• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

Me, iRAWR and Milkham are going to get ready for Trials

VP6yfXY.gif

Well, I had Mexican food for lunch...

xb10gWB.gif
I'll join you

Ghazi

Apparently, when using Achlyophage, by the time the super animation ends a fourth of the super bar is already gone. Unsure if that's legit, hilarious if so.

How so? I checked reddit and the top few posts were all super snarky jokes about 0.04%, patch notes errors, etc. As far as I can tell the general Destiny attitude is pretty low currently.

There's only one way to cheers us all up Drizzay, Your community needs it nay demands you make it happen

Nightfall reward: 310 invective
Exotic heavy from 3oC racing: 310 thunderlord
Put this together with Bones, tarantella and nothing manacles, and its not a bad day

stay gold

Nightfall reward: 310 invective
Exotic heavy from 3oC racing: 310 thunderlord
Put this together with Bones, tarantella and nothing manacles, and its not a bad day

Lucky. Every engram I got gave me old shit, and the Crucible bounty a Jade Rabbit. All of which I already had.

Xur better bring his A game tomorrow
yeah right

Lucky. Every engram I got gave me old shit, and the Crucible bounty a Jade Rabbit. All of which I already had.

Xur better bring his A game tomorrow
yeah right

I know. Im enjoying my luck whilst it lasts. I will be back doing heroic strikes and popping 3oC like maltesers only to get a big fat nothing in no time.

Now, let me get on with this stupid sparrow quest....

Ken

I know. Im enjoying my luck whilst it lasts. I will be back doing heroic strikes and popping 3oC like maltesers only to get a big fat nothing in no time.

Now, let me get on with this stupid sparrow quest....

Do you get better chances using 3oC on heroic strikes?

maomaoIYP

I managed to headshot snipe 2 sunbreakers last night just as they hammertimed, feels pretty damn good.

And then I realized that this should have been the way from the very beginning of year 2. Fuck.

At least HCs work much better now. I'm salty over the pulse nerfs, but considering that everything else is crap too, oh well.

Glad to see condescending Bungie is sill if full effect in year 2. This is about when I left Destiny for months last year, when I realized there didn't respect my time or intelligence and view their decisions as nearly infallible, willing to bend backwards and every direction trying to justify it to players. Yeah, you were right Bungie. Re leveling all of my exotics was a blast. Buying new content that removes the previous new content that I paid more money for was great too. My enthusiasm to play Destiny again over Fallout 4 is about .04%

They could have admitted their mistake and looked like fallible humans, instead they stuck with their mistake, selling it as their intended balance. The latter looks far worse to me. It means you are fucking clueless about balancing your game for the better. Hey, but at least they were right one more time, and all of us are just dumb and wrong as always.

Frenden

Banned
Hawkmoon is still good despite their best efforts to kill it. It's not OP, but it is among the more competent Y2 hand cannons right now.

TLW
Finalla's Peril
Eysaluna
Hawkmoon

In sorta that order. So far.

Again, it's not that the guns are trash now, it's that EVERYTHING feels mediocre. All hard edges smoothed.

I managed to headshot snipe 2 sunbreakers last night just as they hammertimed, feels pretty damn good.

And then I realized that this should have been the way from the very beginning of year 2. Fuck.

At least HCs work much better now. I'm salty over the pulse nerfs, but considering that everything else is crap too, oh well.
I dont think you do. You get a better chance at legendaries, that is partly why I do them on heroic. Im sure some one already dis the math on those ones

inthrall

Glad to see condescending Bungie is sill if full effect in year 2. This is about when I left Destiny for months last year, when I realized there didn't respect my time or intelligence and view their decisions as nearly infallible, willing to bend backwards and every direction trying to justify it to players. Yeah, you were right Bungie. Re leveling all of my exotics was a blast. Buying new content that removes the previous new content that I paid more money for was great too. My enthusiasm to play Destiny again over Fallout 4 is about .04%

They could have admitted their mistake and looked like fallible humans, instead they stuck with their mistake, selling it as their intended balance. The latter looks far worse to me. It means you are fucking clueless about balancing your game for the better. Hey, but at least they were right one more time, and all of us are just dumb and wrong as always.

They did admit their mistake in today's blog post, they had the numbers right but linked the wrong ones (basically an internal communications breakdown). Reading this post makes me skeptical you'll read this response though, so I'm not 99.96% sure why I'm posting

SnakeEyes

Banned
Too bad my apathy towards this game is at an all time high. No tears for some time.

gAgfPbc.gif
That's utterly filthy. I used to enjoy using my Hunter in PVP, and it was my go-to class for Trials. Guess that's been fucked right of existence now. May as well just delete my Hunter now since it has no use anymore.

Im not so good at the math
So if i fire 10 bullets will see an inrease in overall dps?
What if i fire one bullet every hour. When can expect to feel that extra damage?

Sorry. Just catching up on todays update

inthrall

Im not so good at the math
So if i fire 10 bullets will see an inrease in overall dps?
What if i fire one bullet every hour. When can expect to feel that extra damage?

Sorry. Just catching up on todays update

The more bullets the gun fires, the more difference you see from the percentage increase, as the damage from each bullet was increased (instead of the overall damage you do)

The more bullets the gun fires, the more difference you see from the percentage increase, as the damage from each bullet was increased (instead of the overall damage you do)

Where does the fps come into it

He mentioned 30 fps, so I imagine that's important and calculated.

inthrall

Where does the fps come into it

He mentioned 30 fps, so I imagine that's important and calculated.

Bullet fire rates are all linked to fps, you can't have a gun that shoots more than 30 shots per second, and all guns need to show damage in a divisor of 30 (eg: 3 bullets fired per 30 frames), otherwise it will cause all sort of issues. Its terrible code design if the framerate is explicitly mentioned like this, but it does make some calculations easier, especially on console.

Dark souls 1 had issues on the pc port when you changed to 60 fps from 30 fps because of this, it would do stuff like make you climb ladders twice as fast, jump half the distance, and so on

Umm... errr... ehh... Tbh I don't have much to say about the game currently. It feels like everything's been said 100x over and the main problem now is that there's nothing new to say. I haven't played since 9am Tuesday, no NFalls, still haven't done any SRL, etc.

Basically I still enjoy reset raiding because of the people, and I enjoy Trials (with the huge caveat of "when it's not laggy") but otherwise I feel pretty disconnected from the game. I never anticipated year 2 being this flat but I've made peace w it for now.

I take it then you're not too keen on the RaF thing?

Woof a little tense in here...

We've been suffering every day. Agony in our minds. Ashes in our mouth. Stepping on broken glass. Touching a cactus. Bungie triggers us constantly.

Bullet fire rates are all linked to fps, you can't have a gun that shoots more than 30 shots per second, and all guns need to show damage in a divisor of 30 (eg: 3 bullets fired per 30 frames), otherwise it will cause all sort of issues. Its terrible code design if the framerate is explicitly mentioned like this, but it does make some calculations easier, especially on console.

Dark souls 1 had issues on the pc port when you changed to 60 fps from 30 fps because of this, it would do stuff like make you climb ladders twice as fast, jump half the distance, and so on

So what you're saying is.......if it was 60 fps would probably double or triple the damage in the same time frame. Hilarious.

There goes our hopes for 60 fps Destiny 2 unless they completely rehaul the engine.

Mindlog

I'm getting wonky results when using the racing helmet with extra control. Anyone using it to great effect? I seem to get a bigger speed boost from falling on long jumps by prolonging air time. Other times it seems like I'm going slower than everyone else for no reason.

Also, what's the point of the boost bar on sparrows? Theoretically the Ravensteel is a better sparrow, but it seems like the new ones with less boost work fine too.
Apparently, when using Achlyophage, by the time the super animation ends a fourth of the super bar is already gone. Unsure if that's legit, hilarious if so.
The only reason I can understand that change is trials and defender bubbles. Probably a stealth buff for defender bubbles. It sucks pretty hard for everything else. Especially PvE. Really dumb in PvE.

inthrall

So what you're saying is.......if it was 60 fps would probably double or triple the damage in the same time frame. Hilarious.

There goes our hopes for 60 fps Destiny 2 unless they completely rehaul the engine.

Yeah basically, it also makes a PC port a lot harder to implement. They may find some workarounds, since they clearly know how to make graphics, but its a strike against it for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom