• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryck

Where did people get their 1k stare besides the quest one? Every time I buy a secondary engram it's a fucking Havoc Pigeon. It's happened at least 7 times in a row...how is that even possible?
The vendor one is pretty damn decent.

Amon37

I need some advice.

I'm a hunter almost level 40
Light level is only 200
Most exp in Sunsinger but not maxed

I feel stuck
Once I hit 40 some stuff opens up but my light level is too low to be effective or even play them
I think I'm on the last story mission but solo I get destroyed at the part where
you fight machine gunner and then the ogre comes out of the gate and goblins are shielding them

How should I go about getting better equipment?

I need some advice.

I'm a hunter almost level 40
Light level is only 200
Most exp in Sunsinger but not maxed

I feel stuck
Once I hit 40 some stuff opens up but my light level is too low to be effective or even play them
I think I'm on the last story mission but solo I get destroyed at the part where
you fight machine gunner and then the ogre comes out of the gate and goblins are shielding them

How should I go about getting better equipment?
Do the quest lines once you hit level 40.

Engrams! Once you have X engrams, decrypt 1 at a time. If the item is better than your current gear, equip it and decrypt the next engram.

Court of Oryx if its not too dead..

Frenden

Banned
Any good?

Zen Moment
Injection Mold
Reactive Reload
25BGpxo.jpg

IIRC, Reactive makes high impact scouts two shot headshot kills.

LTWood12

IIRC, Reactive makes high impact scouts two shot headshot kills.

I love Colovance's so damn much. It's the only high impact scout I've fallen in love with.

This one by far. The trials scout is fun but requires 5 headshots for a kill and has considerable recoil. High impact ones like this are three headshot kills.

Awesome! Hopefully in December it'll get even better.

So, the sidearm. Rolled reactive reload, relentless tracker, and hand loaded. Keep for December or give up for infusion?
7wSJgto.jpg

Amon37

Do the quest lines once you hit level 40.

Engrams! Once you have X engrams, decrypt 1 at a time. If the item is better than your current gear, equip it and decrypt the next engram.

Court of Oryx if its not too dead..

Thanks can someone explain more about the engram thing. Why only decrypt one at once? Is it something about the way the game handle loot?

maomaoIYP

Where did people get their 1k stare besides the quest one? Every time I buy a secondary engram it's a fucking Havoc Pigeon. It's happened at least 7 times in a row...how is that even possible?
The one I use for pvp came from a rank up package. I have a similar problem as you, buying a heavy engram always gives me divilan-fuckoff machine gun.
Edit:
Just went 19-0 in an IB game. Got a 310 ghost. All I want is the hand cannon. Bungie pls.
All I want is a INT/DIS chest piece with sniper ammo for my hunter.
I got 5 HCs

Thanks can someone explain more about the engram thing. Why only decrypt one at once? Is it something about the way the game handle loot?

This might help. The higher your light level, the better chance of getting higher light level gear.

So for example you are light level 200 and you just spam X or A to decrypt all your engrams. The end result could be you have ~7 new gear that are all around the same light level.

However if you decrypt one at a time and equip your highest light level, you could end up with 2-3 new gears that increases your light level by 2. So you are at light level 205. Then decrypt the remaining engrams which is based on the current light level 205, so those remaining 3-4 engrams might have a higher light level. Thus you could end up being at light level 210.

The higher your light level, the better chances of decrypting engrams that are higher light levels. So doing it one at a time allows you to increase your light level before decrypting the next engram.

SheHateMe

This is pissing me off.

I do the best in the IB match, no drops.

I do average, no drops.

I do poorly, no drops.

They are making me buy the damn vendor gauntlets, HC, and MG.

UGH.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
This is pissing me off.

I do the best in the IB match, no drops.

I do average, no drops.

I do poorly, no drops.

They are making me buy the damn vendor gauntlets, HC, and MG.

UGH.
thats IB alright. Just keep at it, Im sure you'll get somethin.

SheHateMe

SheHateMe

Rank 5.

310 Ghost and 312 Iron Banner helm.

Okay, I'll take that and buy the MG.

Screw that HC; my AoS is better.

Edit: And a Havoc Pigeon with Rangefinder, Outlaw, and Appended Magazine.

I'm happy.

The warlock hate is strong in this thread.

I don't understand what you mean by that. Can you elaborate?

Journey has been on my radar for years, but I wasn't about to buy a PS3 to play a 2 hour game. The only IPs Sony has [had] that were interesting to me were the mascot stuff - Spyro (RIP), Crash, Sly Cooper, Jak & Dexter. Those games haven't been carried forward for a while now , so I hadn't kept up with Playstation whatsoever until I saw Journey. When the Destiny Alpha rolled around, I was tipped over to PS4 in part because I knew Journey would eventually make its way onto it. Even when there were I moments thought about playing Destiny on XBO instead (therefore selling the PS4), this game convinced me to hold onto it.

I'm glad I did because it's skyrocketed up to one of my favorites.

This kind of game is right up my alley. It doesn't have a bunch of action or a tremendous incentive to replay it (although the incentive that is there is something that will keep me hooked for a while), but it has that "experience" that very few games can capture for me. I think it's due in part to how cinematic it feels. If this game had a theater mode, I'd probably never put it down.

I could actually say the same for Destiny. I'd love to make a Vault of Glass movie, especially now that we have emotes to make it feel more natural.

Lol. How am I supposed to win games when I get 20 kills and the other two players get 3 combined.

Sounds like you need my expert coaching. Do you think Drizzay, Unstable, and JustGotWicked became experts overnight? NO! They carried my ass! And now look at them. I started them off easy by getting over 100 assists the first weekend Trials came out, and then they had the confidence to go off on their own.

Yes, it is alright to applaud my MVP-ness.

tumblr_inline_n8s1heJrqk1sbfyb2.gif

Sounds like you need my expert coaching. Do you think Drizzay, Unstable, and JustGotWicked became experts overnight? NO! They carried my ass! And now look at them. I started them off easy by getting over 100 assists the first weekend Trials came out, and then they had the confidence to go off on their own.

Will you take me out for wings after each win coach? If so I'm in.

tumblr_inline_n8s1heJrqk1sbfyb2.gif

The Eldritch truth is a blessing, for even if it drives one mad carrying Phaethon0017-senpai.

Simbo

Neo Member
The Hancannon dropped for me after a game with outlaw, braced frame and hidden hand. Pretty happy with that.

That Scout rifle is a thing of beauty. I want.

Any IB trains going on?

I swear the other night i was in top two in every match yet it took no shit over 3 hours for one freaking win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom