• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

DarkBlade is my favorite NF. Don't understand the hate. Bring a nightstalker to run through the shrieker room and your golden. Would do NF, but I'm doing BB Old Hunters now.

Deku Tree

Don't want to get spoiled in the OT, but do I have to start a new NG+ to access old hunters? I have a file at the end.

No, you just have to bear Amelia. Search my post history. There is a good post with pictures that I quoted not too far back last night on how to do it. No spoilers.

DarkBlade is my favorite NF. Don't understand the hate. Bring a nightstalker to run through the shrieker room and your golden. Would do NF, but I'm doing BB Old Hunters now.

somebody said this a while ago: the darkblade strike doesn't really have any engagements.

there's the bridge section, which is just a few enemies
there's the shrieker room, which is just a bunch of shriekers and a few enemies
then there's the thrall bridge before you hit the boss, where all the enemies are basically more thralls.

not enough to engage with on that strike to me so i don't find it very interesting to play. maybe that's what makes it a good nightfall then since everyone wants to skip through those.

Did you go to orbit after you opened the package?

I also got 312 boots for my Titan and a 314 RL from my hunter, so overall it wasn't so bad. Still wasn't a good feeling to get dupe 310 Ghosts.

Highest light Ghost I have is 313 from a random IB drop after a match so at least I got that.

The xpac is like he souls version of silent hill lol

Waaaaat. Now I have to get it. Can't remember if I actually have a save near the end of the game or not.

Might have to do the DLC on like NG3+, that should be interesting. I played so much DS2 that I had to do all the expansions on NG5+ once they finally released, haha. That was something else.

Destiny-related: we got 5 Darkblade helmets from our 3 NFalls today.

Ghazi

Waaaaat. Now I have to get it. Can't remember if I actually have a save near the end of the game or not.

Might have to do the DLC on like NG3+, that should be interesting. I played so much DS2 that I had to do all the expansions on NG5+ once they finally released, haha. That was something else.

Doesn't need to be near the end, you can actually access the new areas quite early. I actually only started BB quite recently, I'm only two or three trophies away from the platinum as well, the game consumed me.

Deku Tree

somebody said this a while ago: the darkblade strike doesn't really have any engagements.

then there's the thrall bridge before you hit the boss, where all the enemies are basically more thralls.

not enough to engage with on that strike to me so i don't find it very interesting to play. maybe that's what makes it a good nightfall then since everyone wants to skip through those.

I like fighting Darkblade a lot. And I like short NFs.

Well that's the perfect description for a strike. Clear adds / areas before reaching what is arguably the best strike boss fight in the game.

Well that's the perfect description for a strike. Clear adds / areas before reaching what is arguably the best strike boss fight in the game.

not enough adds for me and i dislike the boss fight. it's lacking complexity and its not very compelling once the novelty wears off.

don't necessarily need a complicated boss fight, but with how empty the rest of the strike is the final encounter doesn't payoff for me.

darthbob

not enough adds for me and i dislike the boss fight. it's lacking complexity and its not very compelling once the novelty wears off.

don't necessarily need a complicated boss fight, but with how empty the rest of the strike is the final encounter doesn't payoff for me.

If you're not a fan of the Darkblade strike I shudder to hear your thoughts on the Echo Chamber lol

If you're not a fan of the Darkblade strike I shudder to hear your thoughts on the Echo Chamber lol

Already posted a while ago that Echo Chamber was my favorite of the new ones. As a nightstalker, the relic is fun to run because i can roll around and do a lot of DPS to the adds with dual grenades, drop the ball to pop my super, and pick it up again to continue. Vanish in smoke also helps with running it tremendously.

If you have weaker teammates however it can be a chore, especially at the boss. But mechanically it's the most engaging strike to me, with plenty of potential for interesting fights to occur before the boss. I have to emphasize how great it is on Nightstalker though; it wouldn't be the same on any other class.

I don't care for Shield Brothers for the same reason - the fighting is limited to a giant room and a stationary tank, so it doesn't really keep my attention. Fallen Saber is a bit better with engagements, but the mechanics can also be a chore with weaker teammates.

My favorite strikes in no particular order:

Dust Palace
Echo Chamber
Shadow Thief
Devil's Lair
Nexus Mind
Undying Mind during House of Wolves

So I decided to play IB on my Hunter yesterday. Made it to Rank 5 with 13 games. Mostly because that was the req for the weekly bounty, which then gave me the req for the other weekly bounty to hit rank 4.

Got a 320 Class item, though. Which is nice.

My hunter is now 309 and has never stepped foot in a raid, and doesn't share weapons with my Titan.

Let me guess, 3 for ji66a, 2 for stabie and 0 for you?

Void burn, Dark-Drinker is where it's at for that boss.

Yeah it was fun last time with void burn but raze lighter R2 does way more single target dps than dark drinker R2.

It is simple and straightforward, sure. But I'd take a unique boss fight/room over a a large area filled with countless adds where you have to snipe the boss from cover.

At least with both the new dreadnaught strikes, you actually can engage the bosses up close instead of just shooting them from cover while also killing ads, which is 90% of all other strikes.

My strike preference:

Darkblade
Shield Bros
Taniks
Dust Palace
Echo Chamber (only the boss encounter)
Sepkis Prime

Everything else is trash. Same design - clear waves of adds, snipe boss from cover while dealing with adds.

Doesn't need to be near the end, you can actually access the new areas quite early. I actually only started BB quite recently, I'm only two or three trophies away from the platinum as well, the game consumed me.

Nice, thanks for the heads up. I'll go download it now although it will be a little tough to immerse myself back in that world. I absolutely loved the game and played it to death for the platinum and beyond. But the world's atmosphere was so heavy and bleak it could be a bit draining at times. It might take awhile to get back in that demented mindset, haha.

Let me guess, 3 for ji66a, 2 for stabie and 0 for you?

Close! Two for each of them, one for me :p

flkraven

I think Glam wanted to see this yesterday, but also for everyone else that is interested too. Full Titan IB set with multiple shaders:

http://imgur.com/a/bCIYS

2zWz8xN.jpg

LTWood12

I downloaded Bloodborne on launch day. I've never even booted it up. Maybe I should fix that.

My strike ranking:
Will of Crota-The last room sucks, but everything up to it is awesome.
Nexus
Dust Palace
Shield Brothers
Undying Mind
Devils Lair
Sunless Cell
Echo Chamber
Winter's Run
Cerberus Vae
Summoning Pits
Shadow Thief
Fallen Saber

flkraven

Not a fan of the Titan's asymmetrical boot design. Thus far, I think the raid Titan boots are one of the best looking pieces in the game.

Here is what my Titan looks like right now. I can raise my light level 1 or 2 if I wear my 319 raid chest piece, but I just hate how it looks so much. May infuse it into the 310 IB chest.

LTWood12

Not a fan of the Titan's asymmetrical boot design. Thus far, I think the raid Titan boots are one of the best looking pieces in the game.

I hate the Warpriest Boots. I prefer the more streamlined look of the Trials boots, or this blue set. Still hope we get Transmog or the Etheric Light system someday so i can look how I want to look.

mFT8B9ml.jpg

flkraven

Darkblade again? Remember when the NFs used to cycle through them all? Remember when they were fun and worth doing?

I ran the nightfall 8 times last night for the Taniks cloak. The first 3 'real' times I ran it I got a 300 Machine gun, a 302 machine gun, and a 310 mask of the third man. The helm is okay, but considering all my characters are 310+ it is largely a waste of time.

maomaoIYP

Got an Eyasluna for last week's crucible NF, finally got around to playing with it. It's not a god roll but I figured what the hell.
Went 26-13 on Bannerfall, over 10 kills with the HC. I didn't even have a sniper rifle too. It feels incredible to shoot.

E92 M3

Here is what my Titan looks like right now. I can raise my light level 1 or 2 if I wear my 319 raid chest piece, but I just hate how it looks so much. May infuse it into the 310 IB chest.

I hate the raid chest as well, that's why I infused it into another that has sniper and void armor.

I hate the Warpriest Boots. I prefer the more streamlined look of the Trials boots, or this blue set. Still hope we get Transmog or the Etheric Light system someday so i can look how I want to look.

mFT8B9ml.jpg

Indeed, Etheric Light let everyone look how they want. Trials boots are nice as well, though.

Homeboyd

Hey DGAF, what are your thoughts on this refer a friend thing? Reddit has like 29 threads about why it's the root of all evil so I was curious what you guys thought.

PS: let me know when the current player investment team is completely replaced, tyia

Lnkn52

Hey DGAF, what are your thoughts on this refer a friend thing? Reddit has like 29 threads about why it's the root of all evil so I was curious what you guys thought.

PS: let me know when the current player investment team is completely replaced, tyia

Well hopefully this Bundle (Blops 3) will increase the requests for Veteran help.

my visceral reaction after seeing the loot

who_gives_a_shit.gif

reminds me of when everyone freaked out about the digital collecor stuff and then that turned out to be a complete waste of money.

darthbob

Already posted a while ago that Echo Chamber was my favorite of the new ones. As a nightstalker, the relic is fun to run because i can roll around and do a lot of DPS to the adds with dual grenades, drop the ball to pop my super, and pick it up again to continue. Vanish in smoke also helps with running it tremendously.

If you have weaker teammates however it can be a chore, especially at the boss. But mechanically it's the most engaging strike to me, with plenty of potential for interesting fights to occur before the boss. I have to emphasize how great it is on Nightstalker though; it wouldn't be the same on any other class.

I don't care for Shield Brothers for the same reason - the fighting is limited to a giant room and a stationary tank, so it doesn't really keep my attention. Fallen Saber is a bit better with engagements, but the mechanics can also be a chore with weaker teammates.

My favorite strikes in no particular order:

Dust Palace
Echo Chamber
Shadow Thief
Devil's Lair
Nexus Mind
Undying Mind during House of Wolves

I do agree that EC is better mechanically but it really does feel like a chore of a strike. Until the boss, then I really enjoy it.

Might be a psychological thing but I kinda hate having to wade through countless adds in these types of strikes, probably because I've played them so many times. However I think you've changed my opinion on EC a bit. 😊

Eh, I don't care much either way. I doubt I'll have a chance to take advantage of it but I'm also not worried about missing out on the goodies. It's like buying silver for dances: if other people enjoy it and it helps support the game then more power to it.

Lnkn52

Eh, I don't care much either way. I doubt I'll have a chance to take advantage of it but I'm also not worried about missing out on the goodies. It's like buying silver for dances: if other people enjoy it and it helps support the game then more power to it.

This is a loot game! You're playing Destiny all wrong. Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom