• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

strobogo

Banned
I was expecting a dq finish. Very good match though. Rollins has assumed the Daniel Bryan sport of the workhorse of the company.

Hopefully he doesn't have the same fate as Bryan for doing all these matches.

He had neck problems even before he made it to developmental.

RP912

Banned
You know Ziggly can actually cut a fucking promo...I seen his work throughout the years, especially him destroying Mick Foley a few years ago. I just don't understand why WWE tries to make him something he's not, when in fact he's a natural.

Sou Da

How is this whole gimmick not super racist?

I honestly didn't know that was WWE related until I looked up from my laptop. Also :lol at Vince caring whether or not anything involving a black wrestler is racist.

Wait was he literally shining shoes in that?

How is this whole gimmick not super racist?

beyond the sing songy black church stuff in the background, there isn't much stereotyping to it - although that's probably enough in the context of wrestling.

the lame is just that they've relegated the only 3 black actors on the roster except titus who i'm even aware of to this shitty sideshow gimmick that doesn't matter for anything when kofi is capable of putting on some good matches and i'm sure big e is too, haven't seen xavier. it's just...it feels like segregation or some less inflammatory word that means the same thing.

edit:

oh and r truth shows up while i'm typing that. i forgot about him, i figured he was old and kinda retired cos i heard he did things in that past.

UberTag

You know Ziggly can actually cut a fucking promo...I seen his work throughout the years, especially him destroying Mick Foley a few years ago. I just don't understand why WWE tries to make him something he's not, when in fact he's a natural.
That's the problem. If a guy gets over by being themselves then the WWE can't take credit for it.
They're only allowed to get over by being completely manufactured (unless they're in NXT).

gaiadyne

beyond the sing songy black church stuff in the background, there isn't much stereotyping to it - although that's probably enough in the context of wrestling.

the lame is just that they've relegated the only 3 black actors on the roster except titus who i'm even aware of to this shitty sideshow gimmick that doesn't matter for anything when kofi is capable of putting on some good matches and i'm sure big e is too, haven't seen xavier. it's just...it feels like segregation or some less inflammatory word that means the same thing.

you missed the guy who just won

dakun

I honestly didn't know that was WWE related until I looked up from my laptop. Also :lol at Vince caring whether or not anything involving a black wrestler is racist.

yeah.. like that promo where R-Truth was made to look like this illiterate idiot who can't spell conspiracy..

but it was funny.. you know.. black man.. can't spell.. you get it.. right??

Big One

Banned
I actually really thing Rose is a pretty damn solid performer in the ring...but they need to give him back the Leo Kruger gimmick.

Top Bottom