• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So before they we're correct about the pulse Nerf pretty much but the auto rifle numbers were off. Rather than fix the patch they reworded the notes so everything was changed to 0.0X%,thus making auto rifles accurate but now the pulse change makes no sense. What in the actual fuck.

Also, since autos do like 20 dmg per shot, who in their fucking right mind tweaks them by 0.09%. What the hell does that do?

But they can pump out a hot fix super quickly for a micro transaction bug.

Took them how long to fix the Shadowshot glitch?

I think that might finally be the final straw for me with this game. After 500+ hours of this game, I'm getting sick of this.

lt519

Sorry had to bail so quick last night guys, hit the girlfriend enrage pretty quick at 230am after six beers and a lot of rocket league

flkraven

But they can pump out a hot fix super quickly for a micro transaction bug.

Took them how long to fix the Shadowshot glitch?

I think that might finally be the final straw for me with this game. After 500+ hours of this game, I'm getting sick of this.

I couldn't get a Husk of the Pit for months. I fucking grinded for it while they said 'working as intended'. Then finally they come out and say it's not dropping, and patch it in, even though the entire community had been saying it wasn't working from the start. It's not fair to paint things with a wide brush, but it really does feel that they prioritize patching out cheeses that benefit the players (ie. SRL book, cheesing mechanics, etc) while there is a low priority given to glitches that downright fuck the players (ie. heavy synth/ammo glitch, Husk of the Pit drop rate, AR adjustments).

flkraven

Wow Reddit ain't happy. Normally they are the ones to down vote any criticism of Bungie.

Front Page of Reddit:

-We understand mistakes happen Bungie. Please give us, your dedicated and intensely loyal playerbase, the truth.

-Why does it seem like Bungie's first instinct is to lie about screw ups?

-On what planet does "a 0.9% reduction from previous base damage" result in a drop from 38 damage to 33?

-Thanks Bungie, for delivering on your promise for 320 helmets. (sarcasm post against Bungie)

-Bungie, why do you continually push fusion rifles further and further into their graves?

-Bungie, please refund/compensate those of us who actually paid 1000 silver for the SLR Record Book

-Apparently the Notes for 2.1.0 have been revised, it seems Bungie made a decimal error.

-The reason we complain about Destiny is because we care about Destiny.

Far different from the usual praise and fluff.

Number45

To be fair, and I'm not defending the other shit that they haven't fixed, they had to patch the SRL book pronto because it was basically a massive (unintentional) FUCK YOU to everyone that paid for it.

E92 M3

Wow Reddit ain't happy. Normally they are the ones to down vote any criticism of Bungie.

Front Page of Reddit:

-We understand mistakes happen Bungie. Please give us, your dedicated and intensely loyal playerbase, the truth.

-Why does it seem like Bungie's first instinct is to lie about screw ups?

-On what planet does "a 0.9% reduction from previous base damage" result in a drop from 38 damage to 33?

-Thanks Bungie, for delivering on your promise for 320 helmets. (sarcasm post against Bungie)

-Bungie, why do you continually push fusion rifles further and further into their graves?

-Bungie, please refund/compensate those of us who actually paid 1000 silver for the SLR Record Book

-Apparently the Notes for 2.1.0 have been revised, it seems Bungie made a decimal error.

-The reason we complain about Destiny is because we care about Destiny.

Far different from the usual praise and fluff.

There really is no way to spin what Bungie is doing in a positive matter.

I find it weird that Bungie would straight up lie to us in the revisited patch note update.There is no way they intended to buff with 0.04% NO WAY. This is a lie.

Tonights Bungie Weekly update will be interesting

E92 M3

I find it weird that Bungie would straight up lie to us in the revisited patch note update.There is no way they intended to buff with 0.04% NO WAY. This is a lie.

Tonights Bungie Weekly update will be interesting

I find that to be most insulting. They think their community cannot do math.

Zocano

I don't quite think it's lying but rather they have some arcane as fuck system in place for gun damage and attributes and why the numbers never make any fucking sense. Fixing it is probably not something they can do as a small "live" team while the rest of the company is making Destiny 2.

flkraven

There really is no way to spin what Bungie is doing in a positive matter.

Exactly. But it's even weirder than that. I mean, the only answer is they are lying, right? If they were genuinely planning on making this adjustment in this patch:

Auto Rifles

•Small increase to base damage

◦Low RoF (Suros Regime, An Answering Chord): 0.3% increase from previous base damage
◦Med RoF (Zhalo Supercell, Paleocontact JPK-43): 0.7% increase from previous base damage
◦High RoF (Arminius-D, Necrochasm): 0.04% increase from previous base damage

They wouldn't even have mentioned it. Not in patch notes. Not in balance updates. No where. On a weapon that does less than 40 damage per shot with rounding to the nearest whole, a 0.04% to 0.7% damage change is quite literally nothing. I don't even understand why they would be changing between 0.04% and 0.7%.

The nechro boost is like a max 0.016 damage per shot. The Zhalo archetype apparently got the biggest boost, and with 20 dmg at body shots, that's an additional 0.14 damage per shot. That's like an extra 2 damage per entire clip.

E92 M3

Exactly. But it's even weirder than that. I mean, the only answer is they are lying, right? If they were genuinely planning on making this adjustment in this patch:

Auto Rifles

•Small increase to base damage

◦Low RoF (Suros Regime, An Answering Chord): 0.3% increase from previous base damage
◦Med RoF (Zhalo Supercell, Paleocontact JPK-43): 0.7% increase from previous base damage
◦High RoF (Arminius-D, Necrochasm): 0.04% increase from previous base damage

They wouldn't even have mentioned it. Not in patch notes. Not in balance updates. No where. On a weapon that does less than 40 damage per shot with rounding to the nearest whole, a 0.04% to 0.7% damage change is quite literally nothing. I don't even understand why they would be changing between 0.04% and 0.7%.

The nechro boost is like a max 0.016 damage per shot. The Zhalo archetype apparently got the biggest boost, and with 20 dmg at body shots, that's an additional 0.14 damage per shot. That's like an extra 2 damage per entire clip.

Exactly, it's a nonexistent change that's not visible to any players. That's why I am curious who gave the order to just pretend everything was intended.

I don't quite think it's lying but rather they have some arcane as fuck system in place for gun damage and attributes and why the numbers never make any fucking sense. Fixing it is probably not something they can do as a small "live" team while the rest of the company is making Destiny 2.

There is no math system that would let a .04% change in damage do anything of worth. In either direction. I have no idea what they're doing. When the DLC hit everything was great, the system was awesome. Then they had to start their nerf patches, and changes.

It started with weapon parts and strange coins nerf. It continued with the stupid length of time it took them to fix the shadowshot exploit. The NF is still worthless, the HM raid loot system is broken as fuck. Crucible is terrible with the insanely quick TTK.

Destiny has managed to add a DLC but actually make it seem like there's less content than before.

It just seems like every month they do something to make the game worse. They haven't done anything that has made the game any better.

No doubt they've gone some NASA type algorithms at work but even that doesn't justify the 0.04% "buff"

The typo thing doesn't wash either due to how they kept repeating it

Said the same yesterday, its extra stale now. We've gone from a million mile an hour blink shotgunning all action Hand Cannon meta
to this stale boring long range pulse hard scoping nonsense

Edit I see all the Bungie people on Twitter are still pushing this typo nonsense. They probably could have got away with if it wasn't for those pesky pulse rifles

Double edit A Ramlock with + armour can survive a rez snipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LquCv1byRoE&feature=youtu.be so presumably a storm caller with arc armour will tank a shitoad of damage as well

Yup. I went into the crucible last night with Ghaz and Afro. I tried a few different weapons.

The MIDA - Great gun. It's just not fun to use IMHO. It sounds weak and doesn't "feel" strong. It's just, "Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap" I expect to see it a lot in long distance Trials maps.

TLW - Feels better, but it's still a shadow of its former self.

HC - I did alright with The Water Star, but I was out gunned by PRs, Shotguns, and just about everything else unless I was in the perfect range.

AR - obviously nothing has changed

Shotguns - they seem unaffected to my style of play. I did have to get a tad closer, but that's what sliding is for.

At the end of the day, My Hawksaw and Conspiracy Theory still do the job well. Everything is muted and boring. Thorn Meta sucked, but damn was TLW and Hawkmoon fun to use.

Edit: It was also fun listening to Ghaz express his concerns with the patch. He's a damn good PvP player. When someone who loves and play it that much isn't happy, then something is wrong.

I turned up my thermostat by 0.04%. I should probably alert my landlord of the changes in the electric bill.

Well hold on now. .04% of Celsius or Fahrenheit?

Because that's a pretty drastic difference. I mean, we're talking

.02 degrees F compared to .01 degrees C.

That's a 100% increase of a difference.

Destiny |OT♦38| Decimalgate

Destiny |OT♦38|Bungie Decimates Playerbase with Patch changes

The one problem I have is actually winning races.

I'm wondering if it can be cheesed.

If we have a full fireteam, we can race and let someone win. Rinse and repeat that for each of the racers. Then we start the cycle again.

If it's 5 minutes per race, it would be 30 minutes per cycle, give or take. In 1:00 or 1:15 we can have 2 wins each.

We can do that 5 times per week and we are halfway there.

Would this work? Anyone interested? Or is everyone here winning most of their races?

Yeah no reason why it shouldn't work, I think there are a few players who wanted to team up for the wins, myself included. Can't be arsed wasting time trying to get 1st place for S license.

lt519

There is just absolutely no way out of this one for Bungie. They can do one of two things:

1. Say they screwed up the patch and edited the patch notes to reflect what they actually changed and are going to hot fix in the correct values.

2. Say they screwed up the update notes and patched in the correct values.

The first makes them look idiotic because this got through testing, especially in light of the other bugs with this patch.

The second makes them look idiotic because the changes are negligible and it makes them look like they are just covering their asses. They are also still factually incorrect because of the Pulse Rifle 19% damage drops, etc.

There is absolutely no way they can possibly come out on top after this update and is why they should just admit it was a mistake even if it was what they really intended. That'd be the only way to appease everyone. We could all have a good laugh and move on. If they say it was what they intended it just reinforces the fact they are poor communicators and that they have no idea how to balance their game.

Afrocious

I'm calling it: The update won't mention anything about the meta. We'll just get a bunch of info on SRL stats, and then maybe something vague about imminent updates in the future to guns.

The decimal stuff will be brought up once. The crux of the tidbit will be to say the meta is as intended.

Has Deej, the spokesperson of Bungie ever come out to apologize for anything?

I'm calling it: The update won't mention anything about the meta. We'll just get a bunch of info on SRL stats, and then maybe something vague about imminent updates in the future to guns.

The decimal stuff will be brought up once. The crux of the tidbit will be to say the meta is as intended.

Honestly, I'm a bit worry about something like this. I'm afraid what will actually happen is Bungie will say as little (or nothing) about the situation as possible, and hope that it'll just go away.

Which will only really piss off people like us and the Reddit community, but hardly any of their average users, because they don't even know whats going on anyway.

After trying Sparrow Racing League and how underwhelming the newest patch and its issues were I can say that I was enjoying myself more at this time in Year 1, yes even with the Xurification and Hard Mode Crota.

The Dark Below, Crota's End, new strikes/missions, new exotics, etc. etc.

It isn't coincidence that SRL and the patch hit basically the same week of December that TDB did in Year 1.

Iron Banner was introduced in Year 1 around the same time Festival of the Lost was introduced in Year 2.

The raid loot is still awful, and with no challenge mode for the Daughters, that means class items become the new 320 Ghost that never wants to drop. Also, Oryx Challenge Mode loot could be a wash if it is 1 320 item from the loot table since that is what Oryx drops. Hopefully a 320 primary and a 320 helmet are the guaranteed rewards.

Year 2 was filled with more content, but the grind for rep, materials, etc. was lengthened by nerfing rep gains and more.

I am in the camp of paying for DLC than microtransactions just funding more events that are based on microtransactions and patches. Even a monthly fee would be better than that.

All I really want to do is Oryx challenge mode next week and to get my S Rank SRL license so I can just grind races to hopefully get 320 helmets to drop. Not spending a dime on this event.

Those betting that Urk would get involved were right. He tweeted this last night:

X14tXMI.png

But I don't get that at all. That seems to be saying that the problem is with the patch notes, not the patch itself. Also, notice that it's "A value" he said that's the problem. What?

We have 3 things here that are wildly out of alignment:
  • Jon's Promised Weapons Balance Post,
  • The Updated Patch notes that make no sense
  • The actual patch game with

I have no idea what to believe.

Those betting that Urk would get involved were right. He tweeted this last night:

X14tXMI.png

But I don't get that at all. That seems to be saying that the problem is with the patch notes, not the patch itself. Also, notice that it's "A value" he said that's the problem. What?

Yeah, I called that one. This mess is too big for Deej to clean up properly.

LTWood12

The update is going to be basically analagous to Trump and the whole 'i saw muslims celebrating 9/11 in New Jersey.' Everyone with a brain knows this isn't true and called him out on it, but he gives zero fucks and just continues to say it.

They've committed to the typo bullshit, and they're going to double down on it. It'll be a short, non-response.

Yup. I went into the crucible last night with Ghaz and Afro. I tried a few different weapons.

The MIDA - Great gun. It's just not fun to use IMHO. It sounds weak and doesn't "feel" strong. It's just, "Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap" I expect to see it a lot in long distance Trials maps.

TLW - Feels better, but it's still a shadow of its former self.

HC - I did alright with The Water Star, but I was out gunned by PRs, Shotguns, and just about everything else unless I was in the perfect range.

AR - obviously nothing has changed

Shotguns - they seem unaffected to my style of play. I did have to get a tad closer, but that's what sliding is for.

At the end of the day, My Hawksaw and Conspiracy Theory still do the job well. Everything is muted and boring. Thorn Meta sucked, but damn was TLW and Hawkmoon fun to use.

Edit: It was also fun listening to Ghaz express his concerns with the patch. He's a damn good PvP player. When someone who loves and play it that much isn't happy, then something is wrong.

I think TLW works as intended now. I been a TLW user since it arrived and sure back in the day it was damn amazing but to good imo. I been doing very well since they nerfed it again and now with this buff patch it´s even better. Fits my play style as I like to get close and personal.Hip fire is still boss.

The pulse meta was boring and I rather have Thorn/TLW/Hawkmoon meta again. a lot of fun with agile plays. The TLW still did good for me during this pulse meta, my stats have never been better.

Shotguns did however ruin a lot more than Pulse/HC did all together, but now its much better with the limited range.

The update is going to be basically analagous to Trump and the whole 'i saw muslims celebrating 9/11 in New Jersey.' Everyone with a brain knows this isn't true and called him out on it, but he gives zero fucks and just continues to say it.

They've committed to the typo bullshit, and they're going to double down on it. It'll be a short, non-response.

I'm all for analogies, but lets try to not pull american politics into a Bungie/Destiny/Video game thread.

E92 M3

X14tXMI.png

Yeah, it's a whole big mess and I fear they will just look over it and talk about random stuff.

Still <3 rawksaur

DAT GIGGLE

Yeah, I bet the majority at Bungie are hating what's happening. People work really hard on Destiny.

Yeah, I called that one. This mess is too big for Deej to clean up properly.

Not even Deej has the power level to obfuscate what is already obfuscated.

I think TLW works as intended now. I been a TLW user since it arrived and sure back in the day it was damn amazing but to good imo. I been doing very well since they nerfed it again and now with this buff patch it´s even better. Fits my play style as I like to get close and personal.Hip fire is still boss.

The pulse meta was boring and I rather have Thorn/TLW/Hawkmoon meta again. a lot of fun with agile plays. The TLW still did good for me during this pulse meta, my stats have never been better.

Shotguns did however ruin a lot more than Pulse/HC did all together, but now its much better with the limited range.

It's been a while since I used TLW so I'll trust your thoughts over my brief impressions last night. I'll give it another go.

Raven117

You know,
Everyone keeps saying "Oh, the BWU will be interesting."

Who wants to bet that nothing of any consequence is said?

Something pithy about guardians and sparrows....saying how we all love it. Saying they have more live events planned.

Briefly mention the weapon patch and say something like "we enjoy your feedback on your new weapons." "We are listening."

Might...MIGHT say something about the percent changes...to only say...we are constantly reevaluating the live state of the game and we will continue to tweak weapons...

Nothing...NOTHING...is said about changing the update, or it will be "we wanted to update the notes as soon as possible so guardians could make split second decisions on what weapons to bring into the crucible."

Something about tech issues.

Videos.

Deej, out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom