• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is probably the worst place to ask opinion on this, but:

Destiny TTK will be on sale this weekend in EU PSN. 30€ isn't that big of an investment, however I am a bit concerned on a few things.

First off how much of the content feels like a slog nowdaysbefore getting to the endgame (which I assume is the best part).

Secondly how starter friendly the game is at this point in it's life.

Third, I'm kinda anxious since AFAIK the rumours point at Destiny 2 coming out next year so maybe I ought to wait till that since I haven't jumped on the D train yet. Also 2016 is pretty packed too.

edit: oh and also do we know if there is going to be more smaller expansions for TTK like they had with original Destiny?

Side boost all day every day. Use a trick sparrow and boots that fill the boost meter faster/more and taunt in midair every chance you get so your meter can always stay full.

Future

So people are liking srl huh? It's an interesting diversion I guess but it got boring fast for me. Super long races. Weird physics and collision snags making getting first pretty difficult. Super Grndy related quests. 2 tracks only.

I worry splitting the userbase for this is not worth it for the long run. Guessing that's why it's only an event

I love it when I have a good sparrow, and I hit all of the gates but people who dont even hit them go past me like its nothing.

What the fuck.

Happens all the time, missing a gate makes your speed go down as well, so there is no way 1st place guy with 48 gates finishes in 4:40 while last place with 77 gates finishes in 5:05.

So many times i'll be in top 3 but in the final lap the 2 players behind me will suddenly overtake me like they have some super boost..

I know this is probably the worst place to ask opinion on this, but:

Destiny TTK will be on sale this weekend in EU PSN. 30€ isn't that big of an investment, however I am a bit concerned on a few things.

First off how much of the content feels like a slog nowdaysbefore getting to the endgame (which I assume is the best part).

Secondly how starter friendly the game is at this point in it's life.

Third, I'm kinda anxious since AFAIK the rumours point at Destiny 2 coming out next year so maybe I ought to wait till that since I haven't jumped on the D train yet. Also 2016 is pretty packed too.

edit: oh and also do we know if there is going to be more smaller expansions for TTK like they had with original Destiny?

The core game is actually quite enjoyable now. The end game is now a slog.

Ad far as more expansions this year

Dunno

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Afrocious once I come back home I'll try to make it for that free adventurer returns 4-5 day free pass thing for FFXIV

I have Luke 35-40 million gil saved up!

Sometimes this shit still happens with TLW, even after the rebuff.

e311f097.gif

Well at least we got an Annie Clark appearance in a Destiny OT. Love St. Vincent.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The shitposting is just kind of hilarious to me. The intensity of it, at least. The page where the BWU was posted is kind of pathetic.

That is why GAF has that reputation. Fighting GAF is no different. OMG Nerf this, buff this. But at least Destiny GAF plays the game and some are legit passionate about it. A lot of people whine about stuff when they don't even play the games.

We'll need two more for the raid.

The shitposting is just kind of hilarious to me. The intensity of it, at least. The page where the BWU was posted is kind of pathetic.

That is why GAF has that reputation. Fighting GAF is no different. OMG Nerf this, buff this. But at least Destiny GAF plays the game and some are legit passionate about it. A lot of people whine about stuff when they don't even play the games.

The pathetic part is chiming in and calling what people say 'pathetic' without actually saying anything meaningful. Only sad, little men do that ;P

Zocano

I mean I know every thread ever is a race to see who can make the first witty shitpost but I just think it's a dumb attitude to have and it seems to carry over to just being generally vitriolic about anything.

Bungie has been crap about transparency, that's fine to be irritated but even the slightest step for them to course correct is just taken with bags of salt and people act as if pissed on their PS4 or something.

The pathetic part is chiming in and calling what people say 'pathetic' without actually saying anything meaningful. Only sad, little men do that ;P

I am replying to the attitude of the community as of 3 days ago?

We'll need two more for the raid.

Yea there's definitely a mix of:

1) Play Often. Passionate.
2) Don't play either at all or not that often. Passionate and wants changes so they can play / play more.
3) Don't play and not really plan on playing, just want to complain.

Even when the patch came out, people complained about not getting such and such even though they got some of the new exotics already. Or complained about getting a Y2 version of something Y1 that was brought back that they didn't want, or a dupe. People should know when you have nearly everything, the more and more your odds of getting something new decreases as you approach completion. If you're missing only 1-2 things, your odds are probably somewhere near 1%.

In the end in regards to Bungie, I think communication is the biggest thing. They're not communicating hardly anything to us. We want to know when/if there will be new content like missions/strikes/raids and when an ETA for that is. Or if they're focusing on Destiny 2 and what their initial ETA for that is. I know there are A LOT of politics involved especially with ETAs and announcing stuff, but anything would be nice.

They did admit their mistake in today's blog post, they had the numbers right but linked the wrong ones (basically an internal communications breakdown). Reading this post makes me skeptical you'll read this response though, so I'm not 99.96% sure why I'm posting

Yeah I did. They doubled down that .04% and other fractions of a percent as the intended buff and not 4%. If they think something so minuscule that it is by their own admission, invisible on screen to players, is going to be a meaningful balance patch then yeah, have fun with that until the next one comes out in 4 months.

They messed up, on two counts in my opinion now. They selling us both and insignificant and sloppy balance. What is the point of taking weeks of lead in time to give updates about updates about updates when the information you are giving is wrong? That players discover in hours what their play testers don't in months? No version of their story makes them seem competant. They are either still trying to hide their bigger mistake, or they genuinely believe .04% changes and other minuscule amounts are going to have a meaningful impact on their players. Moreover, this isn't even close to the first time something like this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom