• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girl sent me a sweet good morning and "have a nice day" message like 7 hours ago in the morning, but Whatsapp didn't notify me until I opened the damn app just now to send her a message.

Not my fault but feels bad I didn't see it in time.

:(

Yeah, that can be annoying lol

FyreWulff

Girl sent me a sweet good morning and "have a nice day" message like 7 hours ago in the morning, but Whatsapp didn't notify me until I opened the damn app just now to send her a message.

Just say thanks and reply back, and just mention inside the reply didn't notify you til now. Don't dwell on it or overexplain it.

Welp that's it.

Delete number. Hit the gym. Lawyer up.

Just tell her you just got it ajd continue as normal

artsi

Just say thanks and reply back, and just mention inside the reply didn't notify you til now. Don't dwell on it or overexplain it.

Yeah I did that, no big deal but still would've loved to see it right when I woke up and was cranky :p
Going to her place again this saturday, we're both pretty excited.

Do you guys ever get a text from a girl and then naturally do the banderas.gif after seeing it?

d91.gif

feelsgoodman

Lulubop

Only if it's nudes

I don't wanna post something that seems stealth braggy, but I'll say I'm pretty sute I have an addiction to online dating, specifically going on dates with new people

Olli128

So I'm new to dating as I've just got out of a long relationship.Thought I'd give online dating a go as I'm in a new city and don't really know anyone so I downloaded POF. Got about 30 "wants to meet me" and around 10 matchess which I thought was pretty good but I've messaged about 5 people and no one bothered to reply even though they matched? Also had a couple of girls message me but they put so little effort into the conversation I dropped them - If they're that boring online they're probably even worse in person right?

Kind of considering just deleting it and doing it the old fashioned way, got a number off one girl last night while I was out with my new housemates but I was quite drunk and don't really remember her that well..

I guess I'm just here to rant a little and ask if online dating is actually worth it for guys?

Lulubop

How a person replies online isn't really indicative of how they are in person tbqh. Thats why I try and move to irl meeting asap

Going on a date with the 19 year old tonight. Again, I'm 23. Got a few raised eyebrows at work. Thing is, I'm pretty young looking. Still made me worry a bit.

Can only see!

Xun

Must be awful to get a text in the morning from time to time wishing you to have a nice day.

I think he means the WhatsApp not receiving messages promptly lol.
Haha, I do mean the app, yes. :p

Do you guys ever get a text from a girl and then naturally do the banderas.gif after seeing it?

d91.gif

feelsgoodman
I have been recently with the girl I'm seeing at the moment, yes.

It's happened quite a few times already.

So I met this really nice girl this fall quarter, we talk every now and then when we have class. We have a good time; she made business class bearable.

Today was the last day before winter break & we were both taking the same final. I wanted to muster all I had to ask for her number without sounding awkward after class but, I finished early and had to study for my next exam. I waited a few minutes out the hall, but when she exited the classroom she looked like she was in a hurry so I made a few silly comment about the test and said goodbye.

Disappointed, I left to study & take my math final. Hours later as I get ready to leave I noticed a slip on my windshield. I'm thinking "F*** it's either a ticket, or someone hit my car again"

It was a note from her with a phone number, I just smiled. That made my day.

That's damn cute

So I'm new to dating as I've just got out of a long relationship.Thought I'd give online dating a go as I'm in a new city and don't really know anyone so I downloaded POF. Got about 30 "wants to meet me" and around 10 matchess which I thought was pretty good but I've messaged about 5 people and no one bothered to reply even though they matched? Also had a couple of girls message me but they put so little effort into the conversation I dropped them - If they're that boring online they're probably even worse in person right?

Kind of considering just deleting it and doing it the old fashioned way, got a number off one girl last night while I was out with my new housemates but I was quite drunk and don't really remember her that well..

I guess I'm just here to rant a little and ask if online dating is actually worth it for guys?
Can be quite opposite. Great on text, rubbish in person, vice versa.

Going on a date with the 19 year old tonight. Again, I'm 23. Got a few raised eyebrows at work. Thing is, I'm pretty young looking. Still made me worry a bit.

Can only see!

4 years ain't shit.

My last gf was 15 years younger than me.

You'll get over it.

Don't listen to the haters; dudes be jealous and ladies be hypocrites.

This is pretty much everyone's first immediate experience with online dating.

Is it worth it? If you're willing to put in the effort, then yes, it can be extremely worth it.

Write a clever, fun, unique profile. Get great pictures of yourself, showcasing you're an interesting, exciting, social person. Send engaging, but brief, messages to new people you're interested in. Lock-in actual dates ASAP. Don't prolong the messaging process. And don't take any of it personally if things don't work out. Reflect, and then move on to the next message. Filtering through flakes and people you aren't compatible with is just part of the process.

Resources to help you with these things are in this thread, the Online Dating thread, and all over the internet.

Online dating is a long-term investment, depending on what you're looking for. Supplement it with meeting new people in real-life, too - as you seem to be doing.

I'm not a fan of POF. Try Tinder and OkCupid. Have always had much better results with those two apps.

AdanVC

The story of the two depressive humans

Just as an update, when I finished posting my story in this thread. She wrote me, and we talked for a couple hours... and everything end up (unfortunately) as always... With the exception that her excuse to dissapear this time was that she got in shock because her best friend was pregnant but unfortunately, she lost the baby due to baby's heart complications. I didn't even knew she had a best friend that was pregnant despite talking about our friends several times already... but anyway, despite of that, I just couldn't tell her anything of what I was planning to said with that terrible situation of her best friend on her back so we spend a couple hours talking about that instead.

We were in the middle of the conversation when she suddenly got offline and leaved me there... Nightime is usually were I'm the most active, doing productive stuff/personal projects and illustrations so the fact she suddenly gets offline like that truly pissed me off last night because I didn't get anything done for talking to her instead only so that she ends up suddenly going offline like that...

Then, early this morning, she send me a long ass message telling me sorry for getting offline last night...because she fell asleep. Up to right now, I still haven't answered (and I always answer to her right away). What's the point of answer her if she then is going to dissapear for 3 or 4 days again only to reappear and the saaaaaaaaaaaaaame old and annoying story will be repeated over and over again. I'm done. It truly feels like she doesn't respect my time and I'm not getting anything productive done because of it. I think the answer of what to do with this situation is pretty damn obvious now.

If you didn't have her fb profile, I'd suspect she was a dude or morbidly obese. Regardless, the situation is bogus. You'll never meet her. Cut your losses and move on. In the future, do not let meet-ups take more than a week, maybe 2 tops.

Yeah : / It sucks because I cannot even get to meet and see other girls on Tinder because I'm still commited with her, despite we're not even into serious relationship yet!

Dude, end this. This is the beginning of every episode of Catfish. She doesn't respect you or your time. But you continue to stay and interact with her because you're desperate to be with her. This will never turn into anything. If you can't get an in-person date within a couple of weeks, move on.

How much time and energy have you invested into this person? And how much more are you willing to give? No relationship should start on such a twisted note.

I think you're right, I used to go out with other girls before her that I've met from Tinder after a few days of chatting. None of them turned into something to look forward but yeah, I get your point. I also gotta admit I've been spending way too much time on her and it sucks that despite of all the time and energy, nothing seems to improve, such an exaggerated way to get into a relationship, it shouldn't be this damn difficult :((( But then, I have always had the worst luck ever when it comes to relationship so I'm not surprised anymore : /

Yeah : / It sucks because I cannot even get to meet and see other girls on Tinder because I'm still commited with her, despite we're not even into serious relationship yet.

But then, I have always had the worst luck ever when it comes to relationship so I'm not surprised anymore : /

You've never met her. You're not in a relationship, serious or otherwise. You don't have terrible luck; you make questionable choices.

You already know what to do.

Yeah : / It sucks because I cannot even get to meet and see other girls on Tinder because I'm still commited with her, despite we're not even into serious relationship yet!

Waaaah.

You are in a prison of your own making and there isn't even a lock on the door.

Learn your lessons and walk the fuck out.

gaiages

Banned
I'm listening to this TED Talk about this guy going for 100 days asking completely ridiculous things and seeing the results... Basically using his '100 days of rejection' to desensitize himself to the pain of the word no. While not all of it applies directly to dating (I do not recommend asking someone "why not" if they reject you), I still think it's a good listen for people that fear rejection.

http://pca.st/ONrb

Just as an update, when I finished posting my story in this thread. She wrote me, and we talked for a couple hours... and everything end up (unfortunately) as always... With the exception that her excuse to dissapear this time was that she got in shock because her best friend was pregnant but unfortunately, she lost the baby due to baby's heart complications. I didn't even knew she had a best friend that was pregnant despite talking about our friends several times already... but anyway, despite of that, I just couldn't tell her anything of what I was planning to said with that terrible situation of her best friend on her back so we spend a couple hours talking about that instead.

We were in the middle of the conversation when she suddenly got offline and leaved me there... Nightime is usually were I'm the most active, doing productive stuff/personal projects and illustrations so the fact she suddenly gets offline like that truly pissed me off last night because I didn't get anything done for talking to her instead only so that she ends up suddenly going offline like that...

Then, early this morning, she send me a long ass message telling me sorry for getting offline last night...because she fell asleep. Up to right now, I still haven't answered (and I always answer to her right away). What's the point of answer her if she then is going to dissapear for 3 or 4 days again only to reappear and the saaaaaaaaaaaaaame old and annoying story will be repeated over and over again. I'm done. It truly feels like she doesn't respect my time and I'm not getting anything productive done because of it. I think the answer of what to do with this situation is pretty damn obvious now.

I think you're right, I used to go out with other girls before her that I've met from Tinder after a few days of chatting. None of them turned into something to look forward but yeah, I get your point. I also gotta admit I've been spending way too much time on her and it sucks that despite of all the time and energy, nothing seems to improve, such an exaggerated way to get into a relationship, it shouldn't be this damn difficult :((( But then, I have always had the worst luck ever when it comes to relationship so I'm not surprised anymore : /

96421-Wtf-Are-You-Doing-Cat.gif

Just end it, dude. Move on.

artsi

Just as an update

Dude please, listen to advice people have given here. You'll be better off when you decide to forget her and focus on women that are actually interested in meeting you.

I know it's not easy because you're so emotionally invested in this woman, but you still need to make that decision for your own sake.

Keep going man! It sucks until it doesn't. Two weeks ago I was cursing Tinder to hell and now I'm just smiling because I met this awesome girl who also is head over heels for me.

You need to get lucky only once. Who knows if the next match is the love of your life?

Of course you can increase your chances by putting up good photos and an interesting bio.
In online dating world you need to attract them somehow before you get a chance to show your true self.

Does it really matter? It's been six months. Either she doesn't want to meet or she's incapable of meeting. Given how it's actively hurting his dating life, he shouldn't wait around for "what if' with her.

Exactly. It's been almost half a year. It ain't happening.

I hate the "maybe" or "not right now" responses to asking someone out.

I tend to get too hopeful and while not on Adan's level I still hang on for a while after.

Then when I stop hanging around and start seeing someone is when they finally say they're ready. SMH.

Does it really matter? It's been six months. Either she doesn't want to meet or she's incapable of meeting. Given how it's actively hurting his dating life, he shouldn't wait around for "what if' with her.

Didn't we have someone here recently with a 10 year online relationship that never met? That post made me banderas.gif

gaiages

Banned
Didn't we have someone here recently with a 10 year online relationship that never met? That post made me banderas.gif

no no no, he wanted the relationship but didn't have it, the lady with in a LDR with another person she never met! And he talked to her two hours a day and if he didn't she would throw a fit! And he totally dated other people but it never worked out, can't imagine why! Because all of this makes for a perfectly normal relationship!!

...I really need another pastime for my downtime work hours...

Ron Mexico

I barely post in here, usually spending my time in the equally maddening finance threads, but just another suggestion-- the ZackieChan Rule (Theorem?) belongs in the OT.

If you've written a novel-length explanation about someone you've never even met, you've put more of yourself into that post than the other person has ever done for you. Some of these posts took longer to write than my first marriage.

Otherwise, thanks all for the distractions when I'm at work....or the times where I should be working from home and leave GAF up instead.

I would say that the rule is about writing that much about someone you haven't yet had sex with (or at least kissed). Haven't met...that's on another level.

So she turned out to be more interesting, funny, and likable than most older people I know. Honestly one of the best dates I've ever been on.

We met at 8 and talked for literally four hours straight. We ended up being kicked out of the bar we were in long after they closed. Seeing her again I think. Just went so well.

She's also absolutely gorgeous, and said I had a "Chris Evans" vibe... She also wears glasses, but that's not the point...

Afrocious

Did like 20-25 swipes on Tinder today. First time doing that in a week or two. Kind of not interested in dating at all but wouldn't mind company of a woman.

artsi

I just sent the girl a good morning text to make up for yesterday, I always wonder how she responds so damn quick.
It's like her brain doesn't have the same barrier as me asking "is this thing I'm saying stupid" but she just immediately talks whatever she thinks both IRL and via text, lol.

But that's what I like about her, I'm the opposite and I think more about what I say so she kind of balances it out. I also like honest, straight talk more than all these games dating is today.

So she turned out to be more interesting, funny, and likable than most older people I know. Honestly one of the best dates I've ever been on.

We met at 8 and talked for literally four hours straight. We ended up being kicked out of the bar we were in long after they closed. Seeing her again I think. Just went so well.

She's also absolutely gorgeous, and said I had a "Chris Evans" vibe... She also wears glasses, but that's not the point...

That sounds great man!

Honestly, the people who decry younger women as immature and not worth dating are pretty crazy. I've met plenty of mature women who are younger than me. It's a silly stereotype, tbh. Glad you had a good time!

I wish I had a Chris Evans vibe...I've got more of a Paul Giamatti thing going.

M52B28

Banned
It's like I've forgotten how to show emotion.

A woman that adores me has been consistently mentioning how funny I am to her and how much she likes me. I acknowledge the fact, but I gave her a straight faced, no response nod and turn to continue my work.

Honestly, I feel like I can't communicate emotions even though they are warranted. It's either I'm too mellow or in my head to give an appropriate response, or I laugh it off.

This is how things for me fall apart. I was a bit cold and callous to the Swedish girl I've mentioned posts ago. I think she caught a sign that I wasnt interesting in her anymore because I rarely express anything to her without her having to ask or initiate. I've done some other stupid things as well.

A while back, a girl I know got frustrated with me and called me a emotionless robot. I feel that's too true right now.

TL;DR: I've forgotten how to show any romance related emotion.

Sorry for the blog. This is a problem I've had for a while and I can't get around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom