend is pretty busy (especially here in DC with the Tax March, but it's also Easter and all).

It's like, you can't just keep the conversation going until "the right time" for the nearest available date-slot, since they could assume you're not interested and walk away, but sometimes it's a whole range of "not the right time," since after that is Earth Day and the March for Science.

Silly reasons. There are protests for everything. You can find time to grab a drink whenever. And Fridays are fine-- I just choose not to, generally speaking, since I don't want to "waste" the weekend on someone new. That said, I have gone out with new people on the weekend before: the basic point is that hard and fast rules are, as I said, silly.

I would go on a date on a friday if I didnt plan stuff already. If the person is busy we just work out a day. Not every single weekend is balls to the wall action. Sometimes its order a pizza and play Celda.

I would say you shouldnt pick sat or fri as first choices if you can avoid it just cause weekends do get planned out more thoroughly vut it doesnt really matter

Salamando

I'm incapable of love. You all should know that by now

So the man who dismisses love and seeks sex is meeting the woman who dismisses sex and seeks love. This has sitcom potential...I see an episode where Zackie's crazy aunt mistake them for a couple, and a mid-season cliffhanger where Leeness's first (last?) boyfriend comes back from Italy.

So the man who dismisses love and seeks sex is meeting the woman who dismisses sex and seeks love. This has sitcom potential...I see an episode where Zackie's crazy aunt mistake them for a couple, and a mid-season cliffhanger where Leeness's first (last?) boyfriend comes back from Italy.

I'm shipping them so hard.

Leeness, bake him your special cookies.

A lot of people here celebrate Easter while not being religious, but it really just depends on your family. Plenty of people just do it for the kids (bunnies, chocolate, etc) or just an excuse to bring the family together and eat.

I personally don't celebrate it, but there's a lot of places closed in my area on that day. Then again, that in particular is probably less of an issue in DC.

Yeah, that's pretty much the same here. There'll be lots of egg hunts, parties, etc but the religious aspect is all but gone from what I've observed (which is limited in scope I admit)

You've been hanging out with some stupid ass people.

Makonero

I'm shipping them so hard.

Leeness, bake him your special cookies.

these_cookes_sugar_futurama.gif

The unstoppable force meets the unmovable object. What happens next?
This was a question on a calculus exam I had

you're doing it wrong. okc isn't about shopping for people. fire off messages to everyone that even vaguely interests you.
So, having never done any online dating before I recently created an okc profile, and have found that I am having a hard time keeping up with messages that I receive to the point that I haven't initiated any conversations (since I feel obligated to respond to the people that have already reached out to me). Any tips on how to balance it out?

So, having never done any online dating before I recently created an okc profile, and have found that I am having a hard time keeping up with messages that I receive to the point that I haven't initiated any conversations (since I feel obligated to respond to the people that have already reached out to me). Any tips on how to balance it out?

Turn it into a face to face date before you feel overwhelmed. If the person doesn't bite they just wanted someone to talk to and then you can respond at your leisure and not feel guilty.

Or just tell people you aren't interested if they don't attract you. Be honest.

Y'all are creeping me out.

Only respond to the ones you want to talk to.
Must be tough dealing with this embarrassment of riches!

You obviously rich, super hot, or a girl?

If all 3, hmu.

Epcott

Went to bar with long time friend I haven't seen in 8 years... we have a good time and split the bill.

Invited friend to family fun day. Person gets a little touchy feely. We have a good time.

We talk nearly every day and watch Magicians, texting each other the events.

I invite person to event this coming weekend and we go to a movie a week after family event. I notice they're wearing a really amazing scent (out of the norm). We hold hands watching GITS bomb. Date lays head on shoulder... 😮 me is exited!

After film, I ask friend if we're dating or just two friends hanging out, they say "Just friends hanging out". Later, conversation proceeds to be about how they're dating someone but something seems off about who they date. I give advice and mention I should get out and date again.

The next day, I'm on the prowl, flirting with people, setting up "hang out time" with various individuals... and haven't called friend as much. I've also decided to cut the weekend meeting with them short (but not outright cancel) so I can meet someone else.

Am I an asshole? Did I handle things wrong? Should I be miffed friend neglected to tell me they've been dating someone for 6 months until I asked at the movies? Is withholding information bad or should that be an indicator other person likes me?

Am I an asshole? Did I handle things wrong? Should I be miffed friend neglected to tell me they've been dating someone for 6 months until I asked at the movies? Is withholding information bad or should that be an indicator other person likes me?

Yes, that's bad if she has a boyfriend and is acting like that with you. She wants attention and nothing more and she's cussing brides to get it. Move on and find somebody else to date.

(I'm leaving that auto correct in there, it's amazing, should be crossing boundaries BTW)

Epcott

Yes, that's bad if she has a boyfriend and is acting like that with you. She wants attention and nothing more and she's cussing brides to get it. Move on and find somebody else to date.

(I'm leaving that auto correct in there, it's amazing, should be crossing boundaries BTW)

LoL thanks for the heads up! You're right, best to find someone transparent, or at least upfront.

Armadilo

Banned
How am I supposed to have a conversation with someone through Instagram ?

I've been talking to girls around my school, good conversations. I asked for their number and said to add them on Instagram because they're not comfortable giving out their numbers. Ok but how do you have a conversation with someone through Instagram ?

Unai

I've been talking to girls around my school, good conversations. I asked for their number and said to add them on Instagram because they're not comfortable giving out their numbers. Ok but how do you have a conversation with someone through Instagram ?

It has a way to send private messages now, just like facebook, etc.

Astral

You can directly message people in IG I think.

Salamando

You got the cookie recipe from above, right?
Yep! It makes a lot of cookies (8 dozen?) with no clear way to half or quarter it, so it'll have to wait until I have a big enough get-together upon which I can unleash the cookies.

On their Instagram profile, in the top right corner there are three dots, like ellipses (...). Click on them, and then select "Send Message" in the submenu.
this thread is literally the first time i've ever heard a "no fridays" rule ever
Some people try too hard to make it look like they're not trying too hard. Sometimes you just need to shut your head up and do without thinking.

Leeness

Yep! It makes a lot of cookies (8 dozen?) with no clear way to half or quarter it, so it'll have to wait until I have a big enough get-together upon which I can unleash the cookies.

Not that much. I doubled the recipe and got around 80 cookies, so the regular recipe should be about 40.

Just do it, they're delish! I baked them for work :)

norm9

Some people try too hard to make it look like they're not trying too hard. Sometimes you just need to shut your head up and do without thinking.

Only reason I never did a Friday first date is because I don't wanna blow one of two prime time evenings on a stranger. Much easier to do a monday-Wednesday evening.

Salamando

Not that much. I doubled the recipe and got around 80 cookies, so the regular recipe should be about 40.

Just do it, they're delish! I baked them for work :)
I think I'm losing track of what "cookies" are a euphemism for.

I don't think Leeness of all people would be showing her "cookies" to people at work...if she is, then I've been grossly misinformed about where she works!

Bringing cookies to work would be a little hard - haven't seen my coworkers in months (yay/boo telecommuting).
I need to add walnuts to that recipe...

Only reason I never did a Friday first date is because I don't wanna blow one of two prime time evenings on a stranger. Much easier to do a monday-Wednesday evening.

Fair enough. The issue's when you won't do a Friday date because "The implication was that you had no social life and were trying too hard." That's when you're trying too hard to not appear as if you're trying too hard.

B33

Banned
I've put dating on hold while I focus on other things. I'm abstaining from Facebook and Instagram as a part of this break.

It's been nice.

Leeness

I don't think Leeness of all people would be showing her "cookies" to people at work...if she is, then I've been grossly misinformed about where she works!

😱😱😱😱

Bringing cookies to work would be a little hard - haven't seen my coworkers in months (yay/boo telecommuting).
I need to add walnuts to that recipe...

That's too bad. Fuck it, just make them for yourself, walnuts and all, and eat them all, it's super easy, they're delicious.

The recipe written down there as is makes 2 dozen large cookies. So just go for it :D

Armadilo

Banned
So this girl just blocked me, no reason. I just said hey, thats all. I wish she would of said no or some other excuse, seriously. Why make me follow her Instagram to just end up blocking me.

I try to be as genuine as I can be, but only seem to have bad luck.

I have the worst luck.

So this girl just blocked me, no reason. I just said hey, thats all. I wish she would of said no or some other excuse, seriously. Why make me follow her Instagram to just end up blocking me.

I try to be as genuine as I can be, but only seem to have bad luck.

I have the worst luck.

Don't start that again, you do this to yourself and then cry foul. If she liked you she would have given you her number, the instagram was a brush off.

I can guarantee that "girls around school" was just one girl now if your upset she blocked you.

Armadilo

Banned
Don't start that again, you do this to yourself and then cry foul. If she liked you she would have given you her number, the instagram was a brush off.

I can guarantee that "girls around school" was just one girl now if your upset she blocked you.

I just think it's really dumb. If you don't like a person, just reject them and be done with it. Why play games

FyreWulff

I just think it's really dumb. If you don't like a person, just reject them and be done with it. Why play games

Because women have a high chance of being attacked and/or other bad things if they're direct about it. So the safe thing you have to do as a woman is move things to a distance and reject.

It also doesn't help that some overly aggressive peeps will dial the phone number they're given right then and there.

Anyway to get into dating you have to eat mountains of rejections, you'll never get anywhere if you take any one of them in particular deeply personal.

Because women have a high chance of being attacked and/or other bad things if they're direct about it. So the safe thing you have to do as a woman is move things to a distance and reject.

It also doesn't help that some overly aggressive peeps will dial the phone number they're given right then and there.

All of this and dealing with butthurt guys that thought the woman was giving signals.

Anything not a hard yes from a woman, is often a no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom