• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
CUiHdDwVAAAEmzl.jpg:large

Ayyyyy

Namikaze1

What about a PS Plus trial and a new account?
Nope. Need to buy Taken King on the sub account:

Q: Can I access Refer-a-Friend if I am playing Destiny through console sharing features?

A: Bungie does not support console sharing features. Players must own Destiny: The Taken King in order to qualify for Referee status in the Refer-a-Friend program, and meet the requirements listed above. You'd each have to re-buy TTK.

Your sub account can access the TTK content due to having bought it on your main. But for the refer a friend thing to work, you need to buy TTK for it.

It freaking sucks.

Jinjo

Man Bungie's FAQ is useless. Can I, or can I not refer a friend who only played The Dark Below but never HoW/TTK?

Anyone know this? Technically he never played destiny the Taken King. Only vanilla Destiny. Still only plays vanilla (+ TDB). Basicly, would legacy players upgrading to the taken king qualify? Can anyone at Bungie confirm or not before I sucker a friend into buying the taken king for this please.

Yes, I know this is what you want, but it's not gonna happen without a confirmation.

Anyone know this? Technically he never played destiny the Taken King. Only vanilla Destiny. Still only plays vanilla (+ TDB). Basicly, would legacy players upgrading to the taken king qualify? Can anyone at Bungie confirm or not before I sucker a friend into buying the taken king for this please.

Yes, I know this is what you want, but it's not gonna happen without a confirmation.

Far from useless is basically the first line on the FAQ page.

Players may qualify for Referee status for 7 days when playing Destiny: The Taken King for the first time after purchase.

Jinjo

Far from useless is basically the first line on the FAQ page.

Players may qualify for Referee status for 7 days when playing Destiny: The Taken King for the first time after purchase.

I'm not an idiot. My question is whether playing an unupgraded Destiny is what Bungie qualifies as "Destiny: The Taken King" or not? The tile and title screen for vanilla Destiny now too says "The Taken King" etc. Nowhere does it explicitly say, hey vanilla players upgrading qualify for this too.

phen0m24

I'm with Xplicitone on this as I've bought wayyyyyyyyy too many copies of this game and season passes and everything. Not buying it again.

And Luke, if you're reading this if Hawkian and Drizzay don't get this stuff by default by doing countless countless countless noobie sherpa runs, then something is broken.

I still have doubts that somehow the console knows the physical copy of TTK CE is mine and not the newly activated psn id I would make in order to do this though. I'm with Trakan here.

I'm not an idiot. My question is whether playing an unupgraded Destiny is what Bungie qualifies as "Destiny: The Taken King" or not? The tile and title screen for vanilla Destiny now too says "The Taken King" etc. Nowhere does it explicitly say, hey vanilla players upgrading qualify for this too.

It clearly says after purchase of The Taken King. A game purchased over a year ago is not the Taken King and if Bungie classified it as such that would be moronic. You should be fine.

Unless Luke decides to post in here, which I doubt he will given how salty it has gotten, you probably won't get much confirmation today beyond common sense and what has already been provided. If you are so unsure based upon what has been published wait it out for a few more days until other people have tried it out.

I still have doubts that somehow the console knows the physical copy of TTK CE is mine and not the newly activated psn id I would make in order to do this though. I'm with Trakan here.

No such thing as a Physical edition is there? You would have just redeemed the code on your account.

I'm with Xplicitone on this as I've bought wayyyyyyyyy too many copies of this game and season passes and everything. Not buying it again.

And Luke, if you're reading this if Hawkian and Drizzay don't get this stuff by default by doing countless countless countless noobie sherpa runs, then something is broken.

hawk and drizz referred people before it was cool

also bogey and unstable

I'm getting a sinking feeling that we may not see much more "new" Destiny content and that we'll be strung along with updated versions of Vault of Glass, Crota's End and Prison of Elders after the King's Fall challenge modes are released. Im expecting Destiny 2 to launch Fall 2016 at this point and I'm going to assume Bungie will want to save anything new and significant for Destiny 2.

Hope I'm wrong and we get at least one more new end-game PvE activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom