• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadduck

Had an interesting trials run with my usual group yesterday.

A nice warlock group when one reslock didn't take damage from 3 homing hammers.

Same lock also didn't take damage from 4 invective chugs, my aim isn't great, but there's no way I missed all 4.

Got a final boss group about half way through and lost 5-4. Last few games were easy in comparison, maybe a lot of the good players are getting their runs out the way on Friday then doing something else?

I got an auto, which will probably be good in December.

After a few weeks of not raiding my group did one HM yesterday.
Totems: nothing, warpriest: nothing, golgi: nothing, daughters: nothing.
Oryx: 312 hand cannon, 318 helmet, 310 bad juju. My first HM primary and helm, HM shader get!

Nope, you have to go back to orbit for your real reward.

NOW TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY GOT!

I wonder why the done that. Think it was to give us a surprise ? >.<

After a few weeks of not raiding my group did one HM yesterday.
Totems: nothing, warpriest: nothing, golgi: nothing, daughters: nothing.
Oryx: 312 hand cannon, 318 helmet, 310 bad juju. My first HM primary and helm, HM shader get!

Bet Bungie were toying with your emotions :p

noomi

Doable. Let's team up later. Still need to get my alts to rank 5.

You could probably do it in 13 matches with the weeklies and todays dailies. Did you bank any dailies before?

Cool, not sure how much time I'll have tonight but if you see me online send me a message and we'll get that train going.

Really had no desire to do any pvp last night, so today I'm going to have to haul ass.

E92 M3

Going to try to get my last character from 0 to 5, have my titan at 3, and Warlock at 5. So far, the first package gave me a 319 Nirwen's which instantly went into Hung Jury.

Have to give props to Bungie for making IB so rewarding. Now do that for every activity and everyone will be happy. People were getting loot left and right.

Spades

I have so many games to play but all I want to play is Destiny. Seriously have fallen in love with this game since giving it another go a few months prior to TTK launch. I mean, I have Fallout 4, SWBF, Black Ops 3, and many other games sat on my shelf waiting to be played. Yet every time I try to play them, I decide I want to play Destiny instead.

GlamFM

Banned
Going to try to get my last character from 0 to 5, have my titan at 3, and Warlock at 5. So far, the first package gave me a 319 Nirwen's which instantly went into Hung Jury.

Have to give props to Bungie for making IB so rewarding. Now do that for every activity and everyone will be happy. People were getting loot left and right.

Nirwen > Hung Jury IMO.

It´s my main since I got it.

GunnerZ

i had a destiny dream again.

i was on a weird map that was like a mix of Burning Shrine and some temple from Journey.

I was a Titan with the Twilight Garrison and I had a shotgun called Crowd Pleaser that killed from insane ranges. it was basically Halo 5's Scattershot with no damage dropoff.

I got like 70 kills just running around aiming down sights at people walking into hallways.

My team was cheering me on and i was freaking out.

Then one of their players finally got a super and drew their Hammer.

I ran out of ammo in my shotgun, but i didn't run..

I barrel rolled to dodge his hammers and then hand cannoned him in the face. Boom Boom Boom and he was dead.

The next guy popped Stormtrance and i two shotted him before he could even get close.

Then another one of their players was trying to final round, so I pistol whipped him too.

J6jkQm.gif

Finally a Bladedancer managed to sneak up behind me with another shotgun - the Standing Ovation. He killed me then his whole team (like 12 people because at that point my own team had turned against me) came to my body and teabagged me.

I "woke up" in a lucid state and got out of my bed wanting to get on Destiny to find that shotgun. So i logged on and went to check my inventory. I looked at my primary however and there was just a question mark in the box instead of the gun i was using.

Then i remembered hand cannons suck and realized i was still dreaming.
WTF loool

Jinjo

So would the Refer-A-Friend quest work with an old-time Destiny player that stopped after The Dark Below and never got HoW + The Taken King?

E92 M3

I have so many games to play but all I want to play is Destiny. Seriously have fallen in love with this game since giving it another go a few months prior to TTK launch. I mean, I have Fallout 4, SWBF, Black Ops 3, and many other games sat on my shelf waiting to be played. Yet every time I try to play them, I decide I want to play Destiny instead.

Exactly where I'm at. Have Fallout 4 and BlackOps, which are both great, but I still enjoy playing Destiny too much.

Nirwen > Hung Jury IMO.

It´s my main since I got it.

For PVE? I don't see how lol.

phen0m24

Hey, I've been kicked off a Fireteam once or twice.

When you holdin' back the Mercury train and they boot yo ass to orbit

tumblr_nt6gceIuqx1sqf5tdo3_400.gif

When you're asking for a revive but they know you're just gonna give the enemy Super energy.

tumblr_inline_mumexvJPe31re8w4g.gif

When you're complaining about an LFG group to Wicked and he's thinking the same about you

tumblr_nta7coEjns1tpg4boo1_400.gif

Pantheon I wanted to say thank you. This post was awesome. I am really bad at pvp. This post hit me right in the feels. :)

Jinjo

Doesn´t take up half your screen and has outlaw.

Love it.

I have a new love even better than both of those. A Thread Upon Stars with Zen Moment & Grenadier. It's exactly like VoC, but better (Full Auto is nice, but totally not necessary. Just wastes ammo more often than not). Love it on my max discipline Warlock. Grenades everywhere. Now I just need those Nothing Manacles for total destruction on everyone.

TsuWave

seeing ppl getting 320 shells hurts so much. this game has turned me into an envious soulless shell. when is it going to be my turn rng deity?

GlamFM

Banned
I have a new love even better than both of those. A Thread Upon Stars with Zen Moment & Grenadier. It's exactly like VoC, but better (Full Auto is nice, but totally not necessary. Just wastes ammo more often than not). Love it on my max discipline Warlock. Grenades everywhere. Now I just need those Nothing Manacles for total destruction on everyone.

I really have to get that.

I forgot - where does it drop?

Jinjo

I really have to get that.

I forgot - where does it drop?

One of the Mars strikes. Va'alus or the Psion Flayers.

Pantheon I wanted to say thank you. This post was awesome. I am really bad at pvp. This post hit me right in the feels. :)

Same here man. In HoW I teamed up with someone for a Mercury run, I don't remember who it was, maybe a GAFfer. Just wasn't having my day and made lots of scrubby mistakes. Had a devastating 8-0 loss and the dude just flipped. Continued playing but just wasn't having fun, so I bailed eventually while being nice about it. Dude just straight up deleted me from the friendlist after. Right in the feels mang. :(

To be fair, he was probably the fucking saltiest douchebag I ever played with.

My Rank 5 IB haul:

316 Titan helmet (didn't have a helmet over 311 anywhere)
318 Sidearm (went straight into 1000 yard stare)
313 Warlock bond (Boooo, I have a 319 raid bond.)

3x 310 Ghost, just for Jigga Man!

WipedOut

314 Boots for my second Rank 5 Package, 5 bounties and a weekly put me to rank 5

Going to try for my 3rd tonight.

I've had about 5 chest pieces drop which is insane, highest being 300 but has good stat rolls.

Just a heads up, I plan to run full Oryx HM (all the way up to and maybe including Oryx) in about 3-ish hours. I'll post again then.
I would really appreciate if we can get a crew going because DGAF's been very unresponsive to my LFG's lately. :/ I don't know if it's bad timing (EU GAF here) or what but I haven't been able to pick up a DGAF crew for IB,KF or anything the past couple of weeks. ForeverAlone.jpg

E92 M3

314 Boots for my second Rank 5 Package, 5 bounties and a weekly put me to rank 5

Going to try for my 3rd tonight.

I've had about 5 chest pieces drop which is insane, highest being 300 but has good stat rolls.

I had one 307 chest dropped for my Warlock. Bought the vendor version and started infusing lol.

Nuszka

Wonder if creating a different account and starting a fresh guardian would work for the quests with veterans and vice versa.

Jinjo

Wonder if creating a different account and starting a fresh guardian would work for the quests with veterans and vice versa.

Probably, but are you really gonna pay for Plus on a second account? And then you can't even use the stuff on your main.

Spades

Is it wrong to REALLY want the plush Ghost?
http://bungiestore.com/collections/accessories/products/ghost-plush

Maybe my daughter will like it...

My Rank 5 IB haul:

316 Titan helmet (didn't have a helmet over 311 anywhere)
318 Sidearm (went straight into 1000 yard stare)
313 Warlock bond (Boooo, I have a 319 raid bond.)

3x 310 Ghost, just for Jigga Man!

I got the 319 Warlock helmet, which was enough to push me to the 315 overall mark. Super stoked! I'm going to try to whiz through everything on my Titan tonight.

Nuszka

Probably, but are you really gonna pay for Plus on a second account? And then you can't even use the stuff on your main.

Think all your sub accounts should work with online stuff as long your main one has Plus subscription. But i might be wrong.

noomi

Are you talking about the refer a friend thing? We need to find a way to get the goods....somehow

*edit*

actually why don't they just sell it...

Sky Walker

Everyone is getting cool helms and stuff, and all what I got is shitty weapons that not even useful for infusion fuel.

IAin'tEvenMad.jpg

Just a heads up, I plan to run full Oryx HM (all the way up to and maybe including Oryx) in about 3-ish hours. I'll post again then.
I would really appreciate if we can get a crew going because DGAF's been very unresponsive to my LFG's lately. :/ I don't know if it's bad timing (EU GAF here) or what but I haven't been able to pick up a DGAF crew for IB,KF or anything the past couple of weeks. ForeverAlone.jpg

I'm guessing it's just a timing issue and the fact that most of the regulars have stopped raiding altogether, mostly because of the bonkers loot drops. You can find groups trying to raid early on in the week, but towards the end, everyone is busy doing Iron Banana or Trials. I'd offer to help for the Hard Mode fight, but my playing hours don't match up with the time you've given here.

Everyone is getting cool helms and stuff, and all what I got is shitty weapons that not even useful for infusion fuel.
You're 315+ right now. I feel no sympathy for you. :p

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual

I have to dish more hate out on Bungie. All I got worthwhile in getting 2 characters up to rank 5 was the 310 artifact. I got a 312 scout and a 314 sniper from my rank 5 packages neither of which help me out in any way shape or form. All of my loot drops from playing have been sub 300. Pretty shitty IB yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom