• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ich00

ok, so I've gotten to the point where I need to clean my vault again :(
is there any point in keeping Efrideet's Spear with FR and unflinching?
I have two in arc and void flavors, but with the FR modification, i'm wondering if 1KYS isn't more than sufficient.

I kept one for nostalgia. Also you can bring it out every so often in regular crucible playlists. Otherwise nope.

I kept one for nostalgia. Also you can bring it out every so often in regular crucible playlists. Otherwise nope.

yeah, that's what I was thinking. spent so many darn motes re-rolling the frakkin things too. :/
is the only way to raise your rank with the gunsmith is to find broken guns while playing? If that's the case then lol i'll never get to rank 1

no, you pick up the test weapons from him, and use them as specified, after which point, you can safely dismantle them.

tumblr_nlvdhsgKk51u5wu84o1_500.gif

Ok so I am lvl 40 with a light level of 210. I am supposed grind the strike playlist till 240 right? Would love to play with you guys.

I sent you the link via pm if you are interested, you can see all the details on Bungie website when you click it.

X-Frame

I am a Titan main, from Day 1 of the Beta. To say that I have a lot riding on Sage's changes is an understatement.

I'm very encouraged that they're looking at the all the subclasses, not just the Sunbreaker. It's pretty obvious why Titans are the only class getting subclass tuning:

UrBFaHy.png

Strikers and Defenders are the least played and Strikers have the lowest K/Ds (sub-1.0 eesh).

But knowing that all 3 are going to get looked at makes me nervous too. There's a lot that could go wrong. And the fact that they put the news off until Friday, well, that could be a bad sign.

There are some real problems with the class, like melee range, which is exacerbated by the incoming shotgun changes that are designed to encourage shotgun-melee for kills.

There are some real strengths to the class that I hope don't get changed, like Titan skating. Skating is what has kept me with the class even though it's not been the strongest.

I'm also nervous because while Sunbreakers have been a problem in PvP, they haven't been in PvE. They're fun and the only class that can make me drop being a Defender, which is a more passive class. I really hope we don't get PvP focused nerfs that wind up penalizing PvE (like just about every weapons balance patch).

Lastly, I'm a bit uneasy because subclass changes almost never happen, so if they don't get it right, it could be another year before things really change.

All that to say, you have my attention and hopes, Sage. Do us Titans, right.

Agreed! Great post. I am cautiously optimistic about the update today.

Strikers fairing so negatively in PvP has to be because of how most of their abilities require close range, be it normal FoH, melee and Shoulder Charge.

All that may indirectly be easier to manage in 2.1 coming next week, especially the shotgun nerfs, but outside of Lightning grenades Strikers are too high risk for not that high of rewards.

The Defender kit is basically tailored with a PvE focus in mind, outside of Suppressor grenades (I don't even know what those do in PvE). Hopefully a possible Defender PvP buff doesn't come at the expense of their PvE effectiveness.

In general I am hoping for a melee range buff and a Catapult buff, which would affect all subclasses.

no, you pick up the test weapons from him, and use them as specified, after which point, you can safely dismantle them.

No lol. He has 5 weapons a week that you can test. They have the requirement written on them.

Nah there's only 4 of those Dalvin guns.

You need to do the 5 test weapons he has each week.

I dont think the game ever explained this to me or if it did it clearly didnt register. Good to know! Thanks!

Agreed! Great post. I am cautiously optimistic about the update today.

Strikers fairing so negatively in PvP has to be because of how most of their abilities require close range, be it normal FoH, melee and Shoulder Charge.

All that may indirectly be easier to manage in 2.1 coming next week, especially the shotgun nerfs, but outside of Lightning grenades Strikers are too high risk for not that high of rewards.

The Defender kit is basically tailored with a PvE focus in mind, outside of Suppressor grenades (I don't even know what those do in PvE). Hopefully a possible Defender PvP buff doesn't come at the expense of their PvE effectiveness.

In general I am hoping for a melee range buff and a Catapult buff, which would affect all subclasses.

My dreams. Strikers get Shoulder Charge, Death from Above & damage reduction while smashing by default. Unstoppable as an option is replaced by overshield you get after your smash.

Defender suppressor grenades should explode on impact. Ward of Dawn should last after a Defender's death. My bubble should allow me to escape alive from other supers if I jump out of it in time by absorbing the super. A new exotic that releases shrieker death blasts when you blow up a bubble.

All Striker & Defender melee abilities trigger on hit rather than on kill. We already have the smallest melee range, stop making it harder.

But a lot of these changes would require changing Exotic armor pieces, too, so that ain't gonna happen.

Oh, and....

MOTHERF----ING TIMERS ON OUR G---------ED ABILITIES, JESUS CHRIST< EVERY OTHER SUBCLASS GETS THIS!

giphy.gif

NawidA

Banned
I am a Titan main, from Day 1 of the Beta. To say that I have a lot riding on Sage's changes is an understatement.

I'm very encouraged that they're looking at the all the subclasses, not just the Sunbreaker. It's pretty obvious why Titans are the only class getting subclass tuning:

UrBFaHy.png

Strikers and Defenders are the least played and Strikers have the lowest K/Ds (sub-1.0 eesh).

But knowing that all 3 are going to get looked at makes me nervous too. There's a lot that could go wrong. And the fact that they put the news off until Friday, well, that could be a bad sign.

There are some real problems with the class, like melee range, which is exacerbated by the incoming shotgun changes that are designed to encourage shotgun-melee for kills.

There are some real strengths to the class that I hope don't get changed, like Titan skating. Skating is what has kept me with the class even though it's not been the strongest.

I'm also nervous because while Sunbreakers have been a problem in PvP, they haven't been in PvE. They're fun and the only class that can make me drop being a Defender, which is a more passive class. I really hope we don't get PvP focused nerfs that wind up penalizing PvE (like just about every weapons balance patch).

Lastly, I'm a bit uneasy because subclass changes almost never happen, so if they don't get it right, it could be another year before things really change.

All that to say, you have my attention and hopes, Sage. Do us Titans, right.
How can this chart be possible. Shouldn't it all equal out to a 1.0 K/D?

How can this chart be possible. Shouldn't it all equal out to a 1.0 K/D?

That's a good catch. This chart is from guardians.gg, which is more focused on competitive players, so I'd put the discrepancy down to sampling a smaller subset of the player population.

No new raids till at least next September. Raids are a very difficult thing to develop and take tons of time.

Bungie better have SOME significant new end game content cooked up before then. Remixing Vault, Prison of Elders and Crota's End would both be decent additions to give players something new to do for a little while but there's going to need to be more than that.

Blizzard can put out at least 3 raids a year in World of WarCraft. Bungie should be able to do something similar considering Destiny raids are much smaller and simpler.

Daemul

Well, I managed to collect 15 ghosts in Old Russia before I felt like shooting myself, so that's progress I guess.

I'll carry on the ghost hunting in another 451 days :)

Just wait until you decide to max out your grimoire. .

Funnily enough if my maths is correct then the only thing that's stopping me from having Max Grimore is the dead ghosts, 2 missing calcified fragments and the PS exclusive stuff. I don't think I'll ever have the motivation to look for all the dead ghosts though, so I'll most likely never have max grimore.

deadduck

Whats the bets for the Trials map, we must be due a TTK one so i'm going Frontier or Dungeons

No, the horror!

Played elimination yesterday in Dungeons and they just camped in their spawn building hammers. Horrible.

But yeah we are due one... Just not sure I want any!

E92 M3

Well, I managed to collect 15 ghosts in Old Russia before I felt like shooting myself, so that's progress I guess.

I'll carry on the ghost hunting in another 451 days :)

Funnily enough if my maths is correct then the only thing that's stopping me from having Max Grimore is the dead ghosts, 2 missing calcified fragments and the PS exclusive stuff. I don't think I'll ever have the motivation to look for all the dead ghosts though, so I'll most likely never have max grimore.

I hated doing that stuff as well, but it goes surprisingly fast once you start. Put on a podcast and time flies.

No, the horror!

Played elimination yesterday in Dungeons and they just camped in their spawn building hammers. Horrible.

But yeah we are due one... Just not sure I want any!

I can imagine, I guess if you're really motivated it would be possible to just play hide and seek for the whole round

noomi

Darks Souls 3 out in April.

Well looks like I may be joining you in The Division, Noomi.

YESSSS YESSSSSSSSS!

That Dark Souls 3 gameplay trailer looked fucking amazing though. It's going to be pretty hard to keep up with DS3, Uncharted4, The Division, Quantum Break and noomi jr's birth in April though :p

*edit*

Well would you look at that, the true top of the page. Hey everyone :) Haven't been around here much lately , but that does't mean that I've forgotten you <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom