• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Soooooo let me get this straight.

Those of you with etheric light can exchange it for Petra rep... Which you dont need because you played HoW...?

And those of us that would need Petra rep (mainly for the Boolean) dont have etheric light so therefore cant get the rep.

I dont understand lol
I played lots of PoE (which did not get you Petra rep but did get you Etheric Light) and barely any rank on Petra.

You can get Etheric light by playing PoE now. to level up your rank with her, which you couldn't do before.
11 Eastern still ok w/ you just like last week?
Sure, that's cool.

Trakan

What LL those helmets showing up as?

288. Let's make it 3 for 3.

CVufrkfUAAAcn9Q.png:large

PSA: The raid sparrows have the best boost and durability of all sparrows. Every other sparrow has a boost of 35 or 40 and Timebreaker/Graverobber have boosts of 60.

Edit: the upgraded rare sparrows and these new sparrows have top speeds of 160, while raid sparrows top out at 150.

Ranked up 4 times to get the old DO ship.

First two gave me emblems I didn't have and the third gave me a class item I didn't have. Not bad

See, this is a good challenge in my eyes. Not brutally hard, but at least different. There are multiple ways to tackle it, which is also good, especially in this raid.

Assuming you mean today's Gologroth challenge, I definitely agree. Personally the only thing that concerned me was the BWU line, something about "apologies to one orb/gaze strat."

The only way I can think that'd be possible is to force a 2 gaze, 1 cycle kill by never failing to capture his gaze. Which would have been doable but very challenging, much more so than what we got. Honestly it would have been too tough imo and people would be upset for the opposite reason as Warpriest.

We only did a few 1 cycle attempts, but the closest we got was ~10% HP left after 5 pools (before the attempt derailed). To me, perfecting that method would've been fun, but lots of people understandably wouldn't agree.

CLBridges

All the changes and updates look fine. Hopefully my ps4 will be delivered by the end of this week. Gonna feel weird that most of the stuff I got in Y1 will be obsolete but oh well. Probably gonna go on a Destiny marathon once I get everything downloaded, sparrow racing looks fun 😊

Strider

I played lots of PoE (which did not get you Petra rep but did get you Etheric Light) and barely any rank on Petra.

You can get Etheric light by playing PoE now. to level up your rank with her, which you couldn't do before.

Ah. That's a good thing at least. It sorta somewhat makes PoE relevant to Y2. At least in a small way... Can't complain about that :p

I've still never done PoE actually.

Assuming you mean today's Gologroth challenge, I definitely agree. Personally the only thing that concerned me was the BWU line, something about "apologies to one orb/gaze strat."

The only way I can think that'd be possible is to force a 2 gaze, 1 cycle kill by never failing to capture his gaze. Which would have been doable but very challenging, much more so than what we got. Honestly it would have been too tough imo and people would be upset for the opposite reason as Warpriest.

We only did a few 1 cycle attempts, but the closest we got was ~10% HP left after 5 pools (before the attempt derailed). To me, perfecting that method would've been fun, but lots of people understandably wouldn't agree.

Yep. This week's is good. Last week's was a joke.

For PlayStation™ players, Amanda has an exclusive quest, "With Finesse and Speed." Complete her challenges for an EV-42 Nightsteed Sparrow.​
Looks like the cool new style of legendary sparrows are all in Microtransactions aside from that one.

Race rewards are legendary gear, shaders and blue horns. Permanent horns are also locked behind microtransactions as well.

More details here.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
For the last hour:

Preparing to download...(0%)

???

Edit: Jumped from 0 to 75 just as I posted, lol

Ok I'm happy that our stuff is coming back and with fixes, and balance changes and whatnot, but I'm mad at one thing:

Exotic Engrams earned before today can turn into everything they"enabled?" today. Usually, engrams will NEVER give "new" content. Always the stuff that was available at the time you earned that engram. So, does this mean the stuff has been there the whole time and just disabled?

Regardless, I'm mostly mad at myself for not saving them just because I thought it would only be new engrams earned like it usually is. Oh well, I'm definitely hunting them down regardless.

It's exciting to get back old exotic because the new meta didn't leave many choices for them. Combining all of the old with the new, a lot more combinations hopefully. Plus, I've missed some of them. Excited because the balance changes went into effect with it, otherwise it wouldn't be as exciting. Also, the possibilities.

E92 M3

Is the Venus track incredibly fun like I expect it to be?

Ok I'm happy that our stuff is coming back and with fixes, and balance changes and whatnot, but I'm mad at one thing:

Exotic Engrams earned before today can turn into everything they"enabled?" today. Usually, engrams will NEVER give "new" content. Always the stuff that was available at the time you earned that engram. So, does this mean the stuff has been there the whole time and just disabled?

Regardless, I'm mostly mad at myself for not saving them just because I thought it would only be new engrams earned like it usually is. Oh well, I'm definitely hunting them down regardless.

It's exciting to get back old exotic because the new meta didn't leave many choices for them. Combining all of the old with the new, a lot more combinations hopefully. Plus, I've missed some of them. Mainly, the possibilities.

Remember my golden rule, friend, it is important to hoard in Destiny. Bungie changes their mind every single time lol.

to anyone with an elite controller: make sure you set your triggers from short to long. i was getting my ass kicked and realized i wasnt doing max speed. oh the difference.....

E92 M3

to anyone with an elite controller: make sure you set your triggers from short to long. i was getting my ass kicked and realized i wasnt doing max speed. oh the difference.....

Lol that's a good tip

Yes. And it's pretty tricky!

The crazier, the better - might even feel like Jet Moto!

I don't have the inventory or vault space to hoard!!!!

I'm constantly capped out too, but some sacrifices have to be made :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom