• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoops forgot about Falifax!

latest

I'd prefer to just do Golgoroth, but since it's so close to the end, I wouldn't mind completing the whole thing if someone wanted to.

Of course we want to do Oryx! That exotic chance

Shiv47

I forgot how pissed off I get in racing games when I tried SRL. Really annoying to get stuck on geometry and basically kill any chance you have. Did have three people get kicked from my last race, so an easy top 3 finish at least. Seems like winners are just blowing away the field; couldn't get closer than 8-9 seconds behind winner in any race, sometimes as many as 20. Hitting gates doesn't seem to matter as much either; I hit eight more gates than the winner in the one race I finished second and was still 8 seconds back.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Wow, the female sparrow armor is curvy. Usually armor in this game just makes women look like skinny men.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How are your FRs?
Mmmm, they's good.

To any aspiring FR users out there, do not ignore the patch note about Crouching accuracy...
So how is PvP right now? Are AR's and HC's good now? Are pulse rifles still viable or are they worthless now?
I'm seeing ARs all over the place and getting killed by them. Too early to tell though I suppose. Fabian Strategy seems crazy for a rushdown playstyle.

HCs are markedly improved. No more misses that should be hits at all, at least IMO.

Pulses, don't have any data for you yet really. Got killed by a few including Red Death, and lost a 1v1 to Red Death with Hawkmoon. Simply didn't see as many as we're used to though so it's hard to say

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Do you have to complete 5 races before the rewards that are included with the book are available?
I'm not seeing anything at kiosks

daedalius

Mmmm, they's good.

To any aspiring FR users out there, do not ignore the patch note about Crouching accuracy...

I'm seeing ARs all over the place and getting killed by them. Too early to tell though I suppose. Fabian Strategy seems crazy for a rushdown playstyle.

HCs are markedly improved. No more misses that should be hits at all, at least IMO.

Pulses, don't have any data for you yet really. Got killed by a few including Red Death, and lost a 1v1 to Red Death with Hawkmoon. Simply didn't see as many as we're used to though so it's hard to say

I got chewed up a few times with some Suros PDX or something vs my hawkmoon, was kind of surprised I was getting murdered that handily from close range. I think Pulses will still be very good, but maybe not the only choice now.

stay gold

Uh, so theres a bunch of people on Reddit saying their exotic leg engrams have decrypted into nothing (like blues were a while ago), might want to hang onto any you get for a day or so. Possibly just Warlocks due to them having no exotic legs.

Falifax

whoops forgot about Falifax!

I'd prefer to just do Golgoroth, but since it's so close to the end, I wouldn't mind completing the whole thing if someone wanted to.

You can pick someone else if you guys are doing the raid all the way up to Oryx. For me it would be really late for that and I can't take my fucked up sleep schedule anymore.

I forgot how pissed off I get in racing games when I tried SRL. Really annoying to get stuck on geometry and basically kill any chance you have. Did have three people get kicked from my last race, so an easy top 3 finish at least. Seems like winners are just blowing away the field; couldn't get closer than 8-9 seconds behind winner in any race, sometimes as many as 20. Hitting gates doesn't seem to matter as much either; I hit eight more gates than the winner in the one race I finished second and was still 8 seconds back.

The game has a sort of "rubber banding" system in place, so don't give up if you're int eh back.

The duration of a boost in first place is half as long as the boost duration of last place.

Also, hits are not a good way to judge players because if you are at max speed, you should be using shortcuts instead of hitting every marker.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Been kicking ass in SRL over my lunch break - I love it. I don't know why so many of my Destiny friends seem so negative about it, especially considering a number of them enjoy racing. I certainly hope this event sticks around and becomes a returning and expanded feature.

Shiv47

The game has a sort of "rubber banding" system in place, so don't give up if you're int eh back.

The duration of a boost in first place is half as long as the boost duration of last place.

Also, hits are not a good way to judge players because if you are at max speed, you should be using shortcuts instead of hitting every marker.

I wasn't seeing much catching up on my part, but then I don't have the courses memorized yet. My impression was you make a mistake, and you're screwed. The races I finished fourth or fifth, I hit something somewhere along the route that held me up, and I never came close to catching the leaders.

I wasn't seeing much catching up on my part, but then I don't have the courses memorized yet. My impression was you make a mistake, and you're screwed. The races I finished fourth or fifth, I hit something somewhere along the route that held me up, and I never came close to catching the leaders.

I did one on Mars recently where I died from the first fan and fell to last. Caught back up and took 1st place, then hit that damn column in the center of the track and fell back to last. Then still managed to finish at second place.

Something else to note is that the size of the gates are relative to your position. So the size of the gate in 6th place is about 3 times the size of 1st place. So you have more freedom and more room for error in the back than you do in the front.

Weird, there seems to be a new dead ghost on the moon.

Where?

I need the opposite, have ran full raid once and Golgoroth to Oryx x2, need totems + Warpriest on those(still don't have 320 ghost and want the chance of 320 special infusion material). Probably best off having someone else join.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got chewed up a few times with some Suros PDX or something vs my hawkmoon, was kind of surprised I was getting murdered that handily from close range. I think Pulses will still be very good, but maybe not the only choice now.
Sounds right. They can definitely compete at HC range which isn't necessary a bad thing. Would like some impression from SR users against them.
Also, this is not my area of expertise, but I think that TLW's old role may be back. It is very accurate in comparison to before this patch. Those two options will make for some interesting 1v1s up close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom