• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

I just want to know what the reward for 50 calcified fragments is and whether it's worth continuing doing Challenge Mode. If it unlocks a cool quest line I'd be down, but if it's an underwhelming exotic then meh. The light level isn't really worth it.

Deku Tree

probably just a patch and a full refund

at least, that's what should be done.

If they can ban ToO cheaters, and prevent them from using their ToO gear without a patch, then they could patch the exploit and prevent people who didn't buy the book from using the book rewards.

Not sure why they would do a refund to people who bought the book.

I just want to know what the reward for 50 calcified fragments is and whether it's worth continuing doing Challenge Mode. If it unlocks a cool quest line I'd be down, but if it's an underwhelming exotic then meh. The light level isn't really worth it.

It's the Beltane shader at the very least. Maybe more?

Preach it brother, I'm going all out martyr and not even attempting it. Same with FoTL didn't fill one candy bag and will continue not to engage with stuff like this. If they bring proper end game stuff then i'll throw my money at the screen but until then, no thanks

Thank you. I'll gladly pay for a HoW style expansion at $40 a pop instead of "microtransaction paid for DLC which btw is just going to be silly events with no real content".

They said microtransactions would pay for DLC so it would be free for us! Shouldn't be surprised we got microtransaction-quality level DLC.

WipedOut

Probably another exotic, maybe tied to that extra blueprint showing up after buying Mida.

I hope you don't get anything for the 50 calcified fragments. No exotic, no shader, no ship, nothing. Then I hope people assume it's a glitch and they ask Bungie about it and Bungie's all like, "no. There's no glitch. Thanks for playing."

Hypothesizing what the Oryx Guaranteed Challenge Loot will be. I'm thinking:

320 piece of gear picked from the entire raid loot table
320 Primary OR Helmet. Can get one or the other but not both.

I don't think we'll get an artifact.

320 primary + 320 artifact.

Chance to get 320 helmet (maybe).

Oryx should ideally drop both 320 primary and 320 helmet, but it won't happen.

It's the Beltane shader at the very least. Maybe more?

Shader, emblem and Fatal Vision ship.

Sure I'd be down for a KF HM/ Golgy Challenge run. psn Dontbrickmebro

And it will be glorious! So many wipes!

I´d be up for some, just have to eat first tho.

Still need to do 2 runs

I've been busy with school so I only did Golgy CM 3 times. Totally up for a full run.

Psn skywalker_3li
I don't have any CPs. Was thinking of doing full run. You all ok with that?

Fill out your PSNs (on mobile atm):

1. j0hnny_385

LTWood12

Shader, emblem and Fatal Vision ship.

I think he almost certainly will drop a 320 item from across the whole loot table. Otherwise there's no guaranteed way to get 320:

Ghost
Fusion Rifle
Class Item
Shotgun

I really find it odd that these new racing sparrows, as cool as they look, are slower and worse at racing than any regular sparrow upgraded to legendary. I want to use my new sparrow...but I'd like to win too.

Even if he did drop everything we wanted...then what? Our reset group had this discussion briefly while doing the Golgoroth challenge.

There's no new significant DLC confirmed by Bungie. We can successfully complete Oryx at 310+

Being 320 at this point is just chasing a number. I understand some want it for completion, but it serves no real purpose this time around. It stinks.

Also, not trying to single you out Death or say anything negative about anyone wanting to get to 320 :)

LTWood12

Even if he did drop everything we wanted...then what? Our reset group had this discussion briefly while doing the Golgoroth challenge.

There's no new significant DLC confirmed by Bungie. We can successfully complete Oryx at 310+

Being 320 at this point is just chasing a number. I understand some want it for completion, but it serves no real purpose this time around. It stinks.

Also, not trying to single you out Death or say anything negative about anyone wanting to get to 320 :)

Hopefully getting the 50th fragment leads to something cool.

Deku Tree

I made an excel file about how much it costs to make donations at factions in exchange for reputation. But I don't know the best way to put the results into a post... I don't want to post a link to the excel file, I just want to put the results formatted in an easy to read way into a post.

I made an excel file about how much it costs to make donations at factions in exchange for reputation. But I don't know the best way to put the results into a post... I don't want to post a link to the excel file, I just want to put the results formatted in an easy to read way into a post.

Just screen cap it with PrtScn and paste it into MSpaint, and upload the image.

That's what I usually do.

So I'm sure this has been said before now, but are these challenges basically Bungie making up for what HM should have been?

No, hard raid is fine on its own. It was designed first and then difficulty toned down for normal, which is the right idea going forward.

We don't want the Crota situation again where we just fight waves of majors while being under-leveled. Challenge mode just makes everyone in the team use the mechanics, not just a few of them. I don't see why challenge mode has to be something really incredibly tough that only the 1% of the 1% of the 1% should be able to do.

The time gate between normal, hard and challenge modes was way too much and the loot sucks, that is the real problem.

lt519

Hopefully getting the 50th fragment leads to something cool.

It should be a god-tier weapon that annihilates everything in PvE but is useless in PvP. Give us something Gjallahorn tier. We've done everything, we did your raids, we did your challenges, your Court of Oryx. Let us have some rampage fun now.

You gotta get on that One Note game. Windows + S to highlight any part of your screen to clipboard and then can directly paste into imgur. Skips the whole Paint step and cropping.

Oh I know, 320 or 316, there is barely any difference. If you have a 320 ToM and 320 spindle, you're going to melt stuff at 311+.

Bungie want it to take as long a possible for us to reach 320, because that would make a lot of players leave and do other stuff. Hence the grind and obnoxious RNG.

lt519

Oh I know, 320 or 316, there is barely any difference. If you have a 320 ToM and 320 spindle, you're going to melt stuff at 311+.

Bungie want it to take as long a possible for us to reach 320, because that would make a lot of players leave and do other stuff. Hence the grind and obnoxious RNG.

I already left at 315, I just like posting here and complaining about a game I play once a month :)

I need to step away from the time sink games though or I may piss off the soon to be wife. I just moved from Destiny to Fallout to Divinity and probably Xenoblade next...Maybe I just like loot. My girlfriend should just hide loot all around our apartment for me to find after work everyday. Write 320 on it in a sharpie.

Deku Tree

Ok, this is it:

0dK85Q5.jpg

Let me know if I made any mistakes.

Seems to me the best way to grind rep without going out of your way to "grind" is (1) buy heavy synth with ether seeds from Variks (pick up your variks package each week if you can) (2) donate the motes that you get from playing the game and handing in bounties (3) donate your excess planetary mats that you accumulate if it is consistent with your chosen faction (4) buy weapon parts with your excess glimmer from the gunsmith and donate it.

I always try to equip the proper ghost to accumulate glimmer and/or generate planetary mats while playing. Seems easy and a no brainer.

I would love to build out ideal sets of gear, INT/STR for my Defender, INT/DISC for my Sunbreaker/Striker, Scout/Sniper perks for Raiding, Scout/Shotgun for No Back Up Plans in the Crucible, etc.

But drop rates are so low that it doesn't feel worth it. It's the familiar Year 1 experience all over. I want to play more, but the game pushes me away.

tumblr_mal31bp8gh1rnjyuy-38913e1d6a7b94cb0f55994f679f5956.gif

Man, Luke's whole talk about shortening the vertical power climb and allowing us to work on horizontal progression turned out to be completely backwards. The vertical power climb is infinite and if you want to go horizontally, it requires going down vertically.

Year 2 end game is just a complete mess.

I already left at 315, I just like posting here and complaining about a game I play once a month :)

I need to step away from the time sink games though or I may piss off the soon to be wife. I just moved from Destiny to Fallout to Divinity and probably Xenoblade next...Maybe I just like loot. My girlfriend should just hide loot all around our apartment for me to find after work everyday. Write 320 on it in a sharpie.

Sounds like an elegant solution to your addiction.

Do the dishes. Get a 320 cookie.

LTWood12

Wonder when Bungie will respond to the glaring issues w/ the patch. I'm sure they don't want to advertise that you don't have to spend the $10 by acknowledging the bug. But I'm much more concerned about the screwy weapon changes/lack of changes.

I would love to build out ideal sets of gear, INT/STR for my Defender, INT/DISC for my Sunbreaker/Striker, Scout/Sniper perks for Raiding, Scout/Shotgun for No Back Up Plans in the Crucible, etc.

But drop rates are so low that it doesn't feel worth it. It's the familiar Year 1 experience all over. I want to play more, but the game pushes me away.

Man, Luke's whole talk about shortening the vertical power climb and allowing us to work on horizontal progression turned out to be completely backwards. The vertical power climb is infinite and if you want to go horizontally, it requires going down vertically.

Add to that the ridiculous amount of XP to level gear and I've gone with close enough is good enough. I can't be arsed to level new gear, what with a crucible bounty filling 1/100th of a bubble

Yes. Yes. Yes. This is EXACTLY how I feel.

Basically, all I do is infuse stuff to make max int/disc PvP gear and call it a day. I don't even care how it looks anymore.

Edit: I don't even care about the "new" exotics. I am just going to buy everything from the Kiosk. Prolly won't even infuse most of it.

lt519

Sounds like an elegant solution to your addiction.

Do the dishes. Get a 320 cookie.

Gotta implement RNG man. Sometime's it's a 320 cookie, sometimes it's a 315 brownie, and if we want to scratch that Destiny itch sometimes it can just be more dishes.

E92 M3

I don't think it's Luke's fault, the investment team really messed up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom