• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one I use for pvp came from a rank up package. I have a similar problem as you, buying a heavy engram always gives me divilan-fuckoff machine gun.
Edit:
All I want is a INT/DIS chest piece with sniper ammo for my hunter.
I got 5 HCs

The New Monarchy chest is INT/DIS with sniper ammo.

I tried TLW/Sniper for a bit last night and didn't do too bad, I'm hoping Hawkmoon is still viable as I fancy running that with quickdraw as I have it on my sniper as well. I'm getting the hang of Nightstalker/Shadestep now and its probably my favourite class out of all of them.

maomaoIYP

The New Monarchy chest is INT/DIS with sniper ammo.

I tried TLW/Sniper for a bit last night and didn't do too bad, I'm hoping Hawkmoon is still viable as I fancy running that with quickdraw as I have it on my sniper as well. I'm getting the hang of Nightstalker/Shadestep now and its probably my favourite class out of all of them.
Yeah but the new monarchy chest is ugly. HAHA. I have a raid chest and bog wild with the desired rolls, I'm just a little OCD about wearing armor that is not in a complete set. Also I don't want to wear faction armor that isn't FWC.

i had a destiny dream again.

i was on a weird map that was like a mix of Burning Shrine and some temple from Journey.

I was a Titan with the Twilight Garrison and I had a shotgun called Crowd Pleaser that killed from insane ranges. it was basically Halo 5's Scattershot with no damage dropoff.

I got like 70 kills just running around aiming down sights at people walking into hallways.

My team was cheering me on and i was freaking out.

Then one of their players finally got a super and drew their Hammer.

I ran out of ammo in my shotgun, but i didn't run..

I barrel rolled to dodge his hammers and then hand cannoned him in the face. Boom Boom Boom and he was dead.

The next guy popped Stormtrance and i two shotted him before he could even get close.

Then another one of their players was trying to final round, so I pistol whipped him too.

J6jkQm.gif

Finally a Bladedancer managed to sneak up behind me with another shotgun - the Standing Ovation. He killed me then his whole team (like 12 people because at that point my own team had turned against me) came to my body and teabagged me.

I "woke up" in a lucid state and got out of my bed wanting to get on Destiny to find that shotgun. So i logged on and went to check my inventory. I looked at my primary however and there was just a question mark in the box instead of the gun i was using.

Then i remembered hand cannons suck and realized i was still dreaming.

Three 310 ghosts (fml)

Classic Jigga. The 310 Ghosts are guaranteed for everyone :p

I mean you did get another 320 item. A Hunter raid helm is still my only 320 and that includes three Mercury trips each week. Oh well, my luck is decent overall, could certainly be worse.

Rainmaker

Banned
Haven't played in awhile. I've got the NM raid chest and gauntlets. I still need to get the helmet and boots. Then do the same for the hard mode. I don't really feel like doing them though. I just want the shaders from them both. Raiding has been less fun this time around for me as it's hard to find the time to run it with a group. But... I REALLY want the shaders.

I jumped back in to do IB this week and got a 310 artifact, 310 ghost, 304 chest, 294 gauntlets, 312 helmet, and a 297 IB handcannon. Probably the most satisfying payout to anything I've ever done in the game.

The only thing I've never accomplished in this game besides getting hard mode Oryx done is doing anything of worth in ToO which sucks because that's my favorite armor I've ever seen in the game. I want it so bad but I'm really awful in it and teams would not want me. lol

Had the CLASSIC sweaty of 1.8+ on our 9th game and we burned mercy to some straight scrubs on game 5. The worst feelings :/

Had a lot of fun on the journey though, the 8-1 disappointment continues. The dudes we lose to are just awful as well, that makes the burn worse.

Thought I had some hate mail but the guy said "coming run GG and good luck" classy move.

Later today someone remind me to post a video of this super laggy warlock we went against in trials. He lagged so hard he was invincible and disappeared. A great example of how well Destiny handles lag.

Later today someone remind me to post a video of this super laggy warlock we went against in trials. He lagged so hard he was invincible and disappeared. A great example of how well Destiny handles lag.

I got THREE melees and hammon got two in addition to two hip fire pulse hits and no death on one guy.

Hammon did get the most clutch draw I've ever seen, he died and the remaining two guys ran into his trip mine after the fact and force the draw, incredible.

noomi

Good morning DGAF :)

So never managed to play any IB this week... if I decide to go from 1 - 5 today, doable?

phen0m24

Sounds like you need my expert coaching. Do you think Drizzay, Unstable, and JustGotWicked became experts overnight? NO! They carried my ass! And now look at them. I started them off easy by getting over 100 assists the first weekend Trials came out, and then they had the confidence to go off on their own.

Yes, it is alright to applaud my MVP-ness.

tumblr_inline_n8s1heJrqk1sbfyb2.gif

I will remember this post the next time I go
1 and 12 :( egads that was bad

Jinjo

Lol, that post + this response slayed me. :lol

been travelling for the past 2 weeks, so no Destiny for me

whats new?

Iron Banner dropped legit loot. Balance patch incoming in december which fixes the meta. No, really, this time for real.

it won't.

Ow, and "new" exotics are coming. Basicly all the old useless exotics (well aside from Manacles & Symbiote) are coming back + Twilight Garrison (awesome) and Tarantella chest (meh).

I will remember this post the next time I go
1 and 12 :( egads that was bad

Hey, I've been kicked off a Fireteam once or twice.

When you holdin' back the Mercury train and they boot yo ass to orbit

tumblr_nt6gceIuqx1sqf5tdo3_400.gif

When you're asking for a revive but they know you're just gonna give the enemy Super energy.

tumblr_inline_mumexvJPe31re8w4g.gif

When you're complaining about an LFG group to Wicked and he's thinking the same about you

tumblr_nta7coEjns1tpg4boo1_400.gif

Is there a Gaf clan/group which I can join on PS4? I need to be able to tackle raids and I don't see a way to create or join a clan in-game. I'm on the Destiny website at the moment but don't see a Gaf clan listed among the top ones.

Feorax

My Warlock package at rank 5 was the 310 ghost, and then 2 or 3 coins and motes.

Good job I actually needed the ghost or I would have raged.

bitsurugi

Good morning DGAF :)

So never managed to play any IB this week... if I decide to go from 1 - 5 today, doable?

Definitelly!

Dailies and Weeklies will boost you a lot, you need to do at least 13 matches and win 7 for 1 weekly, during that time you can also do the 10 spree and top score. The 50 primariy kills might take the longest, ironically, but if you do around 20 matches you should be set.

Iron Banner Rank 5 booty:

1. 312 Auto Rifle
2. 314 Helm
3. 317 Helm

So basically, I got better helms and primaries in 2-3 hours of Iron Banana than I got from 2 months of raiding.

Y u do dis, Bungie?

The only thing I've never accomplished in this game besides getting hard mode Oryx done is doing anything of worth in ToO which sucks because that's my favorite armor I've ever seen in the game. I want it so bad but I'm really awful in it and teams would not want me. lol
Post in the OT thread during ToO. There are plently of groups formed here with that are able to get those wins required for the ToO armor.
Is there a Gaf clan/group which I can join on PS4? I need to be able to tackle raids and I don't see a way to create or join a clan in-game. I'm on the Destiny website at the moment but don't see a Gaf clan listed among the top ones.
Post in the OT thread looking for a group. There use to be alot are groups of people creating raid fireteam. However the thread has def slowed down..but still there are groups around reset days and weekends...Just mention you are new so they can explain things along the way. I know Hawkian does new player raids every thursday (?)

Post in the OT thread looking for a group. There use to be alot are groups of people creating raid fireteam. However the thread has def slowed down..but still there are groups around reset days and weekends...Just mention you are new so they can explain things along the way. I know Hawkian does new player raids every thursday (?)

Thanks.

Iron Banner Rank 5 booty:

1. 312 Auto Rifle
2. 314 Helm
3. 317 Helm

So basically, I got better helms and primaries in 2-3 hours of Iron Banana than I got from 2 months of raiding.

Y u do dis, Bungie?

The only thing i got from from the rank 5 pacjage was a 310 ghost. Bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom