• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
I really hope we get Bryan Brock at Mania, or some point just so we can see this done to counter the F-5. Show off Bryan's submission side to try and prove he can out wrestle Brock. Make him go for a running knee on RAW or something, but Bryan just bounces off Brock and Brock only stumbles. So Bryan has to resort to outsmarting the bigger, stronger man. Go back to his roots and tap his ass out.

Bryan-Del-Rio-2.gif

God. I'm so hyped for wrestling again. Roster is stacked again, filling out really well, NXT guys on the horizon, hopefully that means a better women's division as well
lol :c
. Going into Rumble expecting Roman to win, but I'll be excited for any surprise should he not.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If Bryan doesn't win the Rumble and Roman does I honestly think he'll get career damaging heat from this .

Nah, everyone hated Batista. Roman will always have the fangirls and kids screaming "Let's Go Roman" just like the guy he's replacing on top. WWE seems more than comfortable with half the crowd booing their top face.

Nah, everyone hated Batista. Roman will always have the fangirls and kids screaming "Let's Go Roman" just like the guy he's replacing on top. WWE seems more than comfortable with half the crowd booing their top face.

I liked Batista..

yEV66j.gif

Echoing what others have said; Roman only got the reaction he did because Bryan was white hot, wasn't even in the rumble, people knew Batista was taking his place, hated Batista because of it, so when it was down to Roman and Tister, people chose the lesser of two evils.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the curb stomp might be one of the few protected moves in the WWE right now.

I imagine Cena has kicked out of it though. And probably Roman.

I think the curb stomp might be one of the few protected moves in the WWE right now.

I imagine Cena has kicked out of it though. And probably Roman.

The curb stomp is a genius move because for the people who can't believe a guy like Seth could destroy a Cena or a Roman with a slam or something can buy that stomping your full weight onto the back of someone's head and squashing it between your foot and the mat. Great move.

Batista was not at fault for the rumble mess.

People seemed happy for him being back till everyone started to catch on that he was taking D.Bry's role. Just the victim of oblivious booking, I can't believe they ever thought it would work.

Sephzilla

It's weird, a lot of people have finishers that are actually well protected right now. Maybe Ziggler's moveset consisting of multiple finishers that everyone kicks out of is the counter balance.

Sister Abigail seems pretty protected
The Accolade is super protected
Curb Stomp is protected
Roman's Spear is protected
Bryan's flying knee I don't think has been kicked out of

Down on NXT pretty much everyone's finisher is protected

strobogo

Banned
It's weird, a lot of people have finishers that are actually well protected right now. Maybe Ziggler's moveset consisting of multiple finishers that everyone kicks out of is the counter balance.

Curb Stomp is protected

Either Bateaster or Orton kicked out of it at WM. I think it was Orton.

You're probably right. I thought it was one of those "Bryan hit it and then took a fucking year to crawl over to Orton and pin him" kind of deals. I'm probably wrong though.

Hit the knee on Orton, Batista threw him out of the ring and scurried over to Orton. Minimal lag time, but eeeeeeh...

Hasney

I'd have to watch it again to be sure, but I thought Orton and Batista were saved from the pin from the knee each time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the one where Bryan wasn't pinning. I don't count that for some reason

Sephzilla

Doesn't count because it wasn't Bryan pinning, and it was many seconds after he hit it.

Hit the knee on Orton, Batista threw him out of the ring and scurried over to Orton. Minimal lag time, but eeeeeeh...

I believe the laws of wrestling dictate that this doesn't count since the magic of a finishing move is inherently lost when the person who did the finisher is not the one attempting the pin or when there's a significant delay between move and pin attempt.

Bryan's flying knee is still safe.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tensai beat Cena clean with the Baldo Bomb.

Yeah he misted him in the face, but that doesn't knock you out. And it's Cena, so I have to be lax with the rules.

Ithil

Curb Stomp is protected

Curiously enough despite his booking Cesaro's Neutralizer is super protected. No one has ever kicked out of it, and in any major match he lost, like against Cena, he didn't hit it.

Orton kicked out of Bryan's knee at WM 30, but I believe it was a mistimed pinfall and they meant to have a delay between the hit and Batista's pinfall. Otherwise it's been an instant kill move (example, Bryan kicked out of the pedigree in the match with Triple H, but H got pinned clean from one Knee).

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;145503328 said:
yeah I was about to say has there been a bigger misfire since?

...does batista count?~

Batista totally counts. His return run was one of the biggest misfires in a long time. Fans didn't welcome him back because he was taking someone else's spot who was massively over at the time and on top of that Batista wasn't even remotely in wrestling shape.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
¡HarlequinPanic!;145503328 said:
yeah I was about to say has there been a bigger misfire since?

...does batista count?~
Definitely, the Royal Rumble comes to mind. It's still amazing the amount of heat Rey got as #30 and when it came down to Roman and Batista the crowd backed Roman.
Got them Fergal and he's a great trainer for guys like Corbin. Definitley better than Erection. Solid win.
Ah, didn't know he was a trainer.

Also

FU not an acceptable name for a finishing move in PG WWE
Curb Stomp? Totally fine. VinKe Kennedy mKmahon

I think the Curb Stomp is actually called the Blackout
I wish I were kidding

D6mujap.gif

mUd7pDp.gif

I still remember cringing at the poor timing of having Seth curb stomp a black person on MLK day. Did nobody think things through at all..? Oh wait, they probably did.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Curb Stomp, Camel Clutch, Neutralizer, the Knee that Beat John Cena are all fairly well protected.

More moves than usual actually.

XenoRaven

I thought the Curb Stomp used to the Blackout but it was changed either because people like Curb Stomp more or because Blackout references Seth's name on the indies "Tyler Black".

I thought the Curb Stomp used to the Blackout but it was changed either because people like Curb Stomp more or because Blackout references Seth's name on the indies "Tyler Black".

I think it was just a case of people calling it what it is and it just kinda stuck as the curb stomp. It also seems more serious of a move because it doesn't have a silly name. It's just CURB STOMP. Like.. this dude is just going to stomp on your head. It's awesome.

Was everyone instructed to give Cena and Nikki wedgies on Raw?
VJMlwWp.gif

1419983654984.gif

I firmly believe the only reason Bryan's knee is still considered protected is because he hasn't been active since after WM.

I will enjoy it while it lasts, though.

Anth0ny

You want a serious answer for real? Also here is the breakdown you linked too.

hour 1: 3.174
hour 2: 3.476
hour 3: 3.726

Avg: 3.459

Basically everyone showed up in hour 3 which was basically the Daniel Bryan announcement and Seth Rollins threatening to kill a man. The first hour killed them though. Sucks for Ryback, Ziggler, Rusev and Lesnar who were in the first hour.

holy shit hour 3 was up

HOUR 3 WAS UP

Also Cesaro will be the joke elimination at the Rumble via El Torito.

Top Bottom