• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long am I supposed to wait before I ask for her number on tinder ? Or am I not supposed to ask for it ? I thought that after a while, especially when they agree to have a date, that you then ask for it.

Maybe these girls don't like it or what but to me everything is going good, yes to date. Ok can I have your number ? Then that's it.

They never reply back. I'm trying to use tinder to actually go on dates but maybe I joined to late because of hook ups/ one night stands that probably most women think is going to happen when you use the app.

My bad luck continues

That's weird. Usually you get the number first, and then agree on a date. Of course you should expect their number if they have already agreed on a date.

Salamando

How long am I supposed to wait before I ask for her number on tinder ? Or am I not supposed to ask for it ? I thought that after a while, especially when they agree to have a date, that you then ask for it.

Maybe these girls don't like it or what but to me everything is going good, yes to date. Ok can I have your number ? Then that's it.

They never reply back. I'm trying to use tinder to actually go on dates but maybe I joined to late because of hook ups/ one night stands that probably most women think is going to happen when you use the app.

My bad luck continues

Fuck "bad luck". That's just removing agency from the situation and placing blame on something nonexistent.

People use Tinder more for dates than hookups nowadays, though I won't comment on it's reputation in your slice of the world. It is prone to flakes and ghosts. The easier a dating site is to sign up for, the higher the odds you'll meet people not serious about meeting up. If you can't get any dates out of any dating apps, the apps aren't the problem.

I've gone on dates without getting the number before, but OKC has a more stable app. Whether texting or app, I had a constant direct line to their phone. If you're asking for their number and they ghost, they weren't that interested.

My bad luck continues

I met me fiancée on tinder. Lots of people were starting to use tinder to find dates when I was last on there and I can only assume that's gone up. Users getting older, starting to want something more serious, etc.

But there are a lot of flakes on tinder, just as there will be on any free dating websites. You just have to roll with it. If you want to get more serious, consider using a paid for site to find someone? Match is supposed to be well regarded.

I find that reading this thread can kill FOMO pretty fast.

4 dates before becoming exclusive isn't unheard of. Don't feel rushed into anything, but this time of year is usually when you meet up with friends and family and the inevitable "so are you seeing anyone" questions come up. Suppose she invites you to a family gathering; are you Aya's friend, or something more?

And the defense lawyer... seems like you just want to be friends and she wants something more? I know you're not exclusive with Aya and one should date other people beforehand, but it seems unfair to her that your expectations do not line up with hers. If in doubt, clear up the situation before you meet.

Well, this resolved itself. Just finished date #4 with Aya last night and we're exclusive now. I asked ("I'm not seeing anyone else right now and I don't want to").

It's to the point where it's nauseatingly cute ("I love waking up next to you"). I know, I know. Lawyer girl was supposed to be in town this weekend and I told her to let me know what she was up to, but thankfully winter intervened and it's frosty as shit outside.

This thread really is great for killing FOMO, though. But it feels so weird to be in something comfortable and promising. Usually I'm leading the shitshow from the front, not watching from the sidelines.

Xun

Edit: Got a response from her and we'll be meeting up tomorrow.
The date went well, although I got called sweet in a text she sent after? My instincts tell me that's not a good sign, but maybe I'm just overthinking it as usual. What she sent to me is viewable by quoting this post.

It's also worth noting that she's going back to the States for Christmas, hence how she ended it.

The date went well, although I got called sweet in a text she sent after? My instincts tell me that's not a good sign, but maybe I'm just overthinking it as usual. What she sent to me is viewable by quoting this post.

It's also worth noting that she's going back to the States for Christmas, hence how she ended it.

Think about the date, not the text. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with being called sweet. Just play it cool, make sure you find stuff to do over the holidays (what are your plans, anyway?), and send her a cute .gif of a puppy in a Santa hat or something on Christmas Eve and ping her when she's about to get back to set something up for a follow-on date.

So being a short guy, she just asked me for my height >_> I'm kind of dreading telling her that I'm 5'3" :(

There's nothing else but to tell her truthfully, right?

gaiages

Banned

....what exactly is wrong with being told you're sweet?

Tell her, then ask her how much she weighs.

Oh jesus

Ezduo

Banned
Quick question: got in a fight over my ex sleeping with my best friend behind my back. Been going on for months and they both lied to me multiple times about it and both contend they did nothing wrong. Keep in mind this is after I told both of them I was uncomfortable with them being together and told them both I still had feelings for my ex I was working through. I'm in the process of cutting both from my life.

Overreaction or neccesary?

Quick question: got in a fight over my ex sleeping with my best friend behind my back. Been going on for months and they both lied to me multiple times about it and both contend they did nothing wrong. Keep in mind this is after I told both of them I was uncomfortable with them being together and told them both I still had feelings for my ex I was working through. I'm in the process of cutting both from my life.

Your ex did wrong, but not much: she (seemingly) cut all ties from you. The lying's suspect, of course. However, your best friend isn't a friend at all, so cut all ties from him.

Move on; you deserve better people in your life.

Use this to ensure you get over your feelings for your ex, though.

Ezduo

Banned
Your ex did wrong, but not much: she (seemingly) cut all ties from you. The lying's suspect, of course. However, your best friend isn't a friend at all, so cut all ties from him.

Move on; you deserve better people in your life.

Use this to ensure you get over your feelings for your ex, though.
Sounds about were I landed. I'm moving to a new state to be with family and start over, blocked the friend in every capacity I could think of and told my ex to call me if she's ever in trouble but that until I've completely moved on to not talk to me or expect me to contact her. I had originally planned to block her too but fuck, I know my exfriend is going to hurt her and I'm still not ready to never talk to her again. Maybe in a few years we can still be friends....is that dangerous to think that way? The friend is done though, no hard feelings for dropping that selfish piece of shit like a bad habit. If I ever run into him in a dark alley he's getting the shit beat out of him. First words out of his mouth when I confronted him: "I didn't know I was supposed to tell you." This coming from a guy who had his girl cheat on him with his best friend. What a fucking fool.

Sounds about were I landed. I'm moving to a new state to be with family and start over, blocked the friend in every capacity I could think of and told my ex to call me if she's ever in trouble but that until I've completely moved on to not talk to me or expect me to contact her. I had originally planned to block her too but fuck, I know my exfriend is going to hurt her and I'm still not ready to never talk to her again. Maybe in a few years we can still be friends....is that dangerous to think that way? The friend is done though, no hard feelings for dropping that selfish piece of shit like a bad habit. If I ever run into him in a dark alley he's getting the shit beat out of him. First words out of his mouth when I confronted him: "I didn't know I was supposed to tell you." This coming from a guy who had his girl cheat on him with his best friend. What a fucking fool.

It's dangerous to think that way, yes. And nothing's really worth attacking your ex-friend either: you and your ex weren't together, and no one cheated on anyone. That said, he proved himself to be an absolutely shitty friend and not worth your time, just like your ex did. There's no point in pursuing friendship with her, because we all know what pursuing friendship with exes is code for.

You're moving to a new state, so just cut these people from your life. You can do better.

Salamando

As if he believes that. If he believed he was doing nothing wrong, he wouldn't have lied repeatedly about it.

Ezduo

Banned
There's no point in pursuing friendship with her, because we all know what pursuing friendship with exes is code for.
Hah! You asshole, you're reading me like a book. I won't lie, I've already thought about coming back after a time when she's bored with my friend and proving to her I'm better than he could ever hope to be.

Lawd. Why couldn't she have fucked anyone else....literally. ANYONE ELSE. Fuck em. You're right. Besides she's just dumb and crazy enough to stay with him regardless. Wanna know how I caught them? I found a handwritten note where she bitched him out for sleeping with other girls and that she was moving away and that she never wanted to talk to him again. Last I saw them they were in the same bed "platonically" sleeping together. Fucking nuts man.

For those interested, she's a few inches shorter than me (like my ex). She's five feet tall and I'm 5'3". She at least admits that I'm taller than her! Yay. Now..... How should I ask her out and where can I take her? (talking to myself).

Xun

Think about the date, not the text. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with being called sweet. Just play it cool, make sure you find stuff to do over the holidays (what are your plans, anyway?), and send her a cute .gif of a puppy in a Santa hat or something on Christmas Eve and ping her when she's about to get back to set something up for a follow-on date.
Thanks, I'll just keep things light.

She'll unfortunately be busy for most of January though (lots of visits), so chances are I doubt we'd be able to meet much (if at all) for most of that time.

....what exactly is wrong with being told you're sweet?
Nothing whatsoever, I'm just overthinking again and jumping to the conclusion of it being similar to being called a "nice guy".

I have to ask, why cut your best friend out of your life?

I can see your point of view of being angry that they were having sex, but you were broken up and while you're free to still have feelings for your ex, you don't have any right to tell them who they can sleep and if you feel comfortable or not with them having sex with someone.

I think you need to get over your feelings, grow up a little bit and stop overreacting. Cutting your best friend out of your life is an unnecessary overreaction.

As if he believes that. If he believed he was doing nothing wrong, he wouldn't have lied repeatedly about it.

He lied because he knew the poster was still upset and had feelings for her. It doesn't seem malicious in its intent, more like a comforting lie to not hurt the poster any more.

The issue is with the poster and their inability to move on. He's now lashing out and very likely has feelings of betrayal when he has no right to do so.

Salamando

He lied because he knew the poster was still upset and had feelings for her. It doesn't seem malicious in its intent, more like a comforting lie to not hurt the poster any more.

The issue is with the poster and their inability to move on. He's now lashing out and very likely has feelings of betrayal when he has no right to do so.

It depends on how long the ex has been the ex, and how they broke up. There's a point where it'll hurt your friend if you hook up with their ex.

Poster does need to move on though. All that "I want to go back with her and prove I'm better than he could ever hope to be" is all kinds of fucked up.

M52B28

Banned
I have to ask, why cut your best friend out of your life?

I can see your point of view of being angry that they were having sex, but you were broken up and while you're free to still have feelings for your ex, you don't have any right to tell them who they can sleep and if you feel comfortable or not with them having sex with someone.

I think you need to get over your feelings, grow up a little bit and stop overreacting. Cutting your best friend out of your life is an unnecessary overreaction.

This is pretty much my mind in words.

Get over yourself.

It depends on how long the ex has been the ex, and how they broke up. There's a point where it'll hurt your friend if you hook up with their ex.

Poster does need to move on though. All that "I want to go back with her and prove I'm better than he could ever hope to be" is all kinds of fucked up.

I've always seen the time excuse as a bit of a cop out. For all we know she checked out of the relationship long before things actually came to an end, so the time from break up to new relationship for her is different to the poster. I feel that's something that always gets lost in cases where one person moved on just a few days/weeks later.

As for the other posts. Yeah, I honestly can't be bothered to go over those. I'm having a chill Sunday. All I'll say is...the comments about beating up the 'best friend', calling his ex dumb and crazy (so this wasn't an issue while they were dating?) and coming back to prove to a dumb and crazy ex how good his is compared to his 'best friend?'

Pathetic and highlights how he's going to have major issues getting over this break up, primarily because he's blaming everyone but himself.

I've always seen the time excuse as a bit of a cop out. For all we know she checked out of the relationship long before things actually came to an end, so the time from break up to new relationship for her is different to the poster. I feel that's something that always gets lost in cases where one person moved on just a few days/weeks later.

As for the other posts. Yeah, I honestly can't be bothered to go over those. I'm having a chill Sunday. All I'll say is...the comments about beating up the 'best friend', calling his ex dumb and crazy (so this wasn't an issue while they were dating?) and coming back to prove to a dumb and crazy ex how good his is compared to his 'best friend?'

Pathetic and highlights how he's going to have major issues getting over this break up, primarily because he's blaming everyone but himself.

I usually agree with you, and I don't necessarily disagree with you. But the poster's moving across the country, and to be honest, those friendships were going to decline anyway. I still think the best friend was shitty about things due to duplicity (but we're only getting one side of the story, of course), but my gut reaction is for him to focus on building new friendships wherever he's moving rather than linger in the past.

If this is something he and his buddy can laugh about five years from now ("Dude, remember when we were both hung up on Nicki? God, we were fucking idiots"), all the better.

Recreat3

Sounds positive if you ask me. The last girl that called me sweet is my current girlfriend haha. Her also saying she will be on touch is a positive sign.

Lulubop

Got picked up by a girl at a bar last night during the gaf meet up. She was pretty dope and really pretty, already have plans for Thursday.

Had a nice date tonight with the gf and her sister. I'm domesticated as fuck now.

I turned down an 11pm "What are you doing tonight?" text from hot lawyer. Good thing we had that exclusivity talk. Aya accidentally left her necklace at my place. I'm actively missing her.

Got picked up by a girl at a bar last night during the gaf meet up. She was pretty dope and really pretty, already have plans for Thursday.

So, what's her GAF username?

Lulubop

Haha, unaffiliated.

Give me a pick up line as I walked by but I didn't really here it. Follow Gafer Grey Matter was behind me and did hear it however. What a bro.

I usually agree with you, and I don't necessarily disagree with you. But the poster's moving across the country, and to be honest, those friendships were going to decline anyway. I still think the best friend was shitty about things due to duplicity (but we're only getting one side of the story, of course), but my gut reaction is for him to focus on building new friendships wherever he's moving rather than linger in the past.

If this is something he and his buddy can laugh about five years from now ("Dude, remember when we were both hung up on Nicki? God, we were fucking idiots"), all the better.

I'd always place a best friend relationship above a romantic one, but it seems they either weren't best friends or he's just lashing out.

Either way, I believe friendships are harder to come by than relationships. Maybe not what some want to hear, but relationships come and go over the tiniest of misunderstandings, but a good, solid friendship with someone you consider a best friend..that's much harder to find.

As you said though, new city, new opportunities.

Jhoan

So, what's her GAF username?

It's me. Her GAF username Jhoana with an A in the end but she hasn't made an account yet.;)

Million dollar question: In a world where regular posters are taking themselves off the market, might this be The One for Lulubop? Find out next time on Days of Our Lulubopping Lives..

gaiages

Banned
As the dating GAF regulars entering steady relationships, I wonder who will be the ones to take up the banner of the Hot GAF Bachelors? I mean we still got vern, but who else? Kurtofan? Jason?

As the dating GAF regulars entering steady relationships, I wonder who will be the ones to take up the banner of the Hot GAF Bachelors? I mean we still got vern, but who else? Kurtofan? Jason?

Time for gaiages to make a new Relationship Age |OT| Careful What You Wish For, so we can all hang out there.

Ray Wonder got this. Jason too, if his nipples stopped burning.

I volunteer as tribute.

Oh wait, you said hot.

Unless dad bods who can lift weights count.

Still though, happy to see you all getting cuffed for the holidays.

Still trying to get past the first date but things are chill with that one girl who wasn't looking to date just yet so I've been kind of lazy in terms of searching for a deeper relationship.

I'm content for the most part but would like some more physicality.

voodoowoolf

Neo Member
Think I'm going to jump back on tinder, I met a beautiful woman but think she going to get back with her ex. Tinder is so dope for my generation, bad breakup? Tinder! want some company? Tinder! It's really shallow but sometimes a dog just needs some ass. hahaha

Jhoan

My Reggie Watts mane brings all the girls to the yard and they're like it's better than yours. I like romantic walks along the piers of Manhattan, draw people in the subway, disarm people with my command of the Spanish language, and melt people's hearts with my good penmanship. Oh wait, except that I'm on the Online-Dating side of the coin since I lurk in this thread a ton so I guess that disqualifies me from running.
unlike you guys, i've successfully ruined every relationship i had
I think you're being too hard on yourself man. I've been on so many dates this year that ended up leading nowhere or seemed promising but I wasn't too interested. Looking back, I have a couple of regrets but then I've also realized that I'm more experienced than I was a year ago. I'm sill dating despite the hardships, the cynicism that's been instilled in me, the countless conversations about work, passions, and background; despite the fact that it might feel like a chore for me at times. But in the end of the day, I'm putting myself out there which is way more than any self-pitying guy who hasn't been on a single date can say.

In order to grow and change, we need to learn from our failures/past experiences. Nobody is ever going to be perfect and no relationship is ever 100% perfect but you can apply your past experiences to future ones. I understand that you're burned out by dating since I go through that at times but in the end day, you're still human and want the same basic things that everyone else wants. Besides, any girl who doesn't at least respect a guy who does cosplay, isn't worth your time. ;)

Ashby

Hey, guys. Guess I'll be joining you for a minute now. Broke up with my college girlfriend of 4 years about a week ago now and I'm pretty much already itching to get back on the horse. Not gonna set up an OkCupid profile, don't want something serious right now but I would like to get somebody to hang with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom