• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Titan main, from Day 1 of the Beta. To say that I have a lot riding on Sage's changes is an understatement.

I'm very encouraged that they're looking at the all the subclasses, not just the Sunbreaker. It's pretty obvious why Titans are the only class getting subclass tuning:

UrBFaHy.png

Strikers and Defenders are the least played and Strikers have the lowest K/Ds (sub-1.0 eesh).

But knowing that all 3 are going to get looked at makes me nervous too. There's a lot that could go wrong. And the fact that they put the news off until Friday, well, that could be a bad sign.

There are some real problems with the class, like melee range, which is exacerbated by the incoming shotgun changes that are designed to encourage shotgun-melee for kills.

There are some real strengths to the class that I hope don't get changed, like Titan skating. Skating is what has kept me with the class even though it's not been the strongest.

I'm also nervous because while Sunbreakers have been a problem in PvP, they haven't been in PvE. They're fun and the only class that can make me drop being a Defender, which is a more passive class. I really hope we don't get PvP focused nerfs that wind up penalizing PvE (like just about every weapons balance patch).

Lastly, I'm a bit uneasy because subclass changes almost never happen, so if they don't get it right, it could be another year before things really change.

All that to say, you have my attention and hopes, Sage. Do us Titans, right.

Deku Tree

I am a Titan main, from Day 1 of the Beta. To say that I have a lot riding on Sage's changes is an understatement.

I'm very encouraged that they're looking at the all the subclasses, not just the Sunbreaker. It's pretty obvious why Titans are the only class getting subclass tuning:

UrBFaHy.png

Strikers and Defenders are the least played and Strikers have the lowest K/Ds (sub-1.0 eesh).

But knowing that all 3 are going to get looked at makes me nervous too. There's a lot that could go wrong. And the fact that they put the news off until Friday, well that could be a bad sign.

There are some real problems with the class, like melee range, which is exacerbated by the incoming shotgun changes that are designed to encourage shotgun-melee for kills.

There are some real strengths to the class that I hope don't get changed, like Titan skating. Skating is what has kept me with the class even though it's not been the strongest.

I'm also nervous because while Sunbreakers have been a problem in PvP, they haven't been in PvE. They're fun and the only class that can make me drop being a Defender, which is a more passive class. I really hope we don't get PvP focused nerfs that wind up penalizing PvE (like just about every weapons balance patch).

Lastly, I'm a bit uneasy because subclass changes almost never happen, so if they don't get it right, it could be another year before things really change.

All that to say, you have my attention and hopes, Sage. Do us Titans, right.

do you have a similar breakdown chart for PvE?

well, just know that I'll be planning to backstab you guys and run away with the loot sure

I'm sure there will be a glitch that will allow me to boot you out of my "fireteam" and create a loading screen that will disconnect you from my world I look forward to playing with you, did you already pre-order? And for PS4 right?

Namikaze1

I'm sure there will be a glitch that will allow me to boot you out of my "fireteam" and create a loading screen that will disconnect you from my world I look forward to playing with you, did you already pre-order? And for PS4 right?
I haven't preorder yet. Gonna take a wait and see approach with the game. If I do get it, it'll be the PS4 version. There are just two games I'll be definitely buying next year and they are UC4 and Dark Souls 3. Those two I'll get regardless of reviews.

do you have a similar breakdown chart for PvE?

No, but that would be fascinating. I think it would be very different by activity. Like the Raid would be 90% Defender/Nightstalker/Sunsinger and nothing else. Probably similar for Nightfalls, especially now that burns don't happen regularly to get us to play other subclasses.

As bad a shape as Year 1 Titans were in PvP, I think Hunters were in worse shape Year 1 in PvE. Nightstalker is GOAT, though. So at least they have that.

flkraven

I see reddit discussing this and I don't know if it has been talked about here. From the BWU:

Before we go, here's a final shopping tip: If you see something you like on the Eververse store – something you've been meaning to pick up any day now – this is a good time to grab it. The December Update will refresh the inventory available from Tess. She'll put the stuff you see now in some bags you can still acquire with some Silver, but their contents will be less direct and predictable

Sort of BS, no?

That mechanic totally ruined the Division for me

Yea that totally sound stupid. Unless you have a community you play with I would never trust anyone.

I haven't preorder yet. Gonna take a wait and see approach with the game. If I do get it, it'll be the PS4 version. There are just two games I'll be definitely buying next year and they are UC4 and Dark Souls 3. Those two I'll get regardless of reviews.

Only 2 games, I have all these:
Quantum Break
Furi
Ashen
The Division
Uncharted
Friday The 13th
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Street Fighter 5
Hyper Light Drifter
No Man’s Sky
Mirror’s Edge
Final Fantasy XV
Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Namikaze1

That mechanic totally ruined the Division for me
That mechanic is gonna make the Division such a fun experience for everyone who will play with me.

Me: sweet Christmas! Got a sweet ass gun!

Noomi & Darryl: ... (nods at each other)
(aims at namikaze1)
This is for taking all of our exotics during year 1!

Me: wait! Let's settle this li-
*brapbrapbraappppbrrraaaappppbrap*

*brap*

Noomi: I call dibs on the gun!

Darryl: if you gonna take the gun then I want the rest of the loot!

I see reddit discussing this and I don't know if it has been talked about here. From the BWU:

Before we go, here's a final shopping tip: If you see something you like on the Eververse store – something you've been meaning to pick up any day now – this is a good time to grab it. The December Update will refresh the inventory available from Tess. She'll put the stuff you see now in some bags you can still acquire with some Silver, but their contents will be less direct and predictable

Sort of BS, no?

Eh. It doesn't bother me. They could just not make the old ones available at all. This is a way that you can still get the old ones if you want to. And they've given us plenty of notice if there are ones that we actually care about. I think it's totally fair.

Now, that said. A lot of the community has been asking for Tower vendors to rotate their stock as opposed to selling the same damned thing for an entire expansion. And they're finally doing that.... for the real money store. ಠ_ಠ

ich00

Vault cleaning / infusion time. Which Qullim's is the keeper: persistence, life leech or army of one for PvP? I'm thinking army of one, right?

Daemul

I have a massive number of legendaries that I can't wait to dismantle for marks. I'm full of junk right now!

I have around 50 legendaries left in the vault which can't be used for infusion since they're too low level, so I'm just waiting until the patch when I can buy the Mida and Bones to convert them into marks.

phen0m24

Have a dozen 310 Telesto's sitting in my vault. Xur wants 17 coins for a 280 telesto, I'm selling 310 for 15 coins. Any takers?

As a formerly forever no Telesto, I would take that deal. Bad enough I have to go home and farm 28's for coins for a 280.

Ok so I am lvl 40 with a light level of 210. I am supposed grind the strike playlist till 240 right? Would love to play with you guys.

Hey there you sound new. How long have you had destiny my friend ;)

Also hop into the strikes and you can get paired with some people but I'm sure a few people will be on later who can help with strikes. I'm helping a friend in like 5 hours by just running to the end of strikes and killing the boss for him, send me a fr: Darryl_M_R

ok, so I've gotten to the point where I need to clean my vault again :(
is there any point in keeping Efrideet's Spear with FR and unflinching?
I have two in arc and void flavors, but with the FR modification, i'm wondering if 1KYS isn't more than sufficient.

Hey there you sound new. How long have you had destiny my friend ;)

Also hop into the strikes and you can get paired with some people but I'm sure a few people will be on later who can help with strikes. I'm helping a friend in like 5 hours by just running to the end of strikes and killing the boss for him, send me a fr: Darryl_M_R

Thanks just started playing last week. I'll add you later today.

So after a couple rants at Bungie's lack of communication about what's ahead for Destiny, someone kindly pointed our PSX this weekend and I'm hopeful that we will get an announcement of the next major content there.

What is everyone thinking? What does everyone want? Personally I'd like to see a The Dark Below/House of Wolves sized expansion. A new raid is a must. I know many of us will refer back to that original leaked Destiny road map but we know that much has changed since then as well.

So what does everyone think?

E92 M3

So after a couple rants at Bungie's lack of communication about what's ahead for Destiny, someone kindly pointed our PSX this weekend and I'm hopeful that we will get an announcement of the next major content there.

What is everyone thinking? What does everyone want? Personally I'd like to see a The Dark Below/House of Wolves sized expansion. A new raid is a must. I know many of us will refer back to that original leaked Destiny road map but we know that much has changed since then as well.

So what does everyone think?

No new raids till at least next September. Raids are a very difficult thing to develop and take tons of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom