• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

Bungie isn't so much the Illuminati as much as they are the current state of the GOP, except replace Muslims with the Destiny player base. Deej is Trump. You know this in your heart of hearts.

They can hot fix the damage changes right? They don't need a patch to do that?

the problem is that fixing it anytime soon would basically be an admission of guilt. how would they explain that?

"the patch had the intended changes, but after hearing the community reactions, we've decided to go ahead and multiply the changes BY TEN".

it's just inexplicably dumb that they would lie in the first place. how could they have possibly that that people would believe that those were the intended changes?

darknil

Well, talking about the game, the daily is the Sword of Crota. Has that been in TTK at all?

Man, I miss when I suspected every daily had something special after the Lost to Light craze.

Shito

X14tXMI.png
"A" value probably means he's talking about the PR nerf.
Good thing he's using twitter, the limitation on words helps SO MUCH in making yourself totally clear... /s

lt519

Nah they have to clear the air.

There could be a potentially huge loss of trust.

I don't think anyone trusted them to begin with. This is why it's coming to a boil now, the patch is irrelevant, it's the relationship they've fostered with their players. Too many people have been lured into the loot chase only to have the thing they chased for so long become irrelevant. I haven't bothered going for 320 because I know it'll be irrelevant. I didn't bother farming Grasp of Malok because I knew they would eventually tweak something to make that effort useless. I didn't do the crucible quest line because I knew it was grindy and they'd tweak it to make it easier. I hoarded materials because I didn't know if they'd ever tune their drop rates. I'm not going to chase 50 calcified fragments because I don't know if it'll be a sweet gun, a crappy shader, or worse a repeat of the Necrochasm.

I have zero trust that what is Destiny today will be Destiny tomorrow and that's killed my drive to play the game. That has come from everything they've done in the past, not this patch. This patch will just give a lot of people a good excuse to just mentally check out and bail.

3 things are out of agreement:

1. Jon's promised balance notes
2. Your revised patch notes
3. The actual patch

Which is true?

Respectively, for high impact pulse rifles:
1. 9% decrease in base damage
2. 0.9% decrease in base damage
3. 19% decrease in damage

"A dubious value" or "a typo" doesn't explain this.

phen0m24

Agree 100%

OT - Today is the office Holiday party. I thought it was tomorrow. I had a nice dress shirt cleaned, my suit jacket ready, and new shoes to go with it all. Instead I am in a t-shirt, jeans, hoodie, and vans.

Google Calendar for the win Ape

Dude you're representing at the party
like I do in PvP :p

LTWood12

3 things are out of agreement:

1. Jon's promised balance notes
2. Your revised patch notes
3. The actual patch

Which is true?

Respectively, for high impact pulse rifles:
1. 9% decrease in base damage
2. 0.9% decrease in base damage
3. 19% decrease in damage

"A dubious value" or "a typo" doesn't explain this.

We know which is ACTUALLY true (#3).

20 first places to complete the book... I should have never bought that thing.

I'm having a hard time getting the Venus track to show up the past two days.

I'm currently up to 19 races on mars and 12 on Venus.

I know it's just bad luck, but the titan helmet is dependent on Venus, so I want Venus dammit.

Google Calendar for the win Ape

Dude you're representing at the party
like I do in PvP :p

LOL

Run home on your lunch?

I thought about it. I'm just going to own it. Plus, I would still need to get my haircut and beard trimmed. Womp Womp.

Back on topic, Sparrow Racing is fun, but I'm already tired of it. They should probably just leave it in the game too instead of taking it away.

noomi

I'm behind on my Destiny knowledge lately...how do you get them new sparrows at the kiosk? Some of them say you need "x" license which I get, but what about the ones that say you "Need an Eververse License"

Silver stuff?

Nicodemic

I'm having a hard time getting the Venus track to show up the past two days.

I'm currently up to 19 races on mars and 12 on Venus.

I know it's just bad luck, but the titan helmet is dependent on Venus, so I want Venus dammit.

You have 19 and 12 1st places on Mars and Venus?

Would you play on my account please? Lol

LOL

I thought about it. I'm just going to own it. Plus, I would still need to get my haircut and beard trimmed. Womp Womp.

Back on topic, Sparrow Racing is fun, but I'm already tired of it. They should probably just leave it in the game too instead of taking it away.

Nah. That would kill it.

Treat it like Grifball from halo 3. Bring it around every 5-6 weeks for 1 week, but don't reset rep like they do with Iron Banner.

This makes it more appealing.

I've already started drifting elsewhere in the game because I've told myself it'll still be there in 3 weeks, so there is no hurry to keep playing it. Which is the flaw. If it was going to be gone by next Tuesday, I'd be focusing on it more.

You have 19 and 12 1st places on Mars and Venus?

Would you play on my account please? Lol

No i have 19 and 12 races on Mars and Venus.

My wins are like 12/19 and 9/12 I think

I'm behind on my Destiny knowledge lately...how do you get them new sparrows at the kiosk? Some of them say you need "x" license which I get, but what about the ones that say you "Need an Eververse License"

Silver stuff?
Silver, or have Kadey levels of luck from your nightfall reward.

Silver stuff?

Racer Toolkits can drop them. They come from quests and ranking up the Sparrow Racing faction rep.

You can also buy Racer Toolkits for Silver of course.

Some of them look really good, I don't want to spend any silver but it's nice to know you can at least have a chance to have it drop from a NF.

Kewl...

Talking about that

Can you repeat the quest for the free sparrow on all your characters?

Asking for a friend. That friend being uh, noomi

noomi

Racer Toolkits can drop them. They come from quests and ranking up the Sparrow Racing faction rep.

You can also buy Racer Toolkits for Silver of course.

Good to know, not spending any silver this time around though... even though one of those dances looks funny as all hell.

Talking about that

Can you repeat the quest for the free sparrow on all your characters?

Asking for a friend. That friend being uh, noomi

Last night I might have overheard someone in party chat say something about not able to, maybe account specific? not sure though...

Damn the NF drops are truly shitty and have been in Y2. what happened? Before Y2 began, you almost had one garenteed exotic drop each week if you did NF across all 3 characters.

Now Im getting Ghosts and coins every week, maybe a legendary weapon

darthbob

20 first places to complete the book... I should have never bought that thing.

What's dumb is that it doesn't seem to count previous 1st place wins.

On Tuesday I was getting consistent 1st place wins, but now it seems that every damn game I'm matched up against Dale fucking Earnhardt.

Navy Bean

I may be overly cynical but I honestly don't think Bungie cares anymore until Destiny 2... In the interim, any cash they can milk out of hardcore fans through emotes and other useless stuff is just a bonus.

There's no DLC upcoming and their two main Live Team events have been a costume party and a racing mini-game with one mode and two tracks. Both of which are designed primarily to sell cosmetic stuff through micro transactions.

So, I wouldn't get your hopes up that Deej is gonna provide any clarity today. He will be condescending and smarmy as usual but I doubt there will be any good info.

Next summer the G-horn year 2 will drop to get everyone excited for Destiny 2...(and it will work lol).

noomi

Man, so many new and old exotics are out and I just don't have the drive to get any of them anymore.

Had a MIDA drop and then I bought the bones of eao yesterday, and I think I'm good...

phen0m24

I'm kinda tired of the racing already too.

I hate that you lose speed what seems like constantly. It bugs me. I'm in first, miss one gate and then can't catch back up. BAH

Keeps trying

Damn the NF drops are truly shitty and have been in Y2. what happened? Before Y2 began, you almost had one garenteed exotic drop each week if you did NF across all 3 characters
People complained about how hard the raid ghost was to get, so they made ghosts take up 50% of the nightfall reward table.

noomi

I may be overly cynical but I honestly don't think Bungie cares anymore until Destiny 2... In the interim, any cash they can milk out of hardcore fans through emotes and other useless stuff is just a bonus.

There's no DLC upcoming and their two main Live Team events have been a costume party and a racing mini-game with one mode and two tracks. Both of which are designed primarily to sell cosmetic stuff through micro transactions.

So, I wouldn't get your hopes up that Deej is gonna provide any clarity today. He will be condescending and smarmy as usual but I doubt there will be any good info.

Next summer the G-horn year 2 will drop to get everyone excited for Destiny 2...(and it will work lol).

I wouldn't say that they don't care necessarily but I think their focus has shifted to fully developing whatever Destiny 2 ends up turning into. While it is disappointing that there won't be any new major content during TTK, I can't say that I'm surprised by it.

Do I think they are milking TTK till the last drop? Yeah... totally.

These little free events are nice, but like I've said before it's just not enough for me to come back to Destiny full time. I suppose many people will start to feel the same very soon.

After Oryx Challenge next week, what's there to look forward to? Probably a Christmas event.

Mindlog

No doubt they've gone some NASA type algorithms at work but even that doesn't justify the 0.04% "buff"
That was a reference to the toolset. It doesn't help to update the IMPACT value if the older live engine runs on impact settings which gets complicated by the range change. It sticks out that the Hawksaw was adjusted exactly how it was intended to be. I wonder if the 4 shot Pulse Rifles can be directly adjusted or if that extra shot is going to be a long term sticking point.

I get the complaints about updated patch notes, but I won't draw battle lines over that poor decision. The bigger disconnect between what was meant to happen and what actually happened is what's important.
Where is the best place to kill the two taken ultras for the sparrow league quest?
For anyone else doing the quest.
Kings of Decay - Earth
Kings of Decay is a short mission and the Ultras are easy to kill. The first Ultra can be spawn blocked by an invasion, but it's not a big deal. Do the mission twice anyway because it's just enough to complete 100 Taken killed and 2 Ultras very easily.
1St exotic bought. Dragons breathe. Whats wrong with me
I was tempted, but then I remembered how much it costs to infuse and then I remembered all that would go to waste when it dropped at 310.

Infusion sucks.

Afrocious

For once, I'd like for something to not be a grind from the get-go.

I'd like the racing stuff more if it wasn't for how grindy the quests are.

E92 M3

LOL, the opposite. The book helmets drop at 3 light (but they are infusable.)

You can get helmets up to 320 randomly (and maybe class items too) after you hit rank 3.

Thanks for the info lol

I wouldn't say that they don't care necessarily but I think their focus has shifted to fully developing whatever Destiny 2 ends up turning into. While it is disappointing that there won't be any new major content during TTK, I can't say that I'm surprised by it.

These little free events are nice, but like I've said before it's just not enough for me to come back to Destiny full time. I suppose many people will start to feel the same very soon.

After Oryx Challenge next week, what's there to look forward to? Probably a Christmas event.

I'm happy that there isn't as much to do in Destiny. Can enjoy other games without the "fear of missing out."

The racing is the Christmas event.

What was in the hot fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom