• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Thats the thing. Bad players who suck at sniping, do slightly better with AA. Thats ok.

The issue is, great players who rock at sniping are puahwd over the edge with AA. Suddenly theyre quick scoping and taking you out when you revive and just generally unbearable. Its not fun at all.

Removing AA and making it a true weapon of skill would be ok woth me.

Having no AA does not equate to "skill" - I think that's a false equivalency. The controller does not allow the same precision in movement as a mouse. AA is needed for controllers. And I said before, I've played with great players that still dominate consistently.

Ghazi

I don't post this to brag, but when this can happen, snipers are broken. You can tell, even my aim was shit and the game gave me the kills.

AntiqueDaringIrishwolfhound.gif

I definitely feel like AA/bullet magnetism needs to be reduced. Probably not to the point of nonexistance, but y2 Destiny has to be the easiest game I've ever sniped in.

PuMa

All I know is playing IB forced me to move on from Praedyth's and use 1,000 Yard Stare and I feel I've entered some sort of sniping Renaissance.

I sort of did the opposite this time around. I went mostly with this bad boy last IB, and it did pretty well for me.

0OuhLdi.png

Having no AA does not equate to "skill" - I think that's a false equivalency. The controller does not allow the same precision in movement as a mouse. AA is needed for controllers. And I said before, I've played with great players that still dominate consistently.

Don't think anyone wants the aim assist to be removed completely. That would make it impossible to hit anything. But the way I see it is that different archetypes should have different aim assist values. The more damage it does, the lower its aim assist should be. That way you can't get a really easy body shot and then switch to a primary for a quick shot or pull off ridiculous revive snipes all the time. You have to be really good with the sniper to use the really powerful ones.

That's how it was in Halo 3. The Snipers didn't necessarily change in power, but the Human one had less aim assist and a slower RoF than the Beam Rifle, whose rate of fire and aim assist was offset by less ammo capacity.

I switched to the high impact snipers for those kills on supers and revive shields, but it was hard to go back to anything else at all because of how much more aim assist they tended to have compared to the low impact ones.

E92 M3

I don't post this to brag, but when this can happen, snipers are broken. You can tell, even my aim was shit and the game gave me the kills.

AntiqueDaringIrishwolfhound.gif

I definitely feel like AA/bullet magnetism needs to be reduced. Probably not to the point of nonexistance, but y2 Destiny has to be the easiest game I've ever sniped in.

Nothing wrong with positive feedback - bet you were happy when it happened. Not every shooter has to be homogenized and be for esports. Destiny is an easier game, and it's okay.

Don't think anyone wants the aim assist to be removed completely. That would make it impossible to hit anything. But the way I see it is that different archetypes should have different aim assist values. The more damage it does, the lower its aim assist should be. That way you can't get a really easy body shot and then switch to a primary or pull off ridiculous revive snipes all the time. You have to be really good with the sniper to use the really powerful ones.

That's how it was in Halo 3. The Snipers didn't necessarily change in power, but the Human one had less aim assist and a slower RoF than the Beam Rifle, whose rate of fire and aim assist was offset by less ammo capacity.

You have a good idea with that, but Halo 3 had the worst sniper - absolutely hated it compared to CE, 2, 4, and Reach. Never jived with me.

You sure did, Patabon.

I thought we lost you to the rapture.

When I say I need 3 runs, people think I'm joking. I need these runs or else I can't return!

What did you show them Pastrami? Those Psion Flayer NFs we did was one of the last things I did in Destiny.

I remember that. And sadly the best loot I've ever gotten from a Year 2 Nightfall was a 295 Ghost shell to get my sorry Titan to 300.

Phaethon broke Robinson confirmed.

I may have but I'm not buying him!

lt519

I got so much better when I realized all I had to do was swipe and pull the trigger anywhere near their head to get a kill. For a while I was spending too much time lining up my shots and getting killed first. For better or worse, it really is to the point where anyone can snipe without much skill.

I didn't play IB this weekend but was the sniping problem infinitely worse in Clash?

Nothing wrong with positive feedback - bet you were happy when it happened. Not every shooter has to be homogenized and be for esports. Destiny is an easier game, and it's okay.

You have a good idea with that, but Halo 3 had the worst sniper - absolutely hated it compared to CE, 2, 4, and Reach. Never jived with me.

Well it didn't have hitscan but a lot of people consider it the best because it was the most difficult to use. I absolutely hated Halo 4's sniper and Halo 5's sniper feels like it belongs in Destiny with how much aim assist and bullet magnetism it has.

GlamFM

Banned
Looking for a fresh raid or just Oryx for me and my brother.

He sucks less now.

Have totems AND Oryx CP.

Any takers?

noomi

Lol, we've played together multiple times. You, me, and zew went to Mercury in HoW. You helped me get a fully charged Agonarch Rune. I live in the midwest.

We used to be friends but you must have purged your list because I don't see you on mine anymore.

Ahh that's right. I remember now :)

Yeah, I had so many friends on my list to the point that I felt like it was starting to make my system lag. I had a "great purge" a few weeks back where I just about removed 80% of the people on my list, nothing personal :p

Nothing wrong with positive feedback - bet you were happy when it happened. Not every shooter has to be homogenized and be for esports. Destiny is an easier game, and it's okay. .

Bro what? Adjusting the values on weapons - especially the sniper rifles - isn't going to make the game for esports. What kind attitude is that?

The game doesn't have to become super hard to play to be balanced.

E92 M3

Well it didn't have hitscan but a lot of people consider it the best because it was the most difficult to use. I absolutely hated Halo 4's sniper and Halo 5's sniper feels like it belongs in Destiny with how much aim assist and bullet magnetism it has.

Halo 2 and Reach are my favorite. CE felt good too, though.

I just wish where AA and bullet magnetism weren't such a stigma. Maybe I'm just getting old, haha.

Bro what? Adjusting the values on weapons - especially the sniper rifles - isn't going to make the game for esports. What kind attitude is that?

I wasn't talking about adjusting values. Should have elucidated: I do not want all games to focus on balance and be super competitive. I am fine with Bungie adjusting values - just their end game shouldn't be how to make it super competitive.

Strider

tbh I feel like H5 sniper is how the snipers should feel in Destiny.

Easy to snipe in the grand scheme of things but not as laughably easy as it is now. The AA in Destiny is so high I couldn't aim for shit with the H5 sniper at first despite the high magnetism. All you have to do in Destiny atm is swipe in the general direction of an enemy and you get a kill :/ At least you need a little precision in H5 (although not much)

Ghazi

Beam rifle in 4 had stupidly high AA if you ever got to you use, you felt more inaccurate zooming in with it than hip firing.
I got so much better when I realized all I had to do was swipe and pull the trigger anywhere near their head to get a kill. For a while I was spending too much time lining up my shots and getting killed first. For better or worse, it really is to the point where anyone can snipe without much skill.

I didn't play IB this weekend but was the sniping problem infinitely worse in Clash?
Many more people used snipers, yes. More people than I ever remember using them in year 1, at least.

There's a difference between an easy game and an imbalanced game, and the crucible sandbox is extremely difficult to balance.

Strider

Beam rifle in 4 had stupidly high AA if you ever got to you use, you felt more inaccurate zooming in with it than hip firing.

rofl yea. Not gonna lie that shit was fun tho. Getting multi kills with ease without even aiming in was good times.

But yea they should've nerfed the hell outta that AA.

E92 M3

Many more people used snipers, yes. More people than I ever remember using them in year 1, at least.

There's a difference between an easy game and an imbalanced game, and the crucible sandbox is extremely difficult to balance.

Until they separate PVE and PVP, there will never be true balance. I'd be very happy if they went into the MW2 direction, though.

Halo 2 and Reach are my favorite. CE felt good too, though.

I just wish where AA and bullet magnetism weren't such a stigma. Maybe I'm just getting old, haha.

I wasn't talking about adjusting values. Should have elucidated: I do not want all games to focus on balance and be super competitive. I am fine with Bungie adjust values - just their end game shouldn't be how to make it super competitive.

What does that even mean? Bungie already said they have no interest in balancing the game like they would balance a Halo game, e.g. "Two men enter, the better man leaves, the lesser man is respawning, and that's Halo." -- Luke Smith

Destiny will never be that kind of game.

Axoman

I can't say, but I had strings of games getting wrecked by snipers. I was playing on my Titan and multiple times, I'd get killed with one sniper shot before even being able to throw a hammer.

Good, but it seems like a lot people want a balance similar to Halo.

The weapons will only benefit from balancing like Halo because then they wont have to fuck the meta up every 3 months. But they're not going to suddenly put in even starts or make it so players miss most of their shots.

yup, Year 1, barely noticed snipers, but since the birth of Trials and the move on to Year 2. Sniper explosion

I rather go back to the days of Fusion Rifle lasers than spend another year against Snipers.

yup, Year 1, barely noticed snipers, but since the birth of Trials and the move on to Year 2. Sniper explosion

I rather go back to the days of Fusion Rifle lasers than spend another year against Snipers.

When I say I want to go back to 1.0.2.2., I choose to forget being sniped across the map by Final Rest.

E92 M3

The weapons will only benefit from balancing like Halo because then they wont have to fuck the meta up every 3 months. But they're not going to suddenly put in even starts or make it so players miss most of their shots.

Maybe I'm just trying to relive the old days of MW2 via Destiny. That is why our desires fundamentally clash. I will agree that even starts will be extremely boring in Destiny.

Bitsurugi is playing story with......Bitsurugi2.

That lust for referral rewards :p

Sub accounts work on PS4 lol?

Maybe I'm just trying to relive the old days of MW2 via Destiny. That is why our desires fundamentally clash. I will agree that even starts will be extremely boring in Destiny.

I'm not invested in the e-peen MLG crowd that Halo spawned, but after playing Destiny competitively for a bit I would absolutely like to see the game come closer to Halo as far as outplaying players goes. I got way too much trash talk from people who thought they were good by blinking around with Thorn and Shotguns.

Namikaze1

So there are folks crazy enough to rebuy TTK for the referral rewards.

Q: Can I access Refer-a-Friend if I am playing Destiny through console sharing features?

A: Bungie does not support console sharing features. Players must own Destiny: The Taken King in order to qualify for Referee status in the Refer-a-Friend program, and meet the requirements listed above. You'd each have to re-buy TTK.

On the point of Fusion Rifles, what were the best ones from Year One?

I remember I had a godly Plug One roll with Kneepads, Accelerated Coils and Hipfire.

Paging Hawkian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom