• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Daemul

His melee is probably going to be the most contentious thing. He has a very long-range attack when his melee skill is charged up. It's very hard to beat him in a melee fight from a distance. Warlocks should start getting used to engaging with melee early on. If they're not going up against another stormcaller in PvP he can win melee fights pretty easy

xKukpB0.gif

Nice to see that Bungie is fixing the terrible range and effect that the Warlock melee's currently have, amirite guys? It's not as if they currently get an overshield and can heal themselves with their melee.

Namikaze1

Instead of a Telltale game get Life is Strange asap!
I keep hearing good things about it. I may just do that but with MGSV coming out soon and TTK two weeks later, I'll hold off on doing so and wait for a sale.

the hammer dance is cool, but for 20 bucks? no
hell, I can do that for free in my living room, in my boxer shorts
yeah, the hammer dance is pretty cool but $20 is too much for what little you get.

VoG raid legendaries have a base attack of 248. TDB raid weapons start at 300.

Sorry - I was talking about the upgraded values - probably used the wrong lingo.

I meant the baseline difficulty of level 30 VoG is using fully levelled 300 ATK weapons and light level 30 armour (with a defense score of 200 or 300 or something).

So if they want to do new versions of it, or re-create the old version in the new system, then they will probably be aiming to replicate that kind of difficulty level?

deadduck

We aren't talking about the same thing.

Some people here have said they need to delete anything from their vault that isn't 42 light or 365 attack because they think your starting level on 9/15 is going to be determined by the average of ALL your gear (not just what you have equipped).

I was just helping clarify that this isn't the case. Your starting level on 9/15 is going to be determined by your best stuff, regardless of whether you have it equipped of not.

I see and agree.

Daemul

I would spend the $20 if it came with a free lap dance or something, but just emotes and other shit I won't use? Nah bruh.

VoG raid legendaries have a base attack of 248. TDB raid weapons start at 300.

regardless of upgrade, I have a feeling that all year one exotics and legendaries will have the same base stats going forward.they are all being dropped to level 20 status. and that value seems to be 160. Im sure I am wrong thuogh as it seems that teh Year one exotics still had damage and defense bubbles thuogh.
I really want to know what the cap is. The highest level gear I saw on the stream was 290 and that was level 40. I think the exotics were 260 or something.

regardless of upgrade, I have a feeling that all year one exotics and legendaries will have the same base stats going forward.they are all being dropped to level 20 status. and that value seems to be 160. Im sure I am wrong thuogh as it seems that teh Year one exotics still had damage and defense bubbles thuogh.
I really want to know what the cap is. The highest level gear I saw on the stream was 290 and that was level 40. I think the exotics were 260 or something.

I suppose the actual net effect wpnt be wprked out till we can test it out on release

Going to be very interesting times indeed

LTWood12

Sure. I was just saying what they're base levels actually were in year one. 160 seems to be the number for everything purple & gold from year one (except for the Vex and Nechrocasm at 172).

Love Destiny

Happy B-Day dude!

Hey Drizzay I'd still love to take you up on he newbie Skolas run next week when the modifiers get better. Probably the weekend would be the best for me to give enough time to get it all done.

Sure thing, shouldn't be a problem. I should be around next weekend.

Ultimately not that significant really (it only affects the wolfpack rounds); however, people are saying their goodbyes not because of the nerf but because Gjallarhorn doesn't appear to be one of the exotics they're "bringing forward" with a 2.0 version at TTK launch. It may return later on however.

WP rounds are the only thing that make GHorn OP. They put the baller in Ballerhorn, the horny is Gjallarhorny. The Horn nerf is about two unknowns now: how much will WP rounds be nerfed, and will GH eventually be brought forward to Year 2? Afaik they haven't specified the former and the Twitch stream left some ambiguity about the latter.

ocean

Banned
Sorry - I was talking about the upgraded values - probably used the wrong lingo.

I meant the baseline difficulty of level 30 VoG is using fully levelled 300 ATK weapons and light level 30 armour (with a defense score of 200 or 300 or something).

So if they want to do new versions of it, or re-create the old version in the new system, then they will probably be aiming to replicate that kind of difficulty level?
Resetting the damage output and intake wouldn't really make the Vault more interesting. Wouldn't make it worse either, but I mean it's not enough to just have us go do the same thing and call it a day.

I'd love to see them really mix it up. Raise the level and give us some modifiers. Or a time trial. Make it Epic (more enemies, more aggressive, they have shields) to make up for our newfound elemental buffing armor. Disable synth (like Crucible) and add Juggler to force teams to make every shot count (and spam Ice Breaker I Know). If you won't give me an upgraded Fatebringer at least mix up the chests so they can drop current Legendaries PoE treasure style. Chuck in some hardcore Raid bounties that pay 10-20k XP like "Defeat Templar without him Teleporting on Heroic" or "Defeat Crota with a single Sword".

There's a lot they can do with Raids to make them compelling without being forced to give us up to date Fatebringers and Visions of C. They just gotta think outside the box. Of course none of this will ever happen. But it would be super cool.

I'd love to see the Monthly Epic Raid below the Weekly Nightfall Strike on my Director, and grabbing Speaker bounties before heading there to wreck shit. Come out of it with a NF-ish rewards roll + chests inside dropping random mats/Legendaries.

E92 M3

Happy Birthday E92!

Edit: I'm now officially off on the 15th and 16th! TTK hype in full swing now.

Happy B-Day dude!

Sure thing, shouldn't be a problem. I should be around next weekend.

WP rounds are the only thing that make GHorn OP. They put the baller in Ballerhorn, the horny is Gjallarhorny. The Horn nerf is about two unknowns now: how much will WP rounds be nerfed, and will GH eventually be brought forward to Year 2? Afaik they haven't specified the former and the Twitch stream left some ambiguity about the latter.

Happy birthday, E92!

I have no idea, but everything is dreadful atm.

Happy B-day!

Thank you, gentlemen :)

Nuszka

Working on that grimoire. Got rank 1 vip kills - this is mind melting.
Going to work soon, can't wait to rack up some kills in the crucible tonight.
Bad news on my side, i just found out i might have to work during next stream, dang it.

matmanx1

I actually decided last night that I prefer Small Arms/Lightswitch over the other modifiers; there are some fluke deaths with Captains charging out of nowhere but we recovered from that every time. Small Arms just makes the add clearing that much easier letting you reserve rockets for Skolas. Focus 2 Fatebringers/Fangs on captains every add spawn and they are dead before they can even get near you. And you can still do enough damage to burn Skolas down at the end with rockets.

It fits my slow and steady strategy more but for the all out assault strategies that you and Reign run it might be more of a pain since things get more disorganized.

I agree. And on this note I can happily announce that my regular fireteam cleared Skolas last night for the first time with just these modifiers. We actually switched to Mida's after wiping to Captains melee a couple of times just so we could keep the radar active along with the movement speed buff and that worked out very well.

Hearing Shaxx's new battle commentary is making me very excited.

Yeah I love it. I hope they keep it exactly like that. It gets my blood pumping.

Awesome compilation. Has there always been a "We ran out of medals" medal? That one gave me a chuckle.

Can we still get year one exotics that we don´t have yet once TTK comes out?

I would guess year 1 raids and PoE will not change.
curious about Trials though as the difficulty isnt tied to only your personal skill. it wont get any easier the higher level you are. its the most popular thing to stream right now. and who's going to give a crap when the weapons you get are going to be level 20.

Updated trials maybe.

I like the changes to Factions, makes them more relevant.

as a guy with three different characters, I will pick a different faction 1 per character and leave them committed to their designated Faction.

My Titan is like Lvl 25 New Monarchy in year One lol

Kalamari

If the dreadnaught is indeed indoors and lacking a skybox, does that mean that a greater amount of processing resources are usable for making a larger and more detailed zone?

X-Frame

Do Nightfalls not give exotic armor anymore for the class you're not currently using?

I only have Titans and I've only gotten Titan exotics for the last few months. Is that just pure luck or did they change something?

Nuszka

Once you see me hammer dance, you will not only want it... but you will NEED it :p

I have $30 sitting in my us psn wallet, and its been sitting there for a view months now. Who knows. We might just double troll some folk from our group, haha.

I didnt boot up Destiny this morning. probably the 1st time in months. feeling burned out and dont want to touch it till TTK. Started looking on the shelf for something else to play and nothing appealed to me. ugh, I feel depressed.

Do Nightfalls not give exotic armor anymore for the class you're not currently using?

I only have Titans and I've only gotten Titan exotics for the last few months. Is that just pure luck or did they change something?

It does. Got Nothing Manacles this week on my Hunter.

darknil

So I was checking my trophies, I was not paying attention but the ones that I have left are very doable with the exception of Flawless Raider.

Is there any weekly group to do Flawless Raider? Now I'm interested.

As with everything, value is subjective. Absolutely nothing exists or will ever exist with intrinsic value - it will always boil down to aggregated individuals' preferences and willingness to trade off X for Y.

In this case, I'd wager they gave this a ton of thought. You don't just randomly price things - you have a vested interest in maximizing profit. With potentially millions on the line, you want to reach a number that satisfies

1) not leaving money on the table by selling below the point at which customers are willing to buy, and
2) not losing sales by pricing out your audience

Given the fact that, as a whole, this community is fairly polarized into ~casual and hyper dedicated players (1,000 hours in a year is ridiculous, seriously), they know there's a fairly substantial amount of people who are super committed and hardcore fans.

Pricing emotes at US$1.99, imagine they'd have sold 1,000,000 users the pack. Sweet, US$2m in the bank for a day's worth of animator salary.

Pricing emotes at US$19.99, imagine they sell this to only 200,000 - a fifth of the sales, twice the bank. The people who watch Bungie streams and read their blog and post theories on Reddit and get seriously riled up over minute tweaks to a virtual toy's performance. The kind - and I'm one of them - who would buy this regardless just because.

Voilà. There's no way to price discriminate perfectly (charging everyone as much as they're willing to pay). You need a blanket price that maxes profit. As a business, they don't have perfect information - maybe at US$10 they'd have made more money. Or maybe US$30 was that sweet spot. But they ran their numbers and this was the result.

Now the market determines if they played their cards right. Voluntary transactions take place when both parties agree they're getting something they value more than what they're giving up. In my case: I value the emotes and class items more than I'd value an extra US$20 in my account. Those who don't feel it's worth it just don't buy and are equally satisfied because they're keeping their US$20, which they value more.

Bungie is betting tons of people feel like me, but there's no losers when the stakes are determined by transparent, voluntary transactions between informed agents.

There is a way to price discriminate. Charge $20 for the early adopters, then wait a few months and drop it to $5 to reel in everyone else :).

I didnt boot up Destiny this morning. probably the 1st time in months. feeling burned out and dont want to touch it till TTK. Started looking on the shelf for something else to play and nothing appealed to me. ugh, I feel depressed.

I tried that the other day. I wasted an hour trying to get a Trials group so I booted up kingdom Hearts and the camera gave me a headache and I wasn't interested.

Someday.

Navy Bean

I played a bit of the CoD Blops 3 beta and wow, I will never complain about the TTK in Destiny again...Thorn or otherwise
I will
I've played all the CoD's but just going from months of Destiny to CoD is a shock to the system.

So I was checking my trophies, I was not paying attention but the ones that I have left are very doable with the exception of Flawless Raider.

Flawless raider is easy now, if you get enough people together I can Sherpa one, drizzay and gutz help with them as well

There have been quite a few requests the past few weeks. I know at least one other person wants it and it's Pixxxelz. So that makes at least 2 of you + usually 1 sherpa. Just need to find 3 more :p

There are always more people to help fill in those spots as well if there isn't enough people that want/need it.

I like the changes to Factions, makes them more relevant.

as a guy with three different characters, I will pick a different faction 1 per character and leave them committed to their designated Faction.

My Titan is like Lvl 25 New Monarchy in year One lol

Yeah, I am totally going to have each class supes dedicated.

Luckily each class has amazing stuff for each factsh.

Deku Tree

So collecting planetary materials on patrol is back?

1) None for sale at the Crucible Vendor
2) Ghost Shells for sale that make it easier to find specific types of Planetary Mats.

Why aren't more people talking about this?

Hunter = new monarchy (int/str build, gotta invis from the Taken! )
Warlock = dead Orbit (need those ships and shaders! Don't care about super build for him as much especially for sunbro since it takes a while to use the self rez most of the time)
Titan = FWC (Supers and nades for days)

I played a bit of the CoD Blops 3 beta and wow, I will never complain about the TTK in Destiny again...Thorn or otherwise
I will
I've played all the CoD's but just going from months of Destiny to CoD is a shock to the system.

had to read it twice to realize you were talking about Time To Kill instead of The Taken King. i have actually never played a COD multiplayer in my life, is it bad?

So collecting planetary materials on patrol is back?

1) None for sale at the Crucible Vendor
2) Ghost Shells for sale that make it easier to find specific types of Planetary Mats.

Why aren't more people talking about this?

Because even exotics were shown only 5 needed per node.

I like this more, personally. Push me to do stuff, make everything more valuable.

Top Bottom