• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Could Reddit be more useless? Heaven forbid we discuss the current state of the game.

Definitely a rant. Weapon talk is gonna need like... at least more than a couple of days to settle in again. Especially with the typical deciphering of Bungie's actual patch

I want to say mida/sidearm/dancemachines is unfair as fuck but its not even the weekend yet lol

Frenden

Banned
Definitely a rant. Weapon talk is gonna need like... at least more than a couple of days to settle in again. Especially with the typical deciphering of Bungie's actual patch

I want to say mida/sidearm/dancemachines is unfair as fuck but its not even the weekend yet lol

There would be a lot more vitriol were it a rant. I'm attempting to be as objective as possible and was asking if others observed and felt the same. A rant is caps, swearing, and blameless accusation.

Reddit's skin is so thin that they get paper cuts from looking at looseleaf.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
There would be a lot more vitriol were it a rant. I'm attempting to be as objective as possible and was asking if others observed and felt the same. A rant is caps, swearing, and blameless accusation.

Reddit's skin is so thin that they get paper cuts from looking at looseleaf.

You can't be objective about balance this soon after a major update in anything though.

Remember guys saying that Monte Carlo was running shit in Year 2 during purgatory week? Same thing. People are upset because shit is messy. Let it set.

Frenden

Banned
You can't be objective about balance this soon after a major update in anything though.

Remember guys saying that Monte Carlo was running shit in Year 2 during purgatory week? Same thing. People are upset because shit is messy. Let it set.

So we can't have proto-opinions? We can't discuss early observations? Why? That's a line of thinking I just don't agree with.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
They'll release a patch at 3 AM if it means saving them money. In all honesty, though, the book buyers did feel slighted, Bungie had to do something.

Doesn't excuse their horrendous lying though.

How were the book buyers slighted? Not challenging you, just don't know the details.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I can say that as a book buyer I feel slighted in the fact that I do not currently have a new shader, I do not have a new emblem, I am not honking a new horn and I am not riding one of the new styles of sparrows.

So what did I get for my $10???

I can say that as a book buyer I feel slighted in the fact that I do not currently have a new shader, I do not have a new emblem, I am not honking a new horn and I am not riding one of the new styles of sparrows.

So what did I spend I get for my $10???

You have to fill out the book to get the rewards. So, there's that. The emblem does look cool however. They did that right.

schlew

So what did I spend I get for my $10???

Start racing and you'll start earning rewards (from the book...plus drops).

Ghazi

So what did I get for my $10???

You literally get 3 out of 4 of those requests from the book.

Even with HCs rebuffed, they're still worse than they were. PRs are undeniably worse (the highest impact tier, Chlamydia-D is 19% damage reduced for instance). ARs are still not viable (unless they backtrack on the lol-.04% thing). Shotguns are nerfed (apparently they're like shooting underwater, but I'm no shotty user, so ymmv). Fusion rifles are worse (more bolts to kill, speculation on glitched ads accuracy).

Basically everything got worse except HCs. But HCs are a shadow of what they used to be still. All guns are mediocre now. The meta is slow and favors unskilled players more than ever.

Shotguns feel the same to me. I have to get just a TAD closer, but I also main a Warlock so my melee is broken as hell for cleanup.

I agree with you Frenden. Nothing stands out anymore. It's all just very "meh".

Trouble

Banned
Anyone up for helping me with the last mission I need for Finesse and Speed? I just need to do Fear's Embrace. Just failed it and it's late so I just wanna knock it out and get my sparrow before bed.

PSN: TroubleIsMyName

E: Chur joined up with me.

E2: Done, thanks!

"A dubious, incorrect value was found in our patch notes. We're gathering details to clarify. No illuminati involved, as far as I can tell."

https://twitter.com/urkmcgurk/status/674815235186798592

"We made this error consistently, both in the sandbox explanation, in the patch notes of different languages, and we really only meant a .04% buff for Auto Rifles. We uh, the reason why is uh, uhm, BUY OUR BOOK!"

Fuck off Bungie.

This game is making me elicit a whole lot of WHATEVER this week.

They earned some good will with how much fun sparrow racing was. The MT's had already docked alotta good will before that though. The book thing aggain, docked some good will. Now this whole patch bullshit has eliminated that whole good will.

1 steps forward 5 steps back.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Omg Shimmer makes other colours glow too.

y7QAWEh.jpg

u0455XA.jpg

Thanks Smiley.

If anybody wants to do Outbound and Fear's embrace I'm up for it.

Haha might as well do those too!

Frenden

Banned
I wanted this style of helm back in vanilla. I never bothered to buy one, though. I'm glad FWC is selling it. Best looking titan helm IMO. Now to level it up...

CV19NmZUkAAGTkT.jpg:large

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
You have to fill out the book to get the rewards. So, there's that. The emblem does look cool however. They did that right.

For the money wouldn't it be reasonable that something is given to you immediately?
Would have been cool to be riding a new sparrow while I complete these challenges. As it stands now I've completed 40ish races on my same old bike.

Actually trying to get 1st place in SLR is heartbreaking. If you just play with no desire to be first, then it's pretty fun.
It's extremely easy to go from first place to last in the blink of an eye. It's too easy to get stuck in a wall, to hang in the air too long or to flip over but not immediately blow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom