• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

So I'm currently using the FWC vendor rocket launcher for PvP, but got The Tamarind from Trials gold bounty last night. Which is better?

The Vertigo - Warhead Verniers, Grenades and Horseshoes, Javelin; 86 blast, 89 velocity

The Tamarind - Warhead Verniers, Heavy Payload (/Javelin/Field Scout), Tracking; 78 blast, 86 velocity​

I suppose the question boils down to: is Tracking better than Grenades and Horseshoes? And is that worth the loss in radius?

Magwik

Banned
"I wonder what's new on the Destiny Reddit"
*everyone is complaining about being locked out of content*
I honestly have no idea why so many people feel entitled to every shader or sparrow possible.
"I've been playing this game for 14 months and someone new just comes in and can get a shader?! Totally unfair!"

I do agree that EC is better mechanically but it really does feel like a chore of a strike. Until the boss, then I really enjoy it.

Might be a psychological thing but I kinda hate having to wade through countless adds in these types of strikes, probably because I've played them so many times. However I think you've changed my opinion on EC a bit. ��

Yea I can see Echo Chamber being a slog if you want to speed run it. I don't think I could stomach it on repeat - especially in the Heroic playlist - but I like it how much more involved it is. And again, it's all about playing as a Nightstalker. I think you can blink with the Relic, so Voidwalker might be good too.

If i want to complete a strike quickly, my favorite would be Dust Palace. You can mow through the adds and its pace doesn't let up (well, it never used to. the version with the turrets now is terrible).

So I'm currently using the FWC vendor rocket launcher for PvP, but got The Tamarind from Trials gold bounty last night. Which is better?

The Vertigo - Warhead Verniers, Grenades and Horseshoes, Javelin; 86 blast, 89 velocity

The Tamarind - Warhead Verniers, Heavy Payload (/Javelin/Field Scout), Tracking; 78 blast, 86 velocity​

I suppose the question boils down to: is Tracking better than Grenades and Horseshoes? And is that worth the loss in radius?

G&H is better than tracking for the most part, even though the prox det radius was nerfed. But Truth is by far the best PvP RL currently available.

phen0m24

Eh, I don't care much either way. I doubt I'll have a chance to take advantage of it but I'm also not worried about missing out on the goodies. It's like buying silver for dances: if other people enjoy it and it helps support the game then more power to it.

I passionately ranted that you and Hawk should get it for sherpa services rendered

I miss Gjallarhorn. I miss rocket launchers.

For instance, the raid is just snipers, mostly while standing still shooting at a completely stationary boss. There's nothing epic about that. There's nothing skilled about that. When was the last time you felt like this using a gun in Year 2?

crazy-kid-birthday-gif.gif

Giving some boss BOFA with Gjallarhorn felt awesome, which is what PvE should be all about.

LTWood12

I don't give a damn about the refer-a-friend stuff. I am however a bit worried that this is what is passing for one of their more incremental 'live content updates.'

E92 M3

"I wonder what's new on the Destiny Reddit"
*everyone is complaining about being locked out of content*
I honestly have no idea why so many people feel entitled to every shader or sparrow possible.
"I've been playing this game for 14 months and someone new just comes in and can get a shader?! Totally unfair!"

I think the word "entitled" is misused. People want to have the chance to earn the loot without having to buy another copy or beg someone to link up with.

I miss Gjallarhorn. I miss rocket launchers.

For instance, the raid is just snipers, mostly while standing still shooting at a completely stationary boss. There's nothing epic about that. There's nothing skilled about that. When was the last time you felt like this using a gun in Year 2?

crazy-kid-birthday-gif.gif

Giving some boss BOFA with Gjallarhorn felt awesome, which is what PvE should be all about.

Yea DPS on Atheon and Templar were varied and I really like the teleporter mechanic on Templar.

I think the word "entitled" is misused. People want to have the chance to earn the loot without having to buy another copy or beg someone to link up with.

Locking stuff behind promotions/preorders is pants, I agree. But I'm fine with things being exclusive as opposed to RNG. They'll probably push the gear into the loot tables in a few months.

Hey DGAF, what are your thoughts on this refer a friend thing? Reddit has like 29 threads about why it's the root of all evil so I was curious what you guys thought.

PS: let me know when the current player investment team is completely replaced, tyia

Wow you werent kidding.

Homeboyd

I don't give a damn about the refer-a-friend stuff. I am however a bit worried that this is what is passing for one of their more incremental 'live content updates.'
Yeah, the mtx stuff seems to result in weird "updates" like these. Look at the halo stuff. They add a playlist in a 6GB patch and call it the "Battle of Shadow and Light Content Update" or something. Nah, you just added a playlist, of community made content, and unlocked some more req stuff. Used to, playlist changes were made all the time as part of the sustain process. Now they have a name as if they're actually delivering on those "free content updates" they promised. Seems similar to what's happening here (or what will happen here eventually). Pass.

E92 M3

Yea DPS on Atheon and Templar were varied and I really like the teleporter mechanic on Templar.

Locking stuff behind promotions/preorders is pants, I agree. But I'm fine with things being exclusive as opposed to RNG. They'll probably push the gear into the loot tables in a few months.

Yep, give me more Black Spindle type missions or exciting challenges. There is too much RNG in TTK and it's rather funny that Bungie wanted Destiny to not feel like a job anymore.

darknil

I really miss the Gally, it was fun for PvE and I don't remember being it over used on PvP.

Anyone remember what exotic weapons were considered OP for crucible in Y1 apart from the HC trinity? I only remember the SUROS for a while.

Kyoufu

I really miss the Gally, it was fun for PvE and I don't remember being it over used on PvP.

Anyone remember what exotic weapons were considered OP for crucible in Y1 apart from the HC trinity? I only remember the SUROS for a while.

Pocket Infinity.

It was amazeballs.

Most OP Exotics from Year One in order

Vex Mythoclast [vanilla]
Thorn [1.1]
The Last Word [vanilla]
Pocket Infinity [vanilla]
Hawkmoon [vanilla]
Plan C [1.1]
Truth [1.1]
Suros Regime [vanilla]
Red Death [1.1.1]

This is a loot game! You're playing Destiny all wrong. Kappa

I tried to play it like a loot game but HM KF kept giving me either nothing or 310 Harrowed drops... But seriously Destiny is still a bad loot game for the most part. It's a brilliant shooter and excellent social game so I focus on its strong suits which is why I'm still here.

Vex and PInfinity were both quite OP at their peak, especially Vex. But let's not forget how amazing vanilla Hawkmoon was, that thing was stupid good.

Homeboyd

Most OP Exotics from Year One in order

Vex Mythoclast [vanilla]
Thorn [1.1]
The Last Word [vanilla]
Pocket Infinity [vanilla]
Hawkmoon [vanilla]
Plan C [1.1]
Truth [1.1]
Red Death [1.1.1]
Suros Regime [vanilla]
Excuse me sir, you forgot the 2 best weapons ever made in any game ever.

also, SMH at people who never upgraded Suros. 8 rounds to the head were a kill if memory serves, and it had like 33 bullets.

Excuse me sir, you forgot the 2 best weapons ever made in any game ever.

One of them is Icebreaker knowing you, but I don't know the other one. Universal Remote? Invective? Thunderlord?

Icebreaker had a bunch of aim assist but I wouldn't say it was OP.

darknil

Oh yes, forgot about the Vex, got it close to TTK so I didn't had it in mind.

One question, was the Thunderlord nerfed in any way? I used it so much on Crucible last year but now I keep using the raid one because I cant kill with the TL.

Homeboyd

One of them is Icebreaker knowing you, but I don't know the other one. Universal Remote? Invective? Thunderlord?

Icebreaker had a bunch of aim assist but I wouldn't say it was OP.
lol yep that's one (I'm not talking about PvP by the way bc ew). Come on.. you KNOW the other one you forgot.

Help me make an infusion decision DGAF.

I want to infuse a 314 light IB RL with one of the following:

297 Sol Edge
296 Thunderlord
296 Void Edge
290 Suros JLB-47 ("god roll" from Gunsmith order)

Keep in mind I have a 310 Truth for PVP.

I'm leaning towards the Sol Edge.

Trakan

The one shot kill range of Pocket Infinity and Plan C definitely make them the most absurd from Y1 for me. Thorn/TLW were more "OP" but in an annoying way. With Pocket Infinity and Plan C, I literally couldn't believe at what I was looking at on screen.

darthbob

297 Sol Edge
296 Thunderlord
296 Void Edge

That'll bring your Sol Edge to 311, and that's also what I'd pick given your choices.

I passionately ranted that you and Hawk should get it for sherpa services rendered

Haha well thank you kind sir. When I first read the "Sherpa" description I honestly expected something more along those lines. Oh well, a good sherpa-derp is its own reward. I'm glad to be helpful to this community which is more than enough.

noomi

297 Sol Edge
296 Thunderlord
296 Void Edge

I would want a thunderlod, but sol edge is also a good choice ;)

The one shot kill range of Pocket Infinity and Plan C definitely make them the most absurd from Y1 for me. Thorn/TLW were more "OP" but in an annoying way. With Pocket Infinity and Plan C, I literally couldn't believe at what I was looking at on screen.

Hmm.... I could have sworn I played an IB match against you the other day? Is your in-game name also Trakan?

The Vex Mythoclast is still the best looking gun in the game. It just looks good.

Better than that spinning hood ornament with drapes that's only useful in less than 1% of the entire game.

What happened to Suros Regime and Vex is the primary reason I want PVP and PVE separated. I really don't care for PVP but those weapons actually felt great in PVE. They made you feel powerful but for the sake of PVP they had to nerf it into the ground.

I've never been more disappointed in this game when Bungie decided to Nerf the Suros into the ground. As someone who didn't like PVP why was I getting screwed for another mode I didn't care about.

I finally got around to getting the Ace of Spades, I like the feel of it

Short and sweet review by Mehrmantrout

Edit Cozmo must have logged on to Reddit this morning and had kittens, funny how out of all the shit the games dropped the thing that tipped them over the edge was the definition of sherpa and a sparrow :d

297 Sol Edge
296 Thunderlord
296 Void Edge

Don't do TLord because you could get a 310 exotic drop of it eventually. Use one of the legendary swords since you're already leaning that way and you have a Truth for PvP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom