• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtofan

As the dating GAF regulars entering steady relationships, I wonder who will be the ones to take up the banner of the Hot GAF Bachelors? I mean we still got vern, but who else? Kurtofan? Jason?

i'm flattered you guys still remember me

i have a student job now, helping my fellow students in the computer room, i met a cute girl or two there but nothing happened, one I thought was into me, but maybe she was just super outgoing because she never came back

also it's almost a year since my first relationship yeaaaaah

vern

As the dating GAF regulars entering steady relationships, I wonder who will be the ones to take up the banner of the Hot GAF Bachelors? I mean we still got vern, but who else? Kurtofan? Jason?

😌 I'll probably pull a zackiechan soon as well. Keep having those feelings that I'm tired of dating. If I decide to settle in one city at some point then I'll get a steady girl. Plus every time I come to the USA I always get questions from family about love life and why I don't bring a girl back with me to visit... hopefully next time I can surprise everyone with a +1.

Armadilo

Banned
What happened?

Going to start 2017 fresh, new job, new town, new college. Literally all fresh and everything at the start of 2017.

Going to go in 2017 with a better mentality. In 2016 I tried but basically a lot of failure. When I did something wrong, I tried to improve for the next time.

I was hoping that I would get a date to go see star wars, using that as some type of goal benchmark for this year, But couldn't, so screw it. I'm going to enjoy it myself. I need to become a Man and eventually a woman will take interest in me.

2017 will be my best year, no doubt. I'll keep getting out of comfort zone and the continued journey to becoming a man that I want to become. I believe.

artsi

Had another wonderful night + day + night with the girl. Had fun and did a lot of stuff.
We also "accidentally" bumped into her sister when we were going out to eat, lol.

Of course I always liked her, but this time when I left she gave me the tightest hug and said "I'm going to miss you so much" in such a way my heart was fucking stolen.

Already made plans to spend new years eve with her, we'll also see right before christmas when she goes to see her family.

Whelp, this is it. Tinder is gone now, hope I won't see it again for a long time.

BlackJace

Going to start 2017 fresh, new job, new town, new college. Literally all fresh and everything at the start of 2017.

Going to go in 2017 with a better mentality. In 2016 I tried but basically a lot of failure. When I did something wrong, I tried to improve for the next time.

I was hoping that I would get a date to go see star wars, using that as some type of goal benchmark for this year, But couldn't, so screw it. I'm going to enjoy it myself. I need to become a Man and eventually a woman will take interest in me.

2017 will be my best year, no doubt. I'll keep getting out of comfort zone and the continued journey to becoming a man that I want to become. I believe.

That's the spirit, I think you'll do great!

Xun

I'm certainly not looking to settle down just yet, contrary to how it may look.

gaiages

Banned
Had another wonderful night + day + night with the girl. Had fun and did a lot of stuff.
We also "accidentally" bumped into her sister when we were going out to eat, lol.

Of course I always liked her, but this time when I left she gave me the tightest hug and said "I'm going to miss you so much" in such a way my heart was fucking stolen.

Already made plans to spend new years eve with her, we'll also see right before christmas when she goes to see her family.

Whelp, this is it. Tinder is gone now, hope I won't see it again for a long time.

Yay, congrats :3

I know you're probably talking about getting rid of tinder because you are dating someone now, but I uninstalled Tinder for the moment. Got zero dates from that...

She's messaged me 4 times over the past three days.

Two completely non starter messages, then she wanted a ride from me tonight (she's currently without a car, etc) when she had not initiated any form of hanging out before now and then she threw in "I can hang out a bit too"

So you only want to hang out with me when you need a ride? You don't want to hang out when I'm free?

Ignored.

I'm tired of women using me for favors or thinking I'm soft.

Now if you all think I'm misreading this, let me know but to me, she wanted a ride, she probably would be texting some other guy as I pick her and I'd just basically be her uber for the night.

Fuck that.

I have ignored her multiple times now but she's still trying to message me.

Do I just cut ties or wait for her to take the hint?

I don't wanna unfriend her because that's a dick move but I'm getting nothing here...

Damerman

Two completely non starter messages, then she wanted a ride from me tonight (she's currently without a car, etc) when she had not initiated any form of hanging out before now and then she threw in "I can hang out a bit too"

So you only want to hang out with me when you need a ride? You don't want to hang out when I'm free?
Fw-pqm.gif

cut it off.

Ignored.

Now if you all think I'm misreading this, let me know but to me, she wanted a ride, she probably would be texting some other guy as I pick her and I'd just basically be her uber for the night.

Fuck that.

I don't wanna unfriend her because that's a dick move but I'm getting nothing here...

> Ignore
> Profit

If she wants a ride she can call an Uber.

Yep, give her a referral code too so you get a kickback.

She gonna play that way, you can play that way too.

#HolidaySnapBack

Me personally though, I wouldn't even bother. The snark just give em moral satisfaction. When someone needs something from me I'm way more likely to give it to them when they just get straight to the point. Don't try and butter me up and shit, like I'm stupid lolol

When someone needs something from me I'm way more likely to give it to them when they just get straight to the point. Don't try and butter me up and shit, like I'm stupid lolol

Yeah I've had too many friends do that to me. Too many girls who have done that too.

I mean, if you're cute and I think I have a shot you should see what I'll do to impress you.

But once I find out you just wanted something that's the end of that unless it's quid pro quo.

I don't mind doing favors but like, let's be honest about it.

Damerman

#HolidaySnapBack

Me personally though, I wouldn't even bother. The snark just give em moral satisfaction.

i agree with this. give her that ride she asked for just this once, and if she wants to hang out while you are giving her a ride, just be like you are busy... and then ignore her ass after doing her this favor.

Knew something was wrong, and that the "I need time to study for exams" seemed fishy coming from a girl that used to message incessantly and was always super enthusiastic about talking. 2 weeks and barely any talk was way too suspicious.

We went out and broke up while having sushi and beer, talking in a civilized matter. The distance, her work (and now the cold here in Canada) got in the way as she felt she wasn't putting enough into the relationship, she says she wants to be single for the next while. We had a great dinner nonethess, good talk and ended things amicably. There wasn't enough time in the relationship for me to be crushed, and those 2 weeks of "ghosting" already had me prepared for this.

So yeah, guess I'm back in the game boys.

Thank you, hope to figure this thing soon, also currently I just go to the gym but would like to take either boxing or some mna classes in 2017, good to learn something new

I think you'll do fine. Training in MMA (Jeet Kune Do and Filipino martial arts, actually) helped to give me the "swinging dick swagger" I mentioned before. Lets you keep your head up (before that I never looked people in the eye) and know that you can fuck up almost anyone you see. It's a good feeling. So I say do it. Just don't become one of those Rogan-type bros.

Ignored.

Fuck that.

Now you're learning, as I predicted you were just being used. Well done for holding the course and not getting taken advantage of again.

I'd not bock her, but just watch all the messages she sends from now to see how she trying to get you to do everything for her and use it as a learning experience in case other women try it with you again.

Mentally bock her.

Man x-mas sucks in this country. It's total couples holiday, tons of deals and promotions for couples who go to stores or restaurants this week til the 26th.

Been debating if I want to ask someone to hang out next weekend either as a friends thing or what but kinda eh on my options. Might stick with my plan of just chilling out alone this time and going at it again on new years. Does not help that my co-workers in the office push the new office girl on me who is nice but eh... And my students do the same with the lady I work with at school since we are the same age.

It's tempting and kinda fun to joke about while at work, but it is kinda getting to me now.

Salamando

i agree with this. give her that ride she asked for just this once, and if she wants to hang out while you are giving her a ride, just be like you are busy... and then ignore her ass after doing her this favor.
Tell her you can give her a ride if she rides your face afterwards. Best case: sex. Worst case: she never contacts you again.
I think you'll do fine. Training in MMA (Jeet Kune Do and Filipino martial arts, actually) helped to give me the "swinging dick swagger" I mentioned before. Lets you keep your head up (before that I never looked people in the eye) and know that you can fuck up almost anyone you see. It's a good feeling. So I say do it. Just don't become one of those Rogan-type bros.
Any constant exercise is a good source of swagger. You're proving to yourself, week after week, that you're better/faster/stronger than you were before. I did my first pull-up (ever!) this month, and I've been riding a high since!

daffy

Banned
Didn't see not one attractive person today smh. What's the best way to meet attractive people without going to a sleezy bar?

Do you guys every just take almost an entire day break from your SO. After hanging out for the last 2 days then barely text the next and just get your head back on straight.

It was a little nerve wracking but i gave her some space and owned mine and ended up with a great day. We exchange gifts tomorrow, i wonder what she got me.

Do you guys every just take almost an entire day break from your SO. After hanging out for the last 2 days then barely text the next and just get your head back on straight.

It was a little nerve wracking but i gave her some space and owned mine and ended up with a great day. We exchange gifts tomorrow, i wonder what she got me.

Well, not SO yet, but the girl I'm dating: we don't really text aside from setting up plans. We do touch base daily, but we don't sustain conversations. Those are left for in person. It's honestly really refreshing and let me enjoy my weekend decompressing.

Jokab

Me and my GF have a snapchat streak going on since the day we added eachother on snapchat which was about a week after our first date. So we always send a snap every day, and if we have nothing to text eachother we always say goodnight over text. We barely ever have any real conversations over text though, we see eachother often enough that it's just not useful.

I have a steady stream of dick pics going on. No words necessary

*10 year old mode kicks in* "Steady" pffft ahaha.

Well yeah like I said yesterday, broke up with the GF. Or rather she broke up with me. Perfect way to end a shit year (not scholarly or professionally, those are fine, just personally). I've set my Tinder page back up and I'm back in business. Not gonna let myself fall down because of this.

Rather than crying my eye balls out for everything that has been happening to me, as someone that is terribly negative and psychologically self destructive, I've decided to take a stance. Rise up from the ashes like a Phoenix and start my life anew.

Yes? It's one day and we both have separate lives... I don't think I would stay with someone if they made it a big deal. How long have you been together? Maybe if it's been years or you live together it's weird but if you live apart and have your own careers then it happens from time to time.

So the girl I'm dating right now is probably the most attractive, funny girl I've ever gone out with. We click amazingly well, she seems really into me, and we're having so much fun together.

The clincher; she goes back to University 100 miles away halfway through January. We haven't been going out long enough to discuss it, but I assume if we keep dating the next few weeks it'll come up whether we want this as a little holiday fun or something more permanent.

I know long distance engenders disaster, and the thought doesn't exactly fill me with optimism, but is it worth a try if this girl seems really special? Can't say I'd have bothered with any of the 7+ girls I've dated in the last two years (when it last came up with a girl moving to London, we took it as a "Done" straight up), but she seems worth the effort.

Should I at least give it a go?

So the girl I'm dating right now is probably the most attractive, funny girl I've ever gone out with. We click amazingly well, she seems really into me, and we're having so much fun together.

The clincher; she goes back to University 100 miles away halfway through January. We haven't been going out long enough to discuss it, but I assume if we keep dating the next few weeks it'll come up whether we want this as a little holiday fun or something more permanent.

I know long distance engenders disaster, and the thought doesn't exactly fill me with optimism, but is it worth a try if this girl seems really special? Can't say I'd have bothered with any of the 7+ girls I've dated in the last two years (when it last came up with a girl moving to London, we took it as a "Done" straight up), but she seems worth the effort.

Why wouldn't you? Sure, the odds aren't great, but what are your alternative choices? Drop her and start swiping on Tinder trying to find someone you like and vibe with half as much as her?

Ok so GAF. I did what you you shouldnt do, I fell in love with my exchange student. She is really beautiful. Just before she came, like 5 days before, she got a boyfriend. So I didnt want to be 'that guy' so I didnt keep eye contact for to long and avoided too much physical contact out of respect for him. I serioslu was so attracted I couldnt look into her eyes so long.She stayed with me for over a month. We got along really well. Well 6 months later I am now staying with her family, she had broken up with her bf just a few weeks after arriving back. So I am with her now. Sometimes she seems sad and doesnt make too much eye contact. Other times she just looks at me like I am the only guy in the world. She screenshotted a picture of me and her on my Snapchat Story and it is her Whatsapp profile pictue. What should I do?

Gaf a girl screenshotted my snapchat story of me and her (just me and her) and put it as her Whatsapp DP. Does she like me?

Same girl? You already got our advice. Different girl? Ask her out; you'll get your answer.

gaiages

Banned

I know you live in the UK, but 100 miles really isn't that far... Maybe a two hour drive? That isn't that bad at all. If she wants to try, might as well give it a shot :p

Solo

I've been doing long distance for the past 6 months (2.5 year relationship). It does suck. Unimaginably so. It will test your relationship. It is hard. But it is also doable. And in my case, the distance finally ends in 2 weeks when we will be living together again. But I will say this, if you aren't all in, if she isn't "the one", then I wouldn't advise doing long distance to anyone.

The Pope

Same girl? You already got our advice. Different girl? Ask her out; you'll get your answer.
Differant girl. Its the second time in two weeks lol. I think she is trying to one up the other girl. My max of. 40g of carb a day diet and workout routine the last 5 months has done me wonders. This time Im not sure if I like her, she is pretty and extremely nice but for the lack of a better word is unsohisticated despite being extremely rich. Goddammit I am so judgemental I need help.but hey atleast she is from my part of the world. We are part of the same foreign touring exchange group.
So I guess my question is if you are not sure about girl. Should you still ask her out.

I've been doing long distance for the past 6 months (2.5 year relationship). It does suck. Unimaginably so. It will test your relationship. It is hard. But it is also doable. And in my case, the distance finally ends in 2 weeks when we will be living together again. But I will say this, if you aren't all in, if she isn't "the one", then I wouldn't advise doing long distance to anyone.

Agreed.

Started out Long Distance (200km's away) for a year and had talked briefly if it continued to be serious where we would live. I had the career at the time, so she ended up moving to me, and we just got engaged after 3 years together.

The distance wasn't too bad at the start as we drove to see each other often, but by the end I was ready to end the relationship if we weren't going to live together because its just too hard on each of you. Not sure I could handle the distance coming after being together for a while though, that has got to be even tougher.

artsi

We have 60km between us, less than hour to each direction.

It's not bad, but she doesn't have a car right now so I'm doing most of the traveling.
My company has an office in her city, so maybe I will ask for transfer and move there if this gets serious enough.

(or just commute from there, train takes 30 minutes)

So I guess my question is if you are not sure about girl. Should you still ask her out.

You seem to have much better "odds" with this girl, even if you aren't super sure about her. You should ask her out and see where it goes. Worst case you don't go on a second date.

We have 60km between us, less than hour to each direction.

It's not bad, but she doesn't have a car right now so I'm doing most of the traveling.
My company has an office in her city, so maybe I will ask for transfer and move there if this gets serious enough.

(or just commute from there, train takes 30 minutes)

Holy hell, that's nothing. My daily commute to my office (in the same town) is 40 minutes.

[KoRp]Jazzman;226866653 said:
Agreed.
The distance wasn't too bad at the start as we drove to see each other often, but by the end I was ready to end the relationship if we weren't going to live together because its just too hard on each of you. Not sure I could handle the distance coming after being together for a while though, that has got to be even tougher.

All of the long distance relationships I've had ended due to that. The only way long distance works, IMO is if there's a clear definition of when the distance will be closed.

Most times we have the talk about it and neither of us want to budge, so we realize it's time to call it. Not a bad thing, but it does suck to realize you're both happy where you are and the relationship isn't enough to convince you to move one way or the other.

Solo

[QUOTE='[KoRp]Jazzman;226866653]

The distance wasn't too bad at the start as we drove to see each other often, but by the end I was ready to end the relationship if we weren't going to live together because its just too hard on each of you. Not sure I could handle the distance coming after being together for a while though, that has got to be even tougher.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely tough. We lived together for almost a year and a half before she moved out (she's just starting in her career and had to go where the work was for her - I'm moving there in 2 weeks to open up a new office for my company) so it was a big adjustment to go from seeing her everyday, having supper with her every day, waking up to her every day, to seeing eachother on weekends. I think what makes it the hardest is that everything gets magnified. Like, we rarely fought in the first 2 years (and rarely ever do when we are together), but we fought more these past 6 months because if something small happened that normally would blow over in a day, we both had a week apart to stew on it. Stuff like that.

Most times we have the talk about it and neither of us want to budge, so we realize it's time to call it. Not a bad thing, but it does suck to realize you're both happy where you are and the relationship isn't enough to convince you to move one way or the other.

Yeah, its that realization that something safe and easy isn't neccesarily good for you and you need to move on for both of your sakes. That seems to be where people have the problem realizing that and they get stuck in long term relationships that fail more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom