• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm currently using the FWC vendor rocket launcher for PvP, but got The Tamarind from Trials gold bounty last night. Which is better?

The Vertigo - Warhead Verniers, Grenades and Horseshoes, Javelin; 86 blast, 89 velocity

The Tamarind - Warhead Verniers, Heavy Payload (/Javelin/Field Scout), Tracking; 78 blast, 86 velocity​

I suppose the question boils down to: is Tracking better than Grenades and Horseshoes? And is that worth the loss in radius?
No. The Tamarind with G&H is better than the Vertigo because it can hold three rockets (maybe four with the exact right perks) and the Vertigo is always capped at two. You'll get more kills with the G&H on the Vertigo than with tracking on the Tamarind.

Navy Bean

The hand cannon accuracy nerf is so frustrating. I tried the IB hand cannon in IB last night and it works fine except for the random "your bullets will miss no matter where you aim" crap.

Trakan

Oh, cool :) Always nice to see a fellow DGaffer in crucible. I guess you must live somewhere on the east coast?

Lol, we've played together multiple times. You, me, and zew went to Mercury in HoW. You helped me get a fully charged Agonarch Rune. I live in the midwest.

We used to be friends but you must have purged your list because I don't see you on mine anymore.

The hand cannon accuracy nerf is so frustrating. I tried the IB hand cannon in IB last night and it works fine except for the random "your bullets will miss no matter where you aim" crap.

I think Bungie ought to look into implementing static cross hairs across all of the guns instead of the lines they're using now. Destiny basically has Reach's reticle bloom on the Hand Cannons now. In Reach, you didn't know where your bullets would go if you were firing it fast, but you always knew when your shot would be its most accurate.

Trakan

I think Bungie ought to look into implementing static cross hairs across all of the guns instead of the lines they're using now. Destiny basically has Reach's reticle bloom on the Hand Cannons now. In Reach, you didn't know where your bullets would go if you were firing it fast, but you always knew when your shot would be its most accurate.

God, that was the worst. It wasn't consistent at all. I could take my time and control the bloom and some other idiot would just spam his DMR and I'd lose. Worthless system.

---

This fucking weapon. The very definition of skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdJGt69Q1lQ&feature=youtu.be

My Destiny app actually shows 4780, but the page I linked doesn't seem to have anything worth points if I click on the missing button.

Yeah it makes no sense to me how people would have 4795. I looked at one guys Grimoire real quick and he was missing the same stuff as everyone (Calcified Fragment Insights, plus the 3 other Fragment cards).

Going to post myself on a Gamestop and hand my Destiny Business Card.

"Hey, you looking for a friend?"

"Ayye you, don't tell anyone. . but I'm willing to be your friend online."

Also DGAF am I missing any games for my 2016 list?
2016 Game:
Furi
Ashen
The Division
Uncharted
Friday The 13th
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Street Fighter 5
Hyper Light Drifter
No Man’s Sky
Mirror’s Edge
Final Fantasy XV
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Quantum Break

zewone

7EPYZkA.jpg

I was 2 kills away from going Unbroken in rumble last night. I choked at the end against a Bladedancer.

Pressure got to me.

Trakan

lol. The clearest sniper scope Bungie has ever designed on top of the most aim assist they've ever put on one? About what I expect.

If it's not addressed in the Dec. update I may be done for a while. Whenever they end up selling the IB sniper it's going to get worse. More accessible, 10 more AA, and it can get Shortgaze/Hidden Hand.

If it's not addressed in the Dec. update I may be done for a while. Whenever they end up selling the IB sniper it's going to get worse. More accessible, 10 more AA, and it can get Shortgaze/Hidden Hand.

On that note, i almost want to do King's Fall for the harrowed version. I have the Normal mode one already but this one has better stability, right?

Almost.

You guys are really overstating sniper AA. Most players suffer with sniping as it is.

Try sniping with a blue sniper compared to 1000 Yard stare or Defiant Yasmin.

First week of Trials in HoW I was using Baby Blue and Eye of Sol - missing left and right. Switch to LDR second week and it was night and day.

zewone

You guys are really overstating sniper AA. Most players suffer with sniping as it is.

Not at all.

It's the single biggest issue in PVP for myself.

It takes absolutely no skill to get a OHKO from across the map.

It's worse than Sunbreakers and shotguns.

E92 M3

Try sniping with a blue sniper compared to 1000 Yard stare or Defiant Yasmin.

First week of Trials in HoW I was using Baby Blue and Eye of Sol - missing left and right. Switch to LDR second week and it was night and day.

Yeah, but Bungie doesn't want Destiny to be super-hardcore and lockout a whole weapon class from people. Secondly, it's simply not "fun" to miss. Fun takes precedence over skill, in my opinion. I don't mind if some players have fun sniping. Good snipers will always win consistently, and that is a fact.

Not at all.

That's a huge hyperbole, my friend.

Not at all.

Yup. If anything, it's the reason Pulse Rifles are everywhere. They're the only way to counter Snipers.

Trakan

I'm mostly a PVP guy. It's what I play the most in this game. I know how snipers used to behave before the 2.0 update. I did not get shit on my every player I came across. Now, with the changes to range and all that, it's easier than ever. I can tell when using a 1000-Yard with Hidden Hand that I'm pulling off shots I have no business of ever hitting. I'm not that good at sniping. The AA makes people better at the game, and it shouldn't do that.

Yup. If anything, it's the reason Pulse Rifles are everywhere. They're the only way to counter Snipers.

This seems wrong to me. Anytime I try to shoot at a sniper with ANY weapon, he just tanks the shots and snipes me in the dome due to the AA.

E92 M3

Most things I agree with, but the attitude towards sniper rifle AA is very elitist. I'd love to do an experiment where beginners with "easy mode" sniping face the best snipers here. The winner will always be the same.

I'm mostly a PVP guy. It's what I play the most in this game. I know how snipers used to behave before the 2.0 update. I did not get shit on my every player I came across. Now, with the changes to range and all that, it's easier than ever. I can tell when using a 1000-Yard with Hidden Hand that I'm pulling off shots I have no business of ever hitting. I'm not that good at sniping. The AA makes people better at the game, and it shouldn't do that.

I play a lot of PVP as well, and would rather more people feel special and stick around Destiny. Sure that's a casual attitude, but I don't mind dying to random noob that gets a good shot every now and then.

Yeah, but Bungie doesn't want Destiny to be super-hardcore and lockout a whole weapon class from people. Secondly, it's simply not "fun" to miss. Fun takes precedence over skill, in my opinion. I don't mind if some players have fun sniping. Good snipers will always win consistently, and that is a fact.

It's not hyperbole at all. I appreciate the fact that my teammates who may not necessarily be as skilled as me can still cover my back with Snipers. But I don't like that enemies who may not necessarily be as skilled as me can out snipe me with such ease. Most of my Sniper battles now end in trades because as soon as you see a player, it's too easy to swipe the reticle to their head. In a game with Shotguns and Fusion Rifles, the Sniper Rifles were once the weapon of finesse. I used to find it refreshing to be killed by a Sniper because they weren't this easy to use in Vanilla. But Bungie has been increasing the aim assist since The Dark Below and now with TTK they're dominating the game.

(Some people will tell you the aim assist values have not changed and they'd be incorrect according to the weapon charts. And even if the change isn't significant, the fact alone that snipers with high aim assist have increased in availability compared to Year One exacerbates the problem. The biggest contenders for Year One were Prudence and Supremacy - both of which weren't widespread enough to become part of the meta.)

They can still have "fun" snipers that aren't holding your hand, which is how they used to be. But sniper battles in TTK are not fun and I don't know what else to tell you. If anyone is having trouble with 1000 Yard Stare or Defiance, they just don't know how to snipe. There are days where my game is off, but more often than not I pull off impossible shots with 1000 Yard Stare that I wouldn't have pulled off with Baby Blue or even the LDR.

Trakan

Most things I agree with, but the attitude towards sniper rifle AA is very elitist. I'd love to do an experiment where beginners with "easy mode" sniping face the best snipers here. The winner will always be the same.

I play a lot of PVP as well, and would rather more people feel special and stick around Destiny. Sure that's a casual attitude, but I don't mind dying to random noob that gets a good shot every now and then.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "who will win a 1v1?" Obviously the better sniper will. It has to do with the AA stat being so through the roof that it causes someone who is inherently bad at sniping to do much better than they should be doing. I don't give a shit about someone feeling special. I don't want broken/unbalanced things in the game.

zewone

Thorn was fun. It made it really easy to get kills with. Getting kills is more fun than dying.

They should have left that alone too I suppose.

Also, an average PVP player can get sniper kills as easily as a good sniper was previously able to.

Good sniper winning a sniper duel consistently is not a fact. The AA will ensure the average player makes it a 50/50 coin toss.

zewone

What about the opposite effect where non-casuals who have played the game since the Alpha want to stop playing because of how broken it is?

Deku Tree

Thorn was fun. It made it really easy to get kills with. Getting kills is more fun than dying.

They should have left that alone too I suppose.

Also, an average PVP player can get sniper kills as easily as a good sniper was previously able to.

Good sniper winning a sniper duel consistently is not a fact. The AA will ensure the average player makes it a 50/50 coin toss.

When Lars says that Destiny Crucible is about having fun and relaxing you have to know that you've already lost.

Yesterday while playing IB I was trying to snipe a titan across the map (sector 618). I was hiding behind cover, I jumped up, aimed a little above where the titan's head would be and fired. BOOM, headshot.

Honestly, I'm fine with the AA OPness, cause it gives average players a little more assistance. Pro's will always do well no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom